Path of Nerfs

"
Johny_Snow a écrit :
"
PeraAxel a écrit :
"
Johny_Snow a écrit :
So let me get this straight - a majority of the people who complain here never reached 95+ level yet making it harder to level past 95 completely ruins their enjoyment to the point many consider quitting? Is this about right?

Maybe a general concern about balancing the game around what the top .1% (or maybe .01%) can achieve playing 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week?

Depends on what kind of game they want, really.. if the difference in attainable goals between "casual" and other players increase over time it _will_ have an effect. Remains to see if it's the effect they hope for.

But why care about this now when some of them admit to playing for years yet are still level 90?

Not sure.. maybe they already cared, and this change augments the issue?... 100+ of pages indicate that people care at least (one way or another).
Dernière édition par PeraAxel, le 5 déc. 2017 08:59:21
"
Vulnerability is now a Strength gem.

Finally.

Nerfs for Dark Pact, Life Leech and Wither. It will be good expansion xD
Or it is a purely emotional reaction bred by what they consider bad news but in reality its like a financial collapse in some foreign country they most likely will never come in contact with.
The only thing I don't agree with is the Acuity nerf. In order to achieve instant life leech it has to be a crit build and even at that it's not like every hit had instant life leech. Those gloves only drop from the hardest to beat enemy in the game. Nerfing Vaal Pact made the gloves a highly desirable chase unique, now they're just ugly to look at.
I understand some of the reasons why vaal pact was nerfed. People who trivialize end-game bosses by tanking stuff that was ment to be avoided... I personaly like bosses with special mechanics that are avoidable (Hydra is a very good example, that u can do with <4k life. I even did it with cannot leech map mod). The reflect map mod is concerning however. Why does it still exist?

The rise of the phoenix is of a lesser importance. U can do RF builds without it anyways

The exp penalty hits only the ego of some players I guess. What do you obtain by 1 passive point from 99 to 100? Even more... upgrading your rings might bring more value than 3 levels.

I personaly hate being one-shot in a game. What can we do about this? I feel that immortal call and fortify are just mandatory for every character; poping flasks like madmen and portal out as soon as you exhaust them it's just not right.
Personally, I'm not too happy about all of the changes. As many people have already pointed out, VP and Vulnerability\Despair changes seem reasonable. Besides that, everything else looks quite questionable. I guess, we'll have to withhold judgement until the final patch notes come out.

On a side note. I've been playing the game on and off for a few years now. And I still fail to understand the ideology behind GGG's massive gameplay-altering nerfs coming out every other patch. Recent changes to ES-based builds come to mind. The whole family of builds, that used ES as a defensive mechanism were affected dramatically due to changes to VP, passive tree and base values on items. Some might say, that just the VP change would have been enough. And I'm saying this as someone, who doesn't even play ES builds, so I don't have a dog in this particular matter(Other than the fact that I always wanted to see more different solid builds in the game, not less).

My point is, it may seem like the balancing team has been too overzealous and reckless with some of the changes recently. As many have already said, changes to self-cast DP and VP at the same time, nerf to the Brutal Fervor and life leech nodes on the tree at the same time, etc. look like an overkill.
I just hope that the promised buffs would outweigh the nerfs and in fact increase the "build diversity" this time.
"
Chris a écrit :

• 95 to 96: 6.5% more experience needed
  • 96 to 97: 11.5% more experience needed
  • 97 to 98: 18.7% more experience needed
  • 98 to 99: 28.25% more experience needed
  • 99 to 100: 40% more experience needed

Oh nice, so people playing botlike doing the same repeated shaped content easy mode with aura bots will get to level 100 nice and easy in less than 1 week, STILL.

While people trying to have fun doing diffeerent maps and maybe some bosses will never get pass lvl 95.

What about, instead of a penalty for everyone which won't affect the hardcore tryhards at all, you guys make an XP boost for players who kill bosses, who do different maps, who take risks instead of playing the same repetitive content, penalizing those who do such easy mode gameplay?
Also the death penalty, sigh, its either become a tank god or do tier 11-13 shaped forever for the win.

Hmm, guess 3.1 will be the bot's patch?

Also if the nerf to acuities is a retro nerf i'm just leaving for a while. Hope i can find something better to do =/
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Dernière édition par The_Risen, le 5 déc. 2017 09:05:12
"
PoopCityRemix a écrit :
The only thing I don't agree with is the Acuity nerf. In order to achieve instant life leech it has to be a crit build and even at that it's not like every hit had instant life leech. Those gloves only drop from the hardest to beat enemy in the game. Nerfing Vaal Pact made the gloves a highly desirable chase unique, now they're just ugly to look at.

Yep, that's actually something i can completely get behind.
GGG had a chance to make Acuities even more valuable than they already were, instead they kind of just ran them into the ground, making Uber Atziri sigfinicantly less appealing.
I suspect they'll still be worth a few exalts, but won't get anywhere near their former value.
Doesnt seem as bad as I've been hearing on twitch, in fact it mostly seems fine. though raising the lvl 100cap is gonna be a bitch for newer players :p

Also, this is just personal preference, but if you guys are swinging the nerf bat around anyway, please swing it in the direction of support classes, they're boring and promote bad gameplay (speaking from personal experience fromother Arpgs)

Also significantly increase the drop rate of sextants please! (and I'm not talking like a 30% upgrade, I'm talking double if not at triple the current drop rate) right now the item itself is great and fun but obtaining enough of them is absolutely.... not fun at all to say the least!

-> Twitch.tv/furaijin <- If ur new to the game and got questions, this is the place to be! <3
Dernière édition par Furaijin, le 5 déc. 2017 09:08:22
"
PoopCityRemix a écrit :

Yes putting build enabling mechanic behind 50ex paywall that seems reasonable.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires