[3.0] -slayer- ZIP~ZAP~ZOP Charged Dash CwC Poison Arc Discharge

Hi, I'm Orca and I'd like to showcase my build here. It's a build that isn't very complex, so I hope I make the guide easy enough to understand. If you have questions, post here and I'll reply.

Well, then... what build is it? Charged Dash Cwc Poison Arc Discharge, which I call Zip Zap Zop. It uses lightning damage to shock and then apply poison. It's a Slayer build for Bane of the Loyal, mostly (as standing in packs should be minimized), leech, which then provides constant immunity to stun, and then as a by-product naturally finishes off stragglers with another Arc.

It clears extremely fast. Oh, and only needs a Cospri's Malice at 60c (but shines if you have a 6L chest armour).

Options for the build include Ascendant for Elementalist reflect-proof, or Inquisitor for crit, consecrated ground, ele resist penetration, easier access to elemental/ a second curse node if you have a +1 curse ammy, Assassin for crit+ "Toxic Delivery" or Raider for "Way of the Poacher" and the other nodes. Slayer's "Bane of Legends" is the most dps on a single point in the game, and the only node that scales with mob health, for me therefore, Slayer is the choice, but ymmv, and this is an easily-adapted build.

Pros and Cons

+ It clears packs very fast- Warbands, rogue exiles, etc...
+ It clears maps (besides bosses) that are as high as 2 levels below your current character level with ease
+ Unique mobiles in packs are not an issue
+ The gear requirements are minimal
+ There are no chase Unique items required
+ Is easy to get the most out of the build, once you practice
+ Slayer provides the tools necessary to have the build do well
+ The Discharge MTX is pretty dope

- Build will require you learn how Charged Dash works
- Mobs not in a pack will be nettlesome
- Bosses will generally take a good long time to kill (best to have a boss killer or skip)
- Map mods that increase Unique monsters' damage should be skipped
- Map Mods that reduce player block or dodge chance should be skipped

The build uses appropriate short or long charged Charged Dashes to apply Poison from storm Cascade then Arc and Discharge. How does It apply poison? By use of the lightning damage version of Volkuur's Guidance, which then powers up the damage mobs take. How does it power up Discharge? By use of Maligaro's Cruelty, which cycles through using and giving you charges. Also gain Power Charges from Blasphemy, Assassin's Mark, and Frenzy from Blood Rage. Mobs will almost always take Charged Dash poison and 1-3 Arc chain poisons and so will have between 2-4 poisons which pretty fairly well guarantee Power Charges. Then you will normally Discharge when you release Charged Dash (but sometimes before), and charges are added again, continuing the cycle.

The Damage sources therefore are -
Arc
Charged Dash
Discharge
Storm Cascade
Poison applied by Arc
Poison applied by Charged Dash
Poison applied by Discharge
Poison applied by Storm Cascade

Storm Cascade is granted by the Rippling Thoughts, and sends out some lightning spew, basically a lightning version of Glacial cascade (duh...), it will go off every second, and if you haven't attacked in over a second, as soon as you begin to channel Charged Dash it will proc. If you hold down Charged Dash for longer than a second, it will not re-proc til you begin another channel. It can be used to apply shock, and gems that are socketted in the Rippling Thoughts will support it (except trap remote mine cast while channeling and cast on crit).

Gem Requirements --
Spoiler
Blood Rage, Cast When Damage Taken lvl 11, Immortal Call lvl 13, Increased Duration

Blasphemy, Assassin's Mark OR Conductivity (and some gem you'd like to link to Storm Cascade, I use Iron Will)

Discharge, Controlled Destruction, Vile Toxins

Charged Dash, Arc, Cast while Channelling, Vile Toxins, Iron Will, Added Lighning Damage

Wither, Spell Totem, Faster Casting, Increased Area of Effect/Conc Effect

Summon Flame Golem. Wrath. Leap Slam, Fortify

Optional --

You can put in a lvl 3 Empower with Summon Flame Golem, Move Leap Slam by itself to the Rippling Thoughts, move Blood Rage in w/ Summon Golem, add Smoke Mine to IC+ Inc Duration, then use points to take Charisma. This is viable, I just happen not to like manually re-summoning Summon Fame Golem when it dies...

Optional for (harder fight) boss swap --

Blade Flurry and a 4L gloves w/ Ancestral Protector, Vile Toxins, Added Lightning Damage, and either Ruthless or Elemental Focus (there is a ton of variation here, if you can chill the boss somehow, Hypothermia is very good).

Options include another golem or Whirling Blades, and Poison instead of Vile Toxins in both Discharge and AP, but my listed set-up seems best.

Gear Requirements --

My build requires
an Intuitive Leap, also a Fertile Mind, most likely.

Gear --
Spoiler

Gear Options --
Spoiler

Any 5L/6lchest that you'd like to use, Belly, Lightning Coil, Zandethus', Dendrobate, Death's oath, etc and many other options. I'm not focusing on either Armour nor Eva.

Any leather belt, a lightning Doryani's, the Retch, or even

A Bisco's Collar
can be used. Any helm or boots you'd like to use, such as +1 frenzy or a pair you have with +1 to socketted gems. Switch in stuff see what suits you. Bino's Kitchen Knife
is also doable, as you'll notice the poison spreading, my opinion is the lightning dmg from the Rippling Thoughts is more noticeable, but Bino's does have that life regen.

Enchants --
Spoiler
Helm
Spoiler
You'll get best dps out of a 150% Flame Golem Effect, and is therefore the one you should be using. If you cannot get that on a helm you'd like to use, use any Arc, Charged Dash, Discharge, or Leap Slam enchant. Acceptable would be Assassin's Mark effect, Wither area of effect, AP damage, Immortal Call duration, or if you use another golem it's 150% effect (don't use the lesser one, as any of the other enchants would be way better).

Boots
Spoiler
Best is Life leech, then life regen, then crit, then lightning damage. The attack and cast, shock and ignite, ele damage pen, and any dodge. The others aren't that useful.

Gloves
Spoiler
Reflection, Light, Thunder, or Grave are all good for this build

Jewel --
Spoiler
Life on jewels plus Multi is the best, obv, but resists, and intelligence if you need it.

Tree and pastebin for PoB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/4ZbGsZMj

Thanks for reading, should you have any questions, please ask here and I'll do my best to answer.

Dernière édition par Orca_Orcinus, le 15 oct. 2017 20:42:23
Dernier bump le 15 oct. 2017 20:43:12
got any of them videos?
it's bane of legends btw
"
Enrovy a écrit :
it's bane of legends btw

Thank you, corrected. Was running Pob in the background for ascendancy nodes, and had too many words stuck in my head.

As for vids, I'm afraid not- no capture card, and trying to video capture would reduce my frames too low.
Dernière édition par Orca_Orcinus, le 15 oct. 2017 20:44:19

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires