3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

Enjoying the build
Dernière édition par Kurokawa, le 4 janv. 2018 13:10:57
Well, switched to kaom's boots.....I'm kind of torn, I thought it would be better than it actually is.

I even got the ones with the right enchant,payed a few heafty exalts for it. I gained hp and damage, I lost move speed big time, and a few spare sockets would be nice.

I truly hate shield charge, it's clumsy and it does not work specifically the way I would like it to work, it only shines in totally open and flat maps, sharp corners, bumps, rocks, and small spaces are cumbersome to say the least(this can also be due to the fact that I might simply suck at using shield charge properly, so one has to take that into consideration as well). With kaom's I simply can't use cyclone anymore since I loose too much movespeed to properly keep that up.

My map clearing speed went down by quite a lot. I find the only true advantage to be at boss fights, but even there it's situational, as in certain cases cycloning is better. Don't forget that you can't be stunned and knocked back while in cyclone, so kaom's boots loses any advantage it would have in that situation. Also cyclone offers the advantage of passing through enemies, something that you can not do with shield charge. This is especially good when you are dealing with fast enemies or let us say abyss creeps that are behind a very small corner that is defended by a few creeps, you can just cyclone through everything and get to the main guy you want to kill.

Could anyone give me some advice as is what could I change in my gear, to gain back the movespeed I lost with the kaom's boots? As in what gloves, gems, whatever....what would work with both a RF build, but also give me some movespeed, since I would like to keep using cyclone.
Dernière édition par Nosferat, le 4 janv. 2018 14:49:15
I'm wondering if Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet's
bonus damage get's triggered by shield charge?
Also wondering if it's an okay'ish temporary substitute if one happens to have it?
Currently trying it out but unsure if the damage is applied or not.
Killed Uber Atziri with this build for the first time playing POE. Got 480k DPS, 10.1k HP and 1.8hp regen. You dont need the watchers eye jewel to kill her. Ima try Shaper next but it should be way easier than Uber Atziri.

My gear is far from being maxed. I dont have watchers eye, no PoF lvl 21 with Empower but its enough to finish all content.

Gear:

One rf-question: My rf - gems are socketed in my elder helmet (lvl 18 burn dmg/lvl 18 conc eff). Would it be worth, to drop my kaoms heart to get a 6-linked belly of the beast for a 6-link-scorching ray set up in addition?
"
Nosferat a écrit :
Well, switched to kaom's boots.....I'm kind of torn, I thought it would be better than it actually is.

I even got the ones with the right enchant,payed a few heafty exalts for it. I gained hp and damage, I lost move speed big time, and a few spare sockets would be nice.

I truly hate shield charge, it's clumsy and it does not work specifically the way I would like it to work, it only shines in totally open and flat maps, sharp corners, bumps, rocks, and small spaces are cumbersome to say the least(this can also be due to the fact that I might simply suck at using shield charge properly, so one has to take that into consideration as well). With kaom's I simply can't use cyclone anymore since I loose too much movespeed to properly keep that up.

My map clearing speed went down by quite a lot. I find the only true advantage to be at boss fights, but even there it's situational, as in certain cases cycloning is better. Don't forget that you can't be stunned and knocked back while in cyclone, so kaom's boots loses any advantage it would have in that situation. Also cyclone offers the advantage of passing through enemies, something that you can not do with shield charge. This is especially good when you are dealing with fast enemies or let us say abyss creeps that are behind a very small corner that is defended by a few creeps, you can just cyclone through everything and get to the main guy you want to kill.

Could anyone give me some advice as is what could I change in my gear, to gain back the movespeed I lost with the kaom's boots? As in what gloves, gems, whatever....what would work with both a RF build, but also give me some movespeed, since I would like to keep using cyclone.

Get a brightbeak and it will feel much better, you can do doriyani's in a weapon swap for bosses if you want to keep the extra damage. I've done all content on a brightbeak. I also keep a leap slam in my bag for maps or situations where it's useful, and there's nothing really stopping you from using it full time if you prefer.
"
Nosferat a écrit :

What guide are you following? This build is designed around Shield Charge, not Cyclone.

Shield Charge scales with Attack Speed and Movement Speed. We can't get MS, so we focus on AS. You need a decent amount of AS sources for Shield Charge to be usable. You completely ignored all of them, that's why you are having issues.

1. Switch to Brightbeak, it has very high AS. Doryani's Catalyst is a dps stick that can be used on bosses, it's shit for clearspeed.

2. Switch to Berserker. It adds a lot to AS, dps, and healing.

3. You need Faster Attacks gem in your Shield Charge setup. You can't use Culling Strike in its place unless you get FA to roll as an affix (elder gloves).

4. Essence craft elder gloves (essence of insanity) for an attack speed multiplier. You might get lucky and get FA to roll as an affix. Or you can try and find a regular elder pair with FA on it.

It's basically the same build. I was going chieftain till I felt comfortable with my gear to switch towards berserker, since chieftain is less punisging . I will equip the mentioned items however I am so far sceptical with shield charge. It's not about it being bad, it is about kaom giving me so far only the benefit of about 100 to max life as opposed to any rare boots with life+cyclone. As boots with added speed to them give me a faster map clearing speed and cyclone is better in any map that has a more closed corridor layout. I will try beak later on and switch to berserk see if that improves my clearing/farming speed. So far without kaom's boots, with cyclone and with my current build. A relaxed t 12 map while sipping some coffe takes 5 minutes or so, maybe 7. Without brightbeak, just same gear only now wuth kaom boots, no cyclone just shield charge. Map clearing is at 10-15 min.
"
Nosferat a écrit :
It's basically the same build. I was going chieftain till I felt comfortable with my gear to switch towards berserker, since chieftain is less punisging . I will equip the mentioned items however I am so far sceptical with shield charge. It's not about it being bad, it is about kaom giving me so far only the benefit of about 100 to max life as opposed to any rare boots with life+cyclone. As boots with added speed to them give me a faster map clearing speed and cyclone is better in any map that has a more closed corridor layout. I will try beak later on and switch to berserk see if that improves my clearing/farming speed. So far without kaom's boots, with cyclone and with my current build. A relaxed t 12 map while sipping some coffe takes 5 minutes or so, maybe 7. Without brightbeak, just same gear only now wuth kaom boots, no cyclone just shield charge. Map clearing is at 10-15 min.

If you do what i suggested, you'll be flying through maps. Tight corridors do cause issues, but it should still be relatively fast.

Just to give you an idea of how much you are missing.

Your Shield Charge aps = 1.93
Mine = 5.59
"
rhah a écrit :

If you do what i suggested, you'll be flying through maps. Tight corridors do cause issues, but it should still be relatively fast.

Just to give you an idea of how much you are missing.

Your Shield Charge aps = 1.93
Mine = 5.59

Just switched to brightbeak to see if it will work better, you were right indeed, it does make map clearing easier and faster. I will go berserk once I hit 90 and get some better gear like the gloves you mentioned.

I'm still having a hard time adjusting from cyclone to shield charge as they play differently. At times it can get quite frustrating when I want to kill an abyss mob but I just can't get to it via charge, this is where cyclone had an enormous advantage, or being locked in very tight spots, just hit a speed flask, and cyclone away through mobs,frost walls. I'm still trying to figure out what to use in those situations, as I have managed to die I a couple of times in higher maps, from abyss creeps by getting simply overwhelmed and overrun in a corner and unable to escape in time(got simply overwhelmed in a corner by 30 or so of those small worms that are spitted out from a distance, in the meantime I had 3 rare abyss creatures that I simply was unable to get to and my hp was beeing drained really fast, by the time lightning warp managed to activate and get there so I can get out of the corner, I died.

Before I just cycloned and melted them away, now it's getting more and more difficult.

The only thing for now that can rescue me from such problems is lightning warp as it's perfect for getting out of a sticky situation, the problem with that is the cast speed, since it's based on movespeed, and I lost a lot of it with kaom's boots, at times it's simply too slow, I'm looking at alternatives, something like what Scarri sugested with leap slam.
Dernière édition par Nosferat, le 5 janv. 2018 07:06:00

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires