Raw Numbers

- 3x53k DPS before wither / 3x153k after wither
- Perma Fortify
- 85/84/84 Resistances
- 512 Life Regen
- 6800 Life

Pros

- cheap and easy league starter

- can do all map mods, just be a little more careful in NO REGEN and swap IRON WILL SUPPORT for Blood Magic SUPPORT

- very safe versus elemental damage and in general via taunt from totems

Cons

- not the fastest build in the world

Concept

Dark Pact is a new active spell that deals damage based on your life pool if no skeletons are around. If you put it on a spell totem, the life pool of your totem counts instead.

Totem Life and Totem Damage are in very strength heavy areas on the tree, something a caster usually doesn't favour that much.
To make use of STR we are using the Iron Will Support gem that grants spell damage and gives us 1% Increased Spell Damage for 5 STR.

In addition to that we use the lovely supporter unique "Doon Cuebiyari" which grants us mana, cast speed, even more STR and additional 1% increased damage per 8 STR.

Now strength is life aswell as damage and we actually have a reason to run around and pick it up while getting totem life and totem damage.

Another source of Increased Totem Life is the unique jewel "Spire of Stone" which as a nice QOL feature makes our totems stun immune. The best place for that jewel seems to be between Marauder and Duelist.

The last big source for totem life is a little complicated:

As you can see it's pretty insane.

I huge amount of totem life, an additional totem AND level 20 spell totem is already applied.
Of course this much power comes with a big downside.

Everytime our totems expire or we replace them, a random level 20 curse will be cast upon us.
We need to find a way to mitigate this effect or we're just gonna die all the time:

With 2 of those, curses applied to us only at 20% effectiveness. It still hurts but we can probably mitigate this further later on.

Do you remember an old jewel related to cursing yourself?

Now if we can keep up 5 curses, which isn't too hard, we get 95% increased damage. Awesome!

Looking at the numbers for damage, just the iron will STR stacking, self-flagellation and the totem damage already raise our damage to 160k and 500k respectively with Wither.
That's more than I need and instead of increasing it even more, I want to explore options to mitigation the downside of Soul Mantle.

We still have a full mana pool we don't use currently. With some investment into aura reservation reduction, we can fit in all 3 purities at 125% effectiveness. That's a +5% max resist vs. cold, fire and lightning.

To push it even further we use Saffel's Frame.

Factoring in "Barbarism" on the tree, our resists are now 85/84/84/84.
Crazy, anything spell related shouldn't be an issue anymore and melee usually doesn't make it behind our totems. That's leaves projectile attacks as the major threat.

Since our damage is fine already, we are in the Strength area on the tree mostly and just looking for more defenses, there's only one obvious choice here: Champion.

A very powerful and balanced class that's often overlooked.

"Fortitude" grants us additional elemental AND physical mitigation, totem builds usually don't have that. (lab1+2)

"Conqueror" and "Worthy Foe" makes our totems taunt the enemies, take 20% more damage and if they still decide to hit us they deal 20% less damage. (lab3+4)

By now I'd say the downside of Soul Mantle is not just completely mitigated, it's now almost impossible for anything to focus and kill us. :)

Bandits and PoB

Bandits
Take the 2 points!

Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/DWNip3Sm

Gem Setup

Dark Pact - Controlled Destruction - Iron Will - Void Manipulation - Added Chaos (- AoE/ConC/Efficacy/Faster Casting)

My current gear

Lookin forward to your feedback! :)
Perception is reality.
Dernière édition par widardd, le 1 déc. 2018 05:56:51
Dernier bump le 6 nov. 2017 05:25:34
This is as,good or better the Bobslops dp totem build?
"
Burnsie a écrit :
This is as,good or better the Bobslops dp totem build?

I don't know that build, but the way builds in PoE usually work there is no "best", it comes down to what's important to you.

For example someone could prefer to use a high spell damage shield offhand instead of saffel's, and while that would increase your damage, your defenses take a big hit.

It's probably best for you to take inspiration from both builds and do your own variant. :)
Perception is reality.
Dernière édition par widardd, le 21 août 2017 13:18:35
how does a Saffel's compare to rare shield with life + spell dmg/crit in this build
Dernière édition par cape413, le 27 oct. 2017 18:35:54
"
cape413 a écrit :
how does a Saffel's compare to rare shield with life + spell dmg/crit in this build

The build isn't going the crit route, so that's pointless.

A good rare shield would result in getting 5% more life, around 14% more damage and around 20% block, but you would take 25% more elemental damage.

Spoiler
Perception is reality.
"
widardd a écrit :
"
cape413 a écrit :

The build isn't going the crit route, so that's pointless.

A good rare shield would result in getting 5% more life, around 14% more damage and around 20% block, but you would take 25% more elemental damage.

Spoiler

oh yeah this isn't crit I'm dumb, ty for stats

Hi there.
Can i get some leveling clues, and watch the passive three not in pob ?
Dernière édition par daiverok, le 6 nov. 2017 05:25:47

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires