[3.0] Glacial Hammer Gladiator

"
Hmm... to be honest I simply didn't thought about that.

It will probably help you with the clear speed while mapping, but might make you a little bit slower while killing bosses, since you have to refresh the curse once in a while (which on the other hand you might have to do for fortify anyhow).

So... overall a very good idea, thanks!

I will modify the build description to reflect your recommendation soon.

But if we do this with shield charge, won't we basically lose fortify? Or do you have different ideas for using fortify, then?
"
Bluenickelz a écrit :
But if we do this with shield charge, won't we basically lose fortify? Or do you have different ideas for using fortify, then?

Check the original post please, I updated the skill setup.

In short: Shield Charge is now linked with Fortify, Curse on Hit, Frostbite on a 4L. The Ancestral Protector gets it's own setup with Faster Attacks and Melee Physical Damage.

Shield Charge looses Faster Attacks, but using Devoto's Devotion and -hopefully- boots with movement speed, the impact on the movement speed is rather low. And damage was never a thing for Shield Charge.
Dernière édition par chedrich, le 17 août 2017 04:21:04
Really enjoying this build, thanks for sharing.
I'll try this build as inquisitor and with Brass Dome instead of Belt of the Deceiver :-) I'll let you know how it goes, when I begin to clear T10+ maps. Thank you very much for the detailed guide.

Oh and would you habe any additional advices for inquis (except the tree and ascendancy choice from a few posts before?)
how does 2x Winter Burial stack?

and why we dont use Multistrike? When i changed Ruthless for multistrike i gain 10k dps
Dernière édition par mastahn1, le 25 août 2017 10:55:29
General update:

The build on Harbinger is coming close to lvl 90 (92 beeing the "end" of the build for most purposes). I'm doing T12-13 maps with "normal" mods without any issues. Elemental Reflect maps are possible due to the Pantheon Power "Soul of Yugul" which I strongly recommend. Elemental Reflect and Ele Weakness or Reduced maximum resists are still a no-go.

"
mastahn1 a écrit :
how does 2x Winter Burial stack?

and why we dont use Multistrike? When i changed Ruthless for multistrike i gain 10k dps

Winter Burial provides us with damage conversion from physical to cold: 25% per jewel. Glacial Hammer itself has 50% conversion, and 2 Winter Burial jewels add up to a full conversion: 100% of our damage is cold. And since "only" the cold part of our damage is converted to the ae-hit, you want to have 100% cold damage in order to hit the entire area with your full power (making the effect way better than Melee Splash for example). Additionally we have Cold Penetration in our setup, which also benefits from a full cold conversion.

I had a small section on Multistrike vs. Ruthless in the original post. The difference you notice is only "display DPS" but not real damage. Ruthless is simply not displayed in the iG DPS figure. You can check that out very simple: insert the Ruthless gem into your gem setup, check your DPS. Remove it, check your DPS again. No change. But Ruthless provides us with 113% MORE damage for every third blow. Checking the effects on POB, where the Ruthless is also included in the calculation, you can see that there is almost no difference in the DPS between Ruthless and Multistrike. Having this, it mostly comes down to the other properties of the gems. And since Multistrike has a higher mana consumption as Ruthless and locks you in place for 3 hits, I chose Ruthless over Multistrike. But if you have no mana issues and prefer the Multistike "feeling" - go for it. Dmg-wise it makes no difference.

"
coryu a écrit :
I'll try this build as inquisitor and with Brass Dome instead of Belt of the Deceiver :-) I'll let you know how it goes, when I begin to clear T10+ maps. Thank you very much for the detailed guide.

Oh and would you habe any additional advices for inquis (except the tree and ascendancy choice from a few posts before?)

Pretty difficult for me to say a lot about your solution without playing it. Making theoretical builds is not my strength to be honest. I usually have to play them in order to get a feeling about the issues which might occur on the way. It is mostly easy to say "skill like that, take this node, use this jewel". But if everything sums up to a "good feeling build" is hard to forecast.

Maybe a couple of thoughts:

A full block-based defence is sometimes hard to acomplish for a Templer without either expensive items (e.g. The Red Nightmare, Rainbowstrides) or having to sacrifice some slots (for example when using Stone of Lazhwar and/or Reckless Defence jewels). On the other hand - going for the Brass Dome, Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics are also no solution for you. Therefore it might make sense to have a good combination, like some block, some evade/dodge/spell dodge, some spell block and a big life pool (over 6k). The build described in this thread works already with something above 5k, because it has cap block and spell block, enough armor and still some evade.

Since you go inquisitor, you will probably not use Resolute Technique. So you will have to look for items with a high accuracy roll. On the other hand, since mana and int should not be a big issue for a Templar, you have some "space left" on your rings probably... (my rings are currently full with mana reg, int, phys dmg, life and some resists)...

Other than that - if any issues occur I would be glad to support you as a sparring partner for you thoughts.
thanks for response my frienderinio
Curious where the two Winter Burials go on skill tree or if it matters much?
Updated the original post with
* A new gem setup which provides Endurance Charges
* Some thoughts on Mana Regeneration, Intelligence and Chaos Resistance
* Replaced the item setup from Standard with the one from Harbinger - it seems more appropriate to reflect what the build is currently capable of

"
daiterne a écrit :
Curious where the two Winter Burials go on skill tree or if it matters much?

Our setup has only 2 jewel slots supporting strength threshold jewels: the one close to Golem's Blood and the one near Berseking. If you chose a different pathing and have other slots which support strength threshold jewels as well (e.g. the one close to Martial Experience or the one close to Stamina) they will work as well - it makes no difference as long as there is 40 strength in a medium jewel radius.

can anyone plz post a video or gif of gameplay ty
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires