[2.6] Cospri's Forge Lacerate Slayer - Fast clearspeed - Farming Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri -

I find the clearspeed to be not that different considering that buffed with totem, rallying cry, 4 frenzy, atziri's promise and lion's roar i get about 100k tool tip dps roughly. I tried out a tier 14 with it and it went pretty decently. Had problems against the boss as I ran out of mana inspite of mana leech. Replaced meele damage on full life with bloodmagic and I have tooltip dps of 70k. That is on a lvl 16 cyclone. Did a tier 12 with it no problems.
But, lacerate surely is safer and easier to do content with. I am surely going to use it against bosses I find tough.
Dernière édition par ultra_super_hyper, le 20 mai 2017 17:11:33
"
ultra_super_hyper a écrit :
I find the clearspeed to be not that different considering that buffed with totem, rallying cry, 4 frenzy, atziri's promise and lion's roar i get about 100k tool tip dps roughly. I tried out a tier 14 with it and it went pretty decently. Had problems against the boss as I ran out of mana inspite of mana leech. Replaced meele damage on full life with bloodmagic and I have tooltip dps of 70k. That is on a lvl 16 cyclone. Did a tier 12 with it no problems.
But, lacerate surely is safer and easier to do content with. I am surely going to use it against bosses I find tough.

You can pick up the mana leech nodes above iron reflexes if you like for more mana leech. You should also finish your ascendancies asap.
I'm rather new to the game and was following a different lacerate guide unaware that this one existed so my talents and gear differ a little. I would like any advice, I'm currently not using cospri's for +1 curse. And I don't use fortify on my lacerate 6-link, and run it on my leap slam, with no endurance charge on stun support. I'm not sure what I can run for defense without 2x curse or endurance charges. Here is my current setup below, again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

Dernière édition par Noichiro, le 21 mai 2017 15:20:33
Getting RRRGGB on a Cospri's is darn near the most expensive part of the build I feel like pointing out.
"
DamageIncorporated a écrit :
Getting RRRGGB on a Cospri's is darn near the most expensive part of the build I feel like pointing out.

It's not unless you get really unlucky. Should take you less than 500 chroms using Vorici 2R. Even if it takes you a thousand that's only around 100c.
"
Noichiro a écrit :
I'm rather new to the game and was following a different lacerate guide unaware that this one existed so my talents and gear differ a little. I would like any advice, I'm currently not using cospri's for +1 curse. And I don't use fortify on my lacerate 6-link, and run it on my leap slam, with no endurance charge on stun support. I'm not sure what I can run for defense without 2x curse or endurance charges. Here is my current setup below, again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

Replace molten shell with immortal call in your CWDT links to start with. Even if you have no endurance charges it still gives you a moment of invulnerability, which can easily save your life.

Another simple fix would be to replace your bismuth flask with a basalt flask. If you don't have your resists capped without a bismuth flask active, that's the next thing you need to fix. A good source of resists is jewels. Also, your current two-stone ring doesn't have a lot of resists either, partly because you are using up a suffix to get mana leech. Replace that ring with something that has higher resistance rolls and no mana leech - I will link a suggested passive tree for you which will include mana leech at the end of this reply.

As a note, another potential source of resists would be to replace your belly of the beast with a good Astral Plate, but that could be quite expensive.

Another thing I would suggest is to replace your current life flask with an instant effect Divine Life Flask (Bubbling or Seething).

As for other defensive options, fortify is by far the strongest defensive tool available to you. Linking it to leap slam is fine if you are able to reliably keep it up by leap slamming into an enemy every 5 seconds or so. You can try replacing melee damage on full life with fortify in your lacerate links to see how it feels. The fortify will be a lot more reliable this way but you will lose some damage. If the loss of dps is too much, you can do one of two things:

1) Get yourself used to leap slamming every 5 seconds or so to keep fortify up

2) Try using Cleave with the threshold jewel Overwhelming Odds instead of Lacerate. Overwhelming Odds gives you fortify on hit with cleave without having to link the support gem. This would also let you link end charge on melee stun to leap slam. You would either have to recolour your Belly to RRRRGB or use Void Manipulation in the green socket that you take Lacerate out of. I'm told using Cleave with the Haemophilia gloves is a lot of fun.

Another defensive option would be to use Grace instead of Haste. You would lose some attack speed but it's something to consider/try out.

Yet another option is temporal chains. My build uses temp chains in large part due to the massive defensive utility this curse offers. If you have a look at the showcase video for this build you'll see how powerful the slow effect is. A good example is the Chimera fight, which I had a lot of trouble doing before I started using Temp chains - there are very dangerous adds in that fight but they are almost trivialized with temp chains up.

I realise you don't have +1 curse and are using vulnerability so it's not a simple adjustment to make but I just wanted to mention how good temp chains is for defense.

Yet another option would be to replace vulnerability with arctic armour and get a Witchfire Brew instead. The WB vuln is not as powerful as a 20/20 gem with enhance linked to it, but it is very powerful in its own right. While I'm on the subject, get a vulnerability gem with quality on it asap. It's really important. The best way to get gems is to buy the ones on poe.trade that have >10 levels and >10 quality. People find gems like that all the time in Uber Lab, so they are plentiful.

I'm out of ideas for now, but I'm gonna link you a suggested alternate passive tree. I removed Executioner, took Vitality Void (strong defensively and the pathing gives you mana leech) and changed the pathing in the templar area - take that or leave it, this pathing is "better" but if you need the 12% resists from Elementalist to keep yourself capped then by all means leave it as is.
Dernière édition par Euploid, le 21 mai 2017 21:29:56
"
Euploid a écrit :
"

It's not unless you get really unlucky. Should take you less than 500 chroms using Vorici 2R. Even if it takes you a thousand that's only around 100c.

Then I guess I'm unlucky. 550 chromes, no dice. All out of chromes. Coloring the chest is expensive.

1000 chromes later. Ya but hey I'm just unlucky.

1200 chromes later.

Said screw it and bought a 6L already colored. yay for throwing away 1.5 exalt in chromes PLUS the cost of the 5L6S that will sit waiting to be sold at a loss. Wonderful game this is, omgsofun.
Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 21 mai 2017 23:45:20
"
Euploid a écrit :
"
Noichiro a écrit :

Spoiler

Replace molten shell with immortal call in your CWDT links to start with. Even if you have no endurance charges it still gives you a moment of invulnerability, which can easily save your life.

Another simple fix would be to replace your bismuth flask with a basalt flask. If you don't have your resists capped without a bismuth flask active, that's the next thing you need to fix. A good source of resists is jewels. Also, your current two-stone ring doesn't have a lot of resists either, partly because you are using up a suffix to get mana leech. Replace that ring with something that has higher resistance rolls and no mana leech - I will link a suggested passive tree for you which will include mana leech at the end of this reply.

As a note, another potential source of resists would be to replace your belly of the beast with a good Astral Plate, but that could be quite expensive.

Another thing I would suggest is to replace your current life flask with an instant effect Divine Life Flask (Bubbling or Seething).

As for other defensive options, fortify is by far the strongest defensive tool available to you. Linking it to leap slam is fine if you are able to reliably keep it up by leap slamming into an enemy every 5 seconds or so. You can try replacing melee damage on full life with fortify in your lacerate links to see how it feels. The fortify will be a lot more reliable this way but you will lose some damage. If the loss of dps is too much, you can do one of two things:

1) Get yourself used to leap slamming every 5 seconds or so to keep fortify up

2) Try using Cleave with the threshold jewel Overwhelming Odds instead of Lacerate. Overwhelming Odds gives you fortify on hit with cleave without having to link the support gem. This would also let you link end charge on melee stun to leap slam. You would either have to recolour your Belly to RRRRGB or use Void Manipulation in the green socket that you take Lacerate out of. I'm told using Cleave with the Haemophilia gloves is a lot of fun.

Another defensive option would be to use Grace instead of Haste. You would lose some attack speed but it's something to consider/try out.

Yet another option is temporal chains. My build uses temp chains in large part due to the massive defensive utility this curse offers. If you have a look at the showcase video for this build you'll see how powerful the slow effect is. A good example is the Chimera fight, which I had a lot of trouble doing before I started using Temp chains - there are very dangerous adds in that fight but they are almost trivialized with temp chains up.

I realise you don't have +1 curse and are using vulnerability so it's not a simple adjustment to make but I just wanted to mention how good temp chains is for defense.

Yet another option would be to replace vulnerability with arctic armour and get a Witchfire Brew instead. The WB vuln is not as powerful as a 20/20 gem with enhance linked to it, but it is very powerful in its own right. While I'm on the subject, get a vulnerability gem with quality on it asap. It's really important. The best way to get gems is to buy the ones on poe.trade that have >10 levels and >10 quality. People find gems like that all the time in Uber Lab, so they are plentiful.

I'm out of ideas for now, but I'm gonna link you a suggested alternate passive tree. I removed Executioner, took Vitality Void (strong defensively and the pathing gives you mana leech) and changed the pathing in the templar area - take that or leave it, this pathing is "better" but if you need the 12% resists from Elementalist to keep yourself capped then by all means leave it as is.

What level would you suggest for CWDT and Immortal Call? As for resists, I'm capped with the gear I have. Also I wanted to ideally use haste or any other aura really since I'm not using the 2 curse setup, but it actually just puts too much mana on reserve so I can't. Not sure what to do with that extra slot, I guess I could just make it blue for vaal lightning trap or something. Does cleave work on a 2h sword? Whenever I look it up it says it requires a 1hander. I'd rather not use fortify on lacerate, melee damage on full-life is like 1/3 or 1/4 my dps on tooltip.
"

Then I guess I'm unlucky. 550 chromes, no dice. All out of chromes. Coloring the chest is expensive.

1200 chromes later.

Said screw it and bought a 6L already colored. yay for throwing away 1.5 exalt in chromes PLUS the cost of the 5L6S that will sit waiting to be sold at a loss. Wonderful game this is, omgsofun.

You did get really unlucky though, I've coloured 3 of that chest to RRRGGB and every time it took fewer than 600 chroms. It's a cliche and it's a bitch but, RNG is RNG.

"
Noichiro a écrit :
What level would you suggest for CWDT and Immortal Call? As for resists, I'm capped with the gear I have. Also I wanted to ideally use haste or any other aura really since I'm not using the 2 curse setup, but it actually just puts too much mana on reserve so I can't. Not sure what to do with that extra slot, I guess I could just make it blue for vaal lightning trap or something. Does cleave work on a 2h sword? Whenever I look it up it says it requires a 1hander. I'd rather not use fortify on lacerate, melee damage on full-life is like 1/3 or 1/4 my dps on tooltip.

I use lvl 7 cwdt with a lvl 9 immortal call but that's not a hard rule, just look up CWDT on the wiki and use a level that makes sense to you. You don't want the threshold to be too low, especially if you intend to use endurance charges at some point.

If you want to use auras but can't it's because of enhance. It gives your blasphemy a mana multiplier. You could replace haste with Arctic Armour or you could try replacing the blasphemy setup for a witchfire brew, which would let you use both haste/grace and AA.

Cleave works with 2h swords. Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cleave

I know you'd rather not use fortify in your 6-link but just try it for a map or two to see what it feels like compared to the other setup. Starforge already has so much base damage that you can almost oneshot everything in a T10 map on a 4link. Maximum DPS isn't necessarily always the best option.
"
Euploid a écrit :
"

1200 chromes later.

You did get really unlucky though, I've coloured 3 of that chest to RRRGGB and every time it took fewer than 600 chroms. It's a cliche and it's a bitch but, RNG is RNG.

"
Noichiro a écrit :

I use lvl 7 cwdt with a lvl 9 immortal call but that's not a hard rule, just look up CWDT on the wiki and use a level that makes sense to you. You don't want the threshold to be too low, especially if you intend to use endurance charges at some point.

If you want to use auras but can't it's because of enhance. It gives your blasphemy a mana multiplier. You could replace haste with Arctic Armour or you could try replacing the blasphemy setup for a witchfire brew, which would let you use both haste/grace and AA.

Cleave works with 2h swords. Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cleave

I know you'd rather not use fortify in your 6-link but just try it for a map or two to see what it feels like compared to the other setup. Starforge already has so much base damage that you can almost oneshot everything in a T10 map on a 4link. Maximum DPS isn't necessarily always the best option.

Like I said I'm rather new, so I don't really understand how the threshold for CWDT works, really no idea what level to use. Lowest level sounds best to me because more procs? No idea how it works. I had haste on the standalone slot in the 5link. So it wasn't connected to enhance, I had 50 mana which was enough for a single swing, it works some what with just clearing maps. But, if I miss a single swing I'm just standing there. So I don't think I can really use another aura at all. Witchfire brew, I suppose I could use that, just really annoying to use more flasks.

edit: I see now that arctic armor is only 25% mana reserve, so nevermind I can use that. Also checked cleave it was like almost double the DPS of my lacerate, crazy, I must've been searching reave originally.
Dernière édition par Noichiro, le 22 mai 2017 07:58:30

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires