[2.3] LL BM One-Above-All AFKTanker 78/78% block, up to 100k+ armour, 9k+ ES (with videos)

Ever wanted to tank everything in the game, including Uber bosses? If so, I introduce to you the best tank build I've ever made. It has several layers of defenses such as 78% block/spell block, high armor, over-capped resists, fortify, enfeeble, and reduced extra damage from critical strikes.
This is an End-Game Build, as such, it requires that you have prior knowledge of how the game works. This includes knowing the bosses that you are fighting so that you can use the most optimal flasks for your battle. To min/max this build, it is recommended that you are level 90+. At level 100, you can expect 10,000 ES or more with optimal gear.

Videos:
AFK Tanking Double VAAL Bosses
AFK tanking Atziri
Trio Domination
Uber Izaro Fight

Class Tree:

Level 100 Champion Tree

How it works:

Defence
There are different layers in this build when it comes to defence.

Blood Magic is used in order to be able to sustain a high number of auras (Mortal Conviction) - up to 8 auras and 1 curse. This is vital to the build.

78% block and spell block is the main damage mitigator, and it's achieved through passive nodes, Tempest Shield, Aegis Aurora, The Anvil and 6 Reckless Defence jewels (however, you can use 5 if you can get your hands on a corrupted The Anvil necklace that has a +4% block implicit - in which case you can use an Energy Within jewel to convert the entire Melding wheel and get even more Energy Shield).

A really high threshold of reduced physical damage taken is achieved thanks to 51k+ base armour (without flasks, 107k armour with flasks), Chaos Golem and Arctic Armour.
Grace, Determination and armour/evasion nodes allow you to reach optimal armour numbers. The node "First to Strike, Last to Fall" from the Champion ascendancy - with its 200% increase to armour/evasion - also gives us a huge boost in armour.

With the flasks, you can get up to 107k armour (or more). The curse Enfeeble is used for multiple reasons:
- less damage taken
- mobs have less crit chance
- mobs' crit damage is lower

The last point, combined with the Indomitable node on the tree, makes it so mobs' crit strikes do a lot less damage than normal crits. This is important because the Reckless Defence jewels used raise mobs' crit chance by a lot.
Overall, this curse is superior compared to other curses such as temporal chains.

Fortify is permanently given thanks to the Fortitude node (Champion ascendancy) - which is another damage mitigation bonus.

Purity of lightning and Purity of Fire are two great auras for elemental damage mitigation - and needed for Atziri runs.
There's 51% increase aura effectiveness on the tree, which means that even a level 20 Purity aura will give +6% to max resist instead of +4%, and in conjunction with Barbarism and Unnatural Calm, this brings the Fire and Lightning resistances to 82%/82% (without flasks).
The Cold resistance is at 80% thanks to Aegis Aurora - although you can also sacrifice Anger to run Purity of Ice, which would bring the Cold resistance to 86%.

Swapping to the phoenix shield (and using flasks) you can get fire resistance up to 102% which means you are immune to all fire damage for that duration. Below are some screenshots of the defence tab.

Aegis Aurora is mainly used for the shield replenish mechanic on block that it has. As you can see from the videos, the high armour allows this mechanic to restore high amounts of shield every block - and this allows for non-stop tanking even the hardest-hitting bosses.
Considering that blocking is vital for this mechanic to work (and ultimately, for the build to work), having a multitude of mobs hitting you is preferrable to having a few hard-hitting mobs (more hits -> more block -> more shield replenishment), although, thanks to all the defences, this build can easily tank single bosses too.

Immunity to stuns is achieved through Unwavering Stance.

Full Fire resistance setup (with flasks):

Normal Setup (with flasks):

Normal Setup (without flasks):

Offense
Incinerate is chosen because of its low mana and the nice damage scaling without any investment.
To be able to cast Incinerate, Vaal Pact is used in combination with Life Leech gem, so that it's possible to keep casting without interruptions (it synergizes well with Incinerate because the skill has a very low mana cost per cast, which allows us to cast it with a small amout of life remaining).
In addition, the build can easily sit still without moving, which makes it ideal for Incinerate high damage-scaling stages. To boost the damage, Doryiani's Catalyst - with its very high increased elemental damage % - is the optimal choice.

Bandits:
Skill Point - Skill Point - Skill Point

Auras:
Discipline
Grace
Determination
Purity Of Fire
Purity Of Lightning
Purity Of Ice/Anger (Choose one, cold res vs. more DPS)
Arctic Armour

Curses:
Enfeeble

Buffs:
Chaos Golem
Fortify (Champion passive)
Tempest Shield
Inspirational (Champion passive)

Gear and Links:
Swap between Pierce and LMP for Bosses/clearing.

Required Gear:
The Anvil, Aegis Aurora, Shavronne's Wrapping. For the rest of the gear we focus on maximizing ES and resistances.

My Current Gear:

Jewels:
Currently I'm using the following jewels.

Flasks:
It is important to note that you will be using several different flasks depending on the maps that you are running and the bosses that you are fighting. These are all the flask that I use/swap when needed. The mods on the flasks are flexible, per your preference, you can craft whatever you like to suit your needs. I didn't feel the need to optimize the mods on my flasks as I can face-tank all content without a care.

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have questions.

If you would like to catch me live on my stream then feel free to give me a follow @ UnchainedLive

Credits:
Ugotkickedman (for helping me min/max the build)
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Dernière édition par unchainedlive, le 7 août 2016 12:55:31
Dernier bump le 15 oct. 2017 02:26:35
Kreygasm
Awesome build. The Indomitable node does not work the way you think it does though. It only reduces the extra damage from a mob. So if a mob has 150 multiplier then it only calculates against the 50.
"
CA_Jukes a écrit :
Awesome build. The Indomitable node does not work the way you think it does though. It only reduces the extra damage from a mob. So if a mob has 150 multiplier then it only calculates against the 50.

Thanks! Fixed.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Dernière édition par unchainedlive, le 3 août 2016 17:08:23
What about status ailments that you get because of all the reckless defence jewels?
Also any thoughts about switching to some other skill that provides more dps, or is this the plateu for this tank build?

Looking awesome, full tank god mode, like it. :D Post more afk vids. :D
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
GoranH a écrit :
What about status ailments that you get because of all the reckless defence jewels?
Also any thoughts about switching to some other skill that provides more dps, or is this the plateu for this tank build?

Looking awesome, full tank god mode, like it. :D Post more afk vids. :D

We are immune to all status ailments via the Champion node "First to Strike, Last to Fall." That is, if the node works the way I think it does. Perhaps it requires you to be not on low-life and as soon as you reach low-life then it removes all status ailments. This has not been tested as I haven't had any issues with status ailments and I've done all the tier 14-15 maps including all uber bosses. Regardless, we also reduce the crit chance of all enemies via our Enfeeble curse by a lot.

You can try using other skills to fit your play-style, however, during my testing I found that Incinerate worked better for me (more damage and it's ranged).
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Dernière édition par unchainedlive, le 4 août 2016 00:06:42
Looks sexy, might try it out!
"
Nemoch a écrit :
Looks sexy, might try it out!

Great! Let me know if you have any questions. There is some room for flexibility in the build.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Pretty cool GZ
Hi! Currently level 64 farming Dried Lake. Incinerate is in a 5L in Shav's and does about 4100 damage, which got me wondering, what does the DPS look like on this build? I get that the point is ultimately defense, but just curious (I still have to level my skill gems another 4 levels AND get Doryani's).

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires