[3.0][VIDEO][Slayer] SWEEP or DIE [cheap, beginner friendly, huge AOE, deathless Atziri >300k dps]

Hey guys!

I don't see many builds revolving around Sweep (everyone seems to use Cyclone these days), so I decided to share something I use for quite a while now.

This build is inspired by Cabesi's build for static strike. Since both are AOE, Sweep also benefits from similar passives, as well as Doomsower sword, which is the base for this build.

Build can be really cheap. Doomsowers go for as low as 1 alchemy (I actually got my first one as a gift, when I popped a buying ad), and much of the rares can be obtained while leveling and through crafting. Sure later on you can invest in some nice rings or jewels, but there isn't any particular expensive item for this build to work.
The tooltip dps of the skill isn't as extreme as some other builds, but it's really about how Sweep performs and the huge 360 AOE you can get as a melee.

Short overview:
lvl 93

DPS(my current gear section):
89505 w/Knockback gem (Lightning golem, Hatred, HOA, Blood Rage + 3 Frenzy charges)
115139 w/Added Fire Damage gem (Lightning golem, Hatred, HOA, Blood Rage + 3 Frenzy charges)
277303 w/Added Fire Damage gem (Conc. Effect, Lightning golem, Hatred, HOA, Blood Rage + 3 Frenzy charges + Lion's Roar + Atziri's Promise) - over 306k with Vaal Haste

Armor: 2845 (3 endurance charges - phys. dmg. reduction 36%, up to 71% with granite flask)
Evasion: 4606 (chance to evade attacks 28%)
Life: 5652

Pros & cons:
Spoiler
Pros:
-affordable build(can be less than 1 exalt)
-fast mob clearing
-huge AOE
-viable for all map types
-Atziri swept
-guardians done, Shaper viable
-won't make your GFX melt and/or cause epilepsy

cons:
-not an afk build (IMO a pro)

UPDATES [3.0.]
Spoiler

09.08.17. [3.0.]
Updated several stats, and added skill tree leveling points.
Doomsower sword received a buff in 3.0, so with a well rolled one, offense should be somewhat higher.

26.11.16. [2.4.-2.5.]
Latest skill tree changes - dropped Fending, Vigour and Stamina, for Indomitable and Tireless notables, also some extra armor and life. Now we have less chance to knock back (still plenty with Knockback gem), 2 less endurance charges, but 20% less extra dmg taken from crits and around 600 more life.
Indomitable IMO helps in bossfights, where it's hard to keep endurance charges up. Also 5 charges is not that necessary while clearing mobs, especially with Knockback gem.

This is the latest tree at lvl 93, and pretty much final:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHnBLMFLQd1CZYLYQxwDc0OPBDwFCAUTRRxFewYkRpVGuQbqhzOIVUnICefK1As-y5TMZ41kjboOQ46UjrhO7Y8BTwtQKBDMUd-UEdTu1WpXhNhIWMXZU1nm2jyagFqpXKpdO12K3aseu982YCKgTqCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhaeGtIdqiI-I7YoiivCQbJd5l7SbLZ_fogClNaZXqSeplK4-r2yvp7KAtz65HbyfvTa-p7_VwGbApsEHxILEuMT2xq7KkM9-02_V-Nd-2L3ZfNrB3D3h7-RR6UbqGO567w7vfPAf8kXyWvVh9zL3Tfjr-hj8S_0w_gr-VP6P?accountName=Chayman&characterName=Chaythorn

04.09.16. [2.4.]
- updated stats for 2.4. - thanks to Sweep buff in Atlas of Worlds, offense is somewhat higher

22.06.16. [2.3.]
Uber Ascendancy - notables for Slayer class received a bit of a change. Final Ascendancy is Headsman, Bane of Legends, Brutal Fervor and Endless Hunger.
We got even bigger AOE and damage, Onslaught for 20 sec when killing a unique or rare, culling on 20% enemy life, life leech effects even with full life, enhanced leech and immunity to stun or bleeding during leech. So I'd say we got it pretty good.

- experimenting with Pyre ring for mob clearing. Herald of Ash enables the use of this ring, and so far it performs really well. I got some 200 less life, and do a bit less dmg, but overall the clearing feels faster and the bloody explosions are always fun.

13.03.16. [2.2.]
Ascendancy - naturally I chose the Slayer class. Went for Bane of Legends, a great boost for boss fights. Headsman awesome by itself and complements the BoL well. Also Onslaught. Lastly, went with Brutal Fervor. Though having doubts whether to go with Overwhelm, cause of Leap Slam.

With Slayer class, we get a ton of DPS and great boost for boss fights.

Video section updated, more to come.

20.12. [2.1.]
- updated skill tree(check "latest tree") - scrapped 1 frenzy charge notable(near Cloth and Chain), and also Revelry notable. Since the last patch mana buff, Revelry is obsolete. With 4 passives gained I opted for Blade Master notable, which grants quite a few k more dps than the old tree. Besides getting more DPS, additional benefit is better performance against single targets since we get more DPS with less frenzy charges.

- updated skill tree - by going for the Blade of Cunning notable, instead of Razor's Edge, we gain significant amount of dps increase and better life leech; instead of going for the Unyielding, I went for Fending notable
- more quality on Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Melee Phys. and Added Fire Dmg.(still room for more dps, not all on q20)
- max dps now over 163k (can go up even more cause a lot of my gems aren't on max quality)
Spoiler

- The Knockback gem - recently I swapped my Added Fire Damage gem for Knockback gem. Sweep already has a rather high max knockback chance of 39% at lvl 19, so I decided to further enhance it.
With Fending notable addition of 18% and Knockback gem's 43% chance to knock enemies back on hit on lvl 19, we have 100% knockback chance on every hit. Fending notable and Knockback gem also grant us 100% knockback distance modifier. The result is a pretty amazing defensive effect for most scenarios.
Spoiler

You can practically facetank bosses like Carnage of Collonade map, as his smash attack is out of range (if you go for full AOE, meaninag increased AOE gem + Carcass Jack).
Did Poorjoy's Asylum, and Knockback gem + Fending just excelled there.
Go with Added Fire DMG. instead of Knockback in crammed spaces (like Mines map), or when bosses can't be pushed back (like Orchard map boss).

*Videos*
(post 2.4 update):
[2.4] Duelist Slayer Maze of the Minotaur
[2.4] Duelist Slayer Apex of Sacrifice Deathless Atziri

(post 2.3 update):
[2.3] Duelist Slayer Gorge map tier 9

(post 2.2 update):
[2.2] Duelist Slayer Poorjoy's Asylum map lvl 73
[2.2] Duelist Slayer Orchard map lvl 75

*** Fusing my 6 link broom ***

Skill tree:
Spoiler

Latest tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHnBLMFLQd1CZYLYQxwDc0OPBDwFCAUTRRxFewYkRpVGuQbqhzOIVUnICefK1As-y5TMZ41kjboOQ46UjrhO7Y8BTwtQKBDMUd-UEdTu1WpXhNhIWMXZU1nm2jyagFqpXKpdO12K3aseu982YCKgTqCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhaeGtIdqiI-I7YoiivCQbJd5l7SbLZ_fogClNaZXqSeplK4-r2yvp7KAtz65HbyfvTa-p7_VwGbApsEHxILEuMT2xq7KkM9-02_V-Nd-2L3ZfNrB3D3h7-RR6UbqGO567w7vfPAf8kXyWvVh9zL3Tfjr-hj8S_0w_gr-VP6P?accountName=Chayman&characterName=Chaythorn

Tree updated post Uber Laboratory. Slayer class - Headsman, Bane of Legends, Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervor notables.

Older versions

Tree updated. Instead of going for the Unyielding, I went for the Fending notable and currently at lvl 91. Going for Fending is my own pref. If you don't like knockback mechanics much, after lvl 88 go wherever you'd like; more dps, armor or life, your choice.

If you can't afford or find decent Jeweles, you can scrap jewel sockets altogether, save 3 passives and go for dps or life/armor nodes.

Bandits:
Kill all (alternatively help Kraityn)

Leveling:
You should pick up nodes around duelist area first. If you'll be using Knockback gem(which I highly recommend), pick up Fending notable. Then go via Bloodless notable towards marauder area for armour and life, pick up Resolute Technique and go down to Warriors Blood. Then go up toward templar area and Amplify and at the end pick up more life towards Constitution and Path of the Warrior notables.

25 points
50 points
80 points
116 points

Defence:
Spoiler

Base defence
Spoiler

5 endurance charges + Molten Shell
Spoiler

5 endurance charges + Molten Shell + granite flask
Spoiler

Offence:
Spoiler

Auras + LG + Blood Rage, 3 frenzy charges + Lion's Roar + Atziri's Promise - with Conc. Effect
Spoiler

My current gear:
Spoiler
It's what I use for mapping nowdays. Despite the not so uber armor stats, running this gear is relatively safe. The huge AOE takes care of mobs swiftly and effectively, with most never having a chance to swing at you. Knockback and Fending passive on the tree add an additional great layer of defense. Most vulnerability comes before Fortify and Endurance charges are up, but in those situations granite is used. Gameplay is fun but fastpaced. Avoid being suprised by melee heavy hitters, like those rock throwing cannibals, meat throwing birds, skeleton archers etc. and you'll be fine.

If you want a safer build there are other options for chest and helm (like Lightning Coil, Belly of the Beast, Devoto's Devotion etc.), but I find my Aby + Jack the most fun.

Basic gear:
Spoiler
Spoiler

This was my main gear for a long time. It's a bit more versatile than my current gear since it has more armor and no Abysuss drawback, so can withstand even heavy phys. hitting mobs and bosses with no problems. Although it's perfectly viable, it has around 24% less dps, and quite a lot less AOE because 5 links on Doomsower means no Inc. AOE gem, and 20% less AOE from Carcass Jack. Also no mana leech on gear, so use Warlords Mark heavily or switch to Blood Magic for Sweeping curse immunity maps.

Flasks:
Spoiler
So 2 life flasks, of Heat is recommended for hitting unindentified strongboxes (we don't need staunching one after the Brutal Ferwor ascendancy point). I use Lion's Roar and Taste as they both have great offensive and defensive properties, and Atziri's promise for extra offense and leech boost.

Gems setup:
Spoiler
Sweep + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Increased Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage* + optional Increased Area of Effect

5 links is perfectly viable but if you have 6, slap on Inc. AOE for some seriously mean coverage. You can then switch it with Conc. Effect for some hard nut bosses. If you have no mana leech on gear in maps with curse immunity, swap AFD with Blood magic. For ele. reflect maps swap AFD with Life Gain on Hit. For melee reflect maps keep LGOH and swap Increased Melee Dmg. with Blood Magic and turn on Arctic Armor (we need BM, since 100% mana pool is now reserved), also pop granites often.
*Recently started using Knockback gem on most maps instead of Added Fire DMG. See UPDATES section.

Blood Rage + Blood Magic + Summon Flame Golem + Warlords Mark

BR gives 3 frenzy charges, Flame Golem for additional dmg, and WM is essential utility curse for endurance charges, life and importantly mana leach (if no leech on gear), and also benefits a chance to stun.

Hatred, Herald of Ash, Rallying Cry, Enfeeble, Arctic Armor, Frostwall, Vaal Haste

Hatred and HoA are our base auras for dps. Arctic armour is used on dangerous bosses and difficult map traits like melee reflect etc. Rallying cry and Frost Wall are really preference only. I like FW for certain boss scenarios. Vaal Haste for faster movement and attack speed.

Leap slam + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Fortify + Blood Magic

LS is our main utility attack. It provides endurance charges when leaping into mobs, as well as stunning and Fortify buff for 5 secs, which is usually more than enough time to deal with the mobs.

Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Molten Shell (Enfeeble)+ Increased Duration

IC triggers when we take damage, and endurance charges which are up when dealing with the mobs, make it last longer. Duration of IC is futher enhanced by ID. Molten Shell for aditional armor. I recommend Enfeeble instead of Molten Shell for Uber Lab, higher level mapping etc.

Strategy:
Spoiler
In short, manually curse mobs with Warlords Mark, Leap Slam into them, and start Sweeping.

WM gives mana leech which is important if you don't have any mana leech on your gear. It helps sustain Sweep and also leaches life. It provides Leap Slam with more chance to stun the mob aswell.
Leap slam gives us starting endurance charges. If we don't get all 5 with leap, WM grants more when we start Sweeping. Leap also gives instant Fortify buff, knocks back some and stuns the mob.
The key is to start Sweeping immediately after we LS into the mob, since we are using momentum while the mob is stunned. Sweeping also further stuns and knocks back mobs.
For ele. and phys. reflect maps, you need to switch a few gems on the sword. Check the gems section.

Granite flask should be used heavily especialy when leaping into heavy hitting mobs and before our Fortify and endurance charges are up.

If you can afford Lion's Roar, get it. It is awesome. Period. Complements perfectly with Sweep. Not only provides significant damage boost, it also knockbacks ALL mobs to the radius of our Sweep, including unique bosses. It basically neutralises some of the melee bossfights. Pop the Roar and Sweep the boss before he can even touch you.

Feel free to post all questions or remarks about the build.

That's it for the guide,

happy sweeping! o/

Dernière édition par Chayman, le 19 sept. 2017 16:10:46
Dernier bump le 8 nov. 2017 04:59:57
Is it just me or did you remove the entire section of hardcore trees?

Thanks for the guide!
"
Morilindel a écrit :
Is it just me or did you remove the entire section of hardcore trees?

What do you mean?

*video section updated
You can save a point pathing by the bottom edge/highway instead of going by the Proficiency/Hard Knocks nodes.
"
blurryd1 a écrit :
You can save a point pathing by the bottom edge/highway instead of going by the Proficiency/Hard Knocks nodes.

TNX, but recently I modified the skill tree a bit, so that isn't possible anymore.

OP updated.
Dernière édition par Chayman, le 13 oct. 2015 18:49:16
Hi Chayman,

What jewels do you recommend using for this build?
"
Jester522 a écrit :
Hi Chayman,

What jewels do you recommend using for this build?

Hi,

we have only 2 jewel slots utilized on skill tree, and they aren't mandatory for the build. Since i got over 5k life, decent armor and solid gear overall, I opted for more dps.

You can see jewels I use in "My current gear" section. They add around 5k increased dps, pre auras.
Alternatively you could go for more armor, life, resists if your gear is lacking. Mana leech would be beneficial too, if none is on gear.

edit:
Updated video section. Some post Fending update knocback action and stuff
Dernière édition par Chayman, le 15 oct. 2015 16:43:50
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecEswTkBS0HdQmWC2EOPBLhFCAUTRRxFewYkRpVIVUnICz7LlMxnjboOQ453TpSOuE8BTwtQKBDMUPnR35QR1O7WhpeE18_YSFlTWebaPJyqXTtddB2rHrvfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvh2qI7YoiivCQbJHOl3mbLZ_fogCi6qZXqSeplK4-r2y3Prkdu-28n702vqe_1cBmwKbDM8SCxLjE9sauypDPftNv1fjYvdl82sHcPeHv5FHpRuoY7nrvDu988B_yRfcy-Ov6GPxL_gr_sBuqwQfXfmMXEPDyWoE6?accountName=Chayman&characterName=Chaythorn

more %phys and more atackspeed same points wouldent this be better?
IGN: LarsPunkNado (dps ts/punture)
IGN: larshuijskens (max dps auramancer)
I like your style. i just watched your 78 map clip on Youtube and that was pretty badass. What
skill would you use for levelling a duelist in a new league ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
QuestionMarkNL a écrit :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecEswTkBS0HdQmWC2EOPBLhFCAUTRRxFewYkRpVIVUnICz7LlMxnjboOQ453TpSOuE8BTwtQKBDMUPnR35QR1O7WhpeE18_YSFlTWebaPJyqXTtddB2rHrvfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvh2qI7YoiivCQbJHOl3mbLZ_fogCi6qZXqSeplK4-r2y3Prkdu-28n702vqe_1cBmwKbDM8SCxLjE9sauypDPftNv1fjYvdl82sHcPeHv5FHpRuoY7nrvDu988B_yRfcy-Ov6GPxL_gr_sBuqwQfXfmMXEPDyWoE6?accountName=Chayman&characterName=Chaythorn

more %phys and more atackspeed same points wouldent this be better?

Sorry for the late reply guys, been busy IRL.

Since the last patch, tree is updated for what I think is optimal. Check UPDATES section.
edit: max (possible)DPS is now over 163k too. Will update when I have the time.

"
I like your style. i just watched your 78 map clip on Youtube and that was pretty badass. What
skill would you use for levelling a duelist in a new league ?

Tnx! :)

You can go with Sweep from lvl 12, there is no transition needed at certain level or whatever. So practically use it from the start, and gear up as you go.
Dernière édition par Chayman, le 20 déc. 2015 12:22:49

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires