[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
Eclaer a écrit :
Shield charge has received a very big damage buff. I progressed further in the atlas and my shield charge has become far more powerful, I considered dropping advancing fortress & giving shield charge its own 4L on my helmet or even investing a lot of my savings into a great 5L gloves for it. I dropped SST completely, its nice being able to hit targets from a far & everything but I use shield charge & shield crush to kill tougher rares etc. It has far more damage than shield charge because of the shotgun, and its just easier to hold an attack to burst things down than press in a small area countless times when you conditioned yourself to click towards long distances with shield charge.

curious what your passive tree looks like if your build is like this guy and you aren't using impale? mind sharing?

definitely looking to switch over to lifetap on my shield crush since mana management is actually so unreasonable right now even with the full 0.8% leech.
PoB now supports Shield Crush!
"
AdioGG a écrit :
"
Eclaer a écrit :
Shield charge has received a very big damage buff. I progressed further in the atlas and my shield charge has become far more powerful, I considered dropping advancing fortress & giving shield charge its own 4L on my helmet or even investing a lot of my savings into a great 5L gloves for it. I dropped SST completely, its nice being able to hit targets from a far & everything but I use shield charge & shield crush to kill tougher rares etc. It has far more damage than shield charge because of the shotgun, and its just easier to hold an attack to burst things down than press in a small area countless times when you conditioned yourself to click towards long distances with shield charge.

curious what your passive tree looks like if your build is like this guy and you aren't using impale? mind sharing?

definitely looking to switch over to lifetap on my shield crush since mana management is actually so unreasonable right now even with the full 0.8% leech.

I'm not having mana problems with 5-link. I have pretty meh gear too. Not sure how you're running out of mana unless spamming your shield crush when there's no mobs anywhere near. Your profile seems to be private so can not see your gear/tree either to see if there's a problem there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
@OMFGaTaco

Currently doing Yellowish T6-T9 maps. My only problem right now is not sure where to go with the skill tree :P How was the petrified blood that you tested out? Also do you think Haemophilias serve any other purpose than exploding corpses?
"

@OMFGaTaco

Currently doing Yellowish T6-T9 maps. My only problem right now is not sure where to go with the skill tree :P How was the petrified blood that you tested out? Also do you think Haemophilias serve any other purpose than exploding corpses?

There was an issue with the old PoB in simulating Shield Crush that caused an adverse effect to show off Ancestral Totems as way higher damage than intended.

The LL version has about the same damage but has some neat qol upsides like permanent onslaught, but for the time being I won't be posting that version because they are so similar.

I only have Haemophilia on for the sake of map clearing. I'll be testing Great Old Ones Tentacles (got high roll drop on my own) to see differences when it comes to clearing as well.

IMO it still looks like the Sinistral Gloves will be best for the glove slot.
Hey your build looks very good i will test it in Standard.

A Question about the Shield . I have allways play my max Block Gladi with the Surrender , is this shield ok for this build ?

I will wait a few Days and then Start it in Standard

Thanks for the build and Good Luck
@OMFGaTaco

Now that we know the enchantments for Shield Crush, did you change your opinion on what we should run on our helmet?

The "Shield Crush central wave has 24% more Area of Effect" sounds interesting, as it makes it easier to shotgun enemies with the attack.

The other two are the usual 40% increased Damage and 15% increased Attack Speed.

Additionaly, would it be worth to replace one of the gems with Empower, as the scaling goes to 5 to 7 at lvl23.
My POB is an edited version of this one https://pastebin.com/rFzqv1pC. I go a bunch of different routes on the smaller allocated nodes for preference and don't take BM route at all.

I don't have any sources of mana leech anywhere & run a 6 link now so I still need life tap on shield charge/crush

I also have auras reserving most of my mana. I'll look into putting my shield charge on a 4 link the next time I upgrade my weapon & gear, and perhaps link it with increased AoE or pulverize since I do all my clearing with it.

[Edit] I only used the mana flask for anti bleed and have long dropped it for 40% damage flask to kill bosses quicker.
Dernière édition par Eclaer, le 26 juil. 2021 17:07:24
"
11elf11 a écrit :
Hey your build looks very good i will test it in Standard.

A Question about the Shield . I have allways play my max Block Gladi with the Surrender , is this shield ok for this build ?

I will wait a few Days and then Start it in Standard

Thanks for the build and Good Luck

We want as high armor as possible on our shield (because that's where Shield Crush damage comes from) so we want to make our own, unfortunately. The armor value that Shield Crush uses is the flat armor on the shield, so something such as the Surrender's +1000 armor on block does not affect our damage.

"
Agent_HX a écrit :
@OMFGaTaco

Now that we know the enchantments for Shield Crush, did you change your opinion on what we should run on our helmet?

The "Shield Crush central wave has 24% more Area of Effect" sounds interesting, as it makes it easier to shotgun enemies with the attack.

The other two are the usual 40% increased Damage and 15% increased Attack Speed.

Additionaly, would it be worth to replace one of the gems with Empower, as the scaling goes to 5 to 7 at lvl23.

Per PoB, our best damage amplifier is still the ancestral protector bonus because of the attack speed modifier. More attack speed = more hits = more impale procs.

It's going to be a bit until I can answer the Empower question for myself, but PoB says that Empower is not worth it. The option I am currently looking into is discovering an option to get us to 100% impale chance without Impale Support, which would free up a gem slot (probably for Lifetap or Maybe Empower? Not sure yet).
"
AdioGG a écrit :
I realize you were speaking to OP but I wanted to clarify that I wasn't talking about the damage chart in PoB, I'm aware that Shield Crush isn't available in the damage calculations there yet.

When I was talking about my damage, I meant my experience in the game was that my damage and ability to clear zones nearly doubled when I swapped out Shield Crush for Shield Charge, given the exact same support gem setup on a 5L.

I haven't yet optimized my gear for attack speed scaling, nor leveled my gems to max, but I imagine that wouldn't change too much about the effectiveness gap between the two skills.

With the recent buffs to Shield Charge and its damage ramp on distance, it just seems like the better main skill for any shield-based builds. Damage is higher, speed of the ability is faster and it has movement utility, and the AOE spread is about the same size. I can't see yet why anyone would prefer Shield Crush.

Obviously I'll hold out til the PoB updates, but from what I'm seeing I won't be surprised if Shield Crush is somewhat underwhelming. Happy to hear thoughts from OP though.

Sorry, I fail at reading comprehension. I will try Shield Charge when I get to mapping & see the difference. It is an interesting thing to try out for sure.
On the discussion about Shield Crush / Charge AOE

Shield Crush is currently at lvl 17 with no quality improvement yet ( No AOE increase ). Both gems are linked with Pulverize and in Sand Stance

Shield Crush is a bit wider and longer.

Shield Charge is great with lifetap + fortify for mobility, reposition and mana leech but thats about it. I still prefer shield crush shotgun.
Dernière édition par bobohead1988, le 26 juil. 2021 19:08:25

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires