[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
AngryBurito a écrit :
Hi this looks perfect for my leaguestart in 3.15.
How is it at killing bosses? dont see any bosskilling videos.

That’s a tricky question with all the 3.15 nerfs. I’d say miners and trappers are going to be the best boss builds.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Specifically using this build, with a NOT min/maxed toon, I facetank map bosses. I’ve killed the maven, shaper, and UE with one or more deaths. I facetanked the twisted and the formed without deaths. All that said, it’s melee and not a “fast” boss-killer and I recommend it more as a great tanky mapping and leaguestarting build.

I purposefully do not fully max out my build guides as I want them to be somewhat budget friendly and have room for growth if a player desires. Therefore, if you love the playstyle I bet you can turn it into a very decent bosser. Someone min/maxed my other build and beat everything in the game deathless except one avoidable death to the feared where he didn’t pay attention to a shaper slam.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 23 juil. 2021 12:12:48
"
MuTayShuN a écrit :
I am super excited to SSF league start this build, thanks for the great work!

"
Nizreb915 a écrit :
I want to try and keep the marked for death cluster, it really gives a good Damage boost plus the culling Strike, and considering whirling blades again, here is an alternative utility set up I was thinking of:

4s) whirling blades - faster Attacks - blind, Phase Run

(3s) Ancestral Protector, defiance banner, Smoke Mine

"
Jack0o a écrit :
Just started my PoE adventure. Had some fun in Ultimatum league with Molten Strike Jugg. For last 2 days I've been searching for some fun builds for next league and it seems I found it finally :D I love tankiness and would like to try something more caster'ish. Thank you for your guide :)

@MuTayShuN - Enjoy! I think i’m going to leaguestart with this SSFHC because I apparently like a challenge/pain and misery.

@Nizreb915 - Marked for death is a great choice. I made the change away from it based on trying to obtain 100% freeze immunity and as much ele ailment avoidance as possible without sacrificing dps. Whirling blades is awesome, except if doesn’t jump ledges or levels and it requires slotting something else out. As a personal choice for you, I think it’s great.

@Jack0o - Welcome! This build should do pretty well for a beginner. Join the discord channel if you have build or crafting specific questions.
~Donkster5
Why do you not use enduring cry anymore?

Call to arms + enduring cry on left Mouse with the hc-pob is 1 Point for massive QoL and defence
"
Sadauka a écrit :
Why do you not use enduring cry anymore?

Call to arms + enduring cry on left Mouse with the hc-pob is 1 Point for massive QoL and defence

that’s a really good point. I think i’ll add that back in specifically for HC.

The reason I removed it is I had found myself not using it as the build was tanky enough and the claws regenerated life automatically. Plus, the claws steal endurance charges so you end up with them often while mapping, regardless.

Edit: Added it back in for HC and removed Heart of Oak passives in favor of straight life nodes. New PoB: https://pastebin.com/UsZ1x4qa
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 23 juil. 2021 09:31:27
So lvling this as my starter... and at 50.

Unless I'm doing something wrong or just the wrong set up... its not very tanky so far.
Leveling update for those that haven’t started yet…

I noticed a mana problem with Anger and Herald of Ice up in act 3/4. The flask charge nerf has made getting the claw mana leech claw node (Soul Raker) early more important. As such, I recommend rushing that before getting the dodge nodes or going for rampart. Rush soul raker and replace Lifetap with Trinity with Anger and Herald of ice on, and It starts to melt stuff pretty good without needing mana maintenance.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 24 juil. 2021 11:15:41
"
Dazerk a écrit :

Unless I'm doing something wrong or just the wrong set up... its not very tanky so far.

It's because you are not following the guide.
Where's your fortify in skill link? Did you get 2nd ascendancy point and dropped it? Nope.
Why are you pathing to shield nodes for attack, when in guide pob it says to take fortify effect wheel? Why take endgame nodes, before life nodes? Why skip life/att spd nodes at the start of the tree...BIG part of what makes you tanky (especially on Champion) is FORTIFY. Which is non existant on you, which is how you get damage+mitigation.
Just checked your PoB and you don't have even Phase Acro...
So there's reason why you would be tanky on any character, but you must take those skills/points to be tanky, not just BECAUSE someone says your tanky. The 1st Ascendancy node gives you a bit of mitigation + damage + stun immunity, but you took that asc node and do not use fortify support gem, so basically it has 0 effect.
Dernière édition par ShoveMoneyDeeper, le 24 juil. 2021 11:18:35
"
ShoveMoneyDeeper a écrit :
"
Dazerk a écrit :

Where's your fortify in skill link? Did you get 2nd ascendancy point and dropped it? Nope.
Why are you pathing to shield nodes for attack, when in guide pob it says to take fortify effect wheel? Why take endgame nodes, before life nodes? Why skip life/att spd nodes at the start of the tree...BIG part of what makes you tanky (especially on Champion) is FORTIFY. Which is non existant on you, which is how you get damage+mitigation.
So there's reason why you would be tanky on any character, but you must take those skills/points to be tanky, not just BECAUSE someone says your tanky. The 1st Ascendancy node gives you a bit of mitigation + damage + stun immunity, but you took that asc node and do not use fortify support gem, so basically it has 0 effect.

Because the POB you just posted isn't the one you had prior.... so yes I was following your guide... had nothing of fortify support until you updated it..
"
Dazerk a écrit :
"
ShoveMoneyDeeper a écrit :
"
Dazerk a écrit :

Because the POB you just posted isn't the one you had prior.... so yes I was following your guide... had nothing of fortify support until you updated it..

First, I didn’t write that response, but ShoveMoneyDeeper was correct with much of the info.

Second, I definitely had fortify listed as a part of the leveling section 4L setup in the build guide (not PoB as that’s endgame gem setup). The only thing I changed in the new PoB is I added an intermediate ~lvl 40 tree between the 30 and 55 to show pathing to claw nodes first before rampart and/or acrobatics.

Sorry for the confusion, but hopefully getting fortify should change your experience. You’re almost ready for second lab so that’ll give you permanent fortify.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 a écrit :

Sorry for the confusion, but hopefully getting fortify should change your experience. You’re almost ready for second lab so that’ll give you permanent fortify.

My bad... to many quotes on quotes.
I just got the 2nd ascend... so hopefully, it'll change now. So whats the order for 4L to 5L to 6L ?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires