[3.11 Harvest] "Auto-Cannon" Chief's General / All content EZ / Tanky with DPS / Videos & GIF

Welcome to my Chieftain build guide, this is a build using Consecrated Path supported by General's Cry.

Here are some GIF (animated images) if you're wondering what does it look like:
Spoiler
This is the basic of how it works, they shoot out instantly and totally ignoring any attack speed modifiers.

This is how I delve:

And this is how I clear T16 maps (yeah you can clear some weaker mobs with a 2 linked cyclone as well xD):

Got a video too (only Phoenix tho, forgot to record my first time Sirus this league, unfortunately):https://youtu.be/U3PqwEKGQoo

Ok, enough with the introduction I guess, let's go straight to the build.

Build Concept/Mechanics
Spoiler
1, Why General's Cry + Consecrated Path?
Spoiler
There's currently a big problem with the new gem General's Cry, that is, unless the supported skill can dash towards the enemy instantly, they will have to walk right in front of the enemy before they hit.

Thing is, it doesn't matter if you're using a huge AoE skill like Tectonic Slam or Ice Crash, they ALWAYS walk to the enemy and hit them from point blank. And if your Warcry cooldown is low enough (mine is 1.85 sec), you won't even have time for the mirage warrios to complete their attacks.

You may argue that one doesn't need to build that much cooldown recovery, but this is like not building attack speed on a Reave build, or not building Cast Speed on a Incinerate Build, it just doesn't make sense.

Thus, leaving us the only options: melee attack skills with movement built-in: Flicker Strike, Charged Dash, Leap Slam, Whirling blades and Consecrated Path.

Here I chose Consecrated Path, because it's fast, it has big AoE, and it provides Consecrated Ground which is a decent bonus for this build.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: just noticed this from the 3.11.1 patch preview:
"
Fixed a bug where General's Cry removed all existing Mirage Warriors, even if they had not yet completed their attacks. This included persistent duration-based ground effects, such as Spikes from Earthshatter.

This means when you don't have the maximum number of warriors, using the warcry again won't make the old ones disappear. But if you already have the maximum number of warriors, warcry again would probably replace them all.
So basically for this build, nothing changed.

2, Why Chieftain?
Spoiler
It has the most balanced ascendancy passives in regard of tankiness and damage for this build. Simply the best for Consecrated Path.

3, Why use staff?
Spoiler
First reason is, Disintegrator is cheap but has some serious damage (we only care about the damage and critical strike chance of a weapon, attack speed is totally ignored).
Secondly, the passives for staves are very good for a crit build like this.

4, Damage mechanics?
Spoiler
- We use Chieftain to convert all phys damage to fire, and then we build some fire res reduction/penetration (in my case, I can apply -54% fire res on any enemy constantly).

- We use an enchanted helm with "General's Cry mirage warrios +1" to get effectively 20% more damage.

- We build Warcry cooldown to lower the General's Cry's cooldown to 1.85 sec.

- Let's say you have 100 dps with a normal 6L Consecrated Path,and you have 1 attack speed, that means your average hit is 100.
Assuming you take out a support gem that gives 50% more damage, and replace it with General's Cry. You have 6 mirage warriors, and the damage multiplier is 70%.

The dps calculation for General's Cry is basically:
[(100/1.5)*6*0.7*]/1.85 = 151

Thus, the perks of using General's Cry is:
- 51% more damage
- Constantly hitting the enemy automatically.
- You don't need to risk yourself.

And don't forget, this simple calculation did not have the "exerted attack" bonus, because all attacks from the warriors are considered "exerted attacks".

But what if you have the attack speed of 4?

Using the same example, you'll have an average hit of 25
And the dps of General's cry would be
[(25/1.5)*6*0.7*]/1.85 = 36

And that's a huge DPS loss.

In conclusion, the higher the average hit damage is, the higher the actual DPS is, attack speed is a complete waste for this build.

Note: that being said, slow slams with the new supports and buffs are actually much better in terms of "standing-still DPS". The main advantage of General's Cry is its "automatic" aspect.

5, Defensive mechanics?
Spoiler
Endurance Charges.
- You have at least 6 endurance charges.
- (Ascendancy) You get an Endurance Charge every second after you use a warcry.
- (Cluster jewel with Mob Mentality) You gain an Endurance, Power or Frenzy Charge every time you warcry.
- (Passive Tree)You have 10% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on critical strike (you can only gain it through your cyclone, the warrios won't give you charges.)

Use high level Immortal Call, since we can maintain endurance charges easily.

Can have up to 8K life with decent gears.

Always have Fortify.

10% life recovered when you warcry.

Stun immunity (with the passive Unwavering Stance, not from cyclone, it's nerfed already)

Gears/Items (details explained)
Spoiler
1, Unique Warstaff

Estimated cost: 20 chaos (excluding 6L cost)
The most cost-effective item for this build. You can get a rare staff with very high dps too, but that would be way more expensive.

2, Rare Helm

Estimated cost: 15 chaos (excluding crafting cost)
You need this enchant to boost your damage. Get a Shapered/Eldered one if possible. Just by a random helm with this enchant and craft it yourself (should be quite easy to craft this league).

3, Unique Body armour

Estimated cost: 50 chaos
Very straight forward, life and fire damage.

4, Rare Gloves

Estimated cost: ???
Try to get something with high life/res, and high accuracy rate. Ofc, get a shapered/eldered one if possible.

5, Rings

Estimated Cost: 1ex for the rare one, and 30-40 chaos for the unique one.
The classic combination, don't think I need to explain more about this. However, the rare one should be Unset Ring due to the lack of sockets, and the Assassin's Mark is good to have. Don't forget to get some accuracy rate on your ring if possible.

6, Amulet

Estimated Cost: 20c - 1ex (not sure)
Get as much stats you can, this is a Dex hunger build. Besides life/res, the damage mods you can get are (a shapered/eldered one is preferred):
- Crit multiplier. (a good one)
- Element Penetration.
- Extra phys as fire damage. (a nice one)
- Elemental damage for attacks
- Increased fire damage.
- Accuracy. (you'll probably need some accuracy too)
Important: annoint Deep Thoughts on your amulet, or you won't have enough mana. It's very cheap tho (Clear, Verdant and Violet).

7, Belt

Estimated cost: at least 20 chaos
Get something like this, life/res, and some damage if possible. Also a shapered/eldered one is preferred.

8, Boots

Estimated cost: 50-100 chaos
The only MUST have is the "supported by Fortify". Get high movement speed and high life/res if possible.
The best enchant you can get is "10% elemental res penetration if you didn't kill recently".
The interesting part is, enemies killed by your warriors are NOT considered "killed by you", thus as long as you don't kill anything with your cyclone, you can maintain this buff in any case.

9, Rare Jewels

Estimated cost: 5c to 30c, or even more.
The best mods are "%life" and "fire crit multi", just buy anything with these two mods if you don't have enough currency to spend, should be very cheap.
Tip: you can adjust only the %life or the crit mods by using the Garden craft, so you don't need to buy an "already high roll jewel".

10, Unique Jewel

Estimated cost: at least 50 chaos, up to 4 ex.
I bought this one for 80 chaos, it's good for this build since we use a fair amount of flasks.
You can also get the "crit multi Precision" Watcher's Eye if you want to min-max your damage, but that would be at least 3 ex.

11, Cluster Jewel

Estimated cost: 20c to 1ex.
We only need ONE medium cluster jewel with "exerted attacks" mods.
- The best you can get for general mapping is the combination of "Mob Mentality" and "Lead by Example".
- If you don't have an Awakened Melee Physical Damage, the best for damage is "Mob Mentality" and "Haunting Shout".
- If you do have an Awakened Melee Physical Damage, swap "Haunting Shout" to "Rattling Bellow".

12, Flaks

Cheap flasks, just make sure you have the immunity effects of bleed, chill/freeze and curse.

Overall view of my gears/items
Spoiler

Gems
Spoiler
5(6) link:
Consecrated Path - General's Cry - (Awakened)Melee Physical Damage - (Awakened)Elemental damage with Attacks - Pulverise - [if 6L](Awakened)Elemental Focus

4+1 link (boots with Fortify):
Cyclone - Desecrate - Cast while Channelling - Wave of Conviction
Auto corpse generator (for General's Cry), and auto fire exposure (-25% fire res) dealer.

Auras:
- Clarity (level 3-5 should be enough)
- Precision (adjust the level based on your mana)
- Herald of Purity & Ash (damage buff)
- Blood and Sand (damage buff or AoE buff)

2L Totem:
Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Combustion
(For burst damage)

Others:
- Dash or Leap Slam or whatever you want for movement skill.
- Immortal Call (High level), cast it at least every 8 seconds for the 15% more damage buff (for tankiness too)

Passives
Tips for using General's Cry "automatically"
Spoiler
1, *you know what I'm saying*

2, Put something with enough weight to press your warcry button down, it will cast warcry on cooldown.

3, Set your warcry as left-click on your skill bar, and as long as you're moving around, you'll cast warcry automatically.
(I personally do not like it though, you'll stop crying whenver you stop moving or pick up some items.)

4, Use the NumLock trick.

Path of building code of my current character (July 6th, level 95)
and my Ninja link

Spoiler
I'm using PoB Fork Community.
https://pastebin.com/Zktydfhp

Ninja (this might not be the same build in the future, I'll probably go for another build with this character):

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/diabloyd/YellingFarm

A rough idea of the leveling tree
Spoiler

That's all for now.
Thank you so much for reading it and feel free to leave a comment/feedback!
Peace!
Dernière édition par diabloyd, le 5 juil. 2020 23:20:10
Dernier bump le 13 janv. 2021 11:09:40
"
diabloyd a écrit :
Sorry but I don't know why I can't export my code with Pastebin, I'm using PoB Fork Community.
So I copied the entire code and put it in this online document viewer.

For pastebin it's really easy. You go to https://pastebin.com/, paste the PoB code, click "Create New Paste" at the bottom and the link to pastebin will be the link it takes you to aka the address in your address bar

This site https://docs.qq.com/doc/DUVNrY2REVmRpUlpx isn't working and I can't get a PoB
"
DixuMixu a écrit :
"
diabloyd a écrit :
Sorry but I don't know why I can't export my code with Pastebin, I'm using PoB Fork Community.
So I copied the entire code and put it in this online document viewer.

For pastebin it's really easy. You go to https://pastebin.com/, paste the PoB code, click "Create New Paste" at the bottom and the link to pastebin will be the link it takes you to aka the address in your address bar

This site https://docs.qq.com/doc/DUVNrY2REVmRpUlpx isn't working and I can't get a PoB

Yeah thanks mate, just did it, check the pastebin in the post :)
"
1, Use a script (Macro for AHK or Mouse), I've been using mouse script for years, but I can't say the same for AHK.
Disclaimer: use script at your own risk!

Wait, what. Whats up with that ?
Doesn't sound like something you should say on the offical Forum where you login with your Ingame-Account.
"
Lennycus a écrit :

Wait, what. Whats up with that ?
Doesn't sound like something you should say on the offical Forum where you login with your Ingame-Account.

You're right lol, thanks, just edited it. (you quoting me still leaves an evidence tho)
I've wanted to do a General build ever since I first saw it, and this looks like a cool, relatively cheap build to get running, I'll definitely give it a shot.
It looks interesting.
Can I start the league with this build or is it expensive to work properly?
Is it hardcore viable?
And can you give a level guide for the passive tree?
"
Zig216 a écrit :
It looks interesting.
Can I start the league with this build or is it expensive to work properly?
Is it hardcore viable?
And can you give a level guide for the passive tree?

I don't think it's "starter friendly", but you can definitely build towards it using a normal weapon with mediocre rare items.
What I mean is the basic concepts/mechanics are unchanged if you're using little to no items I've recommended in the post, they're basically for the damage boost.

Hardcore viable? I don't think this specific build would fit in HC. But maybe you can make a variation of this build using Marohi Erqi, and stack your health up to 9K or more. Damage is great too!

As for the passive tree, you basically grab all the warcry cooldown nodes/general damage nodes and life nodes to start with, use any skill with warcry and you're good to go.
So I've been trying to see if I would get annoyed by manually hitting General's Cry.. it's not bad so far. We'll see. Question! For Chieftain, is there an order of the ascendency which you would recommend?

So far it's fun! Thanks for sharing!
"
Pracis a écrit :
So I've been trying to see if I would get annoyed by manually hitting General's Cry.. it's not bad so far. We'll see. Question! For Chieftain, is there an order of the ascendency which you would recommend?

So far it's fun! Thanks for sharing!

No strict order for the ascendancy, but if you're starting fresh this league, I would recommend going Tasalio first and then Ngamahu for the thick fire res and the damage. These will carry you through out early stages of game.

The third should be Valako and the last one is Hinekora

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires