[3.11] Doryani's Disciple | 3 - 4 million Sirus dps | Budget Friendly Doryani's Fist build guide

INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone, this is the current state of my Doryani's fist league-start build and a guide on how to replicate it. The build makes use of most of the new warcries, exterted attack mechanics, Doryani's Fist, and a few uniques to bring it all together. What I currently have isn't very budget friendly, however, getting the build started and pushing into maps is quite cheap, and still very powerful on a budget. A lot of credit for this build goes to my brother, whom I theory-crafted and league-started the build with. Feel free to let me know if there are any mistakes in my POB dps calcs(the new warcries aren't calculated yet so I put my own calculations in), and comment if you enjoy the build or have any suggestions

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ One-shot most rares and packs with ease
+ Upwards of 3-4 million shaper/sirus dps / Big burst damage
+ High berserk Up-time and rage gen
+ No need for lightning res
+ Big shocks on bosses
+ pseudo ailment immune
+ Decent life pool and defenses even with aspect of carnage
+ 90% more damage and rage/stun immunity from ascendancy alone
+ good AOE with minimal tree/gear investment
+ Can start on a fairly low budget
+ Harvest crafts can make gearing around no lightning res much easier
+ Needs minimal life regen and can function without life leech due to enduring cry acting as a better life flask on cooldown
+ Doesn't need a six-link

Cons:

- Mitigating lightning damage requires either a talisman, timeless jewel, or both
- Lighting damage is the highest dps element, but often the most inconsistent
- If you eventually want to scale chaos res for Divine flesh, getting enough dex and int can be difficult
- The reworked war bringer node makes the rite of ruin stun immunity(if you have over 25 rage) a bit less consistent
- Slow attacks can sometimes put you in bad situations
- No amulet anointment if you use a talisman
- Empty main hand (3 less gem sockets)
- No crits (though the wide range of rolls on your lightning damage kinda replicates a crit feel when you roll a high damage hit)
- Can't block with eternal apple

Sirus 7 kill

SKILL TREE

POB link

https://pastebin.com/sZNDhr3X
(there are comments on Doryani's Prototype and The Eternal Apple for my added dps calcs)

Ascendancy Points: War Bringer - Crave the Slaughter - Rite of Ruin - Aspect of Carnage

Bandits: Alira for leveling, respec for points when more comfortable with res and mana sustain

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

All of the new warcry nodes on the tree are very potent, the new rage cluster helps a lot with berserk uptime, and every nearby jewel socket is very necessary. Take as many life nodes as you feel you need, and if you're going budget and don't want to invest too much into cluster jewels, I'd suggest using those points to get some of the Templar life and ele damage notables

JEWELS

and 2 threads of hope(one will replace a fragility, one medium and one very large)

GEAR

GEAR EXPLANATION

Doryani's Fist, Doryani's prototype, 1-2 fragility jewels, and The Eternal Apple are required, everything else is up to you, though i recommend looking for int/dex, life, fire/cold res, and chaos res if you want to eventually invest in a glorious vanity for the divine flesh keystone. The eternal apple cycles through our damage warcries whenever we enduring cry or have have been hit recently, and Doryani's prototype gives us an absurd amount of effective lightning penetration. Use a onslaught flask instead of the jade unless you get the warcy medium cluster notable that gives you onslaught for 4 seconds after you warcy

HOW TO BUILD ON A BUDGET

As I mentioned, I built this as a league start, and all of the required uniques and gear (Doryani's fist, Doryani's Prototype, Eternal Apple, the fragility jewels, a crappy talisman that converts lighting damage taken from hits as another element, and an armor small cluster with enduring composure) can be acquired with around 40-50 chaos, with the small cluster being the most expensive part. From there you''ll be able to take on most content and progress your atlas smoothly, still with the occasional death tho lightning damage, but it's overall bearable until you can get divine flesh or use another method to further mitigate lightning damage. Also, the threads of hope aren't at all necessary until you begin min maxing the build

AMULET/TALISMAN

look for 1-2 dex/int roles, or resistances and life with the "50% of lightning damage from hits taken as fire/cold damage" implicit(avian twins talisman). If you don't go talisman or get really lucky and craft the right implicit through a syndicate bench(it's a tier 2 talisman btw), I reccoment annointing either a life node, stabbing thirst(for life and mana leech), or an elemental/lightning damage notable

LINKS AND GEMS

Main DPS Setup

Pulverize - Elemental damage with attacks - Fortify - and Fist of War

Pulverize is optional, forify isn't the highest dps link but helps with defense, ele damage with attacks is about on par with added lightning damage, fist of war is about equal in dps to ruthless, but better in my opinion for burst damage and clear

CWDT Setup

Chaos Golem - Steelskin - Enfeeble - Cast on Damage Taken

This build doesn't have enough armor to take advantage of molten shell, and while immortal call is an option, it would have less up time compared to steelskin. Enfeeble helps negate aspect of carnage, though temp chains is a fine option. Don't use conductivity, as it doesn't add dps with Doryani's Prototype. Chaos golem for defense, but it's totally optional

Mobility/SUSTAIN Setup

Dash - Enduring Cry - Second Wind

I chose dash for my movement ability, however if you're having trouble getting the dex to level it maybe try a few other options, or keep it at a level that you can support. Enduring cry is honestly better than a instant life flask, and if you get used to using it, it can save you in most situations.

Aura Setup

Clarity(on its own)

Wrath - Blood and Sand - Herald of Purity - Enlighten(2-3)

Wrath is the highest dps boost, clarity is a must for mana sustain, blood and sand gives a good dps or clear boost, and herald of purity spawns allies that allows us to take advantage of rallying cry

LEVELING

I leveled using a 2H seismic, intimidating, and enduring cry slam build, pushing to resolute technique and then to the warcry nodes until i was high enough level for doryani's fist. Level however you see fit, though leveling with slams is very satisfying and quite smooth at the moment. I helped alira for the boost in elemental res and mana regen, and later on refunded it for 2 passives. Remember, you will need lightning res until you can equip Doryani's prototype at level 67

Dernière édition par Beogen, le 30 juin 2020 18:07:19
Dernier bump le 15 oct. 2020 18:46:09
Rerolled my zerker into this today, great build, absolutely smashes everything as long as you get a good roll on the lightning dam.

Other good items that drop lightning res lower are immortal flesh belt and a ventors gamble with negative lightning res, both of these will require very good rares in other slots though to cover the resistances.
Dernière édition par Dele, le 29 juin 2020 17:05:36
First off thanks for sharing this build gave me some motivation to actually play this league. I heard there is a bug currently with apple that will use 2 war cries at once but taking 1 minimum endurance charge like you have on the tree seems to fix it. Haven't levelled far enough to play with it myself to see what would be better. Also with your thread of hope up top your really only saving 1 point but i guess the -20 lightning res is worth it? seems like its only good if your min maxing but not really necessary, same with the other one if the 1 minimum end charge fixes the bug/exploit (if its good)
"
HOLLA a écrit :
First off thanks for sharing this build gave me some motivation to actually play this league. I heard there is a bug currently with apple that will use 2 war cries at once but taking 1 minimum endurance charge like you have on the tree seems to fix it. Haven't levelled far enough to play with it myself to see what would be better. Also with your thread of hope up top your really only saving 1 point but i guess the -20 lightning res is worth it? seems like its only good if your min maxing but not really necessary, same with the other one if the 1 minimum end charge fixes the bug/exploit (if its good)

Haha this is my first build guide, so i'm just glad people are even looking at it. The eternal apple is a bit bugged, but it doesn't really affect overall gameplay, it just makes it difficult to know which warcry or 2 it'll trigger next(if 2 are off cooldown it still triggers 2 at a time). Also yeah the threads of hope are very much for min maxing, same with the cluster jewels aside from enduring composure one
"
Dele a écrit :
Rerolled my zerker into this today, great build, absolutely smashes everything as long as you get a good roll on the lightning dam.

Other good items that drop lightning res lower are immortal flesh belt and a ventors gamble with negative lightning res, both of these will require very good rares in other slots though to cover the resistances.

Thanks for trying the build! If you end up trying to min max, a large lightning cluster with supercharge(non crit lighting damage is lucky) helps a lot with the lighting rolls, and also those -res uniques are definitely great budget options, though you'll eventually end up strapped for good suffixes on your rares. Also I totally forgot about Ventor's gamble lol, I might try fitting one in eventually if I can afford it.
Dernière édition par Beogen, le 29 juin 2020 18:29:24
could this work with General's Cry? Not getting any attackspeed etc just focusing on the mirage warriors and their "exerted" attacks

for example with elementalist+golem buffs
Dernière édition par kinosti, le 30 juin 2020 06:26:52
I love this build. Stumbled on it in poe ninja when looking for things to do with Fist and Apple, and finding only you. I think its very artful and elegant and sounds effective. I might swallow me pride and copy it since I like it so much.

I was wondering about one thing, and that's if you've tried weapon swapping shenanigans with a 2nd eternal apple. I figure that would be a way to essentially get more sockets out of it, so you could play more than 3 warcries or get some supports on the ones you have. Generally this would come with the problem of it also swapping your weapon, but this build doesn't have that issue.
"
kinosti a écrit :
could this work with General's Cry? Not getting any attackspeed etc just focusing on the mirage warriors and their "exerted" attacks

for example with elementalist+golem buffs

Funny you mentioned general's cry, because the original idea for this build was to use generals cry as self cast like enduring, and everything else on eternal apple. The big problem with that is general's cry can't be multi exerted by the other exerting warcries, so it loses out on a lot of damage potential
"
Ambrosia4 a écrit :
I love this build. Stumbled on it in poe ninja when looking for things to do with Fist and Apple, and finding only you. I think its very artful and elegant and sounds effective. I might swallow me pride and copy it since I like it so much.

I was wondering about one thing, and that's if you've tried weapon swapping shenanigans with a 2nd eternal apple. I figure that would be a way to essentially get more sockets out of it, so you could play more than 3 warcries or get some supports on the ones you have. Generally this would come with the problem of it also swapping your weapon, but this build doesn't have that issue.

I'm glad you like the build, by all means try it out and put your own spin on it. I'm currently using my offhand set to level empowers and enlightens, but going 2 eternal apples is an interesting idea, the only warcry we're missing out on is infernal cry, which I tried out while leveling and in early maps. The problem with infernal is that it doesn't add any substantial damage aside from the tiny bit of combustion damage(not even the corpse explosions do damage because it's fire damage and we can only do lighting damage). That being said, if you do run infernal cry instead of rallying for the corpse destruction, then you can drop herald of purity for something like herald of lighting for a bit more damage on that setup
I was wondering how you are gaining enough endurance charges to sustain the eternal apple shield. With enduring cry, you'll only trigger one of the shield warcries every ~2 seconds. You mentioned endurance charge when hit, but I don't see where.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires