[3.10] Slayer Lightning Strike | Inpulsa + Storm's Gift | Insane clear-speed | All end-game content

I think I will play this as the first build of the new league.
Endgame goal will be Savior + another sword. I guess a rare jewelled foil with high lightning damage, crit and AS would be BiS?

Are there any alternatives to Slayer? Was thinking berserker, raider, deadeye or even elementalist.
"
I think I will play this as the first build of the new league.

I'm not sure if going for the league starter would be a good idea. You will need some good weapon to cope with single target, and after 3.9 most of the bosses are much tankier.

"
Endgame goal will be Savior + another sword. I guess a rare jewelled foil with high lightning damage, crit and AS would be BiS?

It's either lightning damage + penetration or pure pdps foil, yes. No matter the choice, high AS is another important priority.

"
Are there any alternatives to Slayer? Was thinking berserker, raider, deadeye or even elementalist.

Raider is very popular option for LS builds, and in some aspects it can be even better than Slayer. The main problem is single target damage, so other ascendancies don't help that much with that.
Thanks for the response. I think I will go with Raider purely for the speed.

What do you think about running a 40% phys to lightning conversion Watcher's eye instead of the gem? Watcher's with that mod and Wrath pen should be pretty cheap.

Other than that I will anoint +1 curse and have 1 ring with Ass mark and Ele weak on hit. The other ring will most likely be a Precursor's emblem with:

- Gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Hit while at maximum Frenzy Charges
- 5% increased Damage per Frenzy Charge

and one of these:

- 6% increased Critical Strike Chance per Frenzy Charge
- Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Crit Strike while at max Frenzy Charges
- (6-8) to (12-13) Cold Damage per Frenzy Charge

Also, for the swords I plan on using 2x Hyaon's Fury which are dirt cheap early on, later switching into a crafted foil + savior. Crit will be kinda bad (40% with dual hyaon's and 55% with foil + savior. Not sure how to improve that without Bottled Faith...
"
What do you think about running a 40% phys to lightning conversion Watcher's eye instead of the gem? Watcher's with that mod and Wrath pen should be pretty cheap.

I wasn't sure about Watcher's Eye availability this league (as Elder farming was changed) so I didn't include it in the guide. But yep, it should give more dmg if you manage to get a good rolled one.

"
Other than that I will anoint +1 curse and have 1 ring with Ass mark and Ele weak on hit. The other ring will most likely be a Precursor's emblem with:

That's another good idea which I will add in the future, as it seems getting double curse ring with awakener's orb wasn't as hard as thought at the league start. Precursor's Emblem with good rolls is super strong option for second ring slot, but you also can safely use Mark of the Elder.
But, do not forget about resists then - maxing them won't be that easy.

"
Also, for the swords I plan on using 2x Hyaon's Fury which are dirt cheap early on, later switching into a crafted foil + savior. Crit will be kinda bad (40% with dual hyaon's and 55% with foil + savior. Not sure how to improve that without Bottled Faith...

Hyaon's Fury is like 3rd unique sword by dps, but if you're playing Raider I believe it should be close to Rebuke of the Vaal, if not even better.
As for the crit, it's pretty hard for me to suggest anything without seeing your PoB. Without Assassin's mark, Power charges and Slayer ascendancy mine shows around 50% with double Paradoxicas as well, but I believe it should be good enough.

This is what I've come up with https://pastebin.com/0fLi72ZF
5.5 mil shaper dps without power charges and innervation buff. The gear is very achievable, i think, other than the Saviour.

Turns out Arcing Blows anointment is still better than Whispers of Doom + second curse on ring (500k more dps in this setup).
Included Vaal Ancestral Warchief for help with single target (~ 1 mil dps each).
What do you think i can improve?
I believe you're good to go, however I wish to point some aspects that could potentially be improved or actually quite hard to achieve:

1) Awakened gems lvl 5 is not super easy to get at the start.
2) I believe Wave of Conviction exposure doesn't stack with Raider Ascendancy "Avatar of the Veil". I don't know which will get higher priority, though.
3) 190+ dps Paradoxica is like 15ex minimum. Of course, you mentioned it's more like an end-game goal, but still pretty expensive to get.
4) I'm not sure what you plan to do with the warlord helmet. But anyway, I believe getting "-lightning res to nearby enemies" with fossil crafting is another good option for higher dps.
5) Tailwind + Elusive boots with life and movement speed is expensive as well.
6) Same for Bottled Faith and Watcher's Eye.
7) I don't think you need -mana cost on rings craft. And if you do, then there is probably no need for mana leech, as Lightning Strike will cost nothing.
8) Passive tree looks alright, however I believe life is a bit too low. Metamorphs are much rarer now, so I guess you can focus on not getting oneshotted too often. I don't think "Shocking Strikes" cluster is really worth it. Instead, it would be good to get "Forces of Nature" and "Revenge of the Hunted" for more dps and life.
You can actually use one of the new "Thread of Hope" jewels (I believe medium range) in Ranger area to get "Aspect of the Lynx", "Weapon Artistry" and "Forces of Nature" without allocating other nodes. It worked really well for some of my other builds.

Other than that, I don't see any major areas for improvement. I may try Raider Lightning Strike myself, but probably as the second build next league. Anyways, good luck!

What do you think about the new nodes? Any good ones?

Edit: not sure if Whirling blades counts as being stationary. If yes, Nature's Patience would probably be BiS. Other big nodes don't seem useful to me.

Here's a list of what I think are some good smaller nodes for this build: https://imgur.com/a/xKmPVgm

Bloodscent + Berserk skill would probably be insane.
Dernière édition par SummerMelody, le 10 mars 2020 06:06:58
Hmm, it's kinda hard to tell until at least a week after the league. But if, let's say you manage to get very good travel nodes that worth investing, these notables could potentially be quite good:

"
Force Multiplier
5% chance to deal Double Damage
25% increased Physical Damage

"
Furious Assault
8% increased Attack and Cast Speed
25% increased Physical Damage

"
Precise Commander
You and nearby Allies have 50% increased Critical Strike Chance
You and nearby Allies have +15% to Critical Strike Multiplier

"
Vengeful Commander
Anger has 30% increased Aura Effect
Wrath has 30% increased Aura Effect
Hatred has 30% increased Aura Effect

"
Pressure Points
Your Critical Strikes have a 5% chance to deal Double Damage
40% increased Critical Strike Chance

Dps increase (Wrath effectiveness seems to be the best)
"
Eye of the Storm
+20% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Ignite from Critical Strikes
20% increased Effect of Chill you inflict with Critical Strikes
20% increased Effect of Shock you inflict with Critical Strikes
40% increased Critical Strike Chance

"
Calamitous
10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
30% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
15% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments

"
Sadist
15% increased Elemental Damage if you've Chilled an Enemy Recently
20% increased Elemental Damage if you've Ignited an Enemy Recently
25% increased Elemental Damage if you've Shocked an Enemy Recently

Good with Rebukes of the Vaal (If the last one stacks it's super strong)
"
Quick Getaway
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
5% increased Movement Speed if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently
25% increased Critical Strike Chance

Damage, crit, movement speed
"
Spiked Concoction
Flasks applied to you have 10% increased Effect
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed during any Flask Effect

Some flasks synergy
"
Bloodscent
Attacks with Axes or Swords grant 1 Rage on Hit, no more than once every second

Seems OP
"
Combat Rhythm
10% increased Attack Speed if you've Hit with your Main Hand Weapon Recently
10% increased Movement Speed if you've Hit with your Off Hand Weapon Recently

"
Hit and Run
Attack Skills deal 20% increased Damage while Dual Wielding
4% chance to Dodge Attack or Spell Hits if you've Hit an Enemy Recently

Dual Wielding
"
Fuel the Fight
8% increased Attack Speed
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
20% increased Damage while Leeching

"
Feed the Fury
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life
30% increased Damage while Leeching
15% increased Attack Speed while Leeching

Leech
"
Corrosive Elements
15% increased Elemental Damage
Cold Skills have a 25% chance to apply Cold Exposure on Hit
Fire Skills have a 25% chance to apply Fire Exposure on Hit
Lightning Skills have a 25% chance to apply Lightning Exposure on Hit

Free exposure, although only -10% which is quite weak
"
Disorienting Display
25% increased Elemental Damage
10% chance to Blind nearby Enemies when you use an Elemental Skill

That seems almost like a free Flesh and Stone (free mana for other aura buff?)
"
Supercharge
Lightning Damage with Non-Critical Strikes is Lucky

Super good?
"
Stormrider
10% chance to gain a Power Charge when you Shock a Chilled Enemy
25% increased Cold Damage with Hits against Shocked Enemies
25% increased Lightning Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies

Very interesting notable. With Rebukes, Cold Conduction, Chilling Presence or any other passive source if chill, this is basically free power charges against bosses. Although 10% chance is quite small, so may not be worth it in the end.
"
Evil Eye
Enemies you Curse take 5% increased Damage
5% chance to Dodge Attack Hits from Cursed Enemies

"
Master of Fear
Enemies you Curse are Intimidated
Enemies you Curse are Unnerved

Curse synergy
"
Wish for Death
You have Culling Strike against Cursed Enemies
Curse Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration

Good for Raider possibly
"
Fettle
+20 to maximum Life
10% increased maximum Life

"
Feast of Flesh
8% increased maximum Life
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life
+10 Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks

"
Surging Vitality
Regenerate 0.5% of Life per second
Every 5 seconds, Regenerate 10% of Life over one second

"
Peace Amidst Chaos
2% additional Physical Damage Reduction while stationary
Regenerate 2% of Life per second while stationary

Survivability

edit:
I looked through your list and it seems there is a lot of similarities.
One thing I'm not sure about is "Thunderstruck". Knockback is kinda bad with melee, and considering Lightning Strike mechanics it seems even worse. All in all, lots of interesting new passives to test.
Dernière édition par Karpoavel, le 10 mars 2020 06:35:13
I feel a lot of discomfort on the cards, because there is no health replenishment, I have not bought a ring with a killer mark yet, maybe this is the problem?
"
I feel a lot of discomfort on the cards, because there is no health replenishment, I have not bought a ring with a killer mark yet, maybe this is the problem?

Sorry, I didn't quite understand what you mean by that. If you have life recovery issues, you should grab some "life leech" notables on your passive tree.
And by "killer mark" ring I suppose you're meaning "assassin's mark" curse ring? It's important for the damage boost, but does almost nothing for survivability.
Dernière édition par Karpoavel, le 19 mars 2020 06:00:41

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires