[3.10] Slayer Lightning Strike | Inpulsa + Storm's Gift | Insane clear-speed | All end-game content

Probably going to do this again this league as a second character. The clear is just too good and fun compared to anything else. Going to need a solid boss killer first though. Single target damage was always really wonky, sometimes bosses just melted, others took forever. Wasn’t always map mods, just random rng stars aligning or not.
"
Probably going to do this again this league as a second character. The clear is just too good and fun compared to anything else. Going to need a solid boss killer first though. Single target damage was always really wonky, sometimes bosses just melted, others took forever. Wasn’t always map mods, just random rng stars aligning or not.

Yeah, I'm planning to play it as a second character as well.
As for the single target, I think sometimes you don't stay close enough to the boss so you're starting to hit it with some projectiles instead of full melee damage.
Personally, I've got no problems with any of the bosses until Guardians and Uber Elder. The fight with them was also fast enough but you have to actually dodge their attacks.
Dernière édition par Karpoavel, le 11 déc. 2019 16:36:27
I am looking at playing this as a starter for 3.9. I am wondering how to hand storm's gift if it is not avaiable other then possible divination cards. Is there alternatives to this?
"
I am looking at playing this as a starter for 3.9. I am wondering how to hand storm's gift if it is not avaiable other then possible divination cards. Is there alternatives to this?

Storm's Gift is not important for early leveling and maps. And I believe it will be more than affordable in about a week or two.
A good alternative is Skitterbots that give similar chain-explosion effect with Inpulsa, however they reserve mana and are not as convenient as Storm's Gift.
As for the league starter, you will definitely have some trouble with early act bosses, especially without good unique weapons. It seems GGG has buffed their life significantly this expansion, which isn't a good news for off-meta builds in the early game (~Act 1-5). If you have Tabula it doesn't matter, though.
Sorry for the late answer, hope you'll enoy the build!
Dernière édition par Karpoavel, le 15 déc. 2019 13:41:15
Updated the guide for 3.9.
The build is still very good at area farming but single target dmg has become much worse than I initially hoped. Tier 14+ bosses now don't die that fast, you have to avoid some of the most dangerous map mods combinations.
Metamorphs are another problem. You cannot oneshot them, yet they can easily do that to you. One of the good strategies when fighting them is to wait for their adds phase and then try to burst with Inpulsa's explosions. But still, the gameplay is not as relaxing and satisfying as it was before.
I will still try to further improve the build and hopefully will come up with a solution to single-target damage. Until then, please do not expect much of it in terms of dealing with new league's content.
Dernière édition par Karpoavel, le 22 déc. 2019 19:29:40
What u Think about the Three Dragon Helmet ??

they give us the ability of freeze mob's with our lightning dmg.

u think worth try it for the T15+ bosses and metamorphs ??
"
What u Think about the Three Dragon Helmet ??

they give us the ability of freeze mob's with our lightning dmg.

u think worth try it for the T15+ bosses and metamorphs ??

Hmm, in theory it could but on practice I believe our initial hit damage won't be enough to freeze metamorphs as they have too much hp. Plus, you lose a good rare helmet slot with Lightning Strike enchant (alhough, you can swap it and use on hardest bosses only).
Thanks for the idea, though! I will definitely try to test it in the near future.
I'm having a blast playing this build so far with the amazing map clears and explosions but I'm having one issue.

I seem to run out of mana very quick and I can't really do much about it while I have both wrath and herald of thunder activated. My ring gives me lvl 22 herald of thunder so it isn't affected by enlighten.
"
I'm having a blast playing this build so far with the amazing map clears and explosions but I'm having one issue.

I seem to run out of mana very quick and I can't really do much about it while I have both wrath and herald of thunder activated. My ring gives me lvl 22 herald of thunder so it isn't affected by enlighten

I'm glad you're enjoying the build so far!

Hmm, it's probably that you have too little mana left unreserved so mana leech isn't quick enough to restore it. I have around 10% mana with my setup and never got any problems with sustain.
You can try to use a ring/amulet craft "non-channeling skills have -9/8 to total mana cost", it should help with your sustain. Alternatively, you can drop Herald of Thunder, it gives you only around 8% more dps and cannot shock itself, so not very useful for Inpulsa setup. I also didn't see your Precision gem, are you sure you have enough hit rating?
Dernière édition par Karpoavel, le 29 déc. 2019 05:00:34
Thanks for the quick reply.

For now I just grabbed a life and mana leech node to deal with it but I'll look into that craft you were talking about. I'm looking to level up my enlighten to lvl 4 so I can handle wrath, herald of ice, and probably precision but I left it out for now since I haven't changed the color sockets on my storm's gift. I was aiming for doing herald of ice, thunder, and wrath all active at once but I don't think that could work.

For now I am trying to 6L my inpulsa which is why if you check my current character I don't have it equipped but I was wondering if you could also help me out with life issues. I currently have 3.7k and is the only work around to this just grabbing jewels with % increased max life along with crit stats? Or is there other things I could look for to craft onto items.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires