[3.8] Deep Delver Block/HoA [2m DPS, Extreme Sustain] NO FLASKING NEEDED

Introduction:
This build is inspired by the popular HoA dodge/evade build going around this league. I found that build to have a few weaknesses and sometimes lacking DPS. I am also a lazy player who hates using flasks. This build aims to overcome those issues. I am currently delving in 400's effortlessly and expect this build can compete with Jugg/Nebuloch (as it was last league) on a much cheaper budget. This build maintains 90% physical damage reduction at all times with no endurance charges needed.

I am not moving or attacking in the below gif. Depth 379 at time of recording.

Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/cxD6BzHd

Mechanics of this build:
Spoiler
This build relies on a few interworking mechanics.
Pierce comes from Projectile Weakness
Virulence comes from Cospri's Will/Curses
Blade Vortex maintains maximum Virulence on single-targets/bosses
Spirit Offering has 100% up-time and is automatic, and clears most corpses protecting us from Detonate Dead
Desecrate is available for use in boss fights to maintain Spirit Offering
Items can be evasion or armor bases thanks to Iron Reflexes in passive tree
Most items are very cheap, helmet can be supplemented cheaply with Cold Iron Point
Curses: Poacher's Mark, Projectile Weakness, Vulnerability
Auras: Aspect of the Spider, Determination, Precision, Vitality, Flesh and Stone
Elemental Equilibrium boosts HoA from helmet mod (get cold/fire attack jewel to proc)

What's our damage from?
We maintain about 2mil DPS with our Agony Crawler. Increases to HoA come from:
+Minion gems on helmet (see Gear)
+Vulnerablity curse
+Projectile Weakness curse
+Minion Frenzy Charges from Poacher's Mark
+Spirit Offering on automatic trigger
+Sustained Virulence from Cyclone/Blade Vortex
+Unique rings (see Gear section)
+Aspect of the Spider
+Elemental Equilibrium boosts Agony lightning damage (get cold or fire on attack jewel)

What are our defenses?
+6.5k-7k HP
+77/78/77 Max Resistances
+35-50 Chaos Resistance depending on gear/mods
+90% physical damage reduction at all times with no endurance charges needed.
+11% reduced damage from ranged enemies thanks to Flesh and Stone
+50% evasion chance thanks to Flesh and Stone
+79% block chance for spells and attacks
+~450 life gained for each block (see Gear section, shield)
+~1064/sec life gain on hit for each target (cyclone, 7 attacks per second, Poacher's, Watcher's Eye (see Gear), Weapon (see Gear), Life Gain on Hit (see Gear-Armor))
+~460/sec base life regeneration
+5% reduced damage from blind targets (passive tree, all nearby enemies are blinded)
+5% reduced elemental damage taken (passive tree)
+50% chance to avoid freeze
+Optional Molten Shell in place of desecrate slot for big survivability

Gear:
Spoiler

Helmet:

Crafted with Essence of Insanity. Took me about 50 tries. You can even get better rolls. Though this is a 4-link items, these mods effectively make it a 6-link item with additional minion gem levels on top of that. If you're not able to afford this right now, you can substitute your DPS by using a Cold Iron Point dagger and only lose a portion of survivability.

Weapon:

Extremely cheap. 1 alch. Advancing Fortress gives everything we want for this build. Block chance, Life gain on hit, and even gives fortify to our movement skill. We also use fortify on cyclone -- again this build is meant to be very simple to use.

Shield:

This shield is core for our survivability. +maximum resistances, life gain on block, and %life gain as well. Originally I paid 4ex for this. You can get a very cheap version if you focus one mode over the other. The shield can even be an evasion base, as Iron Reflexes will convert evasion to armor.

Amulet:

This is one of the cheapest Aul's amulets. This item is required.
The anointment on this item is min-maxing and optional. The additional curse is needed for our Blade Vortex/Vulnerability. You can skip this for a cheaper anointment and swap the curse on hit for additional life gain for even more survivability,

Chest:

Cospri's Will is strictly required for this build. Though this item gives no life, we take a huge amount of life on our passive tree. Cospri's also allows us to stack Virulence on cursed enemies, gives nice chaos resistance, has high evasion that will be converted to armor thanks to Iron Reflexes, and most important gives us an extra maximum curse AND applies our curses to hexproof enemies.

Rings:

These rings are required for the build. They have come down in price and are currently about 100c as of writing this guide. These are the mods you want to have and they make our HoA reserve next to no mana.

Note: Gloves, Boots and Belt are for life and resists. I would recommend choosing one of them for Aspect of the Spider. They can be armor or evasion bases thanks to Iron Reflexes.

Gloves:

I self-crafted these but it is not necessary. I simply needed Aspect of the Spider and a high life roll. You can get Aspect of the Spider on either your gloves, belt or boots for less investment.

Belt:

Life and resists. Armor is nice but not needed.

Boots:

Life and resists. Additional dodge is nice but not needed.

Watcher's Eye:

This Eye is not required but really helps max out our survivability. One or more of these mods will help go a long way.

I will be continuing to run this build in Delve and will be glad to answer any questions you might have.

IGN: My_Blight_Duelist
Dernière édition par Whiteglaive, le 13 oct. 2019 11:21:35
Dernier bump le 20 déc. 2019 21:16:05
Reserved
Dernière édition par Whiteglaive, le 13 oct. 2019 11:18:41
Nevermind read you use Essence of Insanity
Dernière édition par deadmeat9, le 20 oct. 2019 10:50:43
Goot
Hmmmmm yes the floor here is made out of floor
Hello
I want to try this build as i am flask hater my self but have couple of questions in mind

-What the BIS Non mirror gear for this build (i am on standard)

-Also can this build reach depth 900-1200 and face tank like he do on these depth you are in right now ?

Thank a lot of sharing the build :)
Looks like fun. Any high level thoughts on leveling (with twink gear)?

As we spec mostly into defense, and I don't feel like leveling as a completely different tree and respeccing again, maybe just using a quill rain and toxic rain for virulance, with HoAG linked in a tabula?

Not sure if that will give the crawler enough damage...
"
BarSmash a écrit :
Looks like fun. Any high level thoughts on leveling (with twink gear)?

As we spec mostly into defense, and I don't feel like leveling as a completely different tree and respeccing again, maybe just using a quill rain and toxic rain for virulance, with HoAG linked in a tabula?

Not sure if that will give the crawler enough damage...

Okay, made it most of the way through leveling over the last few days, and the quill rain and toxic rain idea was dumb. Switched to a claw and shield in the late 40's with a 4 link cyclone/poison/Life Gain on Hit/Faster attacks and it is so much smoother, as I can actually get decent virulance stacks and is tankier with the added block and LGoH.
One Issue I came across when Leveling with Tabula ( 6 Link Cyclone ). The multiple Curses don't work, Due to not being able to apply more than 1 curse at this point since Im not using the Cospri's or Whispers of Doom allocation on the amulet . Its important that the Poachers Mark Lands so you get the frenzy charges. To accomplish this I Flipped the order of the curse gems in my 6 link, making poachers mark last. Im not sure why this worked but having poachers mark and those frenzy charges made a big difference.

Reserved
"
Synicasm a écrit :
One Issue I came across when Leveling with Tabula ( 6 Link Cyclone ). The multiple Curses don't work, Due to not being able to apply more than 1 curse at this point since Im not using the Cospri's or Whispers of Doom allocation on the amulet . Its important that the Poachers Mark Lands so you get the frenzy charges. To accomplish this I Flipped the order of the curse gems in my 6 link, making poachers mark last. Im not sure why this worked but having poachers mark and those frenzy charges made a big difference.

As we are not investing for any damage, I would think it would be better to put HoAG in your 6 link as early as possible, as it's damage scales better with the gem level. Cyclone only for Virulance and utility.

I've got mine to lvl 80 now and everything but uber lab, and maybe 9ex invested (2ex each for the rings, 3 ex for the amulet, 1ex for the cospri's, 1ex for 21/20 HoAG gem, 1ex for other items mainly to cap resistances and get some defense). It is doing the approximately 300 depth I am at no problem.

However, before I do uber lab, what is the point of Outmatch and Outlast? If the crawler is killing things, won't we not get endurance charges, and the bonus for the max frenzy wouldn't help the crawler? Would Blood in the eyes be better for the maim?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires