3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

"
Akorius a écrit :
To be Frank, I think this build is lagging in endgame dps at a budget. Most of my current upgrades are about 1ex or more. Champions take about 4 minutes of evading to bring down. Maybe I am lacking of some major upgrades which I can not identify yet, aside from the obvious ones (6-link , and watchers eye, max and qual gems) but those are not cheap. 10C as a promise is very misleading.

To solve this, I am considering away from ignite dmg and move to the ordinary Armageddon brand dmg. Maybe throw some ignite into it to keep the current gear. I think that could solve a lot of dps-issues the build has right now. I think a metaphor to see this build is like melting someone to death with half of a cigarette left.

Besides that, could someone post a t16 map and the gear used? Currently even t6 monsters are not exploding instantly.

Things got fatter in 3.9 (bosses, influenced mobs, metas), but you got access to more currency than before, so it evens out I suppose.

In 3.8 I did reach t16 on a basic (10c) setup with the other half of the items being self-found. Obviously damage was lagging behind a bit, but it was doable.

The basic idea is that by the time you hit early reds, you should have enough currency to invest into build a bit. Yoke (30c) and 6 links (1-2ex depending on which slot you are going to swap) really improve the deeps by a lot, leaving you somewhere in a 1.5mil range, which is enough for any current content.

Dernière édition par awesoweh, le 3 janv. 2020 00:28:52
like the build so far, wondering about wise oak?
"
PapaSmurfbk a écrit :
like the build so far, wondering about wise oak?

Resistance penetration doesn't work on ignite, alas. But something like combustion support or elemental equilibrium - does, it's convoluted as hell, but poe gonna poe.
**Deleted, made wrong statements on the build due to my own mistake. Deleted cause I don't want to make build followers feel uncomfortable. Old posts can be still looked up in author quotes :)
Dernière édition par Akorius, le 7 janv. 2020 13:47:45
"
Akorius a écrit :
I've played the build now for 60h.
Here is my personal conclusion.

It's a very fun build to play. Up to T6 maps you will cook enemies and bosses. Since the change to boss hp, bosses will not melt as fast as usual. When you reach red map the build will drastically fall off. And you certainly need a 6link. In my opinion there are 2 major issues.
1. Damage without 6link is lacking.
2. Low hp, if dmg is compensated by (Gang's momentum and Loreweave). My Char is lingering around 4k hp, which is for me to squishy.

Overall to compensate the issues some invest has to flow into the build.
One has to decide if the faith in the build is strong enough to justify an invest of an additional 4ex to enter endgame.

Idk where you get the 4ex number from honestly, even if you go for a 6 linked searing touch, it's only 1.2 ex currently, and yoke is 15c.

Skin of loyal/lords are a pretty decent cheap options too for a 6link on a budget, they go for 15-20c atm, but at a cost of a good hp and res chunk, so yeah. On a flipside you'll get a level 23, 6-linked (or 24 with a corrupted 21 lvl gem) armageddon brand out of it (on top of a possibly relevant notable from Lords).

Gang's Momentum doesn't affect ignite damage, so essentially it's a wasted slot (don't know why it doesn't, but poe gonna poe, probably works only with hits akin to res penetration). Loreweave is kinda pointless too with pseudo 6-link helmet. Either get a nice defensive helmet and put your armag brand into the loreweave with swift affliction instead of conc effect or swap out your chest.

Speaking of good budget options for improving damage. Look for gloves/belts with # to # added Fire Damage against Burning Enemies modifier, along with resists and hp, just checked and there is a bunch of decent items available for under 10c.

You are doing your own spin on the build and it's fine, but calling in question its effectiveness when you are running your own version is a bit strange isn't it?
Dernière édition par awesoweh, le 5 janv. 2020 07:17:23
Hey. Moved from Storm Brand to Armageddon Brand and loving the build right now. A bit rough at the start for me since I slapped on a lot of unique without any armour, but all in all very satisfying. Got a few questions though:
1. What do you think would be a safer option for getting EO and Curse on Hit over OOS? I feel very uncomfortable having to come up to the metamorph/boss to lay it down. Especially Metamorph because the entire screen is filled with black blobs.
2. I only got to 62 but I've been running mana flask the entire time. I noticed you use 5 utility flasks. Where does the mana sustain come from? The single 10% mana regen node doesn't feel like it's enough for me. I'm running with only Anger as well, so I imagine the problem will get more severe later when I want to use Herald of Ash as well.
3. What do you think about the Pyre? It has up to +80% Burning Damage.
ty for the response. so i have +1 curses armor what other curse would you use besides flammability , i was thinking temp chains or enfeeble
"
fluffrier a écrit :
Hey. Moved from Storm Brand to Armageddon Brand and loving the build right now. A bit rough at the start for me since I slapped on a lot of unique without any armour, but all in all very satisfying. Got a few questions though:
1. What do you think would be a safer option for getting EO and Curse on Hit over OOS? I feel very uncomfortable having to come up to the metamorph/boss to lay it down. Especially Metamorph because the entire screen is filled with black blobs.
2. I only got to 62 but I've been running mana flask the entire time. I noticed you use 5 utility flasks. Where does the mana sustain come from? The single 10% mana regen node doesn't feel like it's enough for me. I'm running with only Anger as well, so I imagine the problem will get more severe later when I want to use Herald of Ash as well.
3. What do you think about the Pyre? It has up to +80% Burning Damage.

1. That's a tough one, I suppose firestorm (or whatever it's called, rain of fire thingy) can be used as a substitute, but metas tend to move towards you anyway and spawn adds to boot, so triggering CoH and EO with OOS (without running in) shouldn't be too much of an issue.

2. I ran hybrid flask, since it covers the mana issues, no regen maps and is useful in a pinch.

3. You still lose about 50% of the dps compared to an extra ignite from emberwake. I don't think there's a better option than emberwake as far as pure dps is concerned.

"
PapaSmurfbk a écrit :
ty for the response. so i have +1 curses armor what other curse would you use besides flammability , i was thinking temp chains or enfeeble

Enfeeble as a defensive option, Despair with max quality (increased damage from dots is really nice) as an offensive one.
Oh sorry buddy, I did a big mistake. For some reason I have been following an other passive Tree. But followed your itemization. I could not find time to change the build yet. Will leave a comment as soon as possible.
Much better, but sadly have still survival issues @ 4.8K life.

Which anointments do you recommend?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires