[3.8] ♛ Hank the Tank™ ♛ - The Manliest Man ☛ Pure Physical Dominating Blow Summoner

UPDATE: Don't bother with this build until Dom Blow's issues are fixed. I played it from league start to Shaper, but wouldn't recommend as of now.

Note: This page is subject to change as the league progresses. Stay tuned for updates.

Welcome.

This is a sub page that branches off the main guide, which you can find here.

All the core mechanics of the build you can check out in the main guide's Mechanics section. In this thread I will merely explain the summoning side of things for 3.8 Blight league.

Please take note that this will only serve as a mini guide, as proper formatting and updates will be added in due time as the league progresses.

To start things off, check out how the build is played here.

And here's the Path of Building code: https://pastebin.com/fFw6DNnS

Some of the items are intentionally expensive and bonkers, as they serve as a goal for myself to strive for.

LEVELING

I can't really provide any leveling trees per sé, but I can tell you how I would level this build:

• First, work your way towards Iron Reflexes.
  • Pick up Life nodes along the way.
  • Now, travel up to Resolute Technique.
  • From there, pick up all the Minion nodes.
  • Don't forget to pick up the Life and Armour nodes along the way.

Simple bottom line is: Keep a healthy mix of offensive and defensive nodes.

Since this is a Duelist, we don't get easy access to Minion gems. Thus you are best advised to use Cleave as your leveling skill and work your way towards Act 3.

From there, complete Siosa's quest in The Library, which should grant you access to all the Minion gems.

I highly recommend you level gems in your second weapon slot. The level 21 gems (check PoB) have priority. You must first level the gems to 20, then vendor said gem with a Gemcutter's Prism for a lvl 1 20 quality gem (you can skip this step if you apply 20 GCPs to the gem, but that's more expensive), which you then need to level up to 20 again before using a Vaal orb on it (for a chance to get a level 21 gem). Very tedious process, so plan ahead.

ITEMS

For now, I employ you to refer to Path of Building here.

BUT here's a short list of leveling/substitute items:
  • Tabula Rasa
  • Wanderlust
  • Goldrim
  • Matua Tupuna
  • Clayshaper
  • Belt of the Deceiver

SKILLS

The Main skill is Dominating Blow.
Melee skill that summons a bunch of dudes in armour that fight for you.

For some additional "tanky bois" I also use Herald of Purity.
They greatly scale with additional gem levels, so getting a lvl 21 gem is highly recommended. The upgraded shield will further boost their level.

Raise Spectre is used to summon 2 Chieftains for Frenzy and Power charges (we get a base of max 2 Spectres by default now on the gem). Host Chieftain generates Power charges, Carnage Chieftain generates Frenzy charges. Both ape types can be easily tracked down in Act 7 Ashen Fields. This will provide you and your minions with charges for more damage. No need to path all the way to Necromantic Aegis to use Victario's Charity.

Raise Spiders from Arakaali's Fang is a unique dagger that grants this skill. It will trigger on kill and summon up to 20 spiders (depends on how many corpses were consumed) that are invulnerable and have pretty good damage. You can try and farm this card yourself for a chance to get that dagger.

To further buff my minions, I also use Carrion Golem (not released yet, so Stone Golem serves as placeholder in the PoB code).

For Impale shenanigans (since I am going pure Phys) I am using Dread Banner to grant myself and my minions a chance to impale with attacks. You can read more about Impale in the main guide's Mechanics section.

To quickly move around, I use Shield Charge and Flame Dash.

Flesh Offering, Vulnerability and Molten Shell are linked to Cast When Damage Taken to automatically cast those buffs and debuffs, so you don't have to worry about it. This will greatly reduce stress on your fingers. Also, don't worry about the lower level Offering. The DPS loss is barely worth mentioning.

Desecrate is used to spawn corpses that can be consumed by the Raise Spiders skill and/or Flesh Offering.

Grace is our main source of Armour (Evasion Rating gets converted) and is better than Determination for this build, because minions barely benefit from the 1000 flat Armour from Master of Metal, even with Determination, and Grace grants roughly the same amount of Armour to me anyway. This will also give your minions a decent chance to evade in high tier maps (~36% without Blind, ~68% with Blind).

Lastly, the skill I so aptly dubbed the DELETE button: Convocation. I call it that because that's pretty much what it does. It summons all of your minions to you at the press of a button, which is helpful in focusing down a single enemy.

For all of the Support gems and gem levels you should refer to the PoB code for now.

ANOINTMENTS

In the Blight league we will be able to enchant our amulets with an extra Notable passive. I put together a few short lists of the possible anointments you want for the build. Fun fact: there are a total of 12 oils with 3 combinations, so a total of 12*12*3 = 432 combinations.

NOTE: After calculating some stuff, I have come to the conclusion that I need to make a few changes. It's nothing crazy, but stay tuned for more info.

Minion stuff
  • Sepia|Violet|Violet: Grave Intentions
  • Clear|Crimson|Silver: Death Attunement
  • Verdant|Crimson|Silver: Lord of the Dead
  • Verdant|Opalescent|Opalescent: Ravenous Horde
  • Clear|Verdant|Golden: Enduring Bond
  • Azure|Silver|Golden: Golem Commander

Aura stuff
  • Verdant|Teal|Golden: Influence
  • Teal|Crimson|Golden: Champion of the Cause
  • Violet|Opalescent|Silver: Leadership
  • Silver|Silver|Silver: Sovereignty
  • Opalescent|Golden|Golden: Charisma

Defensive & Offensive stuff
  • Sepia|Black|Silver: Crystal Skin
  • Violet|Golden|Golden: Aspect of Stone
  • Opalescent|Silver|Golden: Tribal Fury

NOTE: Assuming some of the Oils are going to be very expensive/rare, you should only start enchanting once you have all the items together
Proud creator of Hank the Tank™:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087746
☛ ♨ ♂ ✌ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ♂ ♨ ✌ ☚
Dernière édition par CaptainWARLORD, le 14 sept. 2019 19:06:24
Dernier bump le 22 sept. 2019 04:43:00
I think found my spirit animal. I love you Hank. I'll see you in 6 hours.
A couple questions (somewhat tied together):
1. What is your main mechanism for life recovery? I see some regen in your tree but not much. You also have ditched Thief's Torment from previous build so are you relying on leech from gear?

2. In general what are you looking for in weapon types? I was thinking you would want higher APS for the increased summon chance vs uniques, but is there another more important factor?

Thanks!

"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
A couple questions (somewhat tied together):
1. What is your main mechanism for life recovery? I see some regen in your tree but not much. You also have ditched Thief's Torment from previous build so are you relying on leech from gear?

2. In general what are you looking for in weapon types? I was thinking you would want higher APS for the increased summon chance vs uniques, but is there another more important factor?

Thanks!

1. Leech, flasks, regen. Same goes for Mana.

2. Anything you can get your hands on. Faster weapon bases often require Dex tho.
I have a quick question about two things, so basically two questions :P
Why dominating blow is in 7 link in PoB? And what is your recommended ascendancy nodes order?

@edit

Another one came up right after posting: How do u feel about ancestral call instead of melee splash?
Dernière édition par Rywin, le 7 sept. 2019 12:28:48
"
Rywin a écrit :
I have a quick question about two things, so basically two questions :P
Why dominating blow is in 7 link in PoB? And what is your recommended ascendancy nodes order?

Dom Blow is in a 7L so you can see the single target when you swap in Melee Phys instead of Melee Splash.

You can find the Ascendancies in the main guide. This one is only a branched off section.

"
Rywin a écrit :
@edit

Another one came up right after posting: How do u feel about ancestral call instead of melee splash?

Minions can't use Ancestral Call.
Just curious, why have fortify gem on the shield and chest when we already have permanent fortify from the ascendancy?
Dernière édition par drummer88, le 7 sept. 2019 16:35:43
"
drummer88 a écrit :
Just curious, why have fortify gem on the shield and chest when we already have permanent fortify from the ascendancy?

So that Minions gain Fortify.
Liking the build so far! I just suck at the game, a budget version would have been awesome to know what to work my way up from haha. Still having fun with it though, just guessing a lot! Thanks.
"
drummer88 a écrit :
Liking the build so far! I just suck at the game, a budget version would have been awesome to know what to work my way up from haha. Still having fun with it though, just guessing a lot! Thanks.

My character tab is public. You can always check my character.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires