[3.7] RichJMoney's Herald of Agony Champion. - All Content Viable

Who am I?
I'm RichJMoney, Creator of Cameria's Maul, Cameria's Avarice, The Thaumiturgist, and The Wolven King's Bite.

I Stream on http://www.twitch.tv/RichJMoney and play Path of Exile every League.
Occasionally I post youtube videos on http://www.youtube.com/c/RichJMoneyTV .
You can also follow me on Twitter

I'm also running a Private League for the Start of Blight League. You can find the details here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/Pleasant+Non+Toxic+Community

Introduction to the Build:

I love Herald of Agony and have played it several leagues in the past. I leveled this particular character in ZiggyD's Private League where items did not drop Rare or Magic. This meant I didn't have access to some of the Unveiled crafting recipes that would offer other tools for this build to use such as -Mana Cost of Skills.

This build was great to start a league with as all the core items for the build are easily accessible and you can start leveling with the Herald as soon as you get it.

This is a MINION build. The only scaling for my own attacks that I really care about is poison frequency, which we scale in a few ways. Most importantly is raw attack speed, as well as Minion Attack Speed which we also scale with thanks to the "Spiritual Aid" notable.

I chose Champion for a few reasons. Firstly the Permanent Fortify is a great damage reduction and probably the best you can get as a minion build. Secondly "Worthy Foe" increased all damage taken by enemies which is a damage multiplier. All the damage we do and scale up is buffed by this. It's important to note that I did NOT take "First to Strike, Last to Fall" because I am unlikely to be able to hit most monsters while they are at full life. Additionally the inability for Enemies to evade attacks buffs both our Poison rate as well as the damage from our Agony Crawler as it negates any need for accuracy.

This build can do all the content in Path of Exile with Little Difficulty. I personally prefer to use Toxic Rain over Rain of Arrows or some other bow skill.

Toxic Rain has 3 parts. The Initial Hit, the pod explosion, and the damage over time. Both the Initial Hit and the Explosion can poison and I really like the Lotus MTX for the skill.

Rain of Arrows is an equally valid choice if you like it better, use it.

The only damage source is the Agony Crawler. I personally leave Toxic Rain at level 1 due to mana costs and keeping the self poison damage to a minimum.
I chose to scale the damage of the crawler through elemental sk
Elemental Equilibrium - Flat Fire Damage, makes the enemy Weak to Lightning and Cold which we give with Hatred and Physical to Lightning (and possibly Grip of the Council).

Tree/Pantheon ETC

Bandits:
Kill all or Kraityn

Pantheon:
Anything, EXCEPT do NOT upgrade Soul of Shakari if you intend to use "The Golden Rule". I generally use the Non-Upgraded "Soul of Shakari" as well as "Soul of Arakaali"

Path Of Building Pastebin https://pastebin.com/mDiFxK35
Current Skill Tree: http://poeurl.com/cxEe

Core Items/Gear

Core Items/Uniques:

Outside of Scaling our Minion's damage, the only other goal for DPS is to get stacks of Virulence as fast as possible. The two core items we use to do this are
Poison Enemies fast: Quill Rain

Quill Rain is the fastest way to attack with a bow. The Global Damage reductions means that there's no real damage coming from Toxic Rain, but it does NOT affect Minion Damage.
Poison Yourself too: The Golden Rule

This lets us put a lot of tiny poisons on ourselves, enabling us to stack up to 40 even on single targets very quickly.

The Coming Calamity

This keeps our Herald of Agony at a reasonable reservation. A completely different take on this build could use a Bow with +1 gems and Vicious Projectiles for the Crawler and a Victario's Influence for Hatred.

Gluttony:

This triggers CWDT, Enables us to run against hexproof maps as well as no regen/leech maps perfectly fine thanks to the Life/Mana gained on hit from Poacher's Mark.

Optional Uniques:
Tombfist

This gives us an easy source of Intimidate, as well as some nice Life. Two Sockets is a nice Quality of Life Upgrade as the slow from Maim helps us stay alive.
In a Single Socket tombfist, I would roll a Murderous Eye Jewel.
The Searching and Murderous jewels can be rolled with a
Bound Fossil

to give it Global Minion Damage.

Maloney's Mechanism
- Rain of Arrows, Curse on Hit, Projectile Weakness
This item just allows you some flexibility in your links, letting you run a 4 Link Toxic Rain or Combining it with Blink Arrow. The Blind on hit is also a great bonus.

Grip of the Council

This is the alternative to Tombfist if you have another source of Intimidate in mind, or if you just don't get a pair in SSF or a Private League.

Essence Worm
- Lets you run Hatred as well as Flesh and Stone (with Hatred in the Ring), but you lose Elemental Equilibrium. I used this for some time but dropped it after a while.

Priorities On Items:
Jewels:
I primarily use Ghastly Eye Jewels where I'm looking for Minion Attack Speed, Minion Damage, Flat Physical Damage for Minions. Life and Resistances are a bonus.
In general any place where you don't use a unique item, you want to use an evasion based item with lots of Life and Resistances.

Helm Enchants: The Extra Projectiles enchant is by far the best, while the reservation enchant is useless on this build.

My Current Gear

Gem Links:

Herald of Agony

Herald of Agony - Minion Damage - Pierce - Damage on Full Life - Physical to Lightning - Elemental Damage with Attacks

Toxic Rain(or ROA)
Toxic Rain - Mirage Archer - Poison - Faster Attacks
Without Maloney's: Curse on Hit - Projectile Weakness
With Maloney's: Blink Arrow - Blood Magic (if needed or without - Mana Cost Rings)

Other Core Gems:
Hatred on Generosity or in Essence Wurm
Convocation
Flesh Offering (I use CWDT)

Other Choices/Options:
Flesh and Stone for AOE Blind/Damage Reduction.
This requires using Essence Wurm and getting rid of Elemental Equilibrium or using some other means of mana reservation reduction and running on Blood Magic.
Movement: Flame Dash, Blink Arrow, Smoke Mine, Dash (Use whatever you prefer)

Vaal Haste/Grace/Summon Skeletons - Based on Preference. I use Vaal Haste

CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Dernière édition par RichMoney, le 3 sept. 2019 06:22:52
Dernier bump le 31 août 2019 01:37:06
Reserved
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires