[3.10] Raider - HoA 1300 deep delver(sc). 800+ in hc (3.10)

And about the entropy based evasion calculation ? Because this system is good for low evasion to feel better but it's worse when you're trying to avoid getting hit
spinning
Entropy
Realistically cyclone and movement will save you more than anything as monsters are locked into their attack animations when they start (more noticeable on non hasted projectile monsters). You shouldn't allow most mobs to get a chance to stack entropy because doing so implies you are getting 'hit' by them constantly. In my Aul videos, i showcase that he hits me maybe twice in a string of 10 minutes and in that delve video at 1200 just doing nodes. This is because while he does 'hit' me from time to time, my movement is preventing me from even receiving a 'hit' that would add to the entropy counter; if i stood still i would have been 'hit' multiple times by many of those mobs but none of them hit me. (Entropy only ticks up to avoid from long strings of evades but this is only true if they are standing still hitting you repeatedly.) So whats important here is that we are able to take at least ONE hit such that we can reset both our entropy counter for those mob(s) and we can leech back up before we get hit again (or flask if scared) and it shouldn't be a struggle until 1200+ where you do have to manage that.

Another reason raider is quite nice here is because we are also stacking dodge. While evasion technically has a mechanism that will eventually get you hit, the actually hit that gets through needs to roll past our dodge which is 52% making it extremely difficult to actually get through.

Additionally, you can do this for general monsters too which is why cyclone is absolutely bonkers. If you move in a circle or large circle around mobs and if their attack animation is not faster than how fast you can move, if they 'hit' you once in a while, your entropy counter should still be fairly low.

Why no spell dodge
PS: Regarding spell dodge, given our elemental resistances are so high and most if not all spells (with the exclusion of the hellish minion /haunted ground nodes in delve) are elemental, most spells are a non factor when we get hit. When you do encounter those specific nodes under hard modes, i do suggest swapping some gear around and taking phase acro. I'll post a small clip of me tanking double atziri flame blast in a bit. I put purity of fire and a ruby flask on for that fight to do it but i think its still a good indicator that most spells are a non factor.
Dernière édition par mothraelite, le 6 sept. 2019 15:24:19
"
mothraelite a écrit :
needs to roll past our dodge which is 75% making it extremely difficult to actually get through.

75 is with vaal grace active, and about 35ish without it. But ok, nothing fancy then, just try and use the 6seconds reset timer and hope for the best. And still need to more or less reliably tank one hit from time to time.

Don't misunderstand me, I think it's crazy good, I just was wondering if you had another way to deal with it. I will probably try to abuse a bit more the dodge if I play this, to get more than 50% dodge without vaal grace.

I was mainly asking to determine if i want to play this or another glad (no entropy there but 83 83 seems the absolute max we can get).
Dernière édition par AAZgurf, le 6 sept. 2019 14:46:36
Oh you are right. it would be at 58%(62% in 3.8) without watchers eyes and grace active(which none of the pobs had but im planning to drop grace anyway). i'll update the pobs to reflect that.

grace watchers = 10% dodge
boots = 12%
acro = 30%
ascendency = 6%(3.7) 10%(3.8)

----------------------
3.7 dodge = 58%
3.8 dodge = 62%

but again im planning to drop the grace / watchers eye so it would be 48%/52% for this league for me.
Dernière édition par mothraelite, le 6 sept. 2019 15:31:45
New -mana cost craft for channelling skills only goes up to -3.
Still doable. total cost of cyclone is 7. amu, ring, ring gives you 9 or you can go any 2 of those with some investment in mana cost reduction on tree.
Just wanted to say thanks for this build, working good so far.

made a few changes:

Cold Point iron daggers x 2

using meatshield on HoAg seems to work really well too.

Mana seems to be the biggest issue with cyclone, but should be able to fix that with the right gear.
Glad its working out ^^. Yeah the -mana cost on rings/amu is pretty important. If you manage to get a decent gemini claw to multimod with minion damage on it, should be able to sustain on its own if you dont have -mana cost on rings yet. (assuming you want to swap out of daggers)
"
mothraelite a écrit :
Glad its working out ^^. Yeah the -mana cost on rings/amu is pretty important. If you manage to get a decent gemini claw to multimod with minion damage on it, should be able to sustain on its own if you dont have -mana cost on rings yet. (assuming you want to swap out of daggers)

Also, You can oil craft one of the mana leech notables. I have zero mana issues sience.
Do what You will shall be the whole of the law.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires