[3.8] WIP Toxic Rain Pathfinder League Starter, 297% MS 5.9k life All Content + Great mapper/delver

"
Yalpe a écrit :
"
Morstern a écrit :
Hey guys,

I think you already notice that you can allocate passive in your amulet.

I believe that Corruption is the best one for this build, am I right?
It gives:
• 15% increased Damage over Time
• +10% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
• 15% increased Chaos Damage

----

Kinda struggling with those unique monsters in blight - especially with that big goat, who jumps all around - not having so much dmg rn - but hope it'll be better later :D (still having 4link on my weapon :/)

If you are looking for raw damage yes that's a good node. Are you using the Wither totem setup? It helps a ton for unique monsters. Also, buy yourself a Vaal Grace and pop it when you get into those situations, it will increase your survivability a lot.

Survivability is not a problem for me.

I took that node on my amulet, boosted my tooltip damage by 1000 - now it's much smoother to kill bosses. - I really recommend that! :)

Yeah - I have that wither totem setup (without increased duration :/)
Dernière édition par Morstern, le 8 sept. 2019 09:33:51
"
Achyles a écrit :
Hey,

so i am looking for jewels right now and do not know what to look for exactly.
I see your jewels always have max life% and chaos damage over time - is that realy the best (and why?)
what about normal dmg over time or just chaos dmg
Since Toxic Rain has "Modifiers to Projectile Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect" what about Projectile Damage on jewels?
All this get you more % than chaos dmg over time. Sadly i do not know if they realy boost the dmg.

My jewels were multipliers, not additives. 4% multi gave me more damage than a 10% increased dot/chaos/proj dmg. However, you can usually find both on jewels. Try to search for the following:

+7% maximum life
+10% increased damage over time
+4% non-ailment multi

Those are probably the best jewels you can find. Try it in path of building if you want.

Jewel 1
Spoiler

test
Viridian Jewel
Crafted: true
Prefix: {range:1}PercentIncreasedLifeJewel
Prefix: None
Suffix: {range:1}JewelChaosNonAilmentDamageOverTimeMultiplier2
Suffix: None
Quality: 0
LevelReq: 0
Implicits: 0
7% increased maximum Life
+4% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier

Jewel 2
Spoiler

test2
Viridian Jewel
Crafted: true
Prefix: {range:1}PercentIncreasedLifeJewel
Prefix: None
Suffix: {range:1}DamageOverTimeJewel
Suffix: None
Quality: 0
LevelReq: 0
Implicits: 0
12% increased Damage over Time
7% increased maximum Life

With my current stats Jewel 1 gives me +2.6% DPS and Jewel 2 gives me 1.9%.

If you use poison Jewel 2 is better though.

Edit:
Just to clarify, this build only scales the DoT DPS. Tooltip shows projectile damage (the arrows that spawns the pods) IIRC.
Dernière édition par Yalpe, le 8 sept. 2019 10:47:35
"
Morstern a écrit :
"
Yalpe a écrit :
"
Morstern a écrit :
Hey guys,

I think you already notice that you can allocate passive in your amulet.

I believe that Corruption is the best one for this build, am I right?
It gives:
• 15% increased Damage over Time
• +10% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
• 15% increased Chaos Damage

----

Kinda struggling with those unique monsters in blight - especially with that big goat, who jumps all around - not having so much dmg rn - but hope it'll be better later :D (still having 4link on my weapon :/)

If you are looking for raw damage yes that's a good node. Are you using the Wither totem setup? It helps a ton for unique monsters. Also, buy yourself a Vaal Grace and pop it when you get into those situations, it will increase your survivability a lot.

Survivability is not a problem for me.

I took that node on my amulet, boosted my tooltip damage by 1000 - now it's much smoother to kill bosses. - I really recommend that! :)

Yeah - I have that wither totem setup (without increased duration :/)

Just saw that you are lvl 87 on a 4 link lol, how cool is that? :P

You can run dunes for imperial legacy cards if you want an easy 6 link, that would be an insane damage boost for you. Or just buy them, they go for 1c so for 22c you have your 6 link already. You should also not care too much about tooltip dps, IIRC it does not show the dot dps but the initial projectiles. Use POB to be sure.
"
Yalpe a écrit :

You can run dunes for imperial legacy cards if you want an easy 6 link, that would be an insane damage boost for you. Or just buy them, they go for 1c so for 22c you have your 6 link already. You should also not care too much about tooltip dps, IIRC it does not show the dot dps but the initial projectiles. Use POB to be sure.

I got my 5L after about 200 fusings finally...

I mean basically I was destroying everything (even MAP bosses) - except the blight monsters... (some of them have absurd amount of hp)
The highest map I've done was tier 9... didn't reach red maps ;d - but it's really good build, even with 4L :D

Now I'll try to get the 6L (probably from that imperial legacy cards) and all of crafts needed for the better version ;d

-----
EDIT 1:
O yeah I didn't mean btw the tooltip "DPS" -> just the text: "Deals 15427.5 Chaos Damage Per Second" (in my case)

----
EDIT 2:
HUUUUUGE improvement after adding that Swift Affliction

I need to ask you something:
I'd rather play with the Short Bow (it's faster)

There's card: The Porcupine it gives 50 lvl Short Bow, is that high enough?

----
EDIT 3:

Did my research, I need at least 81LVL :/

Dernière édition par Morstern, le 8 sept. 2019 12:32:37
"
Morstern a écrit :
"
Yalpe a écrit :

I got my 5L after about 200 fusings finally...

I mean basically I was destroying everything (even MAP bosses) - except the blight monsters... (some of them have absurd amount of hp)
The highest map I've done was tier 9... didn't reach red maps ;d - but it's really good build, even with 4L :D

Now I'll try to get the 6L (probably from that imperial legacy cards) and all of crafts needed for the better version ;d

-----
EDIT 1:
O yeah I didn't mean btw the tooltip "DPS" -> just the text: "Deals 15427.5 Chaos Damage Per Second" (in my case)

----
EDIT 2:
HUUUUUGE improvement after adding that Swift Affliction

I need to ask you something:
I'd rather play with the Short Bow (it's faster)

There's card: The Porcupine it gives 50 lvl Short Bow, is that high enough?

----
EDIT 3:

Did my research, I need at least 81LVL :/

The porcupine works. I don't think ilvl matters. Paragon's is ilvl 50 and the rest is master crafted. I can't really confirm for sure but I used a sub ilvl 80 bow in my video if you look. Farming the porcupine is super annoying though.
Build is into Yellow map now, so working great so far have a few Questions though.

1. With my current gear right now and the fact I only have around 45c What is the best route do you think for me to take in terms of either getting a 5 link +1-2 socketed bow, or 6 link without for now?

2. What is more valuable
%Increased damage over time
or
Chaos damage multiplier
Also what should be my primary offensive stat priority
Chaos multi > damage over time?

3.Do I want non-ailment multiplayer or chaos damage multiplayer, dont understand why there is 2 of these really.

Any help appreciated thanks.
"
Lunarsz a écrit :
1. With my current gear right now and the fact I only have around 45c What is the best route do you think for me to take in terms of either getting a 5 link +1-2 socketed bow, or 6 link without for now?
+2 to bow gems with 5 link should work better since what you put in 6th socket is empower and you need rank 3 to even match the +2 gems (bet it's more expensive).

"
Lunarsz a écrit :

Chaos damage multiplier
This one.
In most cases when you can get it, it wins over other stats (neck, glove, talent tree, watcher's eye). Where you cannot get it, get attack speed or survivability stats instead. Increased area affect and increased effect duration are good as well.

Getting a fossil crafted helmet with -9 chaos res aura is also a good dps increase.

"
Lunarsz a écrit :

3.Do I want non-ailment multiplayer or chaos damage multiplayer, dont understand why there is 2 of these really.
It's the same affix just changed in Blight patch, doesn't affect this build but is a big buff to poison builds. "Non-ailment" items are things from pre-Blight.
"
Lunarsz a écrit :
Build is into Yellow map now, so working great so far have a few Questions though.

2. What is more valuable
%Increased damage over time
or
Chaos damage multiplier
Also what should be my primary offensive stat priority
Chaos multi > damage over time?

Any help appreciated thanks.

Viktranka's answer is good. I'll add my 2c.

1. I compared a 6 link white bow with Efficacy as a the 6th gem (not empower) and a 5 link + 2 socketed bow gems and the dps is about the same. I also get the same result with Empower level 3. Depending on your preference you could go 5 link for less mana cost or straight to 6 link with Efficacy. One thing to keep in mind, once you can craft +1 bow gems, you get a 13% damage increase with the 6 link and Efficacy, and a 27% increase with Empower over both options. Thus, IMO, the 6 link is more "future proof".

2. Always pick multiplier over increased anything for this build.

3. They changed the wording on this patch. Vyktranka got this right. Non-Ailment is the old wording that implies "non poison chaos damage". They wanted some stuff to affect poison now so they changed it to "chaos damage multiplier" which affects both.
Dernière édition par Yalpe, le 8 sept. 2019 19:52:53
I have had a go with this build in standard, I am lvl 73 and having survivability problems, do you have any advice? character is in my profile.

I killed shaper with it deathless and dont think it will have a problem with uber elder, but i am finding the character i have created very squishy

I am also having problems getting the wither totems down as the totem placement speed is so slow and they expire so fast, any advice?
Dernière édition par EkEL123, le 8 sept. 2019 20:32:31
"
EkEL123 a écrit :
I have had a go with this build in standard, I am lvl 73 and having survivability problems, do you have any advice? character is in my profile.

I killed shaper with it deathless and dont think it will have a problem with uber elder, but i am finding the character i have created very squishy

I am also having problems getting the wither totems down as the totem placement speed is so slow and they expire so fast, any advice?

I loaded your character into PoB and here's what I noticed:

- You don't run Vaal Grace. Its a very nice survivability buff (even though not permanent)
- You have ~7k evasion. My PoB sits at 45k. This is IMO where the big difference is. You have 69% to avoid melee and projectiles and 30% spell avoidance. Vaal grace brings that to 86/64%. On my build I had 93% and about the same for spells (can't remember).
- Your life is at 4.3k, mine was just under 7k with Koam's. Here levels play a big part (74 vs 95). You don't have any jewels which are a big part of the life pool.

Overall your gear is quite good but you picked the wrong bases (armour+energy shield for easier colouring?). Perhaps that's on me? I think I said to pick str/int gear but that was meant to be for leveling. Not the end game stuff.

Wither totems are anoying to cast indeed. I don't have any solutions, but they help with the damage a ton... As for their survivability, gem levels help and placement.

Good luck.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires