[3.16] Lazy Lacerator - Half Block Gladiator

n
Dernière édition par Memitim, le 26 mars 2020 15:32:02
Hi, I've never tried a build based around max block/spell attack and I really needed to do something different.

I am just in yellow maps at the moment and have a poverty set-up with about 3ex to spare.

Some questions for now:

1. What's the min base block you should go for? I was hitting 75% with 64% with procs then my chest and anointment solidarity put me up to 73% baseline. Is that too much since I am wasting % with procs?

2. What's the best second alternative for anointment? Is it dirty techniques? I took solidarity because it was cheap and with -19% on that gem I needed the ares.

3. Do you hold down lacerate hotkey or let it fire 3x before you press it again?

4. What should I upgrade next? I am assuming it's the weapon but I am hopeless at crafting and the prices are mind-boggling.

5. Is there a softcap on attack speed?

6. Is "The Surrender" comparable to the rare shields? It's very expensive though.

Here is my poverty set-up atm: My profile is public too. My damage is quite bad @ t9-10, I have about 11.3k armor and 4.4k hp, I am only 81 atm. I will survive everything pretty easily then ofc a bad string of luck and I spike low.

If there's anything else that's glaringly missing that would be great to know - besides finishing 4th lab which I am working on now.

Dernière édition par poeGT, le 27 mars 2020 13:46:07
I don’t have enough mana for Herald of Purity, Pride and War Banner at the same time. There is only 13 unreserved mana, but Lacerate cost is 33. What should I do? For now on, I just run with War Banner which is off.
"
I don’t have enough mana for Herald of Purity, Pride and War Banner at the same time. There is only 13 unreserved mana, but Lacerate cost is 33. What should I do? For now on, I just run with War Banner which is off.

I swapped over from double strike to this build and found putting enlighten with Herald of Purity is the move for being able to use lacerate while war banner/ pride/ and herald of purity are active.

"
poeGT a écrit :
Hi, I've never tried a build based around max block/spell attack and I really needed to do something different.

I am just in yellow maps at the moment and have a poverty set-up with about 3ex to spare.

Some questions for now:

1. What's the min base block you should go for? I was hitting 75% with 64% with procs then my chest and anointment solidarity put me up to 73% baseline. Is that too much since I am wasting % with procs?

2. What's the best second alternative for anointment? Is it dirty techniques? I took solidarity because it was cheap and with -19% on that gem I needed the ares.

3. Do you hold down lacerate hotkey or let it fire 3x before you press it again?

4. What should I upgrade next? I am assuming it's the weapon but I am hopeless at crafting and the prices are mind-boggling.

6. Is "The Surrender" comparable to the rare shields? It's very expensive though.

1. In the original build I try to hit 67% block standing in Hideout, that gives you 78% with Tempest Shield on and after you've been hit recently. I've been playing this in SSF HC the past few days and I only have 52% block in Hideout and I'm surviving okay still (more Hp helps a lot).

2. Dirty Techniques is really strong if you didn't grab it. If you need resists I'd stick with Solidarity for now.

3. I usually just click once per pack of monsters, but holding it down works also. For bosses I hold it down, sometimes they stun you and interrupt the cast.

4. The axe is honestly the biggest damage upgrade by far. But getting the last lab if it's the last bleed one is pretty big too. Unfortunately, the axe is expensive to craft :(

5. You want 4 attacks per second at least (lacerate hits twice), that way you can hit 16 times before your bleeds start to wear off, this offsets the 60% chance on the Axe and you should have big bleeds almost all the time. More attack speed feels good though, getting through maps faster.

6. In my opinion the shaper shield with 5% life on block is better than Surrender shield. Mostly due to it having no resists so it would make getting resists a lot harder on other pieces.

This is my current SSF HC gear: https://pastebin.com/Ai7GrhVN

I don't have the Elder Axe yet because I haven't dropped one to craft, but I cleared a t15 (it was slow) and am blasting through t10 maps comfortably.
For more detailed information, I do beta testing for $75 an hour.
"
geoffreytuck a écrit :

1. In the original build I try to hit 67% block standing in Hideout, that gives you 78% with Tempest Shield on and after you've been hit recently. I've been playing this in SSF HC the past few days and I only have 52% block in Hideout and I'm surviving okay still (more Hp helps a lot).

2. Dirty Techniques is really strong if you didn't grab it. If you need resists I'd stick with Solidarity for now.

3. I usually just click once per pack of monsters, but holding it down works also. For bosses I hold it down, sometimes they stun you and interrupt the cast.

4. The axe is honestly the biggest damage upgrade by far. But getting the last lab if it's the last bleed one is pretty big too. Unfortunately, the axe is expensive to craft :(

5. You want 4 attacks per second at least (lacerate hits twice), that way you can hit 16 times before your bleeds start to wear off, this offsets the 60% chance on the Axe and you should have big bleeds almost all the time. More attack speed feels good though, getting through maps faster.

6. In my opinion the shaper shield with 5% life on block is better than Surrender shield. Mostly due to it having no resists so it would make getting resists a lot harder on other pieces.

I don't have the Elder Axe yet because I haven't dropped one to craft, but I cleared a t15 (it was slow) and am blasting through t10 maps comfortably.

Thanks for the responses. I got my Uber lab done and the explosions are a massive upgrade.

How important is the axe base damage? I see axes with the stats I want with really low phys dps but they still want 4ex+? Does PoB take into consideration the 60% to dbl? Because there are axes for 100c that are showing low bleed dps by a lot.

I see your point about the shield, especially if we're running Guilt+Essence+anvil which all have no res and thread of hope takes away some.

I'll have to work on the weapon and shield, I am missing out on all that juicy HP on block atm.

So we want any evasion or does that mess up all our buffs and benefits? I was running a jade flask instead of 1/2 hp flasks which gives about 25% evade but then I was thinking if evasion is checked first when attacked then I am not getting the benefits of blocking.
Dernière édition par poeGT, le 29 mars 2020 05:47:50
"
geoffreytuck a écrit :
"
poeGT a écrit :

Some questions for now:

For poeGT, yeah you need to modify the weapon text to have the line "30% more damage with bleeding" to calculate the damage more accurately with that particular mod because pob doesn't understand "60% chance to do 100% more damage with bleeding".

Geoffreytuck, have you considered taking Iron Reflexes? 2 points, would give an extra 1800 armour or so, which you can make into a pretty juicy self cast molten shell/vaal molten with a bit of rework. I understand this is anathema to your lazy approach (which I dig), but it's an idea. Also, with the way block works, you kind of ~want~ to be getting hit, right? So evasion is actually a bit of a dps hit (however small it may be) is it not?

Anyway, just some points for thought. I could be very wrong. Build looks cool, I'm probably going to give it a shot in the next day or two.
"It's time to espionagerate! Espionify? Espi- Time to talk!"
@ Fairgraves you could assign iron reflexes with 1 skill using the thread gem. It's a good question because I was using a jade flask but was unsure if evasion messes with the gameplay of a block build - flask gives a nice 20%.

I bought a semi budget elder axe. It's lower PDPS than jack but everything else is better. Also 6 link but I dropped to 67% base block which is still ok for now.

Tested myself on a t15 and it had a zana t16 with a meta morph fully juiced boss. Clear speed is fine, bosses take about 10-15secs, not the fastest but still great for the cost and level 19 gems. I still flask though.

Got lucky on an awakened gem I sold for 2ex. I'll probably start working on some cheaper quality gems too. Loving the build, I am going to get into the low 90s.

Dernière édition par poeGT, le 30 mars 2020 02:54:25
Is this viable for SSF?
Dernière édition par Kaltenstein, le 31 mars 2020 07:35:32

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires