[3.7] Voidforge Static Strike Slayer || 8.5 mill+ Shaper DPS Buffed || Uber Elder Deathless

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my guide!

This is a powerful off-meta build which blows up content using the under-rated Static Strike skill.

I believe this is the strongest Static Strike build guide out there currently.

The gem interaction between Static Strike and Phase Run is unique in that the Static Strike beams can gain the DPS bonus from Phase Run for the full duration of Phase Run. This, and the fact that the Static Strike beam attack rate is not dependent on attack speed, is what makes this build strong and special.

I have played Path of Exile for many years and I have a lot of experience, so I poop you not that this is good build. See it to believe it in my videos!

_-*-_STRIKE. SPRINT. LOOT. REPEAT._-*-_

If the above sounds like a fun playstyle to you then please read on!

Credits to Mathil's Voidforge Static Strike Raider build in which this build was inspired by.

VIDEOS

Spoiler
Uber Elder Deathless: https://youtu.be/6dMrAuaOs0I

I realised after the kill that I had the "Chain" gem socketed to Static Strike as opposed to "Hypothermia", so Uber Elder should have died a lot quicker!

That computer freeze almost killed me also.

Maze of the Minotaur Map (T16): https://youtu.be/-IEocVWkp6c

Showcase of the Static Strike Slayer in a map.

Guardian of the Phoenix Kill (T16): https://youtu.be/xQgk_xQFl18

Showcase of a boss kill. Credits to Tecken1407.

5 Emblem Legion Encounter: https://youtu.be/J_AorEghSQs

Showcase of the Static Strike Slayer in the 5 Emblem Legion Encounter. Apologies about the laptop performance while video recording

PROS, CONS AND PLAYSTYLE OF BUILD

Spoiler
PROS:
+ High DPS (8.5M+ Shaper DPS fully buffed comprising of 4M/2M/2.5M DPS from melee hit/beam/totem respectively | 3.5M+ Shaper DPS while mobile with Phase Run active | DPS is actually higher with nearby enemies due to Overwhelm Ascendancy | high crit. chance | 100% hit chance | no need to constantly click on monsters as Static Strike beams self-target)
+ High AOE (clear maps fast due to Static Strike beams chaining | 8 beams from helm enchant with Chain hits 32 targets)
+ High Defences (5.8k HP | 2300 life leeched per second + overleech | 78% max res | constant fortify + 6% reduced damage taken + 10% reduced elemental damage taken | positive chaos res | attacks can blind | 62% attack dodge 40% spell dodge with flasks up | additional defences from Pantheon)
+ Attacks have high chance to Shock and Freeze
+ High Mobility (+175% movement speed)
+ Immune to Stun and Bleeding from Ascendancy
+ No Mana Problems due to mana leech and Static Strike beam having duration

CONS:
- Need to land a hit to start Static Strike beams (which is hard to do when mobs are blowing up, timing is important, see my Playstyle Section and Head Enchant explanation)
- Can take spike physical damage and die if not careful
- Cannot do elemental reflect maps and no leech maps are painful
- Resistance balancing is required for The Wise Oak flask

PLAYSTYLE:
-Cast Blood Rage once at start of map.
-Activate your flasks (4.8 sec)
-Hit once with Static Strike (4.9 sec)
-Cast Phase Run (7+ sec)
-Run through monsters and watch them explode.
-Where you need a single target DPS boost, activate Ancestral Warchief and continuously attack with Static Strike

See it in action in the Maze of the Minotaur (T16) video!

POB SKILL TREE, BANDITS AND PANTHEON

Spoiler
POB SKILL TREE:
https://pastebin.com/sY5n4yjq

Noteables:
-Vaal Pact (life leech doubled, no life regeneration)
-Acrobatics (+30% chance to dodge attacks, less armour, energy shield and block)
-Phase Acrobatics (+30% chance to dodge spells)

Ascendancy Points:
Slayer: Overwhelm -> Endless Hunger -> Brutal Fervour -> Headsman

Note: If you really like overleech then you can get Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour before Overwhelm. You can also swap Headsman for Impact if you prefer a larger hit range and more AOE (paired with Blood and Sand).

BANDITS:
Help Alira.

PANTHEON:
-Major God: Soul of Lunaris
-Minor God: Soul of Garukhan

Note: You can choose other Gods if you prefer.

POB DPS CALCS (HOW TO)
Spoiler
Single Target DPS while Attacking:

PoB setup is Ancestral Warchief totem activated, Phase Run de-activated, “Always Moving” de-activated

Melee DPS: 4 mill
Beam DPS: 2 mill
Totem DPS: 2.5 mill
TOTAL DPS: 8.5 mill+

AOE DPS while Moving:

PoB setup is Ancestral Warchief totem de-activated, Phase Run activated, “Always Moving” activated

Beam/TOTAL DPS: 3.5 mill+

Note that DPS is actually higher when there are nearby enemies due to Overwhelm Ascendancy (10 nearby monsters = +100% Critical Strike Multiplier).

You may also notice that my gem qualities in PoB are not even 20% (how noob I know)

GEAR AND ENCHANTS

Spoiler
My current gear is below. There is room to choose different gear if you prefer. My choice of gear provides chaos resistance and I am aware that there is room for improvement (e.g. my current helm has an empty prefix, my boots can be greatly improved, I could get an expensive Watcher's Eye and/or Timeless Jewel). If you want gear ideas I suggest you look at Mathil's Voidforge Static Strike Raider build (e.g. he uses Abyssus and other shaper/elder rares).

Stats to look for on rares: Life, Critical Strike Chance, Critical Strike Multiplier, Flat Physical Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Resists (which need to be balanced for The Wise Oak flask) and Intelligence (for gems). Syndicate crafts can also be quite strong.

Helm Enchant: I recommend Static Strike has +2 Maximum Beam Targets. 45% increased Static Strike Duration is another option however I do not like how it causes Static Strike beam duration to become out of sync with flask durations.

Glove Corruption: Your choice of Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble or Temporal Chains.

Boot Enchant: Spell dodge is a good choice but you can choose any as you prefer.

GEMS

Spoiler
My recommended gem links are below. There is room to choose different skills as you prefer e.g. up to you if you want to choose a skill other than Vengeance.

Static Strike:

Note: Chain is recommended for fast map clearing and Hypothermia or Ruthless for bosses.

Ancestral Warchief:

Note: Alternatively swap Hypothermia for Elemental Focus

Phase Run and Steelskin

Vengeance:

Note: I choose Vengeance as it importantly helps prevent stun lock by starting your leech should you get hit before activating Static Strike. With enough DPS Vengeance also 1 shots packs.

Auras:

Note: War Banner can be switched with Dread Banner or Blood and Sand as preferred.

My other gems:

Note: Blood Rage generates frenzy charges for more damage and extends the duration of Phase Run. Dash is my choice of movement skill as we do not need to constantly use it (due to phase run), is almost instant cast (excellent for Uber Elder) and saves gem slots (as it does not need Faster Attacks).

Q&A

Spoiler
Q: Why not Berserker?

Spoiler
A: You can go Berserker if you like. I haven't experimented much with Berserker however a quick PoB check tells me the below.

PoB Check: https://pastebin.com/U3TXB9qF

Relative to Slayer:
+Significantly more DPS while still and attacking, and a little more DPS while moving. This would be due to the higher attack speed of Berserker (beams don't rely on attack speed but attacks do).
+More movement speed.
-More prone to stun (Slayer only needs to be leeching to be immune, Berserker needs 25 rage). This can be a big deal. You'll realise how important stun immunity is once you've died a few times to stun lock.
-No overleech (you could use Soul Tether but this will cost you stats)
-Take more damage (Berserker has "take more damage" while Slayer has "take reduced damage" and "enemies have -critical strike multiplier").
-Not bleed immune (you need to change your flasks).
-Slayer can get greater AOE (for map clearing) by taking Impact over Headsman Ascendancy.

PoB setup is Ancestral Warchief totem activated, Phase Run de-activated, “Always Moving” de-activated

Melee DPS: 7 mill (vs. 4 mill)
Beam DPS: 2.75 mill (vs. 2 mill)
Totem DPS: 5 mill (vs 2.5. mill)
TOTAL DPS: 14.75 mill+ (vs. 8.5 mill+)

AOE DPS while Moving:

PoB setup is Ancestral Warchief totem de-activated, Phase Run activated, “Always Moving” activated

Beam/TOTAL DPS: 4.5 mill+ (vs 3.5 mill+)

Q: Is Shaper's Touch BiS?

Spoiler
-I use this glove because it is accessible, strong and the curse on hit corruption is common.
-Note that this build has high dexterity so this unique glove adds a lot of increased melee physical damage.
-Mathil used a rare glove with conversion and his curse on hit is on a ring (assassins mark).
-You may be able to theory craft a better and achievable glove so please feel free to experiment if you wish.

Q: Why not Abyssus?

Spoiler
-If DPS is life then you can go Abyssus. It does add a ton of damage.
-You would need to re-balance your resistances if you wore Abyssus. This would likely mean you need to forego chaos resistance which further lowers your defences.
-It is safer and more noobie-friendly without it. Suggest you look at my Maze of the Minotaur T16 video. When I just engage the boss, I didn't have flasks up and the boss wasn't blinded yet. You'll notice I take a spike of damage from 2 hits (one from the boss and the other from rocks). I probably would have died there if I had Abyssus on.

Q: Leveling Tips?

Spoiler
I won't provide a level by level guide but some tips are below.

-You can use and level with Static Strike as early as level 12.
-To level and progress through to maps quickly, weapon and boots are most important.
-Swords: 2 x Redbeak (level 1), 2 x The Tempestuous Steel (Level 20), Terminus Est (Level 51), Voidforge (Level 67).

Note that the damage boost of Voidforge is massive and I would suggest getting a 6L rare chest (to 6L Static Strike) while you cannot afford a 6L Voidforge and 6L Loreweave yet.

-Tabula Rasa (chest) and Wanderlust (boots) are obvious leveling uniques.
-Other pieces are non-essential in getting you to maps quickly. I suggest you just use the gear you pick up, or buy cheap temporary gear (see gear section for desired stats), to save your currency.
-The above assumes you have access to uniques.

This build was my league starter so I had to make do with the best gear I could find while leveling.

Thank you for reading my guide. If you liked it and would like to see another one of my older guides, please search up “[3.5] Sustainable Deadeye Summoner || 8.3k eHP | Devouring Diadem | 1 mill+ DPS Uber Elder Deathless”.

I strongly encourage people to craft their own builds versus playing meta!

-StrikeAndHike (LvL 94 Static Strike Slayer)
Dernière édition par talonaus86, le 1 juil. 2019 01:22:23
Dernier bump le 10 sept. 2019 12:54:55
Hey there! Build looks great. Love the interaction between PR and SS. Any videos on Legion? I'd love to know how this build performs for Legion encounters. Would like to try this build for clearing the 5-Emblem Legion and other challenges.
"
Any videos on Legion? I'd love to know how this build performs for Legion encounters. Would like to try this build for clearing the 5-Emblem Legion and other challenges.

Sorry I don't have a video and I've used up all my emblems at the moment. I have done the 5 emblem and I was able to clear the bosses quite a few rounds (I didn't count though). All the bosses went down quite quickly except the templar boss but I think it's because he's naturally tanky.

Note that this build doesn't break out Legion encounters like ED (ED is quite broken for this mechanic).

If I can help with any more information feel free to ask.
Dernière édition par talonaus86, le 28 juin 2019 05:22:50
"
Any videos on Legion? I'd love to know how this build performs for Legion encounters. Would like to try this build for clearing the 5-Emblem Legion and other challenges.

I bought some emblems and made a video for you.

My laptop struggled while recording but it will give you an idea of what the build is like in there.

https://youtu.be/J_AorEghSQs
"
talonaus86 a écrit :
"

I bought some emblems and made a video for you.

My laptop struggled while recording but it will give you an idea of what the build is like in there.

https://youtu.be/J_AorEghSQs

Thanks so much! Wow, I'm actually really amazed by the results. The bosses other than templar were done in seconds. Thanks again, I'll definitely give this build a go once I'm able. UPVOTES!!!
Very interesting build...I played a lot in the past with this gem when i started the game...1 hand + shield:)
i wanna try again but i don't know what is the best...slayer or berserker vers.? ty
Dernière édition par BeneTleilax, le 30 juin 2019 00:42:45
"
Very interesting build...I played a lot in the past with this gem when i started the game...1 hand + shield:)
i wanna try again but i don't know what is the best...slayer or berserker vers.? ty

I haven't experimented with Berserker much but I did a quick check for you anyway. I hope the below helps. Feel free to experiment more.

PoB Test: https://pastebin.com/U3TXB9qF

Relative to Slayer:
+Significantly more DPS while still and attacking, and a little more DPS while moving. This would be due to the higher attack speed of Berserker (beams don't rely on attack speed but attacks do).
+More movement speed.
-More prone to stun (Slayer only needs to be leeching to be immune, Berserker needs 25 rage). This can be a big deal. You'll realise how important stun immunity is once you've died a few times to stun lock.
-No overleech (you could use Soul Tether but this will cost you stats)
-Take more damage (Berserker has "take more damage" while Slayer has "take reduced damage" and "enemies have -critical strike multiplier").
-Not bleed immune (you need to change your flasks).
-Slayer can get greater AOE (for map clearing) by taking Impact over Headsman Ascendancy.

Melee DPS: 7 mill (vs 4 mill)
Beam DPS: 2.75 mill (vs 2 mill)
Totem DPS: 5 mill (vs 2.5 mill)
TOTAL DPS: 14.75 mill+ (vs 8.5 mill+)

AOE DPS while Moving:

Beam/TOTAL DPS: 4.5 mill+ (vs 3.5 mill+)
Dernière édition par talonaus86, le 30 juin 2019 06:45:09
Is shaper gloves really BiS or is other rare glove better?
"

I use this glove because it is accessible, strong and the curse on hit corruption is common. Mathil used a rare glove with conversion and his curse on hit is on a ring (assassins mark).

Feel free to do some theory crafting yourself and push this build to its limits with a rare glove. If you come up with something good and achievable please share as I'm sure other community members will benefit with what you come up with.
Dernière édition par talonaus86, le 30 juin 2019 07:51:49
"
talonaus86 a écrit :
"

I use this glove because it is accessible, strong and the curse on hit corruption is common. Mathil used a rare glove with conversion and his curse on hit is on a ring (assassins mark).

Feel free to do some theory crafting yourself and push this build to its limits with a rare glove. If you come up with something good and achievable please share as I'm sure other community members will benefit with what you come up with.

Alright thanks, do you think abyssus helmet would be too risky?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires