[3.9] Bashtart's Block, Crit, Impale Cyclone Gladiator [fast dual-wielding, high dps]

"
Nojam a écrit :
Hello, thanks for the effort you are putting. I really like that you are going the block + Hemo gloves route since I was thinking exactly the same thing.

1) Why do you use Vengeance and not Riposte since you got so much block?

2) Does CWDT work well since you got so much block and you don't take damage often?

I'm thinking of going Block + Hemo for applying Curse but it's too soon to try (lvl 56 atm). Also I like Molten shell so I will invest in some armor too. Have you tried those?

Cheers

1) Riposte would also be a really good option. Not sure what is better tbh. From the PoB numbers riboste wins with more dps, higher proc rate (block chance) and lower cooldown.
2) It helps when you need it :)

Molten Shell is very good option I have not really tried it yet because my char is so strong that I have not felt it necessary to change something in while.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Dernière édition par bashtart, le 11 juin 2019 09:16:56
I'm using steelskin without CWDT and it also works well. I don't see any reason why molten shell would be bad, since you get extra armor maybe I will even swap steelskin for molten myself.
"
bashtart a écrit :
"
Nojam a écrit :
Hello, thanks for the effort you are putting. I really like that you are going the block + Hemo gloves route since I was thinking exactly the same thing.

1) Why do you use Vengeance and not Riposte since you got so much block?

2) Does CWDT work well since you got so much block and you don't take damage often?

I'm thinking of going Block + Hemo for applying Curse but it's too soon to try (lvl 56 atm). Also I like Molten shell so I will invest in some armor too. Have you tried those?

Cheers

1) Riposte would also be a really good option. Not sure what is better tbh. From the PoB numbers riboste wins with more dps, higher proc rate (block chance) and lower cooldown.
2) It helps when you need it :)

Molten Shell is very good option I have not really tried it yet because my char is so strong that I have not felt it necessary to change something in while.

Hi Bash! What about The Bringer of Rain Nightmare Bascinet for BS version? If it possible, what 4l setup? BS-Brutality-Pulverise-Fortify?
Not a bad build, but squishy af =/
"
Anakarr a écrit :
Not a bad build, but squishy af =/

squishy? not at all... once you get Versatile Combatant and a high enough block rate it gets really tanky.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
I like to play tanky characters that cannot die and dont care about damage or high dps builds. What are the chances of die with this build?
Hi buddy,
trying your build at new legion league, works awesome so far. Got to drop lyoneye crusader plate with some luck made it 5link (on 10 tries maybe) and using bladestorm + fortify + melee phys damage + maim + pulverise, blood and sand with flesh and stone, war banner and herald of ice, prismweave belt and yellow spike gloves with 20% phys damage top roll,30k dmg in base with 18 lvl gems without % increase (league start).. Tried on atziri so far and lioterally facetanked, same for lab. Works cool so far :)

this build was squishy till got the versatile combatant - now 65% chance of block spells and attacks alike, with vitality void and swagger its tanky like hell. really goooooood and cheap build - nice and thank you !

btw using steelskin manually only on bossfights, on cwdt i use stone golem, blood rage and ofc. immortal call.. Maybe i would recommend flame dash instead of dash and whirling blades +faster attack - makes character really fast mapclear bonus, plus thinking of switching blood rage for phasing.
Dernière édition par BLackocalypse, le 11 juin 2019 19:31:50
Just found this post and I'm happy to see that others are trying the build. I've been working on it a bit and I have ran block builds almost exclusively for the past 2+ years.
The main thing that I've seen on the skill tree is that "Bladedancer" and the nodes leading to it seems to give a little better numbers than "Razor's Edge". Just change the dex node that you take to get to "Swagger" and it's the same point investment.
Also, if you decide to go with "Arena Challenger" instead of "Blood in the Eyes" then picking up an Anvil won't really slow you down and can swap out one of the Prismatic Eclipse for something like an Ahn's Might or a really strong rare. The dps gain is pretty heavy and you won't even miss the movement speed with how fast you'll already be moving.
There are some interesting things that can be done with Varunastra as well but I would suggest picking up the chest enchant for block at that point.

Don't forget that you can run Curse on Hit with Riposte or Vengeance. You can also run culling/onslaught on them. Phase run in a cwdt setup won't really ever give you the movespeed but canceling the phase buff into the more phys damage buff is nice.
Bashtart, let me compliment you on your excellent video guide for 3.7 League recommended builds, very well done. I was all ready to use this build for a level 30 league character that I started, but have not yet allocated any skill points for yet. I was waiting until I had really decided on the build that I wanted before allocating the points I have in hand.

It turns out that the build is based on a Duelist, which baffles me. I'm back to the game after a few years away, but all the major melee builds were based on marauders back then (and have been based on the "barbarian" type of character going all the way back to the original Diablo, and even before).

Looking at the Skill Tree for this build, I see no way to make it work with a Marauder. My second choice was for your Cyclone Slayer build, which is also based on the Duelist. It appears I have wasted my time and am now stuck with a marauder and no worthwhile build that I would enjoy.
"
Reinold1 a écrit :
Bashtart, let me compliment you on your excellent video guide for 3.7 League recommended builds, very well done. I was all ready to use this build for a level 30 league character that I started, but have not yet allocated any skill points for yet. I was waiting until I had really decided on the build that I wanted before allocating the points I have in hand.

It turns out that the build is based on a Duelist, which baffles me. I'm back to the game after a few years away, but all the major melee builds were based on marauders back then (and have been based on the "barbarian" type of character going all the way back to the original Diablo, and even before).

Looking at the Skill Tree for this build, I see no way to make it work with a Marauder. My second choice was for your Cyclone Slayer build, which is also based on the Duelist. It appears I have wasted my time and am now stuck with a marauder and no worthwhile build that I would enjoy.

I really csn recommend my Ice Crash it all Juggernaut which is based on Marauder.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires