[3.7] Gladiator Max Block Herald of Agony starter to end game SSF HC viable

so I wanted to boost my clear speed, cause it felt a bit weak and I was having a bit of problem with legion clear, cause they won't trigger cwdt setups. So we end up going curse less which is huge hurt to damage.

Got to thinking, and decided to test and idea out.

What if we went dual claws, took the new claw block nodes, and feel / see how that goes.

Gives us the ability to trigger cast: projectile weakness, poachers mark, desecrate, spirit offering, vortex, shock nova.

Claws with trigger spells on skill are cheap, but we need to get shaper claws, and roll +# block chance while dual wielding if so we get back to max block of around 84ish or so. Then we craft or have crafted the trigger spells. Without the block chance we are around 70ish block. still easy enough to survive, but a bit more risky, but leveling through 90 and 91 was simple with only 1 maybe 2 deaths.

This greatly increases the clear speed of the build and it makes up for the legion clearing issue i've ran into.

As we are always casting our curses, shock nova, and vortex. Without having to wait till something hits us first.

Now do note we lose about 400-500 hp in general doing this and the only real way to make it up is to get the anvil with +1 curse, which is rare / hard to get / find. even more less the cost. That way we could run boots with lots of life on them. But it's not needed just keeps things a bit easier on life pool. I still have around 5500 life and with molten shell 7k effective life.

I hit lvl 91 with easy and am already working seamelessly through it, probably hit 92 in a few more hours of farming. Only times i've died with the claws, and I don't even have the block claw setup above yet. is when there are insane damage mods. For example I died against a legion pop with red fire walls all over, and 100 increased fire, and 100 increased lightning, with minus 12 max resist. Took an unexpected nose dive there. So there is a bit more risk. I wouldn't say this version is as HC friendly, but it clears much faster. If you play well it will do HC as well, just be much more mindful of dual damage rolls.

Here is a POB with the modified tree path. The items I still need to rework. I'll probably do a character snap shot tomorrow, if i can get the claws crafted.

https://pastebin.com/7qSzNL0R

One last thing to add is there is a small pain point but it's not bad. You have to keep in mind cyclone is a channel and only triggers spells on first use, it won't keep triggering while you channel. So you have to use other skills or "pump" the cyclone to trigger all the spells.

I'll make a video tomorrow of a few high level maps showing the new setup, and how it clears.
I'm in std so the clear speed isn't a problem for me, but I quickly got bothered by having to recast cyclone.
So I did this.
https://pastebin.com/nsbhMKWE
It can prolly be upgraded, I'm working on it continuously, but I like it this way. More automated, clear speed is okay (even in t16) and it's pretty much deathless, even when needing the rumi to reach max block. (Last death was a bunch of exploding mobs on death on an extra dmg to monsters map, doesn't happen often, did shaper deathless very easily, even tanked his beam for a few sec when I fucked up)
Just posting for anyone that wanna use it or tinker with it.
(Corrupted anvil is a huge help and I need to keep the devouring diadem because of mana costs tho)
Kinda forgot to say it before btw but thanks for the build, having a lots of fun with it!
Sup
Why my hypothermia not counted in POB?
How to up dps on guardians?
https://pastebin.com/bTBNJyZN
Ok so I bought a +1 to curses Anvil and a +3 empower, but I think id like to keep the 2 curses tbh. How do suggest setting that up from where im at right now? I cant seem to drop devouring bc i didnt find a +8 ring only +7, didnt realize thatd be such an issue. I guess i could buy a +8 but might have to buy new boots etc to make things work from there. Heres what i have atm

edit: may have just solved that with this

also gonna drop my stone golem and place Riposte in there to help proc spells
Dernière édition par latterus14, le 18 juin 2019 19:20:50
"
latterus14 a écrit :
Ok so I bought a +1 to curses Anvil and a +3 empower, but I think id like to keep the 2 curses tbh. How do suggest setting that up from where im at right now? I cant seem to drop devouring bc i didnt find a +8 ring only +7, didnt realize thatd be such an issue. I guess i could buy a +8 but might have to buy new boots etc to make things work from there. Heres what i have atm

Like your claw. Whats your block chance in Hideout?. I have 82/82 with advancing fortress and I fear if I change my claw i will miss a lot of block chance and I wanna play safe this build.
"
yissus a écrit :
"
latterus14 a écrit :

Like your claw. Whats your block chance in Hideout?. I have 82/82 with advancing fortress and I fear if I change my claw i will miss a lot of block chance and I wanna play safe this build.

62%. 82% with flask. I managed to take my old Skin of the Loyal that was 1R - 4G - 1B and vaal -50% dmg from crits on it. I may seriously just use that with pierce gem for map clear(until my new Ed/cont guy gets rolling) and swap to other chest piece for bossing.
Here is me running a t15 with beyond, 40+ monster life, -12 max resist, and like 90%+ damage. and syndicate.

Was pretty clean and easy.

at moment my block is 50 non-potion and 68% with.

I have my shaper claws that have +8 to block while dual wielding, I'm jsut waiting to finish unlocking the trigger spells craft so I can craft that on them. Then I'll be back to max block with potion. But to be honest I haven't had any problems with it against anything maps can throw at me with exception of reduced block chance it's the only and i mean only thing that makes the build go to crap in a hurry as far as mods.

I just did red elders in sleep mode. Should have a video later of uber elder guardians.

https://youtu.be/VO5F4M6f_ms
I'm still pushing for a corrupted anvil so I can swap boots out though.
The dual trigger claw setup though is working wonderfully.
"
keeperofstars a écrit :
so I wanted to boost my clear speed

What if we went dual claws...

I have a crazy idea...If you are going dual wielding. What if we put in the build a claw and an araakali fang to raise spiders togueter with the agony crawler?..There are builds with just the spiders with the same tree that we have and destroys everything..like this build...so we have the damage of a witch but the defense of a gladiator that the witch dont have..

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302798
Hey guys. who is the dps after the hoag nerf? is it any good? really want to play hoag again this league but I"m afraid that ggg totally killed it.
"
yissus a écrit :
"
keeperofstars a écrit :
so I wanted to boost my clear speed

What if we went dual claws...

I have a crazy idea...If you are going dual wielding. What if we put in the build a claw and an araakali fang to raise spiders togueter with the agony crawler?..There are builds with just the spiders with the same tree that we have and destroys everything..like this build...so we have the damage of a witch but the defense of a gladiator that the witch dont have..

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302798

the idea sounds great, but the skilltrees look quite different, not sure if you actually gain that much

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires