3.7| Stress Free PoE - COLD HEARTED CURSER |Clear the Atlas w/ YOUR Items @ YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Wrecker_of_Days a écrit :
Ya, the Block Happy Build should be good. As soon as I get through the Atlas I'll start typing the guide.

Congrats on getting to the Atlas! Take CI whenever you want. I take it really early. It just requires a different playstyle where you have to remember that you need to escape combat for a second to heal as you can't use a flask to heal (with exceptions of course). In terms of Energy Shield Regen (Life Regen), every little bit helps...if it's worth what you're removing. If it takes 10 nodes for 6% and you have to remove a 4 link that you like, then it likely isn't worth it. If it takes 2 nodes to get 6% and you get rid of one skill gem that doesn't change the foundation of your build, then it'd be worth it. Typically in PoE, everything is earned in small amounts. Everything requires investment for it to be a large value. So don't go too far out of your way for Life Regen unless your going to commit to it. They work really well with CI though. Very good observation.

Vortex does improved damage as you get all 4 Ascendancy nodes. Your last two Ascendancy nodes deal A TON of damage. Play around with that once you get there and see what you think. You could always Dual Wield if it isn't enough for you. If you take a look at this video if you don't want to bother trying it out. My gear is mediocre, my gems aren't level 20 yet, let alone 20/20, my weapon isn't the strongest, and I'm wielding a defensive shield. It's Desert Springs, currently T15. I zone out a bit in the Abyssal Depths, but it'll give you a good idea of damage and survivability.

Awesome! Thanks for the explanation and the link! I just recently finished the merciless lab and am working on the uber one. I'm on 5k+ energy shield and it works fine most of the time. Level 80 and counting! ^^
I revamped the Gear section, added helpful (and unhelpful mods), and added more detail to the Tips link.

Don't go out of your way, but if you see anything, let me know if you see any errors or anything missing.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
As someone that has never played DOT or Vortex builds, I felt it would be nice if there was a section of possible uniques to use, especially for people that don't know about poe.ninja's build viewer. (Unless I'm blind and I don't see one).
Dernière édition par MeLikeChoco, le 3 juil. 2019 18:34:12
Hello, I am no expert but the only one I think that is a must have is this one :

But it's more related to our ES build than Vortex or DOTs.
There are other threads focused on that I guess :).
"
cybR_Uriel a écrit :
"
MeLikeChoco a écrit :
As someone that has never played DOT or Vortex builds, I felt it would be nice if there was a section of possible uniques to use, especially for people that don't know about poe.ninja's build viewer. (Unless I'm blind and I don't see one).
Hello, I am no expert but the only one I think that is a must have is this one :

But it's more related to our ES build than Vortex or DOTs.
There are other threads focused on that I guess :).
Hey MeLikeChoco,

The list of possible uniques would be HUGE...even if it was just for weapons, let alone all the other armour and items. So I just included mods to look for or craft:

"Weapon Mods:
The Damage Over Time of Vortex benefits from:
- Increases to Cold Damage
- Increases to Damage Over Time
- Increases to Spell Damage
- Increases to Cold Damage Over Time Multiplier
- "More" of any of the above. In PoE, the term "More" is much stronger than "Increased". So choose "More" over "Increased" when you can.

The Damage Over Time of Vortex does NOT benefit from:
- Adding Cold Damage
- Adding Cold Damage to Spells (this only applies to Vortex's Hit)
- Improving Cast Speed (Vortex casts instantly so Cast Speed is pointless for us.)"

I like the belt that cybR_Uriel posted lots. There are belts with more ES, but the ES Recharge is awesome.

I have a soft spot for the Heartbreaker. Dual Wielding those is fun. There are stronger weapons of course, but every mod on the weapon works for us and it even gives some good defense too.

I appreciate your honest suggestion.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
What do you think about that unique staff that gives spell and cold damage (~level 60 req)? A 6 link of that is around 1ex. Is that the best for 1ex until I get a better wand+somethingelse.
"
MeLikeChoco a écrit :
What do you think about that unique staff that gives spell and cold damage (~level 60 req)? A 6 link of that is around 1ex. Is that the best for 1ex until I get a better wand+somethingelse.
Are you referring to Taryn's Shiver? It seems like a great weapon, obviously only if your Vortex links were in that instead of the chest. It'd be a good choice for sure. Just keep in mind that all the gems/links are important to the build except the movement skill (arguably). So make sure your gems we'd normally have socketed in both weapons are properly linked in your chest.

In terms of Taryn's Shiver being the best? I doubt it. For 1ex? Maybe? +2 to cold gems is awesome for sure, but there are some astonishingly powerful rares that will exceed the damage output of Taryn's Shiver. The thing about PoE is that there are SO many mods that can roll on Rares and SO many different Uniques, that unless the build NEEDS a specific mod, it's really hard to categorize weapons as "best". I don't mean to discourage you with a vague response, that's just PoE. Your weapon suggestion is great! No reason to switch out of it if you don't need the ES a shield would give you either. Keep it if you can afford it.

Does that help?

Annnnnd

But in the range of 1ex? I've found insane wands/sceptres, but they're all in the range of 5+ex shrug

Also, I found if you reroute the tree to take the right jewel slot instead of the left jewel slot above scion/below witch, you can socket in Energy Within.

Edit: Why not Elemental Focus instead of Arcane Surge for Vortex? We don't benefit from cast speed and the increased spell damage is less than the increased ele damage from ele focus. Ele focus doesn't stop Vortex from chilling either since the second effect only applies to hits, aka the initial cast and not the "over time" effect.
Dernière édition par MeLikeChoco, le 5 juil. 2019 19:12:58
"
MeLikeChoco a écrit :
But in the range of 1ex? I've found insane wands/sceptres, but they're all in the range of 5+ex shrug
Like I said, the weapon is a great weapon and wouldn't be a bad purchase at all. And it's hard to find appropriate 6 links for less.

"
Also, I found if you reroute the tree to take the right jewel slot instead of the left jewel slot above scion/below witch, you can socket in Energy Within.
That's an awesome jewel! Good modification to the tree with no consequence at all!

Edit: Why not Elemental Focus instead of Arcane Surge for Vortex? We don't benefit from cast speed and the increased spell damage is less than the increased ele damage from ele focus. Ele focus doesn't stop Vortex from chilling either since the second effect only applies to hits, aka the initial cast and not the "over time" effect.Very good point. If you're 6 linking I'd get rid of Hypothermia instead. It'll do the less damage than Arcane Surge. Even though I don't focus on the Hit damage of Vortex, the reason I don't have Elemental Focus is because I like the chance to Freeze. That's really the only reason. So if you don't care about that, add it in for sure. Great observation!

Good finds and suggestions!

Annnnnd

Dernière édition par Wrecker_of_Days, le 5 juil. 2019 19:53:08
I am running this build right now and having a lot of fun with it. Great guide. But I was curious: was there any way to make it clear Legion mobs better? I am having a tough time unlocking generals or any other special mobs atm.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires