[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Hello, great written guide for the build, i've tried to follow as closely as possible within my budget, but i find that my barrage damage it's pretty terrible in comparison to yours on the videos of 30 ex budget. Could you take a look at my character and maybe point me some north to what to do ?

Code POB: https://pastebin.com/EwxwAS4a
Character name: DelvePlaysMe
Cool build. No mana issues with barrage on single target? Using mana leech node/mod on gear somewhere?
"
emanoel357 a écrit :
Hello, great written guide for the build, i've tried to follow as closely as possible within my budget, but i find that my barrage damage it's pretty terrible in comparison to yours on the videos of 30 ex budget. Could you take a look at my character and maybe point me some north to what to do ?

Code POB: https://pastebin.com/EwxwAS4a
Character name: DelvePlaysMe

The setup I used in the video had around 2.7 mil POB shaper dps (factoring in vaal haste/blood rage/golem which weren't up most of the uber fight), 2.5mil if I equip headhunter. Based on the POB you sent you have around 1.8 mil, and probably 2mil+ if u use a rare belt. This damage disparity seems mostly due to level difference and a rare belt, and slightly more dps oriented gear.

How bad is the damage for you currently? Are you struggling on regular maps?
Did you check to see if it was an issue with mana sustain? Without the mana on hit jewel I also noticed my dps was considerably worse because I couldn't sustain barrage if I accidentally missed a shot. This may be hard to spot by just looking at the animation or your mana globe alone. I used +2 mana on hit whereas you have +1, which gave me significantly more recovery per second. Do you see inconsistency in your hits? Like you deal a chunk of damage on one hit and then all of a sudden nothing? Perhaps try removing a herald, or get a random +2 mana on hit jewel and test to see if your damage has improved? Are you firing barrage only when you are certain to land a hit? Or do you begin firing prematurely and perhaps miss a couple shots, which leads to no mana recovery and then you're stuck with a default attack? This was often the problem for me when I first played the build.

As for your setup, there's a bunch of little things that can be improved which will add up to a lot more damage. I suggest you don't path down to Harrier and instead take all the jewel slots within 3 nodes that you can find (if you have jewels). If you don't have enough jewels, you can also connect your tree through Ring of Blades rather than the dex node. This requires only 2 additional passives but you gain a good amount of damage. A couple more levels will also improve your damage greatly. A pair of 2 socket bubonics with a good enchant like flat cold will be a difference maker also.

The main things gearwise that can be improved are your rings and more abyss jewels. I see you are struggling to cap resists, and I think it's partly due to your helm having only two resists on it and also headhunter. If you can afford to later, you should hoard some deafening/shrieking essences of hatred/anger/wrath try to hit double T2+ resists, a decent life roll, and mastercraft a 20% dual resist on there. A shaper base is harder to roll because of the bigger mod pool, but it still won't be too difficult unless you get really bad rng and doing so will free up your rings for a lot more damage. You want at least one T1 damage mod on each of your rings and it will contribute greatly to damage. T2+ WED or T1+ crit multi (elder)/T1 %proj damage (elder), or T1 flat phys are your best bets. The elder mods are suffixes so it may be hard to find one with life gain on hit and also resists.

For my setup I didn't use a headhunter so I could get resists much more easily via belt. Using a headhunter will probably require more investment in jewelry unfortunately. You can round out your resists using normal jewels with +%hybrid resists mod, but I would suggest the jewel have at least 2 damage mods + life.

I have to admit I was expecting jewels to be easier to find this league. Last league there were tons of good phys wander searching eye jewels listed for weeks at dirt cheap prices, but I've been monitoring the market this league and they are getting bought out much faster. This could also be due to synthesis league being less popular, so there's less of a supply. You may need to have a live search up for them. I see solid 3 mod ones for <60c appear somewhat frequently but they usually get bought out within an hour. I was originally expecting people to acquire a full set of abyss jewels no problem, but it seems non-abyss may be the way to go if decent 4 mod ones can be found for cheaper. I'll look into this later and update the non-abyss jewel section a bit more.

If you have any other questions please let me know, and keep me updated on the status of your build. You'll find that making small improvements will add up to a lot more damage in the long run; there's not really a single item that will suddenly give your build tons of dps, it will just be gradual improvements to stuff, mainly jewelry + jewels that will be the biggest difference maker.
Dernière édition par Enahkra, le 25 mars 2019 19:33:08
"
sourtimer a écrit :
Cool build. No mana issues with barrage on single target? Using mana leech node/mod on gear somewhere?

Thanks, and yes you definitely need a mana leech node and at least one +2 mana gain on hit mod on a non-abyss jewel or the elder ring. Without these there will be sustain issues. I find that using Maim instead of Cold Pen helps also since mana cost is lower, but pen may be more dps depending on your setup. If sustain is still bad, you should drop a herald temporarily
Dernière édition par Enahkra, le 25 mars 2019 19:23:50
"
The setup I used in the video had around 2.7 mil POB shaper dps (factoring in vaal haste/blood rage/golem which weren't up most of the uber fight), 2.5mil if I equip headhunter. Based on the POB you sent you have around 1.8 mil, and probably 2mil+ if u use a rare belt. This damage disparity seems mostly due to level difference and a rare belt, and some gear.

How bad is the damage for you currently? Are you struggling on regular maps?
Did you check to see if it was an issue with mana sustain? Without the mana on hit jewel I also noticed my dps was considerably worse because I couldn't sustain barrage if I accidentally missed a shot. This may be hard to spot by just looking at the animation or your mana globe alone. I used +2 mana on hit whereas you have +1, which gave me significantly more recovery per second. Do you see inconsistency in your hits? Like you deal a chunk of damage on one hit and then all of a sudden nothing? Perhaps try removing a herald, or get a random +2 mana on hit jewel and test to see if your damage has improved? Are you firing barrage only when you are certain to land a hit? Or do you begin firing prematurely and perhaps miss a couple shots, which leads to no mana recovery and then you're stuck with a default attack? This was often the problem for me when I first played the build.

As for your setup, there's a bunch of little things that can be improved which will add up to a lot more damage. I suggest you don't path down to Harrier and instead take all the jewel slots within 3 nodes that you can find (if you have jewels). If you don't have enough jewels, you can also connect your tree through Ring of Blades rather than the dex node. This requires only 2 additional passives but you gain a good amount of damage. A couple more levels will also improve your damage greatly. A pair of 2 socket bubonics with a good enchant like flat cold will be a difference maker also.

The main things gearwise that can be improved are your rings and more abyss jewels. I see you are struggling to cap resists, and I think it's partly due to your helm having only two resists on it. If you can afford to later, you should hoard some deafening/shrieking essences of hatred/anger/wrath try to hit double T2+ resists, a decent life roll, and mastercraft a 20% dual resist on there. A shaper base is harder to roll because of the bigger mod pool, but it still won't be too difficult unless you get really bad rng and doing so will free up your rings for a lot more damage. You want at least one T1 damage mod on each of your rings and it will contribute greatly to damage. T2+ WED or T1+ crit multi (elder)/T1 %proj damage (elder), or T1 flat phys are your best bets. The elder mods are suffixes so it may be hard to find one with life gain on hit and also resists.
For my setup I didn't use a headhunter so I could get resists much more easily via belt. Using a headhunter will probably require more investment in jewelry unfortunately. You can round out your resists using normal jewels with +%hybrid resists mod, but I would suggest the jewel have at least 2 damage mods + life.
I have to admit I was expecting jewels to be easier to find this league. Last league there were tons of good phys wander searching eye jewels listed for weeks at dirt cheap prices, but I've been monitoring the market this league and they are getting bought out much faster. This could also be due to synthesis league being less popular, so there's less of a supply. You may need to have a live search up for them. I see solid 3 mod ones for <60c appear somewhat frequently but they usually get bought out within an hour. I was originally expecting people to acquire a full set of abyss jewels no problem, but it seems non-abyss may be the way to go if decent 4 mod ones can be found for cheaper. I'll look into this later and update the non-abyss jewel section a bit more.

If you have any other questions please let me know, and keep me updated on the status of your build. You'll find that making small improvements will add up to a lot more damage in the long run; there's not really a single item that will suddenly give your build tons of dps, it will just be gradual improvements to stuff, mainly jewelry + jewels that will be the biggest difference maker.

Thank's for this great reply, it's really awesome of you to take the time to detail so well. I've already respect some of the points into more jewel nodes like you said it, and already feels a little bit better, i'll try on the will of blades catch and now that you mentioned i really think the issue might be mana, i tend to miss a lot of shots on barrage, because sometimes i take a good chunk of life from the boss and in others i just don't do damage at all and get one shotted.

"
Are you struggling on regular maps?

So far it's been 50/50, in some hours i just simply stroll through the map without getting hit by nothing and some other i get one shotted 3 times on the same map, i hope all this issues comes back to mana.

I i'll try to make some changes and i'll come back to you, again thank's for the reply and attention to the thread.
"
Thank's for this great reply, it's really awesome of you to take the time to detail so well. I've already respect some of the points into more jewel nodes like you said it, and already feels a little bit better, i'll try on the will of blades catch and now that you mentioned i really think the issue might be mana, i tend to miss a lot of shots on barrage, because sometimes i take a good chunk of life from the boss and in others i just don't do damage at all and get one shotted.

No problem :)

Yeah, barrage is definitely not an easy skill to use. It requires a slightly different strategy depending on the specific boss, etc. that can take some trial and error to figure out. When there's a lot of random adds around the boss barrage starts auto targetting random monsters instead of the boss so sometimes when it gets cluttered, I have to wipe the screen with KB first before I can begin dealing with the boss. Not sure if you've encountered this situation at all.

Hopefully GGG releases a more wand-friendly single target skill in the near future, so we don't have to facetank as much. I'll try to include some tips later in my guide for how to approach the shaper/guardians/uber elder in the most efficient ways.

"
So far it's been 50/50, in some hours i just simply stroll through the map without getting hit by nothing and some other i get one shotted 3 times on the same map, i hope all this issues comes back to mana.

I i'll try to make some changes and i'll come back to you, again thank's for the reply and attention to the thread.

No problem man. I think with a few more levels, and better jewels, you will have around 5.5kish life with taste of hate which makes you tanky enough to do most content with minimal issues. Currently with less than 5k life it can be tough for harder content. Stun might be a big problem so brine king/heart of oak might be worth trying out too. I find that the harder the content, the less useful a life flask is, mainly because your biggest cause of deaths are 1 shots from random mechanics like Betrayal syndicate. I find chemist's basalt of warding etc. to be much more helpful in those cases. Especially because vulnerability maps can be very rippy

Best of luck, let me know once you make some changes.

Dernière édition par Enahkra, le 25 mars 2019 21:20:12
Added a bonus uber elder guide section for how to approach each phase etc. Will add more bossing sections in the future.
Well Iv pretty much given up on crafting the helm it just likes to go life and resists so i said screw it and bought one just lacking the enchant. Keeps giving me arc chance to shock. If anyone wants to save me time I have a Lightning based wander -resist helm with the enchant for trade
Rarity: Rare
Maelström Brow
Necromancer Circlet
--------
Quality: +29% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 67 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Int: 112
--------
Sockets: R-R-B-G
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
Barrage fires an additional Projectile
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Immolate
+102 to maximum Life
2% increased maximum Life
+46% to Lightning Resistance
18% increased Ignite Duration on Enemies
Nearby Enemies have -9% to Lightning Resistance
+1 to Level of Socketed Projectile Gems (crafted)
Projectiles Pierce an additional Target (crafted)
--------
Elder Item
--------

Dernière édition par ssgtparker, le 26 mars 2019 00:05:17
"
ssgtparker a écrit :
Well Iv pretty much given up on crafting the helm it just likes to go life and resists so i said screw it and bought one just lacking the enchant. Keeps giving me arc chance to shock. If anyone wants to save me time I have a Lightning based wander -resist helm with the enchant for trade
Rarity: Rare
Maelström Brow
Necromancer Circlet
--------
Quality: +29% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 67 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Int: 112
--------
Sockets: R-R-B-G
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
Barrage fires an additional Projectile
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Immolate
+102 to maximum Life
2% increased maximum Life
+46% to Lightning Resistance
18% increased Ignite Duration on Enemies
Nearby Enemies have -9% to Lightning Resistance
+1 to Level of Socketed Projectile Gems (crafted)
Projectiles Pierce an additional Target (crafted)
--------
Elder Item
--------

What kind of helm were you trying to craft? I think life + as much resists as possible on the helm is the best option, as it frees up your rings for more damage. 2 resists + high flat life + mastercrafted 20% hybrid resists can get u 130%+ via shrieking hatred/anger/wrath essences. the -% cold resists mod does give a good amount of damage but it will be much harder to roll
Dernière édition par Enahkra, le 26 mars 2019 00:20:14
Basicaly that helm with -cold vs the lightning. Unless theres an as easy way to just go lightning but that would require a new watchers eye cause I don't have that one.

I mean i have the helm just farming the enchant sucks atm lab is being unkind.
Dernière édition par ssgtparker, le 26 mars 2019 01:41:23

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires