[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

The legion encounters you have to play a get in get out play style due to how hard they rock ppl you have to time your barrage for kills and rely on lgoh and leach to get the packs down. Don't forget the power of wall banging things down when you can.
Dernière édition par ssgtparker, le 19 juin 2019 05:16:35
"
z4ktan a écrit :

I checked out both your POBs and there were some factors that slightly skewed the dps + life towards dual wielding, such as the "Intimidate on Hit" effect being checkmarked despite using rare gloves, ele weakness active, not speccing into Assassination node, etc. For a fair comparison it's best to control for all variables other than the weapons and passive tree. The life difference I ended up with was slightly over 200. Nonetheless your overall conclusion is reasonable. The ~20% damage difference might not justify an extra ~4% more life. However, there are a few other things not considered in the POB analysis.

With shield charge + fortify becoming a thing you'll have ~1.2k extra life during rippy situations. So with fortify up you're looking at around 7-7.2k life excluding TOH + Wise Oak versus dual wielding with only ~5.8k. This is pretty significant. Another minor thing is that dual wielding gives a little less block chance. But the last thing is regarding the shield slot. The biggest reason why I suggested shields for temp league is because I'm not expecting people to be wise oak balanced. Therefore, the shield slot can be used to stack a lot of resists and make it easier to get high dps gear in other places to compensate. In your POB setup, you assumed that the shield slot would give no advantages other than life (the 220 accuracy gives nothing due to Precision). Realistically the shield can carry quite a bit of damage. As an example, mods on an ES shield can provide up to 70+% cold damage which is significant. ES/armor hybrids can roll %all res, which means you can replace one of the resist rolls on your ring with damage, etc. Since you're using Wise Oak, the logic of stacking resists on the shield may not apply as it would screw up wise oak balancing. This is why there's a bit of a disadvantage for you that isn't present for most temp league wanders. To get around this, you would aim to get a shield with high life + 2-3 damage mods rather than resists. Having mods such as %cold as extra chaos, and %increased damage(s) for prefixes, and a mastercrafted double damage suffix roll can reduce the dps gap between dual wield and wand + shield significantly, probably down to ~10% difference. All resists can also roll on shields, so getting that mod means you can replace the all resist mod on your ring for damage. These things were not factored into your POB analysis and it's hard to without knowing what sort of shield you'd end up with in the final setup.

Also, since you're using legacy vinktar, instant leech doesn't actually count as "leeching". Therefore, Energy Leech gem has to be substituted with something like added cold instead.

Overall it's up to you. There are merits to both styles of wanding. I personally don't think non-mirrored wands have enough pdps to justify dual-wielding, since the 20% more physical damage bonus from dual wielding is partially wasted. With ~10mil shaper dps you can down pretty much any boss within seconds, and a ~1.2-1.4k ish ehp advantage will matter more than ~10-20% damage.

With mirrored wands and legacy abyss jewels, you could reach high enough pdps where it would make sense to actually focus on scaling it, rather than the setup you currently have which tries to balance between flat ele and phys. This compromise between flat ele and flat phys is what makes dual wielding far less effective without mirrored wands. In your setup the dps difference is estimated at ~10-20% difference, but for a mirrored wand comparison, this difference is closer to 40%, which would justify dual wielding over shields, at least in my view.

I think for that price it's worth just using those multi-modded rings. I wouldn't suggest upgrading them unless you could afford an older generation mirrored ring such as Bramble Eye/Grim Nail. Most likely no ring below 40-50 ex will provide more damage than those multimodded rings in std.

I think I've occasionally seen amulet bases listed in previous temp leagues with 3x T1s for only a few exalts. You should try putting up a livesearch see if you can snag one of those 3x T1 damage and then multimod it. If you can't find one, that amulet in your POB is probably the best 2-mod combination possible for a multimodded amulet and will be solid enough. I would also avoid accuracy rolls on any jewely slot and rely on Precision for all the required accuracy instead.

Since the build isn't one with a lot of %dodge/block, and enemy accuracy has been buffed, you'll get hit quite a bit. Most likely your Hale Negator would only heal you by 3% in most situations, which is pretty insignificant. You're better off using a Starkonja since the build will be socket-starved. Having Vaal Haste or Grace in there will be a bigger difference than the Hale Negator's effect IMO, since the vaal aura effect would last for the full duration of most boss fights for you.

Let me know if I missed anything, it's pretty late and I'm tired so I may not have answered all your questions. I'm pretty much rambling at this point lol.
"
Dragodemon3 a écrit :
Hi there!

The curse on hit isn't working with frost bomb and projectile weakness. The funny thing is if I unequip curse on hit, it works fine. It actually auto casts itself when I use kinetic blast, even without curse on hit.

As Illmtk also mentioned; that's the reason why Poet's Pen is so good for levelling. Because it auto procs anything in your wand. So Curse on Hit isn't necessary until you upgrade out of Poet's Pen. I usually put a golem in there since I'm too lazy to refresh them.

"
demilios a écrit :

Some of the passives are lit but icon not glowing as it should be, so I'm confused whether to go for those and also did you put a point in the Projectile Damage at the start? And also some skills are not activated per se even though the skill lines go past them.
Not very clear on how to proceed because I just came back to PoE after 2 years*, sorry if I'm inconveniencing you. (Not sure how many years it has been since the start of PoE, played for quite a bit then and stopped)

And which perk should I go for, for the Bandits quest for Act 2?

You want to go for Alira as the bandit reward. Also based on your picture the tree is perfectly normal. Yeah it can be hard to tell sometimes; the tree on the POB link might be easier to visualize. You should look closely at the nodes rather than the lines. I don't get why GGG decided to make the lines light up despite not having a node at the end of it. I wish they could make it more clear.

Also, it depends for the proj damage node. Most likely you won't take it unless you had an extra point to spare but no clusters you can finish. That %proj damage node is just a spot where you can temporarily spec in a spare point, but will eventually respec out of it once you have enough points to complete a node cluster.
"
BastionMain a écrit :
Thank you very much for such a detailed and quick answer! Seems like I hit the jackpot there
So now if I multimod I will able to craft only 2 prefixes, right? Should I do it?
I can go for life and proj damage/speed, actually I've never used +1 minimum frenzy craft and don't know how it works
What should I do next with this? Any tips please? :)

Wow that is ridiculous. Can't believe you managed to hit the multi. I think it's probably still worth multimodding, but yeah you won't be able to hit the +1 minimum frenzy. It basically just guarantees you'll always have 1 frenzy charge up which is a permanent %more damage + attack speed multiplier. But if you have a source of frenzy charge generation such as Farrul's it becomes pointless since it doesn't increase the maximum # of frenzies you can have. I think you're just better off crafting a life roll and probably WED using multimod.
Dernière édition par Enahkra, le 19 juin 2019 05:55:45
"
Xenhil a écrit :
Hi there. My current gear:

First of all, I want to thank you for extremely detailed build. Really appreciate the time it took to describe everything!

I have a single issue with your build tho. Played ED as a started so maybe I haven't felt it enough, but still... legion encounters are just destroying me hard. I can't tank it for a millisecond to one-shot rares with Barrage, instead I got oneshotted by them pretty often.

It's so retarted that at 80 lvl I could enter T15 map and just breeze through it like nothing, finishing the map in less than 2 minutes and oneshoting boss. But the moment I touch Timeless Monolith, even in yellow tiers, I'm dead. Seriously, I don't get it. Your build has tons of defence layers (still missing Fortify, but that's going to be patched soon), but I can't stand legion encounters at all, even in low tier maps.

I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something. I know that my gear is far from being optimised (jewellery is best possible I could find in a reasonable price), but if I'm able to crush high tier content and be afraid because of legion in T7 map... that's really weird. Please, help me find mistakes I make, thanks in advance!

Sadly GGG tends to overtune new league content as you probably already know. A lot of builds are struggling with the level of damage output from those monolith rares. This is probably a weakness to the build that can't be completely eliminated, esp since wanders in general aren't naturally tanky. Once you get a few more levels and finish the Thick Skin cluster you should feel somewhat tankier. I suggest you eventually switch to the defensive skilltree by sacrificing some damage and try to phase out Conqueror's Potency (unless you're planning on using HH).

The fortify should help a lot. I think you'll notice it right away.

I've been very busy and haven't had time to play this league, so I've had to rely on secondhand experience from guildmate testing out the build for me. Thus, I can't really speak from personal experience about how to effectively do the legion encounters. My guildie mentioned the monoliths being rippy yet doable most of the time. He does have more life and is using the defensive skilltree though, so perhaps that configuration might be mandatory this league to reduce the chances of one-shot. I heard from him that the enemies can do quite a bit of chaos damage, so it might be worth trying Atziri's promise instead of Wise Oak. You aren't running a Warding flask so for Vulnerability maps it can hurt a lot. Maybe try a Basalt of Warding or Diamond of Warding and see if it helps.

Once fortify works with wands and you gain a few more levels and test out Atziri's/basalt let me know if it's still as big of an issue as before. Being immortally tanky is probably something impossible for wanders though, most likely you'll face occasional deaths :/

A big issue with barrage is that it randomly auto-targets when multiple enemies are nearby, so when you try to use it on a rare while surrounded by other mobs, your barrage might not actually target the rare and you get hit by a combination of mobs while lacking any life recovery resulting in a rip. I never use barrage unless there's only one monster in the vicinity. You probably were already aware of this, but a strategy for monoliths that some have mentioned is to make sure you've cleared everything before you take on the rares. Don't think this really applies to you but I guess it's something worth mentioning.
Dernière édition par Enahkra, le 19 juin 2019 06:36:13
sorry for the continuous multi-posting; trying to answer everyone's questions.

I'm going to be on vacation for 2-3 weeks, so I won't be able to answer everyone's questions promptly. If you guys can help each other out it would be great.
Dernière édition par Enahkra, le 19 juin 2019 06:28:30
Just a quick question :p

If i use the hillock rank 3 bench on this will quality go up with 8% then or how does it exactly work?
"
OppaHyuna a écrit :
Just a quick question :p

If i use the hillock rank 3 bench on this will quality go up with 8% then or how does it exactly work?

Yes, if you use Hillock 3 on it it will go up to 44% which is 8% increased phys damage. This is a good chunk of dps since its a local modifier not global.
Stupid crafting item/mod question - does a hybrid phys%/accuracy prefix prevent you from crafting pure phys% on an item? Randomly IDed an Imbued Wand with Flaring, the aforementioned hybrid roll, a junk prefix and a solo suffix; wondering whether it's worth gambling on of my few Annulments in SSF for a free prefix if you are able to craft pure phys% etc.

(I feel like this would be an easy question to find an answer to, but I must be using the wrong terminology - obviously 'blocking'/'locking' have different meanings with crafting, heh)
"
Haasts a écrit :
Stupid crafting item/mod question - does a hybrid phys%/accuracy prefix prevent you from crafting pure phys% on an item? Randomly IDed an Imbued Wand with Flaring, the aforementioned hybrid roll, a junk prefix and a solo suffix; wondering whether it's worth gambling on of my few Annulments in SSF for a free prefix if you are able to craft pure phys% etc.

(I feel like this would be an easy question to find an answer to, but I must be using the wrong terminology - obviously 'blocking'/'locking' have different meanings with crafting, heh)

Yes you can mastercraft pure phys % and also hybrid phys%/accuracy. If the hybrid phys % + accuracy is T1 or maybe T2, it will give damage similar to the 16% ele pen with weapons mastercraft, which would save you 1 ex in the crafting process. It'll depend on how many annuls you have. If the suffix is bad and needs to be wiped it would be a ~1/6 chance to get rid of both mods so do it if you value 2 annuls at less than 1/6 of an exalt. I wouldn't suggest using prefix can't be changed to lock the prefixes or anything that would be too costly for it to be worth it.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires