[3.13] ESSENCE DRAIN / BANE / SOULREND Occultist / Trickster Build. STARTER & UBER Elder Carry!

"
givemelight a écrit :
So after reading gems details, and watching your video, I'm starting to form my opinion on Soulrend:
* It's way faster and deals more dps to cast while channeling on Blight. As you bring cast speed from 0.80 to 0.35, and also you have to keep casting for it to keep doing more damage = same playstyle as channeling.

This is my thinking too, but if you're leeching this much, I would just discard energy shield recharge completely and go Trickster. Something like:

https://pastebin.com/fAmEeth1

10k ES, 10k evade and 740k pre-patch essence drain (>1M in 3.6 I think) with middling gear. To use CWC Soulrend we'd need to grab all the +maximum energy shield leech nodes unfortunately, but I bet it gets disgusting damage.

Edit: Trickster gets frenzy and power charges from channeling, but it doesn't look like you can make much use of these in this build.

"
givemelight a écrit :
* With new Spreading Rot + "Withering presence" from Occultist, we will inflict 12 stacks of "Wither" within 2 seconds of channeling Blight. Very powerful for both: clearing and bossing.

Occultist is only giving you 1 wither a second here, blight will give you 4-6 per second per spreading rot jewel (I get about 6.5 cast rate with Trickster).
Dernière édition par Crêpo, le 7 mars 2019 16:07:03
"
Crêpo a écrit :
"
givemelight a écrit :
So after reading gems details, and watching your video, I'm starting to form my opinion on Soulrend:
* It's way faster and deals more dps to cast while channeling on Blight. As you bring cast speed from 0.80 to 0.35, and also you have to keep casting for it to keep doing more damage = same playstyle as channeling.

This is my thinking too, but if you're leeching this much, I would just discard energy shield recharge completely and go Trickster. Something like:

10k ES, 10k evade and 740k pre-patch essence drain (>1M in 3.6 I think) with middling gear. To use CWC Soulrend we'd need to grab all the +maximum energy shield leech nodes unfortunately, but I bet it gets disgusting damage.

Edit: Trickster gets frenzy and power charges from channeling, but it doesn't look like you can make much use of these in this build.

"
givemelight a écrit :
* With new Spreading Rot + "Withering presence" from Occultist, we will inflict 12 stacks of "Wither" within 2 seconds of channeling Blight. Very powerful for both: clearing and bossing.

Occultist is only giving you 1 wither a second here, blight will give you 4-6 per second per spreading rot jewel (I get about 6.5 cast rate with Trickster).

blight cwc soulrend sounds really amazing, would love to follow that build
"
Crêpo a écrit :
... if you're leeching this much, I would just discard energy shield recharge completely and go Trickster. Something like:

You make a good point, Trickster is indeed a good choice. But we have to keep few things in mind:

Frenzy adds 4% more dps per charge. 16% more for 4 charges (with swift killer), but "Prolonged Pain" is better with 20% more and 20% duration.

ES Leech needs investment in "Maximum total recovery per second from ES leech" , and it would still be like 1500 per second cap. With "Ghost Reaver" it hits 3k, and other 500 from regeneration. That's where evasion should help I guess, so it give Trickster a chance. And probably Infused channeling adds other layer of defense.

But keep in mind, on the other hand, Occultist can have 9k per second recharge rate with 1.2 sec delay, and taking damage not stopping recharge.

"
"
givemelight a écrit :

The base duration of wither from new spreading Rot is 2 seconds. The base duration for Withered from Occultist is 15 seconds. So with 5 casts per second, and without occultist, max stacks would be 9. And it would drop to zero in 2 seconds.

With Occultist alone, it would take 15 seconds to build up full stacks. Ok for bosses, but not very helpful for clearing.. Combining the two seems optimal in this case.

Investing in skill effect duration will help all cases, and make all scenarios smoother. especially in tough fights where you can't stay and channel for very long.

"
Tecken1407 a écrit :

blight cwc soulrend sounds really amazing, would love to follow that build

I'm looking forward for this.. It might require having enough sockets to work. But I now realize that [Blight + faster casting + Infused channeling + Efficay/intensify] will be a good leveling skill on its own, until we get 5L for CwC setup.
Dernière édition par givemelight, le 7 mars 2019 18:04:20
Do you use the same skill tree you have for ED for Soulrend?
IGN: hyrenfreak
Dernière édition par hyrenfreak, le 7 mars 2019 18:06:32
Uber Elder done with a unreleased skill, neat!
"
hyrenfreak a écrit :
Do you use the same skill tree you have for ED for Soulrend?

This is an interesting question, you won't use the same tree, no.

Essence drain gives you life regeneration which you need Zealot's Oath to turn to energy shield, while Soulrend gives you energy shield leech which as givemelight explains above needs some serious investment to make use of.

Should also add Trickster has +70% recovery rates after kill, which maximises the benefits of Essence Drain, but not Soulrend.

"
givemelight a écrit :

ES Leech needs investment in "Maximum total recovery per second from ES leech" , and it would still be like 1500 per second cap. With "Ghost Reaver" it hits 3k, and other 500 from regeneration. That's where evasion should help I guess, so it give Trickster a chance. And probably Infused channeling adds other layer of defense.

Just let me plug Trickster a little more here (I'm not 100% convinced at all by the way). Ghost Shroud gives you 5% of evasion as energy shield when you take a hit, which is about 650 with budget gear, or over 1k with mega evade chest + mega ES helmet.

Still, relying on shield recharge rather than leech/recovery makes you map-mod-immune as yet another benefit. But it also locks you into that quiver somewhat, which prevents you making use of fortify as the Trickster could.
Dernière édition par Crêpo, le 7 mars 2019 21:40:38
which PoB link do i Use for the league starter occultist
"
allana a écrit :
"
Headpipe a écrit :
Create a build without knowing Patchnotes/Skilltree. LeL Clickbait ftw. The only thing i learned here is: i'll never watch ur stream :)

+1

managed to get a whole 17 challenges last league -> no idea what he's talking about most likely

shit tier "build" just to try and get twitch viewers
Ya but you are ALWAYS on here talking smack! LOL! I MURDERED the game with both his gollem and tr build so maybe your just playing a game thats a bit to much for you?
Bottom line: do this build works yes or no? i've seen so many conflicting comments on the thread that I don't know if to follow it or not.
I just want a soulrend occultist.
"
Valhyre a écrit :
Bottom line: do this build works yes or no? i've seen so many conflicting comments on the thread that I don't know if to follow it or not.
I just want a soulrend occultist.

My thoughts exactly. I just need soulrend/bane starter to get into maps and build some currency while enjoying the game :) This has gone out of hands with all this theorycrafting and going back and forth whether this is good or awful :D
- Better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt -

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires