[3.6] Infinite Blazing Flicker Strike Slayer – Stun/Freeze Immunity [BUDGET] The TRUE Flicker Build

Hello, would you recommend this build for a total beginner to the game? I started using arc build however I just recently discovered this (I mean flicker strike) and kinda want to switch and make new character. What do you think?
"
jeb8d a écrit :
used to play flicker back in the day on trickster but first time trying on slayer. I keep running out of mana when trying to flicker. I have the 1 mana leech node that you do, and i even bought the ring to see if that would help. Would gem quality/level lower the mana usage?

I pulled up your character in PoB, but it doesn't seem to me like you took the mana leech node at all. You took the other life leech nodes instead. To be honest, your skill gems are in a bit of a mess as well which is affecting the efficiency of the build too. For example, you do not have the Cast when Damage Taken setup properly set up. Take a look at the skill gem links in the guide again to make sure your setup is correct. This will make the build run a whole lot smoother.

Take a look at your skill tree again too. You will see the mana node you missed as I was saying too. This is why you are not leeching any mana at all. Your skill tree is quite different from the recommended skill tree too. I see that you are trying to use Unwavering Stance+Acrobatics setup. Unwavering Stance isn't really needed since we are going to be grabbing Overwhelm as the Slayer's passive already to become stun immune. You can grab Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics to be a bit more defensive, but I personally feel like more life is better suited for this build since we are so tanky as is already. It is on how you want to take the build though. I am just recommending what has worked so far for me and trying to optimize your build a bit more.

Hopefully this helps! Good luck!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Dernière édition par Bakuhakubasugasu, le 21 janv. 2019 09:56:21
"
Hello, would you recommend this build for a total beginner to the game? I started using arc build however I just recently discovered this (I mean flicker strike) and kinda want to switch and make new character. What do you think?

I mean, what is really going for you is that this build can be done on a extreme budget, so being a beginner where you don't have a lot of currency, this build works great. There are only really two required uniques for the build and they are both extremely cheap. Everything else can be done with rare gear so for the budget department, this build is super cheap.

Now, for a new player, once you get the setup actually running, it is extremely simple to run which works well for a beginner. Granted, there are some specific things you need to get used to such as knowing when you should stop using Flicker Strike, or how to change targets properly. The problem here is that beginners usually struggle with survivability. Being that this is a melee build, if you are not too used to the game, you could have trouble leveling up since you have to be in close proximity to enemies since we're melee.

Leveling might be a bit annoying if you are new since melee is obviously harder to play and ranged/caster builds are easier to level with since you can stay far away and still dish out damage. I personally like melee more, but for a beginner, leveling to level 67 until you can start using the actual build may prove difficult. If you do not have a problem with leveling and taking time to get there, then I don't see the problem though. Obviously I am used to playing melee builds so leveling is a breeze now, but it might be hard on a beginner if you are not used to playing melee.

I pretty much level all of my melee builds the same, which is explained in the leveling section. Flicker Strike doesn't really start shining until you can actually start using it with the gear that is required. Generating and sustaining Frenzy Charges for Flicker Strike is difficult earlier on which is why I said to not use it until you hit the Blood Aqueducts at Act 9 to use a mini flicker setup with Terminus Est, then leveling to 67 where you can then equip Oro's Sacrifice.

It is really no your choice, but I can guarantee you once you get Flicker Strike utilized with Oro's Sacrifice, it is all worth it. :)

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions or the like.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Dernière édition par Bakuhakubasugasu, le 21 janv. 2019 09:46:37
Thank you very much for your detailed answers
"
Thank you very much for your detailed answers

For sure, no problem. If you have any questions or concerns about the build, let me know and I'll get to you as soon as you can.

I assure you that the build is extremely fun to play if you decide to use it.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Hey Bak,

Thanks for the guide! Quick question for you: What content have you been able to clear?

Before I start investing more I realized, "Huh, I'm not even sure how far I can get with this build". Anythign higher than your T14 video? Thanks again!
"
Shamoo777 a écrit :
Hey Bak,

Thanks for the guide! Quick question for you: What content have you been able to clear?

Before I start investing more I realized, "Huh, I'm not even sure how far I can get with this build". Anythign higher than your T14 video? Thanks again!

I have taken down Uber Elder with this build already. I will try to get a video of it when I can. I am currently working on 7 other guides so I have a lot of my time allocated to those right now.

You have to build a bit more differently for that fight, but it is a very simple swap. Examples being swapping your boots to Kaom's Roots and whatnot. Resistances are still very easy to cap because we are mostly using rare gear. Even without rare gear, capping the resistances in general are pretty easy too because we also have 7 jewel sockets available to us.

This gives us a lot of extra space to grab missing stats, resistances and attributes. I can assure you it still does well for end-game content. We are getting about 500k+ for Shaper damage as it is and with Flicker Strike's speed, it does a pretty good amount of damage. I am also thinking of adding a upgraded section for those with more currency as well since this build can get even stronger with the more currency you pour in it since it just uses mostly rare gear.

I assure you it can be done. Some fights can be a bit more on the annoying side since of the somewhat random targeting of Flicker Strike, but it works. The only problem you could possibly have is Hall of Grandmasters and Vaal Temple and that's only because of the elemental reflect. But really, it isn't like you are going to be grinding Vaal Temple like that anyways.

Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions. :)
[Build/Stream Thread]
Dernière édition par Bakuhakubasugasu, le 23 janv. 2019 17:22:33
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

If we rocked Kaom's Roots, then wouldn't if more sense to take Headsman in the Ascendancy tree? I assumed you too that ascendancy because of the "Cannot Stun", aye?

Thanks again for the reply, and I look forward to playing this more!
"
Shamoo777 a écrit :
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

If we rocked Kaom's Roots, then wouldn't if more sense to take Headsman in the Ascendancy tree? I assumed you too that ascendancy because of the "Cannot Stun", aye?

Thanks again for the reply, and I look forward to playing this more!

Yeah, you would switch your passives too. Headsman honestly doesn't do much for us, but it is better than Overwhelm just because we get more damage and clear speed that way. Kaom's Roots obviously gives us stun immunity though so that's why it is more efficient to make that swap.

I will be adding that section to this build later. Just know that it is possible, for sure. :)

Thanks!
[Build/Stream Thread]
made this build, have about 7.5k hp right now lvl of character 84
getting one shoted from bosses of T13 or higher, not rly impressed by that :/

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires