Hydra Credit to Stressman: https://youtu.be/6Q_E0w6xcYs
Phoenix Credit to Stressman: https://youtu.be/quFLs3OMhW8
Shaper killed on a 5-link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eOzttJrkeM&feature=youtu.be

"
I love fire, it turns me on. It does, I don't know why, it just does

Oh shit you can use emojis in your title 😵

Why Self Ignite?
The combination of Mokou's Embrace, Eye of Innocence, and Martyr of Innocence gives us 70% increased damage, 20% increased cast speed, 2% life leech, and immunity to freeze and chill while ignited.

This build has defeated T15 Red Elder, Shaper, Uber Atziri, and all guardians, all on a 5-link, scroll down to see my thoughts on the fights. Uber Elder has been killed on a 6-link.

POB: https://pastebin.com/sdSZWvfy

ELEMENTALIST NERFS
Warlord's mark doesnt work and Beacon of Ruin has been Nerfed. As a result we now go Pendulum of Destruction, Mastermind of Discord, Liege of the Primordial, and Paragon of Calamity. We also path to Spritual Aid in the tree. This frees up one ring slot and Paragon of Calamity fixes our life leech void due to Warlord's Mark nerf. We also get reflect immunity which is nice. Only issue is mana which can be solved with the damage taken gained as mana craft. POB above has been updated
TLDR: Minor damage loss but build still works

Update Log is in a comment below.

Build Explaination
Spoiler

This build revolves around ignite. Not the damage from ignite, but the effects while we are ignited.

This build uses 3 main items:

Eye of Innocence will provide a source of self fire damage and more importantly, a 2% leech while ignited. This is our source of life regeneration and eliminates the need to run a curse such as warlords mark.

Mokou's Embrace allows us to ignite ourself by giving us a +25% chance to be ignited. It also provides some nice resists and 20% increased cast speed while ignited.

Both of these items are under 10c

Lastly, and least important is the Martyr of Innocence Staff. It is not necessary for the build but provides massive flat fire damage and 100% increased fire damage. It also gives us immunity to chill and freeze when ignited, which is always, so it frees up a flask slot. This weapon provides a massive DPS boost. A rare staff will ultimately outperform this weapon, see gear section for more info

Our movement skill is running and Flame Dash.

Defensively, we stack life and go take a few staff block nodes. We leech life from Eye of Innocence and Paragon of Calamity

Tree
Spoiler

For our tree we use a standard elemental overload spell caster tree

POB: https://pastebin.com/sdSZWvfy

Bandits, Pantheon, Ascendancy
Spoiler

Bandits: Kill All
Pantheon: Does not matter
Ascendancy: Pendulum of Destruction -> Mastermind of Discord -> Paragon of Calamity -> Liege of the Primordial

Gems
Spoiler

TLDR

Armageddon Brand - Immolate - Empower / Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Inc AoE / Conc. Effect

Only run empower if you have a + level gems staff

Flame Golem - Lightning Golem - Vaal RF - Scorching Ray

Orb of Storms - Unbound Ailments - Combustion - Inc AoE

Anger - Herald of Ash - Enlighten - Empower

CWDT - Vortex - Enfeeble - Spell Cascade

Brand Recall - Arcane Surge - Flame Dash

Reasoning

Armageddon Brand - Immolate - Empower / Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Inc AoE / Conc. Effect

Armageddon Brand is our main damage skill with solid flat fire damage in the gem. It also increases ignite damage but we don't worry about that, we use ignite as a utility to heal and boost damage.
Immolate provides flat added fire damage against burning enemies, we use orb of storms to apply burning because we use elemental focus
Faster Casting speeds our clear significantly as it both decreases the cast time, but also increases the brand activation frequency
Controlled Destruction greatly increases our damage at the cost of critical strike chance, but we dont care, we just need to crit to proc elemental overload every once in a while. With 5 brands, we do not need additional crit chance.
Elemental Focus Due to Elementalist nerfs, elemental ailments do not prolif any more so they are not as strong. We use Elemental Focus for the added damage at the cost of not being able to deal ailments with our brands. We use orb of storms to apply ignite if we need it (mostly for single target).

The 6th link is up to you I would probably use Inc AOE for mapping, and Conc. Effect for bosses.
Swap faster casting or immolate for empower when you get a + levels staff.

Flame Golem - Lightning Golem - Vaal RF - Scorching Ray

Lightning Golem gives us more cast speed for our brands.
Fire Golem gives us more damage
Vaal RF gives us a damage boost
Scorching Ray gives us something to do other than running away while our brands hit bosses, it also reduces the boss' fire resistance which is nice.

Orb of Storms - Unbound Ailments - Combustion - Inc AoE

Combustion ignites enemies and lowers fire resistance
Inc AOE makes the orb thicc
Unbound ailments gives more effect and duration to our ailments
Brand Recall - Arcane Surge - Flame Dash
Arcane Surge and Flame Dash linked to Brand recall gives us access to an easy arcane surge as we will be constantly recalling our brands

CWDT - Vortex - Enfeeble - Spell Cascade

A CWDT linked to Vortex which will slow enemies around us
Enfeeble linked with Spell Cascade will curse nearby enemies when we are hit

Anger - Herald of Ash - Enlighten - Empower

Herald of Ash Gives us fire damage, but more importantly 25% fire penetration.
Anger gives a significant damage boost and allows us to use an anger watcher's eye.
Enlighten reduces mana reserved
Empower increases the level of our auras

Gear
Spoiler

The only required gear are Eye of Innocence and Mokou's Embrace, Martyr of Innocence is optional but provides a massive DPS boost.

This build does not need much to get started, just focus on capping resists and stacking life. The most expensive piece in the following gear is the Carcass Jack which I bought at 30c.
Spoiler

Weapon
Spoiler

Start off with a singularity until you can afford a Martyr of Innocence. The Martyr of Innocence will be more than enough damage to carry you through all content. However, if you want to get the maximum damage a rare + 1 level to gems multimod staff will ultimately give you the maximum damage. I went with spell damage/extra chaos, cast speed, and chance for double damage.

NOTE: All you need is a +1 socketed gems staff, no need for the +2 to fire gems. If you craft a +2 support gems you will get higher damage.

Helmet
Spoiler

A rare helm with resists and life is fine. For maximum damage look for a helm with spell damage and reduced enemy resistance. I fossil crafted mine with 3 socket resonaters with pristine, prismatic, and scorched.

Body Armour
Spoiler

A carcass jack gives you about +3 AoE radius for armageddon brand. Look for max rolls on life and AoE. Don't worry too much about area damage as the damage boost is minimal compared to the increase in cost.

Gloves
Spoiler

A rare glove with life and resistances works just fine, but if you want some damage you can look for some cast speed on the glove.

Boots
Spoiler

Again, look for a rare pair of boots with movement speed, life, and resistances. Movement speed feels really good for this build as brand recall is instant so you dont need to stop to deal damage. If you have the currency you can look for a +1 pair of boots socket in enlighten - empower - HoA - Anger.

Belt
Spoiler

Look for life and resistances. For damage, look for fire damage, elemental damage, and open prefixes so you can craft increased damage.

Ring
Spoiler

Mokou's Embrace is mandatory as it enables you to be ignited. It also provides a solid 20% increased cast speed while ignited.

Your second ring can be whatever you want. Fill your resists and get as much life as possible. Look for damage last

Amulet
Spoiler

Eye of innocence gives fire damage leeched as life while ignited and deals fire damage to you.

Flasks

Cinderswallow Urn and The Wise Oak are both great. Other than those two, run whatever utility flasks you want.

Dying Sun is a nice option if you feel your AOE is lacking

A flask with PHASING will improve your quality of life as you wont get stuck between enemies

Spoiler

Thoughts on Endgame Bosses
Spoiler

Shaper
Spoiler

Killed on a 5-link, this fight was incredibly easy. Shapers attacks are all very telegraphed and with brands all you need to do is attach them, so the fight involved casting a few times and just running around. The brands did very respectable damage to Shaper.

Uber Atziri
Spoiler
Killed on a 5-link, this fight was the most difficult of the 3 endgame fights I have done. The two fights leading up to Atziri are arguably harder than Atziri though. The Vaal Omnitech's ball lightning covers most of the screen and hurts a lot. For the trio, attach your brands and run in circles around the arena - this is honestly very stressful. For Atziri, the only think you should worry about is the split phase, as if you hit the mirror one you will kill yourself. My strategy was to look for the spear or blue hand one and recall all my brands to that location - recalling is very important as you do not want stray brands. Dont worry too much about casting during this phase as the brands should be able to kill before they vanish. One other thing to watch out for is bleed. I get rid of wise oak and my quartz flask in favour of 2 more anti-bleed flasks.

T15 Elder
Spoiler

Killed on a 5-link, the shaper phase was incredibly smooth as the adds allow armageddon brand to attach which mean all 5 brands can be attacking a portal at once which is massive DPS. Flame dash allows us to get out of Elder's slow pretty consistently. The brand play style allows us to be very mobile as lets us focus on dodging. I would say the fight was a bit more difficult than the shaper fight.

Uber Elder
Spoiler
Killed on a 6-link, may try again with a 5-link. The fight itself was not bad, as brands we can just attach our brands and run around. The lag during the fight was terrible and it felt like a slideshow at times. I changed my gem links for maximum damage during this fight: Armageddon Brand - Conc Effect - Faster Casting - Immolate - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus. Elemental focus makes it so that we cannot ignite or shock with our brands so we rely on our orb of storms to inflict the ignites and shocks.

MOM (3.5)

Thanks for reading, have a good day!

PS. If anyone has any videos of this build in action, I would be very thankful. Sadly my laptop has a hard time running POE as is so I have zero recording capabilities.

Special thanks to stressman for the gameplay videos
Dernière édition par AnxietyOverload, le 21 juin 2019 14:43:13
Dernier bump le 31 août 2019 13:47:18
Looks very intresting! Might give it a try
What do you use for single target damage while leveling? Do you bee-line for Runebinder first to help or have any recommendations for single target skills to use alongside this until it comes online early mapping?
Update Log

Jan 21, 2019

Spoiler
Rare staff added to endgame section

Dec 31, 2018

Spoiler
Last update of the year! Added a leveling progession and my thoughts on endgame bosses

Dec 25, 2018

Spoiler
This is a big update to the build. After looking at EE's Armageddon Brand build and trying it out, I was confused as to why it did so much more damage than mine, then I realized, it had essentially a +5 HoA and Anger with the +1 gems helmet and Empower, of course it will do more damage. Personally I wasn't a fan of his recovery and still find leech more comfortable. The issue was, the eye of innocence leech wasn't enough and mana leech was still an issue due to the high cost of the skill. Previously I had been running warlord's mark - blasphemy. Now, the solution to my lust for damage and need for survivability?

Both these items are shit, the boots I bought for 8c and the ring base I bought for 40c and alt spammed for curse enemies with warlord's mark on hit. These items allow me to run HoA and Anger, as well as benefit from warlord's mark. I don't like compromise.

The links for the boots are as follows: HoAsh - Anger - Empower - Enlighten

The build guide has been changed in the endgame section to account for these changes.

ELEMENTALIST NERFS
Warlord's mark doesnt work and Beacon of Ruin has been Nerfed. As a result we now go Pendulum of Destruction, Mastermind of Discord, Liege of the Primordial, and Paragon of Calamity. We also path to Spritual Aid in the tree. This frees up one ring slot and fixes our life leech void due to Warlord's Mark nerf. Only issue is mana which can be solved with the damage taken gained as mana craft. POB above has been updated
TLDR: Minor damage loss but build still works

Dernière édition par AnxietyOverload, le 6 juin 2019 09:43:34
"
Looks very intresting! Might give it a try

Thanks, Id definitely recommend it, its been a blast to play. Currently at 6k life and 1.5k unreserved mana, and the damage feels solid.

"
What do you use for single target damage while leveling? Do you bee-line for Runebinder first to help or have any recommendations for single target skills to use alongside this until it comes online early mapping?

Honestly, Armageddon Brand has been one of the smoothest leveling experiences Ive had. I rushed runebinder when leveling and started using Armageddon Brand as soon as possible. No real single target skill was needed as the damage was fine, especially since you could just drop the brands and run around.

Ill post a leveling guide and leveling trees once I have more time.
Dernière édition par AnxietyOverload, le 25 déc. 2018 00:19:51
Wow, let me just say I was doing find with the crap gear i had put together but the little tweak I just did based on your build, its a very visible difference in the DPS. Really those items are very very cheap for the upgrade.
I'm rerolled my Ziz's Winter Orb build into this one. Really impressive. Damage is fine with cheap gear. Gameplay is fine. Mana cost 84 but flask + warlords mark or even orb of storm setup can solves the problem.

How we can improve that for endgame..
"
Wow, let me just say I was doing find with the crap gear i had put together but the little tweak I just did based on your build, its a very visible difference in the DPS. Really those items are very very cheap for the upgrade.

Thanks! Glad this helped.

"

I'm rerolled my Ziz's Winter Orb build into this one. Really impressive. Damage is fine with cheap gear. Gameplay is fine. Mana cost 84 but flask + warlords mark or even orb of storm setup can solves the problem.

How we can improve that for endgame..

Finished exams so I'm really going to push endgame. BIS weapon would probably be a +3 gems staff with added fire to spells, cast speed, and increased fire damage, though this will probably be expensive. May also test out just removing MOM since its expensive to get mana on gear and 1.5k mana really isn't that much. Getting rid of MOM gives me 4 more skill points which means I can get some jewel slots. In addition, with less need for mana I can run an aura, maybe anger with a watcher's eye, or a more defensive one such as enfeeble, warlord's mark, or temp chains.

For helm, boots, and gloves, theres a lot of new mods that could improve the build that I definitely need to look over. Also, I replaced my leather belt with a stygian vise.
Finally
Shameless self bump. To anyone whos following this build guide, I have made some significant changes in the endgame section, mainly removing MOM and adding anger to the build. You can read about this in the endgame section and the update log. Pre-endgame remains unchanged. Future updates will look for a more budget option for martyr of innocence as it has risen in price.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires