[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

this build is working great as a starter for me. very fast and easily handles everything so far (starting yellow maps)

i got a well rolled lioneye's glare for 1c

and a pretty nice corrupted 6L chest for 20c

all my other gear has been self found
"
oOoYngvioOo a écrit :
The way the skill reads is:
Level 20 snipe
Channel to charge up your bow, gaining stages. (easy enough)

Release to trigger one linked bow skill for each stage gained. (cannot roll the same skill twice it seems, tested with rain of arrows to see if there were more arrows than normal)

If there are NO skills linked, but at least one stage was gained this skill will fire its OWN arrow instead.

THIS SKILLS ARROWs (so the arrow it generates if no other skills are linked) deal 120% more damage with ailments PER STAGE

same with 165% damage with hits per stage.

So the way I read it is: do not socket a skill gem, only socket supports. Get 1 arrow that deals insane damage.

Just did some quick non-scientific testing since I didn't even know about this skill/helmet.

My regular 4 link puncture did a little over a quarter of Avarius in act 10's life. I used the same 4 links and charged it up to 6 stacks and it killed Avarius in 1 shot from the bleed. Seems promising.

Edit: Just an update. Could 1 hit a T5 conqueror with the helmet and puncture. Does a ton more damage at full stacks than just puncture on a 4L. The skill is bugged with the visual and sound effect though. It doesn't go away. Pretty annoying.
Dernière édition par mike4334, le 16 mars 2020 21:42:10
I'm struggling bad with mana at the moment, also can anyone explain crimson dance? it says your bleeding does not deal extra damage while the enemy is moving but ensnaring arrow makes it so they are always moving how does this benefit the build? My damage seems fine with split arrow but puncture seems to do almost the same as my split arrow any tips on buffing that dps? i have split arrow in a 5 link and puncture in a 4 for map clearing. i also managed to get a lucky bow ( +1 to level of soceted gems, attacks have 30% chance to cause bleeding, 47% increased damage with bleeding, 83% increased phyical damage, 15% chance to cause bleeding on hit, 5% increased damage per frenzy charge.) not sure how to link items on here but would this bow carry me to red maps? any tips or advice on my gear/build would be much appreciated thanks!
Currently pushing yellow / red maps with little to no effort will eventually farm enough currency for upgrades but i rolled a pretty decent bleed phys bow

"
qaizr a écrit :
this build is working great as a starter for me. very fast and easily handles everything so far (starting yellow maps)

i got a well rolled lioneye's glare for 1c

and a pretty nice corrupted 6L chest for 20c

all my other gear has been self found

Ye it's working nice for me too. Gear with life and Res is super cheap to be fair. Had almost 7k hp at one point before I switched to lioneyes jewel for more damage. Only low 80s in terms of levels as well.

Got lucky and crafted a 430 pdps bow and everything melts. Different tree compared to this one but it's basically the same idea.

Going to test this new helm idea when I get home, hopefully the price doesn't shoot up before I get a chance to buy one.

Hey All, doing this build and I love it so far but I'm slightly confused. It says not to use Pounce with Puncture, but my question is, what is the alternative to puncture if you are using pounce? I see the aspect of the cat on the boots and then pounce, which seems to have synergy, but then it says to not use pounce if using puncture. Can someone please clarify for me?
"
DankawSL a écrit :

"
cerberus20 a écrit :
Spoiler
I've been somewhat following this build and so far, so good. I'm playing softcore and have been able to survive most stuff so far (still leveling, at lvl 66 and act 9).

I just have a question on whether you have been having a look at the new cluster jewels, the passives they can grant and was wondering if you would be willing to make a tier list on mods.

I imagine stuff like "12% increased damage with two-handed weapons" / "-||- bows" and the ones granting "physical damage over time multiplier" will be what we want, but then there's all the notables (and there's a lot to choose from), which will be best?

You can find this info in Passive Tree section. After all, cluster jewels are basically an extension of the tree.

alright, cool, thanks for the work

thoughts on this bow, which dropped from delirium while I leveled
Spoiler

I only just got to maps btw

"
oOoYngvioOo a écrit :
Spoiler
The way the skill reads is:
Level 20 snipe
Channel to charge up your bow, gaining stages. (easy enough)

Release to trigger one linked bow skill for each stage gained. (cannot roll the same skill twice it seems, tested with rain of arrows to see if there were more arrows than normal)

If there are NO skills linked, but at least one stage was gained this skill will fire its OWN arrow instead.

THIS SKILLS ARROWs (so the arrow it generates if no other skills are linked) deal 120% more damage with ailments PER STAGE

same with 165% damage with hits per stage.

So the way I read it is: do not socket a skill gem, only socket supports. Get 1 arrow that deals insane damage.

If it works like this, then it's really strong but still not mandatory. As far as i'm aware it has ~100% damage multiplier compared to roughly ~300% multiplier from Puncture (counting added phys too). You also lose extra support gem so by default ~35% and a lot of extra duration. This equals to ~400% vs 700-820% damage multiplier depending if 1st stage counts. There's still more things to consider like effective attack speed, duration of the bleed (reminder that Puncture has 8 seconds base instead of 5) and how fast you kill enemies for it to matter.

I've noticed that a lot of helmets already appeared on standard market, so ill buy one and test it out myself.

"
HornyPhazon a écrit :
Spoiler

Im looking to sell this on SC. If anyone is interested let me know in game ^___^

I've ignored these posts in the past, but silently i despise every one of them. I did not make this guide so others can simply advertise their absolutely overpriced gear. There is a special place for trade and it's not here.

This particular case is just a crime. 30ex for a simple multimod? Disgusting.

"
spammmm a écrit :
Spoiler
I'm struggling bad with mana at the moment, also can anyone explain crimson dance? it says your bleeding does not deal extra damage while the enemy is moving but ensnaring arrow makes it so they are always moving how does this benefit the build? My damage seems fine with split arrow but puncture seems to do almost the same as my split arrow any tips on buffing that dps? i have split arrow in a 5 link and puncture in a 4 for map clearing. i also managed to get a lucky bow ( +1 to level of soceted gems, attacks have 30% chance to cause bleeding, 47% increased damage with bleeding, 83% increased phyical damage, 15% chance to cause bleeding on hit, 5% increased damage per frenzy charge.) not sure how to link items on here but would this bow carry me to red maps? any tips or advice on my gear/build would be much appreciated thanks!

Things to improve - everything. I seriously won't be repeating a whole guide to help you out. I explain everything in detail. Also i believe you're using Mathil's passive tree.

"
zephrys13 a écrit :
Spoiler
Hey All, doing this build and I love it so far but I'm slightly confused. It says not to use Pounce with Puncture, but my question is, what is the alternative to puncture if you are using pounce? I see the aspect of the cat on the boots and then pounce, which seems to have synergy, but then it says to not use pounce if using puncture. Can someone please clarify for me?

There are at least 3 places where i point out that classic version uses Siege Ballista. Overview, gem section and classic build section.

"
cerberus20 a écrit :
Spoiler
alright, cool, thanks for the work

thoughts on this bow, which dropped from delirium while I leveled
Spoiler

I only just got to maps btw

Its okay for now, but you'll want to get something better once you hit yellow maps.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
rolling this as my 2nd char but going with assailum and the damage is pretty crazy as of act 9 bosses, being melted nearly instantly. going a mix between this guide, and this players tree https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/protean0/dswww___?i=0&search=class%3DGladiator%26item%3DAssailum

Pretty excited on how its feeling already.
just a note on this beast...

you can test it on the character sheet. my puncture bleed dps was about 75k (only on a 4l right now). i put on the helm and checked the snipe tooltip. it's 40k at no stages. so now comes down to how it is calculated with stages? 120% more ailment per stage means 1 stage is 40,000+120% = 88k * 5 more stages = 440k bleed dps at 6 stages. or is it calculated per stages. so one stage is 40,000+120% = 88,000. stage 2 is 88,000+120%=193k. stage 3 is 193k+120%=425k.

if it's the last one then we are looking at 5m bleed dps which seems pretty retarded. if it's the first then we have 440k bleed dps which is still really good considering puncture on it's own was only 70k

now comes the interesting part... take a support out and put puncture in and punctures tooltip becomes 55k. but you now have that 55k multiplied by 6 stages with 120% MORE ailment dmg. so again, with the above calculations we are looking at 725k bleed dps with the first calculation or like 6.2m with the second.

hoping someone can actually work out how the 120% more ailment dmg per stage is calculated because it looks really fucking good at a first glance

edit: just did some basic testing on a beach boss with no mods. standard puncture takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds to kill the boss. puncture in the helm is literally instakill in 1 second. the dmg is CRAZY. need to do some more testing when i have some time later but it looks ridiculous

in terms of the mechanics of the skill, just hold it down like scourge arrow and release. it fires a normal puncture arrow out. it takes maybe 2s to charge up but the bleed lasts 13 seconds or so as its based off off of puncture. so its basically identical to puncture with a scourge arrow charge mechanic
Dernière édition par crazypearce, le 17 mars 2020 02:04:40

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires