[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

GGG released the list of all new notables available through cluster jewels. One thing to point out, notable's image showcases what stat they're associated with. You can copy image's url to find out what stat you want to increase your chances... or to find out all available ones before the league begins.

Based on all the teasers it seems the cluster jewel primary stat only increases the chances to roll associated notables. That means you could end up with let's say 3 life notables on big cluster jewel, but it's very unlikely.

It's also seems that maximum amount of notables is tied to jewel's size. For example i can't see there being more than 1 notable on small cluster jewels. It's likely 3/2/1 for big/medium/small clusters, but it's not confirmed by any means.

List of noteworthy cluster notables:
Spoiler
Kineticism (Keystone)
Interesting passive which already fits into main version of the build. There's only a single reason to take it and it's knockback on hit. Should be strong option for mapping since it'll help against immobile enemies. Quite bad for classic build.

Physical Damage:
Spoiler
Likely a large cluster jewel. What makes this damage good is the fact it also scales bleed explosions. First node is VERY efficient. High damage and extra 30% elemental resistances on top which might free up some affixes on your gear to further increase your damage/defence. Other notables are also solid.

* Master the Fundamentals
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
35% reduced Elemental Damage
35% increased Physical Damage

* Furious Assault
8% increased Attack and Cast Speed
25% increased Physical Damage

* Battle-Hardened
30% increased Evasion Rating and Armour

* Iron Breaker
Enemies have -10% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against your Hits
Physical Damage over Time:
Spoiler
Bleed dedicated stat type. First three notables give no doubt the highest damage available through cluster jewels. Extra Duration is very helpful and mind allow to run Swift Affliction support for example. To apply Maim you have to hit enemies at least twice, so not as good for clearing. The other two notables aren't nearly as strong but still should be considered. Vivid Hues helps out with leech longevity against bosses. Extra 25% chance to blind enemies is useful for safety, but not as necessary since Gladiator gets 10% chance already.

* Rend
+12% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Bleeding
30% increased Bleeding Duration

* Wasting Affliction
20% increased Damage with Ailments
Damaging Ailments deal damage 10% faster

* Compound Injury
50% increased Damage with Bleeding you inflict on Maimed Enemies

* Vivid Hues
+12% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Bleeding
2% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life against Bleeding Enemies
20% increased total Recovery per second from Life Leech

* Disorienting Wounds
25% increased Damage with Bleeding
25% chance to Blind with Hits against Bleeding Enemies
Damage over Time:
Spoiler
Likely a large cluster jewel. It feels inferior to previous two damage types, but there's a reason to pick it up as well. It has extra defensive stats thrown in. Haemorrhage can be very powerful if you modified the build to get some extra crit. Brush with Death notable while being very good mapping notable, Ryslatha's Coil already does similar thing to it. More recovery won't be necessary. Other nodes are more or less self-explainatory.

* Flow of Life
24% increased Damage over Time
4% increased maximum Life
Regenerate 0.6% of Life per second

* Haemorrhage
+18% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes
40% increased Critical Strike Chance

* Brush with Death
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Recover 1% of Life on Kill
Recover 1% of Energy Shield on Kill

* Brewed for Potency
24% increased Damage over Time
10% increased Flask Charges gained
20% increased Life and Mana Recovery from Flasks

* Exposure Therapy
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
+30% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time

* Circling Oblivion
20% increased Damage over Time
20% increased Duration of Ailments on Enemies
15% increased Skill Effect Duration
Life and Mana Flask Recovery:
Spoiler
There's one reason i include this cluster type and that's ignite being absolute pain in the ass. Enslaver is extremely hard to kill for this build specifically because of it. By having innate bleed removal on flask you could get ignite removal instead. Other two notables are decent as well.

* Mender's Wellspring
25% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
Life Flasks gain 1 Charge every 3 seconds
Remove Bleeding when you use a Life Flask

* Distilled Perfection
25% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
25% increased Mana Recovery from Flasks
20% increased Flask Effect Duration

* Special Reserve
20% increased Damage during any Flask Effect
Regenerate 2% of Life per second during any Flask Effect
Bow Damage:
Spoiler
I wouldn't bother with it to be fair. There's only a single notable that's good. It feels as if few notables are missing... Still, that one node is OK if you happen to roll it.

* Tempered Arrowheads
Bow Skills have +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Bow Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration
10% increased Duration of Ailments inflicted while wielding a Bow
#% Maximum Life:
Spoiler
Small cluster jewel for sure, teased in Delirium trailer. Anything with life is good. These 4 particular nodes are worth noting tho. First one gives highest amount of life, second is great for extra flask recovery, third extra life recovery during mapping/bosses and last is just pure regen. There's more life nodes, but these are simply the best.

* Fettle
+20 to maximum Life
10% increased maximum Life

* Peak Vigour
8% increased maximum Life
30% increased Life Recovery from Flasks

* Feast of Flesh
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life
+10 Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks

* Surging Vitality
Regenerate 0.5% of Life per second
Every 5 seconds, Regenerate 10% of Life over one second
Evasion:
Spoiler
They're mostly weak as hell, these two are pretty good tho.

* Natural Vigour
30% increased Evasion Rating

* Prismatic Dance
30% increased Evasion Rating
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances
Armour:
Spoiler
Similar to Evasion but since it's armor it's less desirable. The endurance charge generation is very valuable tho. While the build won't get hit very often it should still be enough to nearly maintain maximum charges all the time. Reminder that Gladiator gets extra 10% phys damage reduction at maximum charges.

* Enduring Composure
30% increased Armour
Gain an Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently

* Militarism
30% increased Armour

* Prismatic Carapace
30% increased Armour
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances
Dodge Attacks:
Spoiler
Overall very weak notables with two exceptions. Ability to gain Elusive buff during mapping as non-crit build which works during combat is pretty strong. Elegant Form is something you can think to include in the build. Elemental ailments can be a big pain. If you reach 100% avoidance it becomes complete immunity, allowing to free up flask affixes and it's great QoL in general.

* No Witnesses
10% chance to gain Elusive on Kill
25% increased Elusive Effect

* Elegant Form
30% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments
3% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
3% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
Totem Damage:
Spoiler
This is for classic version of the build. These notables are VERY strong in general, however due to bleed scaling they're not used to the fullest potential. On top you want non-totem damage to scale map clear as well. Still worth noting. Extra ballista equals more damage procs and higher chance to get high damage roll + 100% bleed damage simultaneously. Ancestral might is strong in particular if you stack it. Not so good for mapping obviously tho. Ancestral Preservation should allow to skip the resistance cluster completely.

* Sleepless Sentries
20% increased Totem Damage
20% increased Totem Duration
Attack Skills have +1 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems

* Ancestral Might
20% increased Totem Damage
30% increased Totem Duration
30% increased Totem Damage if you haven't Summoned a Totem in the past 2 seconds

* Ancestral Reach
25% increased Totem Damage
25% increased Totem Placement speed
25% increased Totem Placement range

* Ancestral Preservation
30% increased Totem Life
Totems have 10% additional Physical Damage Reduction
Totems gain +40% to Chaos Resistance
Starting tomorrow i'll have lots of work to do. Let's hope patch notes are merciful.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Just wanted to give you a shout out and say many thanks for putting together such a great guide. My 12yo son and I were looking for something new (to us) to play for Delirium. We came across Mathil's video and then when I started researching more details for something for my son and I to read together (in order to explain why certain choices need to be made, how to craft/obtain certain items, etc.), I came across this build guide.

It's really, really well put together. We also appreciate your stream of consciousness (aka "journal") posts exploring potential changes real-time. So thank you and keep it up!

We're league starting (and maybe finishing) with this build and will be paying attention throughout Delirium. Two thumbs up!
Dernière édition par Tindraa, le 10 mars 2020 15:21:01
How bad is the bleed mod moving from corroded fossils to elder influence in an SSF scenario? I'm sad right now...
What do you think about damage from Corroded fossil mod moved to Elder influence?
It seems to be harder to get à peaceful early no ? Now you have to wait to get à fucking 6l elder bow so bybye card stacking and +, wait and see thé ilvl rq for the mod Maybe it will not be ilvl1 anymore
This is a huge nerf to be honest. I'm thinking about changing my league starter and build this build as second character.
You'll need awakener orb to make regular item influenced, or farm for influenced drop.

Both is complete shit.
haven't played either a gladiator or a bow build in a very long time... and i was looking forward to trying this out. not sure now since the bow crafting changes. later in the league it's probably not much more difficult but it definitely hinders the early game progress
Dernière édition par crazypearce, le 11 mars 2020 08:56:27
What do you think about using Lioneye's Glare or a high physical damage rare bow the first days of the league before getting an elder base and crafting the bleeding bow? I think you should be able to push to red maps fine, bleed scales with physical damage too.
I think you guys are overreacting. Removing exclusive mods from the fossils is a good thing for the game because let's be real - they were too strong. While it's definitely a nerf to quickly crafting 100% more bleed dmg bow in a trade league i hardly consider it any hinderance. When i playtested the build this league i finished the end game with essence crafted 6-link bow. The mod definitely boosts the damage by large amounts, but with recent buffs it's not necessary for the build to perform well. Instead of spending fortune on the corroded fossils early on, spend money on other useful gear instead. Effect should be similar.

In the end game where you finally want to craft that final bow you'll use until you reroll/next league, it might even be a buff. Alt->regal crafting method could be an option. Of course it heavily depends on mod weighting and tags.

For SSF specifically it's a straight up buff. Finding corroded fossils is almost impossible, i found maybe 10 while using all available sulphite on my lvl 96 char last league. Ability to use other currencies to craft is a blessing.

Solutions to other "problems" and potential outcomes:

* (General) You should consider Residence farming for 6-link body armour (or buy one in trade league). This means if you find good elder bow base, you can 5-link it and craft it into something good.
* (General) Farming Imperial Legacy is still viable. If you get lucky and drop hunter's exalt and awakener's orb, you can create elder/hunter influenced bow with ilvl 100. If you prefer Citadel bow, there's likely to be many available at high ilvl as well.

* (Trade) Since so many people just see the changes as a nerf, it's likely the fossil's value drops as a result and the bow crafting might end up being cheaper. Who knows?
* (Bow crafting) I heavily doubt the mod has very high ilvl. I bet it's around lvl 75-82 like other prefixes. This is only a speculation.

In short, don't panic. Everything's fine. The patch notes didn't change much so i still have to update end game section, FAQ, add videos and minor improvements where necessary. I'll think of extra passive tree to try out new cluster jewels as well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 11 mars 2020 11:37:12

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires