[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

for Ryslatha's Coil, MarkGGG confirmed that the min/max mod only affects the Hit part. When a hit lands, it rolls twice in two separate ranges to determine the base damage of the initial hit and the bleed respectively.

The belt only modifies the range that the initial hit rolls in.
If you're citing GGG, it would be cool if you provided the source. I don't recall anything about this matter. However what i do have is first hand experience. I've recorded the inevitable video about this subject, since you're not the only one saying "it doesn't work". See for yourself:

Does Ryslatha's Coil work with bleed?

Also what you wrote actually supports the claim that Ryslatha's does work with bleed. The bleed IS BASED on the initial physical hit, which the belt modifies. The damage change is reflected on the character sheet.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL a écrit :
If you're citing GGG, it would be cool if you provided the source. I don't recall anything about this matter.

I messaged Mark and he explained it in his reply, I didn't find any explanation in public discussion neither.

here's the screenshot:
Dernière édition par insobyr, le 12 janv. 2019 11:44:40
You clearly misunderstood Mark. The "Yes" is definitely aimed at the title. The in-depth part confirms what we already know - that bleed and hit have separate set of modifiers, but they're still based on the same base damage. Not a single part of Mark's reply denies the claim that Ryslatha's Coil works with bleed.

For explaination purposes, let's agree that Coil works with bleed. From technical point of view, the belt doesn't specify "Hit" or "Ailment", just says "Attack". Tornado Shot is an attack and while bleed itself is not an attack and the increases to attacks don't work with it, the skill is. In short, the wording is a bit off and has "grey area" where it can be misinterpreted. The mod wording should be:

(30-40)% More Maximum Physical Damage with Attack Skills

Kinda like they implemented it with Chaos DoT with Bow Skills. In case you're not satisfied with my video and/or explaination, you can test everything yourself. I guarantee tho, the damage is noticable.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 12 janv. 2019 12:58:05
sorry I should have screenshot the whole conversation. The bottom is my initial question.

I've edited the previous post quite a bit, to be as accurate as possible if anything. The reply still has pretty much the same sense if anything.

Full conversation changes the picture quite a bit. His explaination is what i initially thought as well, but then i noticed the "grey area" and surprisingly - coil worked. I remember my very first test and unequipping the coil heavily lowered my clear speed.

What's concerning is that Mark doesn't address in-game tooltip. He only speaks how it should've been based on the keywords. The game's code for the coil might be different. I mean, the tooltip is taken directly from the game after all. The usual issue with tooltip is they DON'T show something rather than showing too much.

I can run 10 times with and without the coil using other bow for less RNG. I'm certain, belt will work.

EDIT: done 5 more runs with and without belt, used Lioneye's Glare. Non-belt runs never went over "A" in Avarius. Runs with belt always surpassed it. Speaks for itself.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 12 janv. 2019 14:29:10
January 19th, 2019:
Videos:
* Added Uber Elder deathless
* 3 new videos, T16 elder guardians: Constrictor / Eradicator / Enslaver

General:
* Guide renamed to:
Crimson Bow Gladiator, Tornado Shot + Ballista | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

Pros and Cons:
* Minor changes to reflect 3.5 changes and new discoveries

Passive Tree:
* Tree updated, now picks up Ironwood totem cluster. Requires level 93
* Commentary updated to reflect newest changes, also mentions possibility of respeccing inefficient pierce nodes if you have necessary gear.

Equipment:
* Updated current gear to my 3.5 BSC character.
* Rare body armour added as an option to Kintsugi/Loreweave.

Map Mods:
* Minor update, physical reflect and no leech can be run by spamming Siege Ballistas. Not pleasant, but works if you need that corrupted rare red map.

Path of Building:
* Updated PoB link
* Updated build's passive tree
* Minor changes to the gear, mostly properly multicrafted 7-link bow.
* Updated estimate dps numbers for the build.

===============================

Uber Elder deathless, that's a dream come true. Ryslatha's Coil buff, Ironwood cluster and bow with higher attack speed was all it took to destroy this fight. Damage was amazing, partially thanks to my investment into Blasphemer's grasp. Elder's ice spear and expanding nova was pretty much the only thing capable of stopping me.

Anyway, did a small update for now. The build barely changed from 3.4 -> 3.5, even after knowing all the possible mods. I'll update it properly later, as of now CA Raider needs more attention.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 19 janv. 2019 11:23:44
Wonderfully in-depth, especially the crafting and leveling/progression sections - pleasure to stumble across this from your Caustic Arrow guide!

I might be asking questions that may have been elided in edits/updates, but from the Gorge video, this build was at least given a test-run in SSF. How did it fare / what were the roadblocks encountered? I haven't run many bow builds before, so I'm not sure how much the impact of not having a feasible +2 Tornado Shot enchantment is on the build's ceiling/QoL. Likewise, I don't suppose you remember what any of the expunged non-Ryslatha's Coil belt options were? Also, while working towards an Elder Imperial/Citadel/Spine Bow base to craft, how viable would a Harbinger Bow be, if one was to farm up The Bowyer's Dream cards from Ashen Wood maps? I'm guessing the iL50 6L Short Bow from The Porcupine is best left to Toxic Rain/Herald of Agony/etc not looking to scale physical damage.

* How many amulets did you sacrifice to Jorgin to get your Horned Talisman?
* How did War Banner perform either leveling or in endgame?
* Are there any gems you'd prioritise for L21/20q or L20/23q corruption attempts?
Dernière édition par Haasts, le 21 janv. 2019 04:52:49
January 21st, 2019:
Videos:
* Added T16 Purifier and Grand Architect, Depth 283

"
Haasts a écrit :
Spoiler
Wonderfully in-depth, especially the crafting and leveling/progression sections - pleasure to stumble across this from your Caustic Arrow guide!

I might be asking questions that may have been elided in edits/updates, but from the Gorge video, this build was at least given a test-run in SSF. How did it fare / what were the roadblocks encountered? I haven't run many bow builds before, so I'm not sure how much the impact of not having a feasible +2 Tornado Shot enchantment is on the build's ceiling/QoL. Likewise, I don't suppose you remember what any of the expunged non-Ryslatha's Coil belt options were? Also, while working towards an Elder Imperial/Citadel/Spine Bow base to craft, how viable would a Harbinger Bow be, if one was to farm up The Bowyer's Dream cards from Ashen Wood maps? I'm guessing the iL50 6L Short Bow from The Porcupine is best left to Toxic Rain/Herald of Agony/etc not looking to scale physical damage.

* How many amulets did you sacrifice to Jorgin to get your Horned Talisman?
* How did War Banner perform either leveling or in endgame?
* Are there any gems you'd prioritise for L21/20q or L20/23q corruption attempts?

The SSF run was mostly to see how viable levelling as bleed is in a league start perspective. As indicated by levelling section (that used to not exist initially), it's possible and not even that bad. You just have to get used to the playstyle.

I took the build up to yellow maps. If you farm up tabula, i don't think there should be any roadblocks - at least not damage wise. You should be focusing purely on Tornado Shot until you find Skirmish quiver. Defence is much bigger issue, especially with the syndicate now.

+2 TS enchantment is not necessary, but it MASSIVELY increases clear speed and with that - defence. You will apply more bleed stacks on enemy, starting chain bleedsplosion earlier and destroying enemy corpses faster. Many projectiles/spells just disappear from existence on corpse explosion, preventing you from taking any damage.

Ryslatha's Coil is BiS, there are no real replacements. I suggest to try chancing it. Before that, just use normal rare belt with life and resistances. Flask mods are also VERY helpful.

I would advice against farming 6-link Harbinger. It has nice damage, but very low attack speed, it's gonna feel awful. I also never found that card personally. Humility, The Dapper Prodigy and Chains that Bind are all viable options of farming 6-link body armour while giving you freedom to craft good bow.

I think it took me 3 tries before i rolled Horned Talisman. On average it should be close to 10 tries i think. It's not necessary addition, but frees up 3 passive points. I didn't use War Banner at all, not enough mana to use it. Chance to Bleed and Maim benefit the most from +1 level. Especially the former.

Overall build is SSF viable, but it does require more investment than your typical spell build. That's why i state in pros/cons it's decent for SSF, but not great. It will work without them, just worse overall.
"
DankawSL a écrit :
January 21st, 2019:

I took the build up to yellow maps. If you farm up tabula, i don't think there should be any roadblocks - at least not damage wise. You should be focusing purely on Tornado Shot until you find Skirmish quiver. Defence is much bigger issue, especially with the syndicate now.

"

Ryslatha's Coil is BiS, there are no real replacements. I suggest to try chancing it. Before that, just use normal rare belt with life and resistances. Flask mods are also VERY helpful.

Good to know, and I guess you can always chance on Elder Two-Point Arrow Quivers and Studded Belts if you find them - IIRC "only" two chanceable uniques for each base, though I'm sure that means if I tried it I'd end up with Elder Asphyxia's Wrath and The Magnate. Never hurts to farm The Wretched, but quivers are a little harder to target (are they the only item type with no "random unique" divination card?) - just the beastcrafting shield/quiver recipe, and I suppose you could farm up Ancient Orbs via Zana's Harbinger mod and ... hmmn, I'll have to test the Hyrri's Bite vendor recipe to see if the item level's dependent on character level, but that should give you a 1/3 chance of getting Skirmish with an Ancient Orb on a L19-21 quiver.
(Update: Nope - the vendor recipe on a L20 character gave a L10 Hyrri's Bite, and using the four Ancient Orbs I had in SSF, turned into Rearguard(L28)=>Blackgleam(L22)=>Drillneck(L36)=>Blackgleam. I still don't understand why the Lycosidae trick works but seeming equivalents don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

It's a shame that using a Corroded Fossil on a belt to get the "(30–40)% increased Damage with Ailments" mod blocks elemental resistances.
Edit: Oh, if it's not worth using Siege Ballista until you have Skirmish, I suppose a Kaom's Heart wouldn't be a terrible chest in the interim if you have a decently linked bow and don't mind spamming Volcano maps.

"

+2 TS enchantment is not necessary, but it MASSIVELY increases clear speed and with that - defence. You will apply more bleed stacks on enemy, starting chain bleedsplosion earlier and destroying enemy corpses faster. Many projectiles/spells just disappear from existence on corpse explosion, preventing you from taking any damage.

Makes sense - I've generally run SSF builds that are fairly helm-enchantment agnostic, or can make use of a Bone Helmet and Spiritual Aid. Speaking of the latter, it's a bit of a stretch to reach Spiritual Aid above Resolute Technique, but I guess it'd scale the bleeds/bleedsplosions a little - have you experimented with it?

"

I would advice against farming 6-link Harbinger. It has nice damage, but very low attack speed, it's gonna feel awful. I also never found that card personally. Humility, The Dapper Prodigy and Chains that Bind are all viable options of farming 6-link body armour while giving you freedom to craft good bow.

Good to know (I too haven't found a lot of The Bowyer's Dream, but was mildly interested in farming a few hundred Ashen Woods to get some data on the droprate of The Enlightened). I'm interested in how Betrayal content/Jun will be integrated into the main game like Niko/Alva, and how feasible e.g. targeting Elder Scarabs to use in high-level maps to target Elder bases.

"

I didn't use War Banner at all, not enough mana to use it. Chance to Bleed and Maim benefit the most from +1 level. Especially the former.

Ah, OK, saw the L20/20q War Banner in Mordechai_Heller's gloves and wondered if it was something you were experimenting with. Would be good option to use while levelling, at any rate.
Dernière édition par Haasts, le 22 janv. 2019 02:41:59

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires