[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
Archimtiros a écrit :
You're absolutely right about the opportunity cost (although, as you say the build already mows through trash so the ramp of Impale isn't overly important), but one thing to note - War Banner isn't a more multiplier unless it's alone. Because it's additive with other take increased effects (of which we have several between Intimidate, Maim, and Vulnerability), that loss is actually a bit smaller (again not considering any accuracy implications).

I was just looking at the numbers in PoB where I enable/disable it. I think it displays something like 14.6%. Even if it's not perfectly accurate it should be somewhere close, no?
In any case we're using dread banner now for the max impale stacks so not really that important anymore.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Hi, I like your guide and your active responses and since I am still looking for a build I think I found my starter.

Now reading through the last pages there is a lot of changes. Me as downright old fuck and noob just needs a final guide :)

No pressure but will there be a final build today that a scrub like me can follow?

Thank you for your work :)
"
devon752 a écrit :
"
Archimtiros a écrit :
You're absolutely right about the opportunity cost (although, as you say the build already mows through trash so the ramp of Impale isn't overly important), but one thing to note - War Banner isn't a more multiplier unless it's alone. Because it's additive with other take increased effects (of which we have several between Intimidate, Maim, and Vulnerability), that loss is actually a bit smaller (again not considering any accuracy implications).

I was just looking at the numbers in PoB where I enable/disable it. I think it displays something like 14.6%. Even if it's not perfectly accurate it should be somewhere close, no?
In any case we're using dread banner now for the max impale stacks so not really that important anymore.

If you're talking about War Banner, that's including the accuracy loss (and since last I checked your build wasn't capped on accuracy, that makes a difference). it's also not including the double maim, so it'll diminish a little bit further still.

We don't know what the new accuracy formula is exactly yet or how much we'll need, so that's a bit up in the air at the moment.

As an aside, after looking at the updated tree, I'm not sure the Steadfast Fortify wheel is necessary (unless the build just feels too squishy) - part of its value is extra Fortify Effect while stationary which Cyclone never will be. Likewise, Lust for Carnage isn't very strong (attack speed is the worst damage scaler, and the minor leech bonuses are pretty arbitrary for such a fast attacking build). That could free you up to take Blade Master/Disemboweling again. I also still think that Graceful Assault (4s Onslaught 10% on kill) is that great, but personal preference and all that!

This is the build I've been playing around with -

The last four points can either go into Brutal Blade, Wrecking Ball, or you drop a damage by taking 1 point from the Disemboweling and Blade of Cunning clusters in order to have 6 free points to either path north to the Devotion life cluster (20% inc max life) or find a way to work the Steadfast fortify wheel back in.

Alternatively, you could take a bandit reward instead of the 2 points, but I feel like this tree demands all the passive points you can get!
Dernière édition par Archimtiros, le 7 juin 2019 05:59:25
Appreciate the last minute updates and insights to the build, Devon.

Also to Archimtiros for your insights and thoughts on it as well. Enjoyed your Warrior contributions throughout playing WoW.

Definitely has me sold on a starter this league.

Cheers.
First of all thanks for your work!
Finally i found something that i realy want:
1. Melee
2. Crit
3. Slayer
I hope it will works well on the start and i will not play third in a row league as a Ngamahu chieftan...:(
Dernière édition par Ixnayd, le 7 juin 2019 06:11:04
"
Terkeal a écrit :

Also to Archimtiros for your insights and thoughts on it as well. Enjoyed your Warrior contributions throughout playing WoW.

Cheers.

Appreciate it. Devon's done the hard work here, I'm just backseat driving.
I saw that you keep in enlighten and war banner gloves, wouldn't it be better to add also vaal haste?.
Thanks for your work, you're a milestone in the build of path of exile
"
Archimtiros a écrit :
If you're talking about War Banner, that's including the accuracy loss (and since last I checked your build wasn't capped on accuracy, that makes a difference). it's also not including the double maim, so it'll diminish a little bit further still.

We don't know what the new accuracy formula is exactly yet or how much we'll need, so that's a bit up in the air at the moment.

As an aside, after looking at the updated tree, I'm not sure the Steadfast Fortify wheel is necessary (unless the build just feels too squishy) - part of its value is extra Fortify Effect while stationary which Cyclone never will be. Likewise, Lust for Carnage isn't very strong (attack speed is the worst damage scaler, and the minor leech bonuses are pretty arbitrary for such a fast attacking build). That could free you up to take Blade Master/Disemboweling again. I also still think that Graceful Assault (4s Onslaught 10% on kill) is that great, but personal preference and all that!

This is the build I've been playing around with -

The last four points can either go into Brutal Blade, Wrecking Ball, or you drop a damage by taking 1 point from the Disemboweling and Blade of Cunning clusters in order to have 6 free points to either path north to the Devotion life cluster (20% inc max life) or find a way to work the Steadfast fortify wheel back in.

Alternatively, you could take a bandit reward instead of the 2 points, but I feel like this tree demands all the passive points you can get!

I've actually posted the build with or without the fortify nodes (as it was initially) and I've removed the Maim gem all together since we need to use impale and infused channeling.
Also why not use 2 points for the bottom leech? It maxes it out and keeps you leeching without blood rage.
EDIT: a thing I forgot to mention, I think onslaught on kill will be really good because I think this build will be lacking speed a bit. We will have to switch a stat on a flask for bleed immunity.

p.s. Thank you for all the input.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Dernière édition par devon752, le 7 juin 2019 06:20:20
"
roetetoet a écrit :
Hi, I like your guide and your active responses and since I am still looking for a build I think I found my starter.

Now reading through the last pages there is a lot of changes. Me as downright old fuck and noob just needs a final guide :)

No pressure but will there be a final build today that a scrub like me can follow?

Thank you for your work :)

Dw, there will be a final guide. It will be final as soon as we get the PoB update. For now, use the version/s I've posted at the start of the build guide under "pastabin" I will probably end up with one stable build or 2 iterations of it.

And no problem, I'm so glad people keep coming. It's really all the motivation I need to keep it going.

"
Monta88 a écrit :
I saw that you keep in enlighten and war banner gloves, wouldn't it be better to add also vaal haste?.
Thanks for your work, you're a milestone in the build of path of exile

It's Dread banner, but it's empty because we're still waiting for all the Auras to come out.
And of course thank you for checking it out!

"
Ixnayd a écrit :
First of all thanks for your work!
Finally i found something that i realy want:
1. Melee
2. Crit
3. Slayer
I hope it will works well on the start and i will not play third in a row league as a Ngamahu chieftan...:(

No problem!
And it will work fine, I'm sure of it :D

"
Terkeal a écrit :

Cheers.

No problem, thank you for checking it out!
"
Akbir a écrit :
Has anyone here seen Waggle's take on a starforge slayer cyclone build yet?

https://pastebin.com/wTqpcmLi

Do you think he's missing a lot by not traveling to the right side of the tree? His build is definitely more HC focused and looks to have a juicy amount of life. I'm pretty split on if I want to go vaal pact or not tho.

I hope that's not bad ettiquette to link his work here.

Does waggle have a build thread anywhere?
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires