new(old) player looking for advice on new HC build(champion/reave?)

Hello forums!

I'm a new player(as in new to all the changes in PoE, I'm actually quite the old player in here) that doesn't understand much of the new mechanics and meta(10 acts?!?! wtf?!), looking for a build to start the game again with, and in HC, possibly even self found.

I don't plan on like being pro and scamm- I mean flexing on people with my pro trades, so I would like something, again, self found, and kinda inexpensive.

I digged around a little, and decided that probably a Duelist Champion using Reave(I like Duelist as a character and I like melee skills with alot of range) would be a nice option; tanky, with sustain, and should deal plently of damage.

What do you think of this?

Skilltree for the gist of the build;
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/build/r3nWu7

Took alot of life, life regen, life leech, armor, block and resist nodes.
I also have the option of branching a little more into templar if I needed some more tankyness, and plently of damage nodes around me, and even near the block nodes themselves.
Plus grabbed synergies with auras, fortify, and some mana/mana regene/mana leech.

Is this trash?
What is the meta rn?
Is Iron reflexes still good?
Should I take shield or go 2h(I would like to stay in hardcore)?
What support gems would Reave benefit the most from?
Does the Champion Fortify perk benefit from the nodes that increase the effectiveness of auras?
Would this build be expensive?
Any other kind of advice?
Dernière édition par kadrek91, le 15 mars 2018 03:55:09
Dernier bump le 30 avr. 2018 21:05:13
No insights? Nothing?
I'm really questioning the sword & board, I don't know if using a 2w would be better, but the shield should give me so much more defense!
Dernière édition par kadrek91, le 15 mars 2018 20:41:40
Check out Mathil's Blade Flurry/Reave/Dual Strike Champion on Youtube it looks pretty solid. Other super budget choice for Reave/BF would be Baldersh's 15c BF Bringer of Rain Champion (its in the marauder section but now it recomends using Champion). A lot of poeple use dual wielding right now with stat-stick (offhand weapon with global mods) however i dont know if i recomend using this builds in HC, since you would have arund 6k life. You should check also how people build Juggernaut this is more defensive option(check poebuilds.io)
Dernière édition par Yuu07, le 16 mars 2018 05:45:12
"
Yuu07 a écrit :
Check out Mathil's Blade Flurry/Reave/Dual Strike Champion on Youtube it looks pretty solid. Other super budget choice for Reave/BF would be Baldersh's 15c BF Bringer of Rain Champion (its in the marauder section but now it recomends using Champion). A lot of poeple use dual wielding right now with stat-stick (offhand weapon with global mods) however i dont know if i recomend using this builds in HC, since you would have arund 6k life. You should check also how people build Juggernaut this is more defensive option(check poebuilds.io)

You're telling me duelist is not tanky enough for hc? :(
I never played hardcore so dont ask me :D Its probably more of a matter of your playstyle and whether you focus on survivability more than dps. Jugg ascendancy gives more survi because of endurance charges, Champ gives more dps because of taunt and adrenaline. Skill trees are mostly similar.

Tbh i wouldnt play blade flurry in hc at all, because this is a little all-in/yolo skill xD
"
Yuu07 a écrit :
I never played hardcore so dont ask me :D Its probably more of a matter of your playstyle and whether you focus on survivability more than dps. Jugg ascendancy gives more survi because of endurance charges, Champ gives more dps because of taunt and adrenaline. Skill trees are mostly similar.

Tbh i wouldnt play blade flurry in hc at all, because this is a little all-in/yolo skill xD

Yeah thats why I just want to use Reave, it's a nice AoE and also kinda long range ability
anyway I died at lv22 gotta restart :P
I haven't looked at your tree yet but the champion ascendancy is a very solid choice for hc. It won't take much effort to start farming maps up to yellows with either sunder, reave or cleave as long as you keep your gear updated. Fortitude should always be the first ascendancy you get. It is absolutely amazing.

Once you've farmed up some maps (white/yellow) you can consider switching to a bow champion. I got to level 92 in hardcore beastiary using an elder dex scaling cold damage build (absolutely overpowered) You probably shouldn't go this path in SSF. Having 100% fortify upkeep on a ranged character is almost overkill in defense plus you get 100% hit rate for yourself and your whole party which is basically giving your entire party a free lycosidae (5ex shield). Not to mention all the other defensive benefits you get from champion nodes.

Another option to consider after farming maps is making a facebreaker totem champion. Basically your standard favebreaker while build using a bringer of rain. You can easily do uber lab on a budget to farm up some currency to save up for the bow build or take reave, cleave, sunder to a higher level with gg gear.

My bow champion died to elder shaper because I was very careless. My dps was high enough to melt him. Check my profile 'altefour' for the tree (my equipment is stashed away) But you can find the deadeye version on the forums.

Other than that don't be afraid to just try stuff and die and try again. Happy hunting.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires