[3.8] ♛ Hank the Tank™ ♛ - The Manliest Man ☛ Cleave & Bladestorm [Delve 500+][Uber Atziri/Elder]

"
unhack a écrit :
cast blood rage at starting map

Thanks for the answer.... but if I am not mistaken, Blood rage will give me frenzy charges, not endurance charges.

In between I tried to swap Increased duration support with Immortal call (I though I was lacking survivability vs big packs somehow), went down from 4 deaths per hour (I suck I know) to 0 in 4h on similar maps and mods.

I think it has to do with my tendancy to want to burn everything with RF.

I would like to swap again immortal call, but I want to have a permanent way to generate endurance charges first. I don't need the res but I need the extra damage reduction.

And maybe to finally ascend.

Did anyone tried to compare Master of Metal with Conqueror? I know what the author said, I am asking for other opinions, that I will ponderate, before choosing what I want.

Thanks a lot.

A bit of feedback.... if you are trying to lvl up Hank from lvl 1... Don't be a dumbass (like someone I know but don't want to disclose for fear of additional shame) and don't take the fortify nodes, otherwise you will feel clunky until you finish the second lab.

Otherwise, Great build !!! I am having a blast. Might try to kill Shaper this league.

Mistakes are allowed when playing (i.e. you don't 'one shot die' usually) + you get to burn everything while cutting them with swords !!! (bad bad bad joke: if playing with RF, for additonal RP, yell 'Allah Ahkbar' (or 'Deus Vult', depending on who you pray) each time you enter a pack of monsters).

"I'M lovin it"
"
nxus a écrit :

A bit of feedback.... if you are trying to lvl up Hank from lvl 1... Don't be a dumbass (like someone I know but don't want to disclose for fear of additional shame) and don't take the fortify nodes, otherwise you will feel clunky until you finish the second lab.

yeah that is true, you have to think even if you are playing facehank :D
but there is an option to have those nodes before completing second lab.Just link fortify to your whirling blade-leap slam, so you will have fortify turned on when smashing face to enemy :)
"
nxus a écrit :
"
unhack a écrit :

Thanks for the answer.... but if I am not mistaken, Blood rage will give me frenzy charges, not endurance charges.

That is correct. Enduring Cry is the only way to get Endurance charges on this build. This is not Jugg where you get free charges.

"
nxus a écrit :
In between I tried to swap Increased duration support with Immortal call (I though I was lacking survivability vs big packs somehow), went down from 4 deaths per hour (I suck I know) to 0 in 4h on similar maps and mods.

That's called a placebo effect. Immortal Call only prevents Physical damage and we already cap out on PDR with Armour, charges and Basalt.

"
nxus a écrit :
I think it has to do with my tendancy to want to burn everything with RF.

Thanks for the laugh :D And please tell me you are joking.

"
nxus a écrit :
I don't need the res but I need the extra damage reduction.

What you need is to fill out Life nodes, exchange your Rotgut for a Silver flask and your Mana flask for a Basalt and instead of a second Life flask you should be running either a Jade or Granite flask, or a Lion's Roar. And replace the Quicksilver with a Sulphur.

It doesn't surprise me that you die since you skip important flask affixes such as Bleed removal and Curse removal. The reason why Immortal Call felt better is probably because you kept dying to Corrupting Blood or Bleed in general (some mobs inflict very nasty bleeds), which Armour doesn't mitigate (also mentioned in the guide).

"
nxus a écrit :

I mean... there is specifically leveling info in the Character section that tells you that. I added that several weeks ago.
Proud creator of Hank the Tank™:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087746
☛ ♨ ♂ ✌ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ♂ ♨ ✌ ☚
Dernière édition par CaptainWARLORD, le 9 janv. 2019 14:09:22
"
CaptainWARLORD a écrit :
"
nxus a écrit :
"
unhack a écrit :

That is correct. Enduring Cry is the only way to get Endurance charges on this build. This is not Jugg where you get free charges.

So if it is connected with Ancestral Protector then it stacked by placing a totem? Did not even noticed icons on fight lol :)
Dernière édition par unhack, le 9 janv. 2019 14:24:08
"
unhack a écrit :
So if it is connected with Ancestral Protector then it stacked by placing a totem? Did not even noticed icons on fight lol :)

How do you mean? Enduring Cry is not a Support gem and the totem can't get Endurance charges with it. If you link Endurance Charge on Stun Support to it, then only the totem will get charges every time it stuns a mob.

"Linking" Enduring Cry to Ancestral Protector does nothing.
"
CaptainWARLORD a écrit :
Thanks for the laugh :D And please tell me you are joking.

I was half joking. If Vaal RF is ready, a big pack is coming and I am not under Adrenaline.... RF and Vaal RF it is. Everytime. Especially vs the Betrayers. I even go around them and kill mobs around to get charges just to barbecue these bitches.

And it works.

The fact is I am also stupid (and have big fingers :) ) and sometimes press hotkeys I should not and trigger RF while Adrenaline is not availlable.

Thank you for your time. I am amazed you took the time to look at my Kawabunghank and look/tell me what I lacked.

"
CaptainWARLORD a écrit :
That's called a placebo effect. Immortal Call only prevents Physical damage and we already cap out on PDR with Armour, charges and Basalt.

I agree with you. Gonna try removing it and replace it with Increased duration again. Already copied your idea with the CWDT/blade Flurry etc. And I liked it also.

"
CaptainWARLORD a écrit :
It doesn't surprise me that you die since you skip important flask affixes such as Bleed removal and Curse removal. The reason why Immortal Call felt better is probably because you kept dying to Corrupting Blood or Bleed in general (some mobs inflict very nasty bleeds), which Armour doesn't mitigate (also mentioned in the guide).

I read that part and no it was not corrupting blood or Bleed that was killing me. Maybe server spikes? I don't know, sometimes I would be in the middle of a pack, no debuff on me, AND BAM dead. Nothing in particular indicating (no huge aoe etc) that I will die. Just suddenly 100% -> 0%. Maybe I should move arround.

"
CaptainWARLORD a écrit :
I mean... there is specifically leveling info in the Character section that tells you that. I added that several weeks ago.

I know. I missed it when I started levelling up and only saw it a couple days ago. Your guide is thorough.

Gonna copy your flask (or at least inspire from that) and then see how it goes.

Thanks again for your time !

EDIT: after swapping the flasks, it works much better. I did remove immortal call, no sudden one-shot despite 'asking for it'. Maybe the mods were more rippy than what I thought. Thanks a lot (again).
Dernière édition par nxus, le 9 janv. 2019 16:25:18
But question about endurance charges is still open, how to collect them? is it only way of casting it every time? Just noticed that i probably playing without it at all :)
p.s
yes i am very stupid in those complicated gems like support and charges gain. Last league i was playing as a molten inquisitor and started to use blood rage only after kill Elder at t12 because i did not know that it should be used :)
"
unhack a écrit :
But question about endurance charges is still open, how to collect them? is it only way of casting it every time? Just noticed that i probably playing without it at all :)
p.s
yes i am very stupid in those complicated gems like support and charges gain. Last league i was playing as a molten inquisitor and started to use blood rage only after kill Elder at t12 because i did not know that it should be used :)

Yup for us since we are not a jugg we can only get endurance charges from enduring cry.

Champion's thing is 100% uptime on fortify and a huge damage spike when we almost die.

Jugg's thing is almost 100% mindless endurance charge uptime.
Have one more question about tree
Is it better to get Sould of Steel instead of Life and Armour nodes? Elem res and additional physical reduction or go even for Combat Stamina?
Dernière édition par unhack, le 10 janv. 2019 12:25:49
"
unhack a écrit :
Have one more question about tree
Is it better to get Sould of Steel instead of Life and Armour nodes? Elem res and additional physical reduction or go even for Combat Stamina?

Soul of Steel isn't worth it because of the travel points.

Even as your last few points after lvl 95 it's still not worth it since you can pick up Tireless for another 20% HP, which is ultimately much better. Combat Stamina is also not worth it compared to Tireless.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires