[3.8] ♛ Hank the Tank™ ♛ - The Manliest Man ☛ Cleave & Bladestorm [Delve 500+][Uber Atziri/Elder]

"
DTD_Hiro a écrit :
I've been having a great time with this build, face tanked everything through Kitava.

But then something happened when I finished the Acts. Got the requisite final nerf to my resists which put them pretty low so I picked up some boots with good rolls and added gems with resists, they are sitting in the mid 60 range.
I know that's not ideal, but it shouldn't be a death sentence, but that the issue; I get killed by freaking everything now, trash mobs are killing me. I'm at about 3.5k hp at lv68 (working on the big HP wheel currently), 23k armor with 83%phys dmg mitigation. I should doing ok for t1 maps, but I'm getting killed by anything and everything. I've had to go back to farming Act 10 zones to save up for a good pair of gloves because I die in maps non stop.

Not sure why.

I am missing some good gloves (using slitherpinch for the leech atm) but otherwise my gear is the same as in the guide.

Completely opposite for me.
Due to having bad old pc and makeshift semaphore internet connection, I died circa 50 times during the ten acts - but once I've hit maps, I started plowing through everything.
Labs were a joke except for cruel one (since reaching Sarn doesn't actually mean you are strong enough to go through clab), and once I was done with trials, I roflstomped through uberlab as well for the first time in my life.
I'm now 85 and I am able to steadily clear uberlab, yellow maps and league bosses. I only die when due to lags I am unable to hold rmb while jumping around.

My setup is a bit different, I took several eleresist nodes to cap myself, as my equip was just plainly bad, and even now it's not that good. I'm finishing off hp ring and running 4200hp, 35k armor and resists tightly close to the cap. The only actual WALLS I've encountered so far were Atziri (the place is stupid hard for some reason) and shit drops of yellow+ quality maps. Apparrntly if you don't grind 4+ hours each day - that's normal.

I also run double threshold jewels for cleave aoe. I do have permafortify from asc tree, but only because other options are just not good at all, so perma>conditional.

Thanks for the guide, btw. My strongest char so far.
Dernière édition par wazuzuz, le 26 mars 2018 06:15:13
My champion has arrived in T14 maps by the weekend. I never had such a tanky character. Investing into Reckless Defense and Watcher's Eye to cap my block/spell block to 75% and crit mult reduction to 100% really paid off.

I died 5 times on my way to 91.

0.) Did not die until maps. First time. Yeah!
1.) First time was with 4k life early in the 80s while standing next to a loot box. Some mobs spawned they imploded instantly and I dropped dead. No totem map so no fucking clue what that was.
2.) Played with a friend in a ancient pyramid map layout. He cycloned into a small room. I leaped two seconds behind him in that room. Guess what. Tiny room. Full of bears. :-)
3+4.) We tried Atziri first time. He cycloned Atziri phase two with his Dischargeer. I panicked. Died twice until we scored the kill.
5.) My character got super tanky ever since. Only thing that really fucks me up big time is oneshot boss mechanics and whirling fucking blades. I have it on space to whirl around at will. But with the sheer amount attack speed holding down space can rubberband the whirl back and forth between the two positions. WHAT THE FUCK GIGIGI! That killed me once at Malformation because instead of whirling away from the laser it whirled in and out against the fucking laser. Nearly got me killed on the lightning laser Seawitch aswell. I really would use Leap instead. But Leap sometimes does nothing when in a close call situation (bears!) and you panickly click jump to the edge of the screen. The dude will fucking walk half screen and then fucking jump. WHAT THE FUCK.
Yet...whirling blades is good. Saved me a couple of times and it normally works alright when clicking to the edge of screen in a panick situation.

AoE is lacking. Cleave is not Reave. Kill speed on packs in acceptable. Boss dps is slow but steady.

Thanks to Reckless defense my vulnerability against magic damage is gone.
Dernière édition par zorker, le 27 mars 2018 09:05:06
Things are much better now. Like a dummy I had missed a couple of skill point turn ins, so now with more life, better resists I'm doing fine. Good pair of gloves did wonders
Running Uber nice and easy, even with full charge up on disruptors I'm doing pretty well for a slow poke.

One question though. Once you take Worthy Foe, do you drop Resolute Technique?
Hello.
The first jewel socket, next to Golem's Blood, there is no 40 Strenght in range for Overhelming Odds to give Fotify to Cleave. Or i just miss something. Please help, i'm confused.

... oh! So i don't need to allocate 40 strength... Ok, i get is. Sorry.
Dernière édition par Dehogyde, le 4 avr. 2018 10:27:19
i dont understand... the helm says "cant use body armour" and you have body armour as part of your gear.... please help me understands

on top of that.... thiefs torment costs 23+ chaos for the first 2 listed... 1 ex for the third.... those arent starter prices...
Dernière édition par BHPhreak, le 3 avr. 2018 12:25:45
"
BHPhreak a écrit :
i dont understand... the helm says "cant use body armour" and you have body armour as part of your gear.... please help me understands

on top of that.... thiefs torment costs 23+ chaos for the first 2 listed... 1 ex for the third.... those arent starter prices...

You can equip chest before equip the helm, but after it the chest has no effect, like if you don't wear it. But you can put gems to the chest sockets. You can't use them, but they gain xp, so can level 12 gems with weapon swap, and it' cool.
Hello,

I'm currently leveling this build in the Flashback League and have some questions. First, You have two Aura's present, Grace and Determination. I just recently hit 58 and got both of my Ochimonji's. I can run both aura's now, but my mana is very low and I see your build doesn't actually call for a mana pot.

How do you sustain your mana in gameplay? Am I just missing something simple here?

Love the build, thanks for your help!
"
UnNerv3d a écrit :
Hello,

I'm currently leveling this build in the Flashback League and have some questions. First, You have two Aura's present, Grace and Determination. I just recently hit 58 and got both of my Ochimonji's. I can run both aura's now, but my mana is very low and I see your build doesn't actually call for a mana pot.

How do you sustain your mana in gameplay? Am I just missing something simple here?

Love the build, thanks for your help!

Thief's Torment gives all the Mana on hit you need. If you find yourself to be lacking base Mana to use the skill in the first place, grab a Mana node on the tree or get flat Mana on gear until you are higher level.
Proud creator of Hank the Tank™:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087746
☛ ♨ ♂ ✌ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ♂ ♨ ✌ ☚
Perfect that was the piece I was missing...

One additional question, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer. On your vid's I don't see the enduring cry on the bar... My CWDT gem doesn't seem to proc it even though they are linked, I'm also not seeing the animation on your vids, can you explain?

Thanks again... This was my first character to deathless Kitava.
Dernière édition par UnNerv3d, le 10 mai 2018 22:03:07
"
UnNerv3d a écrit :
Perfect that was the piece I was missing...

One additional question, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer. On your vid's I don't see the enduring cry on the bar... My CWDT gem doesn't seem to proc it even though they are linked, I'm also not seeing the animation on your vids, can you explain?

Thanks again... This was my first character to deathless Kitava.

I made 2 versions. 1 with and 1 without Enduring Cry. I used the variant without it.

Also, Enduring Cry can only be manually cast since it's a Warcry. A long time ago CWDT used to cast it that way, but that was fixed because of the very popular (and also broken) combo of CWDT + EC + IC, granting you Physical immunity for pretty much 100% of the time.

PS: If you check the trees, you'll see 2 versions listed.
Proud creator of Hank the Tank™:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087746
☛ ♨ ♂ ✌ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ♂ ♨ ✌ ☚

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires