[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
aquasnow93 a écrit :
I've tried to pm you but I think we're on different time zone so its quite difficult to get in touch. I tried getting the claws but I think the sword has more damage so I'm holding out until bloodseeker. I would appreciate any help I can get from you in game if I catch you online. Also I feel that rage is very underwhelming because it takes a while to rack up 50 stacks and even by then I enter the next zone and end up with zero again. Regarding the timeless jewel, I can't seem to find one with the exact seed number as you. I dont really understand how it works too. Should I just get a number as close as possible to yours and just hope for the best?

Edit: why raider instead of berserker? Sorry if it's been asked before. Most people on poeninja are on berserker.

Edit 2: should I spend 4 exalted on a 6 linked chest with maim and minus 15 cost of skill?

I will be online later today. Around 18:30 GMT+2 (6:30pm) if not earlier, and will probably stream from then til 23:30ish GMT+2 (Swedish time). I don't know what time zone you are in, but judging from your forum posts, it doesn't seem to be a huge difference (You wrote a message 7pm in my time yesterday, for example).

I totally get the feeling about rage. if you think that it is annoying you can play with Increased Melee Phys, or Fortify instead.
The big bonus of using rage is that it is required if you want to use berserk, which is an incredible damage burst. You only need 5 rage to enable it, and no matter how much rage you have, the effect is the same. The difference is how long it lasts (on 5 rage it barely lasts a second though), but it doesn't matter if you enable rage on 20-30-40-50. You still get the same burst. I prefer rage, but I totally get if you don't.

If you can get a good 6L for 4ex, then that is totally worth it. Just make sure it has some life as well.

When I made the build about 7 leagues ago, Berserker looked a lot different from what it does now.The flow you get from raider when you have frenzy charges is really satisfying. And when you are playing this build, you are pretty much always on 8-9 frenzy charges.
But there are advantages and disadvantages of playing both berserker and raider.

I know that most people on Poeninja are berserker. I would guess that has more to do with which classes are being played, rather than what is better. GGG got a lot of critique this league because they didn't change raider. But I really like raider. So a lot of people didn't play raider because they thought the class was bad for some reason. They probably won't change raider next league either though.
Also, it's important to remember, that most people on the top of Poe.Ninja inflate their DPS by equipping stuff they don't normally use, just to inflate the numbers. And poe.ninja doesn't take a lot of stuff into effect. When I log out, I usually don't equip the gear that give me insane damage. I usually have the gear that I clear with. That leaves me lower dps. The position I have right now is with Ancestral call equipped, I don't have Abyssus equipped. I have jewels that don't give me any damage against bosses, etc.

As for the lethal pride, you shouldn't look for one with the same numbers. You should find one that give you the best bonuses. My version isn't the best one.
The only way to know if a Lethal Pride is good for you or not, is to place it in a socket and look at the surrounding ones.
It's easier to explain this on stream and show you.

Don't panic.
I will start streaming a bit later today.

Around 19:30-20:00.

Don't panic.
Hi I have about 12 ex saved up. Can you please look at my character and let me know how to progress now? I just reached maps. Not sure if I should get a good crafted claw or a good body armor first. It would be great if you can link me the exact weapon or armor to buy with my currency. League's ending and I don't care about standard. Thanks!
"
aquasnow93 a écrit :
Hi I have about 12 ex saved up. Can you please look at my character and let me know how to progress now? I just reached maps. Not sure if I should get a good crafted claw or a good body armor first. It would be great if you can link me the exact weapon or armor to buy with my currency. League's ending and I don't care about standard. Thanks!

Looking at your character there are a few things that strike out.

I'll start by answering your question about claws/armour.
Both are important, and 12 exalts should be enough to get you both.
But you have incredibly low life right now. You probably should invest in an armour with high life on it.
http://poe.trade/search/isikohasionase all of those are very good, but remember that you need to have enough currency to fix the colors. Only good way to do that is to use the crafting recipe "at least 3 red sockets". It costs 125 chromatics every attempt though and if you are unlucky you can end up spending 1000+ chromatics.
http://poe.trade/search/nonaniarisasuk If you don't feel like spending 5+ exalts these are also very good, since they give you lots of life.

http://poe.trade/search/ohikukunidoyom
These are good claws. Try to find one with as high pdps as possible within your budget, and make sure it has crit chance and the penetration mod on it.
If you can't find a good one online you can always lower the dps a bit, or get a claw without the penetration but higher DPS. But to beat a claw with 400Pdps and penetration on it, you'd need insane amounts of DPS.
As an example, my claw has 451PDPS and 16% penetration. For me to get more damage from a pure PDPS claw, I'd need a claw with 529PDPS(!), Assuming they have the same crit chance.

This claw is really good. This is a real catch. He has almost 400Pdps and penetration. But also really high crit chance. If you got this one, you really wouldn't need to bother finding another claw.

Other notes:
I'm not sure if it's PoB or what it is, but it shows that you have no gloves and amulet? Get a pair of shaper's touch (pref with +1 frenzy) and hyrri's bite/pandemonius. Pandemonius is the best choice, but also expensive. Also, get an Atziri's Promise flask. It's really cheap, but very good.

Your shield is nice, but it has very low life on it. I'd try to replace it, but it's not priority #1.

Also, I realize you are only level 68, but get a mark of the elder and a shaped ring when you can.

On another note you don't have berserk, vaal haste, and frost bomb. Get those.
They are all huge dps bursts.
You also don't have Herald of Ice. You're supposed to use that.

Don't panic.
Howdy! Could you check my ranger and give me your thoughts on it? I really like the build and can easily say that it's my favorite build in the entire game. Now that 3.8 was announced, I'd like to see if I can min/max this build.

Obviously my shield could use some work, as well as a good Shaper ring and my chest piece. Lastly, are there any good methods of swapping from ruthless to multistrike and vice versa? I know hot-swapping exists, but it seems too pace-killing for me to swap, so I usually just pop all my CD's and go nuts with multistrike still equipped.

Thanks for your reply!
"
Æsîr a écrit :
Howdy! Could you check my ranger and give me your thoughts on it? I really like the build and can easily say that it's my favorite build in the entire game. Now that 3.8 was announced, I'd like to see if I can min/max this build.

Obviously my shield could use some work, as well as a good Shaper ring and my chest piece. Lastly, are there any good methods of swapping from ruthless to multistrike and vice versa? I know hot-swapping exists, but it seems too pace-killing for me to swap, so I usually just pop all my CD's and go nuts with multistrike still equipped.

Thanks for your reply!

I am JUST heading to work, so I won't have time to answer you right now. :(

But I'll reply to you when I get back, assuming that I remember to (Otherwise just scream at me in game or on my stream). :)

I'll be back in about 6 hrs.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver a écrit :

But I'll reply to you when I get back, assuming that I remember to (Otherwise just scream at me in game or on my stream). :)

I'm pretty sure we have about a 7 hour time difference assuming that I have my time zones correct. I'm actually just starting work right now, so I don't think I'll be able to message you in game. It's no trouble though. I'm just looking to have an expert's opinion on where I can improve. Thanks for your quick reply!
"
Æsîr a écrit :
"
Fiver a écrit :

I'm pretty sure we have about a 7 hour time difference assuming that I have my time zones correct. I'm actually just starting work right now, so I don't think I'll be able to message you in game. It's no trouble though. I'm just looking to have an expert's opinion on where I can improve. Thanks for your quick reply!

Ok so I'm looking at your build right now. Let's start with skillgems.

There aren't terribly many things to change, but I have a few notes.
You need to get quality on your 6L, and you should get a Vaal Ancestral Warchief.

I see that you are currently not using any curse. Ideal scenario is to get a ring with "curse enemies with level # assassin's mark on hit".
If you can't get that, I'd link a Curse on Hit setup to your Frost Bomb.
There isn't really that much else to comment on.

As for hot-swapping. The best scenario is to switch between Ancestral Call and Ruthless. I've been making a video the last two days that I plan on uploading today or tomorrow. In the gameplay section you can see how I do it without losing momentum and stacks for the boss.
If you don't like switching, I'd stick with ruthless. It would mean that your clearspeed would be worse but you'd do more single target damage.

"
I usually just pop all my CD's and go nuts with multistrike still equipped.

You should always have Multistrike equipped. The gems you should be switching between are Ancestral Call and Ruthless.
So your setup should be: FB - EDWAS - Hypo - Rage - Multi - (AC/Ruth)

Items:
You should get a Diamond flask with freeze immunity, and when you can you should get a Lion's Roar.
There's no need for 2 life flasks. Get rid of one of them and use an "eternal life flask" with bleed immunity.
I would also get rid of the mana flask.

Your claw could have a lot higher DPS. The one you are using has 309, which is pretty low. I don't think it would be very expensive to get a new one. :)
Aim for a claw with at least 360-370 PDPS. Ideal is to get above 400. And it's also important that the claw has the elemental penetration modifier on it.

As you say, your shield could use some work. It needs to have a lot more life. Aside from that, there's nothing wrong with it. You should try getting some resists on it as well, if possible.

Your body armour needs to be replaced as well. Try to find one with at least 100+ to maximum life and the "increased maximum life" modifier (or if it has a free prefix you can craft it yourself).
If you use a zodiac armour as base, you don't really need to focus too much on getting high evasion on the body armour, since it already has a pretty high base evasion.

Your ring isn't really good for you. The energy shield isn't helpful and the physical damage is the lowest possible roll.
If you can't get an Assassin's Mark ring, then you should aim for one with Life and Resists. EDWAS is a bonus.

Also, you could get a pair of Shaper's Touch with frenzy corruption.

That's all I have. :)

Passives:

You should've gotten Phase Acrobatics earlier. I would get rid of Primeval Force for now, and use those points to get to it.

Aside from that, I really don't have any comments on the passive tree. Looking good.

I hope this helps you out some. Otherwise just hit me up here, in game, or on my stream. :)

Don't panic.
MAJOR UPDATES TO THE GUIDE!

- BIG changes made to the written guide. Lot's of unnecessary things removed, some stuff added, but mainly the guide has been cleaned up to be slightly easier to read. (slightly)

- FINALLY I've made a video guide for the build! This is something that has been asked of me, but I have never really gotten around to it. Well I did my best, and I hope someone gets use of it. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. :)

You can check it out here:

If you feel that the length of the video is scary, there's a timeline in the video description, and in the comments. Feel free to jump around. :)

Don't panic.
Dernière édition par Fiver, le 22 août 2019 15:24:54
Thank you for the assistance. I'll try to modify my gear as needed. And great job on the build. This is easily the most fun I've had in the entire game.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires