[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

this build has been very great for me so far :) here is my gear (is not good, have been farming for chaos so i will buy some stuff!)

im just looking for some advice about the crafting that i do not understand !

how do i craft on bow "+XX% to non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier"
i wanted to buy a already crafted bow on poe.trade but no items can be found with that mod.

Also i have been having hard time with mana because it doesnt regen so fast, and clarity will just take up to much space, so all help to comment gear is good !
Dernière édition par Goregate, le 4 janv. 2019 22:34:42
"
Goregate a écrit :

i wanted to buy a already crafted bow on poe.trade but no items can be found with that mod.

Also i have been having hard time with mana because it doesnt regen so fast, and clarity will just take up to much space, so all help to comment gear is good !

That craft is unveiled through syndicate veiled items. You need to farm the syndicate. There are some mods that have a minimum item level to appear, I don't know what the minimum is for this particular mod. It is also limited to 2H items, so it takes a few drops to even get the right item type.

For your mana, make room for clarity. In my opinion, Unlink pierce from blink arrow and change a socket color to get clarity in there.

Dernière édition par concillian, le 4 janv. 2019 23:59:12
I'm seeing a lot of interesting variants and would appreciate feedback on my current gear (apart from replacing my current armour with Kintsugi, and regarding multiple arrows QoL enchancements).

Here is my character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Relnerad/characters?characterName=<Xhyhara>

Thanks again for the help and feedback.
Dernière édition par Relnerad, le 5 janv. 2019 01:23:31
Since there's so many replies, i'll be splitting the post in two. Gonna answer the other replies soon

"
Codz a écrit :
Spoiler
I'm sure you're right - I do spam the skill a lot. What do you do during your downtime? So far I've just been keeping the totems up and keeping frenzy at 3 stacks, then spamming CA until I need to repeat. I suppose I'll just take it easy on the CA casts from now on.

Thanks for the response, your guide is amazing and the build is very fun. The quality and design of this guide is out of the world, especially the crafting section is *very* helpful.

Generating frenzy charges and placing totem should occupy a lot of your time to be fair. Very often by the time i'm done generating frenzies, boss is already dead or close to it. Rest of the time should be spent on dodging and prefiring CA in case the boss is mobile - in fact these are more important than charge generation.

"
Fluctuoso a écrit :
Spoiler
Yeah, definetly this builds is amazing. Reached lvl 97 already and bought lvl 4 Empower. And killed Uber Elder without deads so im so proud, thanks a lot.

I have a few questions if you can help me maybe. If you check my passive tree
i change some hp nodes (still got 6k) and have now 5 frenzy charges.

My question is, between Avatar of the Hunt/Master Fletcher, Toxic Strikes and Fatal toxins, what should be priority? Since i think im ok with 5 frenzy charges and at lvl 97 can respect some talents. Actually have all in Hunt/Master Fletcher but not sure if im doing correctly.

I still didnt try Xoph's Chayulas Pure bosses, i though will be easier than Uber elder right?

Thanks alot man a hope see you IG.

Gl

If you're going for frenzy charges (or classic build), then priority should be jewels. 6 frenzies for highest benefit from them (trust me, the bonus 4 second is VERY helpful). You should also invest into automatic frenzy generation (see classic build section).

The general idea and issue i've had with passive tree this league, is that there's too many good damage nodes now and you have to sacrifice some of them for life. Jewels are the best solution to this, allowing to grab all frenzy charges, have great life and not sacrificing too much damage.

About pure breachstones - i have no clue. I have 6 of them in my stash but didn't try them yet. Only one way to find out.

"
Razero a écrit :
Spoiler
Grabbed Fluctuoso's tree for PoB(THANKS!), used Empower instead of Damage on Full Life.

Added 250k more DPS ;o
Now I just have to lvl my Ranger :D

I mean, Empower 4 is one of the final upgrades. The PoB i provide is set up to show the build at low-medium investment that nearly anybody can achieve. I still provide Empower 4 inside the main setup in case you saved up for it. You bow scales empower exceptionally well thanks to not one but two level increases, it's basically a must have.

"
Slowacki a écrit :
So, how does this build deal with the T15/16 Syndicate encounters? Really problematic or doable?

I don't have too many issues, but since i'm on hardcore i'm playing it VERY carefully if i have a chance. I almost never get hit by any scary attack from the syndicate. Additional mitigation and high health pool is very much recommended at this stage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 5 janv. 2019 09:21:17
"
DankawSL

I sacrificed Master Fletcher passive for get my last frenzy charge (got 6 now) and i think the dps is similar, next levels will repick these talents.
About the auto Frenzy charges i think im ok, just need to spawn 6times frenzy and got all charges. Against bosses usually use Worhm but no need it since you can hit Atziri or Shaper/Elder or mobs always and didnt lose the charges, so i think gonna use it like i did all this league, i dont know if im right or not.

Btw, is a big different between 5 and 6 Frenzy Charges? I feel like 5 is good and can get 2 good dps nodes.

Yeah you are right a lot of good dps talents free. I killed +2 times Elder yesterday without problems, really enjoying so much this build and helping people.

My next step is get a Staff and test it with ED but feels like not highly need it since i can beat all content atm.

Also gonna try to get a bit more hp for get more passive dps. Why Master of de Arena passive? Is really important the 1% life regen?

Ah! I did Xoph's Pure, is a bit hard i think you need chaos resist, with Atziri's Promise will be good and just run and kite like every hard fights.

Thanks you again mate.
Dernière édition par Fluctuoso, le 5 janv. 2019 08:59:12
"
concillian a écrit :
Spoiler
"
Q: How about additional Toxic Rain setup?
A: Can be possible with some sacrifices. Toxic Rain has huge mana consumption, so you would need quite a lot of mana regen to sustain it. It also requires significant passive tree changes in order to scale Toxic Rain's damage to reasonable levels.

I run Toxic Rain on a raider, with only small differences to the passive tree:
- I used the other 'half' of the circle at growth and decay
- I only take to bravery in duelist and use the rest to go up to scion life (not all of them, but total +%life in the tree is 180%) & take the move speed + DOT nodes that are on the corner on the way to the scion area.
- No druidic Rite and add Deadly draw for attack speed + DOT dmg
- the scion gem slot with resists instead of the gem near Method to the madness.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.1/AAAABAIBAQBeAO4FtQZwBx4ILgiJDkgPqxEvEZYS8RNtFAkVIBa_FyYZjhm0IuIi6iP2JIsknSU_JogmlSpNKwos6S1NLYMuIy9yMHEwfDIBNZI2PTfUOkI-zz8nQdBH4kkTSVFKyEt4TZJN41FHVYVcQF1oXfJh4mJaYqxlTWuQbIxuqnGhdZ52gnp_eoR7w311hrOHy4ngiq-NfY2_j0-P-pARkx-VBZUumvGbjZ2qo4qkOaXLplenm7Ewshm0xbTRtQi1SLXytzC9Nr3mvqfC7MM6yAzKqc8Vz3rQrdN-1CPYvd2o5ljrY-0_7YPuDu968NX2o_6P_ro=?accountName=concillian&characterName=Concillian_Betray

I don't think there is a ton of sacrifice in my TR passive tree vs. your CA passive tree. I think they are very similar. Using my PoB and switching only the skill gems TR for CA and Mirage Archer for a DPS support brings my CA DOT DPS to nearly 400k, and nothing in my build is at all optimized for CA. I think it's pretty easy to be going back and forth.

You don't even need that many links, my gems are a bit of a mess and all over the place. If I cleaned them up and linked up my chest, I could probably make room for a 6 link CA on my chest to run both without any real issues.

Here is how I handled mana issues:

Option #1) Just run a mana flask. Really, raider is not dependent on specific flasks. It's not so bad running Grace and having a mana flask instead of a 3rd utility flask. I did early mapping with Daresso's Defiance for more attack speed with onslaught. This results in insane APS (more than 4 APS). The high attack speed sucks up mana if you're 6 linked, but mana flasks completely eliminate this problem. If you match your mana flask fill rate to your usage rate, it becomes like a utility flask in that it's up nearly 100% except in boss fights, so you can use staunching or curse immunity, etc... on the mana flask.

Option #2) unveil -x mana enchant for rings so you can craft that. This enchant can be used on a ring that also has the version of the prefix "XOPEC'S" that offers -x to total mana cost of skills. This is because that prefix is a hybrid that also has +xx maximum mana, which allows you to double up the -x mana cost of skills. These rings are rare, and so sort of a trade league endgame solution to double up, but even just the enchants make a big difference. A good ring is on the expensive side (mine was ~100c for one with life and some resist, so not crazy expensive, but not cheap) With that offering -7 mana, -7 enchants on both rings, +4 Toxic Rain is only 15 mana.

Just last night I started my switch over to Option #2 and I was experimenting... I can run Purity of Ice as well as Grace and still have plenty of mana with pretty much zero other investment in mana & regen. This passive tree setup + how easy it is to craft a god tier bow (+33-40% non-ailment chaos damage multiplier craft says hi) means raider DPS is great with very little +%increase damage on gear, so gearing has a TON of flexibilty to do things like this.

First of all, that answer is a little bit updated. Newest stance on this can be found on page 52, shortly before Betrayal release. I think it's understandable that with such big guide, it's quite hard to keep all 100k characters up to date. Also you missed VERY important word in the question - "additional"

The second thing, you don't fully understand how Toxic Rain scales. Duration also scales Toxic Rains damage. You literally path around 45% more damage (duration) cluster and don't pick it up.

Claiming that scrapping 1/3rd of the tree is not a significant change is definitely an understatement. Your tree (which imo is unoptimized) will work for CA since they scale very similar, i never said they don't. However, here's the issue - you lose pierce which is must have for CA and some QoL / defensive features i value very highly. It's them what makes my build so smooth and great to use.

There's also quite important point. TR and CA scale similarly, but their playstyle is different. TR forces you to be stationary to deal it's maximum potential dps. DPS ceiling is higher for TR, but also requires more investment and sacrifices. CA allows you to shoot once and gain full benefit instantly and allows to be on defensive all the time without losing damage. The gear requirement is close to non-existant and you can take a lot of defensive gear. As you probably notice, i value the other one more.

Nowadays, yes, it's entirely possible to lower the mana cost with Elreon's craft. Definitely the best option for solving TR's mana issues. I am aware of the mod and even suggested it very recently in this thread.

I could continue further, but i gotta stop myself before i spend hours of comparing both. In the end, it's all about preferences.

"
Goregate a écrit :
Spoiler
this build has been very great for me so far :) here is my gear (is not good, have been farming for chaos so i will buy some stuff!)

Chaos DoT Multiplier is acquired from veiled weapons, pretty much any weapon can have it. I suggest you to ditch poe.trade for official site - it's always up to date and you can find the mod easily. Since you have a Tabula, you can buy a random bow with high tier roll of Chaos DoT multi for quick damage increase and then save up for 6-linked bow.

I've talked about mana regen issue on last page, you can find my reply to Codz there.

Your gear overall should receive an upgrade, every single piece except boots maybe. I don't know what ilvl your shaped quiver is, but if it's below ilvl 80 - then you should replace it too, otherwise craft +1 arrow on it (crafting section).

"
Relnerad a écrit :
Spoiler
I'm seeing a lot of interesting variants and would appreciate feedback on my current gear (apart from replacing my current armour with Kintsugi, and regarding multiple arrows QoL enchancements).

Here is my character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Relnerad/characters?characterName=<Xhyhara>

Thanks again for the help and feedback.

Whatever you do, keep it up. Your bow is on the same damage level as Vicious Projectiles elder bow so you don't need to replace it.

The only thing you can do is min-max the build by crafting your own gear. You can find all the good mods inside crafting section and delve league - i should probably move the fossil crafting out of it tbh. Whatever you decide to do, it's your choice. There's so many ways of min-maxing there's no definite best setup.

"
Fluctuoso a écrit :
Spoiler
"
DankawSL

I sacrificed Master Fletcher passive for get my last frenzy charge (got 6 now) and i think the dps is similar, next levels will repick these talents.
About the auto Frenzy charges i think im ok, just need to spawn 6times frenzy and got all charges. Against bosses usually use Worhm but no need it since you can hit Atziri or Shaper/Elder or mobs always and didnt lose the charges, so i think gonna use it like i did all this league, i dont know if im right or not.

Btw, is a big different between 5 and 6 Frenzy Charges? I feel like 5 is good and can get 2 good dps nodes.

Yeah you are right a lot of good dps talents free. I killed +2 times Elder yesterday without problems, really enjoying so much this build and helping people.

My next step is get a Staff and test it with ED but feels like not highly need it since i can beat all content atm.

Also gonna try to get a bit more hp for get more passive dps. Why Master of de Arena passive? Is really important the 1% life regen?

Ah! I did Xoph's Pure, is a bit hard i think you need chaos resist, with Atziri's Promise will be good and just run and kite like every hard fights.

Thanks you again mate.

Each frenzy charge equals to ~24% increased damage in the end game. It takes 2 nodes so ~12% damage on average, that also gives other bonuses and makes frenzy upkeep easier. The higher damage investment, the better it scales.

Automatic charge generation is for mapping, since you lose quite a lot of damage without it. Not necessary, but it's awesome QoL that doesn't take up suffix slot, assuming you crafted decent gloves. Also allows you to have maximum charges when you enter the boss room (usually).

The fact that CA already can handle all content is the reason why weapon swap ED is not part of the core build anymore. It's expensive too. I'm going to use weapon swap for sure, i missed the old playstyle to be honest.

FAQ: Why do you take Master of the Arena node on passive tree?
A: For life regen and little bit of strength. Life regen is great for mitigating small degens for Damage on Full Life and defensive purposes. Strength for easier gearing and that little bit of life you get.

Xoph doesn't deal any chaos damage, unless pure breachstone changed it. Don't use Atziri's Promise. I completely don't understand, so many people use it purely for chaos res. Meanwhile you can have a normal Amethyst flask with mods that actually do something for you. So... why? My brain simply cannot process that.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 5 janv. 2019 10:12:42
"
DankawSL

Oh, sorry you are right. Was the first time joining Boss Pure breach and idk why i though they did chaos dmg, my bad.

Yeah i already tested it wasting a few regrets, and with 6 frenzy charges got around 350k dps (but more atsspeed and more timebuff) and with Master Fletcher and 5 Frenzy Charges 360k dps (loosing the attspeed and 12 secs FC time). So gonna keep using 6 charges and gonna try the ED build because i love that playstyle aswell.

I started the build two days ago with around 70 chaos I had left from my other build. Managed to buy the bow, chest and helm with that currency.
Here is where I am at level 74.

Leveling went okish with some leveling unique. Though I leveled with CA only and it was pretty mediocre at times when fighting act bosses.

I already bought the ilvl 80+ shaper quiver base. Crafting it and buying an lvl 21 CA gem are probably my next goals.

Have not done uber lab and Kitava yet.

I have some questions on Incursions though. I tried some of them while farming Ossuary and omg are those packs tanky. Took me ages to make a dent in them. You probably really need those CA levels.

Best part of the build atm is how it feels while playing. Very fluid fast paced gameplay.

*edit* Did Kitava and uber lab. Level 78 atm. T3 maps atm. Pretty easy so far. Need Alva to test her again.
Dernière édition par zorker, le 5 janv. 2019 14:30:26
NOOB Question: Hi there, I am very new to POE, while perusing builds I found your CA build, and thought it would be fun based on prior ARPG games I have enjoyed. I am trying to follow your build to a T, to make it through the acts. Have you updates the ascendancy choices for patch 3.5? I just made it through the first Lab, and I am not sure what to start with.

Thanks for the reply

After 4 days of farming ossuary, i finally got the +2 support gems mod. The bow is now finished, i'm free. I'll try to get 3 white sockets on him still.

In case you need any crafting in BHC, let me know. I have nearly all mods at this point.

"
Fluctuoso a écrit :
Spoiler
Oh, sorry you are right. Was the first time joining Boss Pure breach and idk why i though they did chaos dmg, my bad.

Yeah i already tested it wasting a few regrets, and with 6 frenzy charges got around 350k dps (but more atsspeed and more timebuff) and with Master Fletcher and 5 Frenzy Charges 360k dps (loosing the attspeed and 12 secs FC time). So gonna keep using 6 charges and gonna try the ED build because i love that playstyle aswell.

The biggest point i forgot to mention, the bow nodes don't increase the ED's damage, but the frenzy charges do. The loss of damage is minimal/none thanks to it.

"
zorker a écrit :
Spoiler
I started the build two days ago with around 70 chaos I had left from my other build. Managed to buy the bow, chest and helm with that currency.
Here is where I am at level 74.

Leveling went okish with some leveling unique. Though I leveled with CA only and it was pretty mediocre at times when fighting act bosses.

I already bought the ilvl 80+ shaper quiver base. Crafting it and buying an lvl 21 CA gem are probably my next goals.

Have not done uber lab and Kitava yet.

I have some questions on Incursions though. I tried some of them while farming Ossuary and omg are those packs tanky. Took me ages to make a dent in them. You probably really need those CA levels.

Best part of the build atm is how it feels while playing. Very fluid fast paced gameplay.

*edit* Did Kitava and uber lab. Level 78 atm. T3 maps atm. Pretty easy so far. Need Alva to test her again.

CA is not known to be great boss killer, so yep. Makes sense about the damage.

You should have no issues with incursions tbh. Only the rares / architects can be really tanky, but packs should die nearly instantly with ~30k dps which you most likely have.

"
Proletariate1984 a écrit :
Spoiler
NOOB Question: Hi there, I am very new to POE, while perusing builds I found your CA build, and thought it would be fun based on prior ARPG games I have enjoyed. I am trying to follow your build to a T, to make it through the acts. Have you updates the ascendancy choices for patch 3.5? I just made it through the first Lab, and I am not sure what to start with.

Thanks for the reply

Yes, the build updated to 3.5 patch.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 5 janv. 2019 16:40:00

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires