[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
5-link CA gem setup:

Caustic Arrow - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction - Conc Effect - Damage on Full Life

"
You can dual wield 2 white swords or a sword and a shield with 3 green sockets each, and equip both of those in your off-spec/whatever (by hitting x).

Just wondering, what are the other 3 gems, if your first comment is GGGBR?
Dernière édition par Sztur, le 10 mars 2018 17:18:08
"
Sztur a écrit :
"
5-link CA gem setup:
Caustic Arrow - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction - Conc Effect - Damage on Full Life

"
You can dual wield 2 white swords or a sword and a shield with 3 green sockets each, and equip both of those in your off-spec/whatever (by hitting x).

Just wondering, what are the other 3 gems, if your first comment is GGGBR?

6 Caustic Arrow gems, 6 green. Everything to level them up to 20 and vaal them for chance to get lvl 21. It's common practice for majority of skills.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 10 mars 2018 17:47:38
A quick update. I'm back at higher levels, 88 so far and i've been pushing towards end gave version of the build. I already follow final skill tree (with life flask recovery nodes) and crafted myself a new elder quiver with 10% chance to get frenzy on kill. That means i'm ready to test onslaught path, i already did few runs.

The mod was suprisingly rare, got it 3 times in ~200 alts/augs with 2 times being T2 roll. It does it's intended job of keeping frenzy charges up, but sometimes i end up losing them if i spend too much time looting.

Now for the onslaught itself, the defences go through the roof. Right now in high yellow map (i'm bit low on hp and damage atm) i'm barely ever getting hit. It's all spells now. It feels weird being invincible only to get chunked hard by spells next second.

I definitely respec too early, and i'm missing my old quiver i've randomly vaaled into +1 arrow. It feels weird without it now, so it will take time for me to get used to the new path. Will update again soon.

EDIT: just noticed quiver's name, Onslaught Hail. Fits perfectly for what i'm testing.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 11 mars 2018 16:39:24
I'm having trouble with single target damage early mapping. ED doesn't seem to do enough damage?
"
Krater a écrit :
I'm having trouble with single target damage early mapping. ED doesn't seem to do enough damage?

You shouldn't be using ED just yet, unless you plan to buy lvl 21 CA gem. Assuming that you do, Cherrubim's should be your chest. Carcass Jack only increases CA's damage after all. Buy a 6-link bow as soon as possible, they're cheap after all.

Second, you don't have increased duration on your Wither totem. Blasphemy doesn't do anything, it's not a curse/aura. Both faster casting and increased duration allow for more wither stacks, that means more damage.

Third, considering everything above, you have to fix your tree a bit. Forget the projectile nodes at ranger start and get big chaos cluster on top of the shadow start. This alone should fix majority of your problems. After that just follow the usual path.

Overall, most of the problems here could be avoided if you stick to what the guide is telling you. I guess i'll try to be more direct / expand some sections to avoid further confusion.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 12 mars 2018 10:16:33
"
DankawSL a écrit :
"
Krater a écrit :

You shouldn't be using ED just yet, unless you plan to buy lvl 21 CA gem. Assuming that you do, Cherrubim's should be your chest. Carcass Jack only increases CA's damage after all. Buy a 6-link bow as soon as possible, they're cheap after all.

Second, you don't have increased duration on your Wither totem. Blasphemy doesn't do anything, it's not a curse/aura. Both faster casting and increased duration allow for more wither stacks, that means more damage.

Third, considering everything above, you have to fix your tree a bit. Forget the projectile nodes at ranger start and get big chaos cluster on top of the shadow start. This alone should fix majority of your problems. After that just follow the usual path.

Overall, most of the problems here could be avoided if you stick to what the guide is telling you. I guess i'll try to be more direct / expand some sections to avoid further confusion.

From what you are saying, I understand that my CA gem will level slower due to a second weapon in alternative slot, is that correct?

Regarding the totem, my currency pool is rather low atm and I don't have the right sockets for now.

I'm working on fixing the tree, don't have refunds (low on currency).

Overall I really enjoy this build. Didn't mean to criticize the build... I know I haven't followed it to the letter (spent regrets to freely).

I appreciate your comments and input, happy hunting!
"
Krater a écrit :
Spoiler
"
DankawSL a écrit :
"
Krater a écrit :

From what you are saying, I understand that my CA gem will level slower due to a second weapon in alternative slot, is that correct?

Regarding the totem, my currency pool is rather low atm and I don't have the right sockets for now.

I'm working on fixing the tree, don't have refunds (low on currency).

Overall I really enjoy this build. Didn't mean to criticize the build... I know I haven't followed it to the letter (spent regrets to freely).

I appreciate your comments and input, happy hunting!

Nope, your gems will level at the same speed. Problem is that you lose 6 slots to level additional CA gems that you want to vaal for lvl 21 gem. It's common practice for any gem that has flat base damage (spells mostly).

Then again, this league it doesn't seem to matter. I looked up the prices right now and they're mindblowing. ~5c for a single lvl 21 gem, that's insane. Beastiary crafing for lvl 21 gem is the culprit here. I guess the gem takes higher priority than the 6-link at this price...

As for the not following the guide, it's fine. I understand the problem well, and it's really annoying one. Nobody wants to read walls of text, but at the same time i can't really make it smaller without lowering the quality of the guide. To make things worse, i'm the type of the dude that loves to get into details. The only solution would be to make video guide, but that's a big project. Maybe somewhere in the future.

Glad you have fun with CA, if you need anything just let me know.
Just out of curiosity, but why anger? If you are running Herald of ice, why not hatred to try to proc HoI easier?

Edit:errrrr nevermind, i wasnt thinking it through.
Dernière édition par Stryker401, le 12 mars 2018 19:33:56
Hi, first of all, thank you for this build, i've followed it for my first character and it's really fun to play, not very dynamic but this is what i love in it, just throwing an arrow in the middle of a room and look at the monster loosing life is pretty fun.

But, you know i don't have the knowledge to understand some point.

The one i don't understand is how does immortal call work ? It say that it consuming endurance charges but i don't understand where does those charge come from ?

Sorry for those probably stupid question, it's the forst time i follow a build and i've followed your very strictly ^^'
"
Collared a écrit :
Spoiler
Hi, first of all, thank you for this build, i've followed it for my first character and it's really fun to play, not very dynamic but this is what i love in it, just throwing an arrow in the middle of a room and look at the monster loosing life is pretty fun.

But, you know i don't have the knowledge to understand some point.

The one i don't understand is how does immortal call work ? It say that it consuming endurance charges but i don't understand where does those charge come from ?

Sorry for those probably stupid question, it's the forst time i follow a build and i've followed your very strictly ^^'

Endurance charges aren't necessary to cast Immortal Call, they only extend the base 0.4 second duration. We don't generate endurance charges, so Increased Duration is used to extend that short time to be more reasonable (~0.7 sec).

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires