[3.1] Blind With Fury - Mjolner Champion Support

Intro

Build Explanation Vid

I had been somewhat interested in playing a support build for some time, and had this idea sprout around the end of turmoil. I didn't play it in Mayhem but it's been quite effective in Abyss. The general idea behind the build is to do a little bit of everything. This build features:

-Triple curse @ +44% effectiveness.
-All 3 purities with +54% effectiveness for +6% max res.
-Haste and the Champion's Inspiration for additional damage, attack speed, and movement speed.
-Full taunt control on enemies (perma taunt), which makes allies do 20% more damage and enemies deal 20% less damage.
-Perma blind.
-Additional 10% more damage multiplier for non spell casters.
-Rallying Cry for mana regen and additional damage bonus to allies.

All of this is achievable on a relatively low budget without needing even a level 2 enlighten or a 6L chest. With a little more investment/luck on hitting certain corruptions, the build should also be able to feature conduit with endurance and power charge generation.

Items and Passives

Core Items

Alpha's Howl and a Doedre ring are the absolute minimum items you need to play the build, as Alpha's enables the aura use and the ring enables tri curse with the passive tree.

For gloves, I highly recommend Asenath's until you can get a 6L chest. They provide an additional curse until you can socket a 3rd curse into the Curse on Hit setup with a 6L.

Mjolner (and astramantis to support the attribute requirements) enable a few things. First, the +1 Chains on Mjolner makes Lightning Strike + Curse on Hit very effective for spreading curses around.
Second, Ball Lightning and Arc in the Mjolner linked with Blind will keep the entire screen and any boss you face blinded and taunted thanks to the 20% chance to taunt on hit that Champion has.

You will likely want a Conqueror's Potency and a Conqueror's Efficiency for unique jewels, though the latter can be dropped if you can get a lvl 2+
enlighten.

My current gear

I highly recommend Lightning Coil due to your high lightning res, which makes it quite strong to mitigate the otherwise troublesome physical damage. I recently got lucky with hitting the 6L,
so that allowed me to drop Asenath's for Tombfist which adds Maim to the build since I can use a real Temp Chains curse.

Passive Tree

Tree at 88

Current Tree at 90

I helped Eramir (kill all) for +2 passives.
The only keystone is RT.

My ascendancy choices and order are:
Inspirational (Normal)
Conqueror (Cruel)
Worthy Foe (Merc)
First to Strike, Last to Fall (Uber)

Skill Setups

Helmet:

All 3 Purities + Enlighten go in your Alpha's Howl. I used the Vorici socket method to color mine.

Mjolner:

Arc + Ball Lightning + Blind. This is our perma blind setup.

Chest (5L min for tri curse):
Lightning Strike + Multistrike + Curse on Hit + Curse 1 + Curse 2 + (Curse 3 on 6L).
-I use Vulnerability, Enfeeble, and Temp Chains (via gloves) myself most of the time.

Socket anywhere:
3L (probably shield): Rallying Cry + Inc Duration + Inc AoE
4L: Shield Charge + Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify
Haste, Stone Golem, and any other support skills you may want (using a low level clarity, and tempest shield myself).

How everything works

-Lightning Strike always hits (RT) and chains +1 times (Mjolner).
-These hits release volleys of Arcs and Ball Lightnings (Mjolner) which blind nearly permanently (Blind Gem).
-The lightning strike hits apply our curses (CoH).
-The rapid hits of all our skills guarantee near permanent taunt (Conqueror 20% taunt on hit).
-Taunted enemies receive 20% more damage from all sources, as well as deal 20% less damage to other party members (Worthy Foe).
-Furthermore, if you hit an enemy on full life, they are permanently Intimidated, taking 10% increased attack damage until they die (First to Strike, Last to Fall).

Leveling and alternate setups

I leveled with Sunder with a group at the beginning of the league till around level 38 or so and then played support the rest of the time. I started with Haste and a purity of elements and used Ball Lightning to Dual Curse, and had Tri Curse by Merc lab.

Alternatively, you can just use Lightning Strike with:

Disclaimer: if you don't have anyone to level with and/or don't want to spend a ton of regrets to respec, I would not recommend leveling this build, as it is more or less a pure support that does no damage.

If you are interested in the build and have any feedback, your input is welcome. I plan to add a video guide and vouches from the community in the near future.

You can contact me in-game by PMing BudBlight_Abyss if you have any questions or would like some support for a few maps ;)

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Dernière édition par zSavage, le 9 janv. 2018 02:27:03
Dernier bump le 14 janv. 2018 23:01:55
WTF Savage,

Mjonler is dead. stahp.

In all seriousness though. This build is amazing to play with. I mapped with him when i had beat Kitava, and was clearing Yellow maps safely with 2.8k life and 20% all res (pre-support)

Play with him a few times since then, and we're tearing up red maps no problem.

Awesome Build!
Dernière édition par Kinertia, le 17 déc. 2017 19:19:07
Awesome support build. Mapping was a breeze with this champion support mobs and bosses didn't even touch my squishy inquisitor.
I'm playing this build right now and loving it. I respecced into it after rushing to maps using AW Totems with a friend. I was able to get enough stats to run Mjolner without using Astramentis, but I'm having trouble getting enough dex to use Cospris.

A few comments:
1) I take massive spikes of damage when I'm surrounded by spell casters (Blind ineffective against spells, no spell avoidance, mad taunting). Have you noticed this? Have you found a clever way to mitigate it?

2) Ball Lightning made me drop frames like crazy. Now I'm using Arc + Chain + Blind. It works well, but not as good as Ball lightning.

3) Have you considered dropping Tombfist for shaped gloves with "global blind on hit chance" mod? Then swap Multistrike gem for Maim gem. Now your maim gives 10% damage taken buff and you save a link in Mjolner which can be used for Chain or another spell. Movement skills can be put in gloves so they are supported by Blind gem as well.

4) there is also global hinder on hit mod too, so you can maim with Lightning Strike and Hinder with Arc/Ball Lightning.
"
Path_Blazer a écrit :
I'm playing this build right now and loving it. I respecced into it after rushing to maps using AW Totems with a friend. I was able to get enough stats to run Mjolner without using Astramentis, but I'm having trouble getting enough dex to use Cospris.

A few comments:
1) I take massive spikes of damage when I'm surrounded by spell casters (Blind ineffective against spells, no spell avoidance, mad taunting). Have you noticed this? Have you found a clever way to mitigate it?

2) Ball Lightning made me drop frames like crazy. Now I'm using Arc + Chain + Blind. It works well, but not as good as Ball lightning.

3) Have you considered dropping Tombfist for shaped gloves with "global blind on hit chance" mod? Then swap Multistrike gem for Maim gem. Now your maim gives 10% damage taken buff and you save a link in Mjolner which can be used for Chain or another spell. Movement skills can be put in gloves so they are supported by Blind gem as well.

4) there is also global hinder on hit mod too, so you can maim with Lightning Strike and Hinder with Arc/Ball Lightning.

1. I tend to move around a lot during combat and rarely just stand in place and spam lightning strike. You should have 81% in all your max res which helps quite a bit. Other than that I generally react pretty quickly on flasks.

2. Ball lightning does tend to do that. My monster PC even makes the screen a little fuzzy on big packs that don't die quickly (I use dynamic resolution ATM). A better alternative would be to use Spark instead of Ball lightning if framerate is an issue, as it works quite well with the +1 chain from Mjolner.

3. That's certainly an option. It really depends on your preferences (I like the attack speed from multistrike, for instance). The build is flexible enough that you can mess around a lot with gear swaps for supporting different characters.

4. I have the spell hinder chance in a jewel on my belt, so the spells already hinder.

Cospri's Will is certainly an option for the chest slot; it's just difficult to color (4 off on a high dex chest) and doesn't have anything besides hexproof pen over a doedre's ring. IMO if you want to triple curse and be tankier then doedre's damning + some other chest (like lightning coil) is the way to go.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Glad to see you're enjoying the build!

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hey, Nice build I like the idea, but I have a scion leveled 90 is it possible to go ascendancy champion and guardian/necro? I see i lose the taunt duration and only 20% instead of 25 but warcries can taunt too, so i think its manageable.
Other question: What investments did you mean by generating endurance and power charges?
Thanks for your reply!
"
Poverelli a écrit :
Hey, Nice build I like the idea, but I have a scion leveled 90 is it possible to go ascendancy champion and guardian/necro? I see i lose the taunt duration and only 20% instead of 25 but warcries can taunt too, so i think its manageable.
Other question: What investments did you mean by generating endurance and power charges?
Thanks for your reply!

It would be possible to go Scion. After checking I think Champion + Guardian would probably be best if you were a Scion. You lose a lot of the more multipliers from champion but do gain some extra block from guardian, and free conduit.

As for the power and endurance charges thing, you would get conduit (in my case probably via Lochational Caress, or for your scion from guardian), and socket an enduring cry in a Brinerot Flag, which gives you two power charges whenever you warcry.
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires