[Not quite 3.7] A Simple Cleaver (Beginner friendly, SSF-viable, Much Explanation)

I apologize if someone has already asked you these things; I don't know how to make a search inside a particular thread.

I'm enjoying this build A LOT. I'm not good at dodging enemy attacks, but this guy does the job for me, and gearing is so simple and cheap... I have just bought two scaevas for 1 alch each, perhaps not the best ones, but physical damage and added crit chance are above average :)

Well, to the point, which is some questions/doubts:

I'm 67th level in 10th act and my golem becomes irrelevant, so I want to replace it. I have considered Riposte, because I have run out of keyboard/mouse slots, and I can't afford a third aura. I have already Poacher's, Vengeance, Arctic, etc. I don't like Leap Slam. Have you tried Riposte (in addition of Vengeance)?

I'm still very happy with Charged Dash, not only for clearing packs of weak foes, but also for jumping, etc, but it slowly fades. Do you still use it in Tier 15 maps? If not, any suggestions? (CwDT + Immortal, for example...)

I haven't seen any suggestion for the Pantheon in your build. Is it relevant?

Any Unique (or whatever) suggestion (fast Life regen, for example) for Lab tramps? I'm really dumb with them, specially since merciless Lab.

My Chaos res is now -18%. When should I think on increase it?

And the last, a silly one, but just in case: when you say HP, you mean Life. I guess.
Dernière édition par ajotatxe, le 27 mars 2019 16:18:21
"
ajotatxe a écrit :
I apologize if someone has already asked you these things; I don't know how to make a search inside a particular thread.

I'm enjoying this build A LOT. I'm not good at dodging enemy attacks, but this guy does the job for me, and gearing is so simple and cheap... I have just bought two scaevas for 1 alch each, perhaps not the best ones, but physical damage and added crit chance are above average :)

Well, to the point, which is some questions/doubts:

I'm 67th level in 10th act and my golem becomes irrelevant, so I want to replace it. I have considered Riposte, because I have run out of keyboard/mouse slots, and I can't afford a third aura. I have already Poacher's, Vengeance, Arctic, etc. I don't like Leap Slam. Have you tried Riposte (in addition of Vengeance)?

I'm still very happy with Charged Dash, not only for clearing packs of weak foes, but also for jumping, etc, but it slowly fades. Do you still use it in Tier 15 maps? If not, any suggestions? (CwDT + Immortal, for example...)

I haven't seen any suggestion for the Pantheon in your build. Is it relevant?

Any Unique (or whatever) suggestion (fast Life regen, for example) for Lab tramps? I'm really dumb with them, specially since merciless Lab.

My Chaos res is now -18%. When should I think on increase it?

And the last, a silly one, but just in case: when you say HP, you mean Life. I guess.

HP = "Maximum Life", yes. It's just the typical RPG-speak to call it HP.

I did not use Charged Dash anymore when I got to maps. But I was actually too lazy to switch it out, so I kept it in and never used it...
The typical CwDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration Combo would be a good fit.

You could also support your golem with CwDT, but I have not tried that. Something for bosses could be Vaal Double Strike as additional damage burst.

I don't know, if you know, but you can activate a mana reservation skill and then simply remove it from your skill bar. It's still active even then.

Unfortunately I don't have experience with Riposte or Vengeance, so I can't help you there, sorry.

Chaos Resistance is rarely needed and hard to get. If you can get it, you should, but if not it's not something too important (in Softcore at least).
Afaik Chaos Damage is balanced around having 0% Chaos Resistance.

For Pantheon, I don't have much to say. Mostly this build hates Damage over Time, so Arakaali would be good for your main.
I mostly use Shakari, because of Poison and Chaos Damage.

For Lab Traps you could get Ralakesh or Ryslatha Minor Pantheon to either reduce Trap Damage (Saws) and Bleeding Damage, or you could take Ryslatha to get infinite potions.
And in general for Lab Traps: Take your time. Gauntlets generally have phases and safe spots, so take your time and analyze those. Or, for example you can simply stop walking on a saw blade and let it pass or walk against it.
Just look at the traps and don't panic.
"
Scythless a écrit :

HP = "Maximum Life", yes. It's just the typical RPG-speak to call it HP.

I did not use Charged Dash anymore when I got to maps. But I was actually too lazy to switch it out, so I kept it in and never used it...
The typical CwDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration Combo would be a good fit.

You could also support your golem with CwDT, but I have not tried that. Something for bosses could be Vaal Double Strike as additional damage burst.

I don't know, if you know, but you can activate a mana reservation skill and then simply remove it from your skill bar. It's still active even then.

Unfortunately I don't have experience with Riposte or Vengeance, so I can't help you there, sorry.

Chaos Resistance is rarely needed and hard to get. If you can get it, you should, but if not it's not something too important (in Softcore at least).
Afaik Chaos Damage is balanced around having 0% Chaos Resistance.

For Pantheon, I don't have much to say. Mostly this build hates Damage over Time, so Arakaali would be good for your main.
I mostly use Shakari, because of Poison and Chaos Damage.

For Lab Traps you could get Ralakesh or Ryslatha Minor Pantheon to either reduce Trap Damage (Saws) and Bleeding Damage, or you could take Ryslatha to get infinite potions.
And in general for Lab Traps: Take your time. Gauntlets generally have phases and safe spots, so take your time and analyze those. Or, for example you can simply stop walking on a saw blade and let it pass or walk against it.
Just look at the traps and don't panic.

Thank you for your really quick answer! (It spent the downtime, I guess ;)

About HP, yeah, I've often played D&D and the like; as I said, silly question, just in case. (I'm Spanish and I was afraid that HP meant some other PoE thing).

About Vengeance and Riposte, well, I was wondering where I saw Vengeance in your build. The second Scaeva (RR-G) in "Actual Gear" section has it, supported by Life Leech. But I'll consider two CwDT with golem and immortal, with a socketed ring, if needed. I'll think on upgrade CwDT for golem, since the combo CwDT lvl 1 + Golem lvl 3 doesn't seem very tanky...

Yes, I noticed myself the multiaura trick. I find it a bit annoying when I die, but it is better than nothing, of course. Perhaps GGG should consider to allow link multiple auras to a single key.

Well, after the downtime break, I'll go for maps! Thank you very much again.

Thanks for the guide!! I've customized my build from yours and could use some input if you don't mind. I use consecrated path as my opener and then cleave like hell. I have two gifts from aboves on to take advantage of the consecrated ground and tend to stay on it or use path again to make new consecrated ground. I have scaeva in my main hand (3 green for crit again ties in to the consecrated ground & gifts from above) and a soul taker on my off hand to free up all of my potion slots for hp. Also I have linked temporal chains phase run and poachers mark to cast when hit. What I'm trying to figure out now is whether or not I should go bloodrage (I have darkray vectors to compliment this). Or skip the blood rage and use ralakesh and enjoy all of the free charges. Any input on my modifications? Tool tip dps on cleave is about 32k no charges and 40k dps when I have full charges from ralakesh.
"
omghesopro a écrit :
Thanks for the guide!! I've customized my build from yours and could use some input if you don't mind. I use consecrated path as my opener and then cleave like hell. I have two gifts from aboves on to take advantage of the consecrated ground and tend to stay on it or use path again to make new consecrated ground. I have scaeva in my main hand (3 green for crit again ties in to the consecrated ground & gifts from above) and a soul taker on my off hand to free up all of my potion slots for hp. Also I have linked temporal chains phase run and poachers mark to cast when hit. What I'm trying to figure out now is whether or not I should go bloodrage (I have darkray vectors to compliment this). Or skip the blood rage and use ralakesh and enjoy all of the free charges. Any input on my modifications? Tool tip dps on cleave is about 32k no charges and 40k dps when I have full charges from ralakesh.

First thing to note: If you linked Temporal Chains AND Poacher's Mark to CwDt, you will only get one curse on your enemies, as they have a limit of 1 curse that can be placed on them, unless you have something that increases that limit.

In accordance to that, if you don't have a limit increase (as those are either not that good for melee or really expensive) you will have one free slot now.
You could actually link "Purifying Flame" to cwdt then, as that will create some more consecrated ground for you without your input.

Now to your question:

Both of your boot choices do have some problems.
Ralakesh's Impatience only works when you're standing still, and once you move, no matter through what means or how little, you will loose all charges. So during mapping you will actually have no charges unless you have some tough fight. During bosses you either have to facetank everything they do or the boots are of no use.
Darkray Vectors work well with Blood Rage, but the problem here is, that you focus on Frenzy Charges, and during Boss Fights you will most likely not have them, or at least not for a long time.

So, for normal play Darkray Vectors would probably work fine.
For tankable bosses Ralakesh's Impatience would be the better option.
On tough encounters neither of them work that well.
Probably better, but with less "flavor" would be boring rare boots with life.
Thanks for the reply! The suggestions sound great and I'll go for the rare boots. What about switching ancestral for holy flame totem for the immune to curses on consecrated ground effect?
"
omghesopro a écrit :
Thanks for the reply! The suggestions sound great and I'll go for the rare boots. What about switching ancestral for holy flame totem for the immune to curses on consecrated ground effect?

Unless you are fighting against something that puts out really strong curses Holy Flame Totem would not be that good.
It will deal inferior damage to ancestrals and will also not increase your own damage. If you have the slots, you can carry it around and try it out occasionally, but I think Ancestrals are better, as you should have enough means to create consecrated ground.
Ok thanks again!
This is the first build guide I ever followed. Your explanation for everything and straightforward goals of the build made it very fun and very enjoyable and you are the reason like half of my characters are some variant of a cleave build. I was so frustrated with my first "build" (inquisitor-- molten strike/vigilant strike/contagion/glacial hammer and yes these were all on my hotbar, unlinked) that I was about to quit. This guide swooped in and 1500 hours later I still league start with cleave. You are my hero.
Edit: Originally had a question but saw it was answered on page 4.
Dernière édition par CosmicTofu, le 14 mai 2019 23:47:33

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires