duelist bow build for harbinger

Well folks it's that time. Fall of Oriath has dropped, harbinger is upon us, and we all get to battle thru the server lag/crashes/maintenance. That said I would like to get some advice from more experienced players on a build I'm thinking on.
The basics-
Duelist
Life based
Bows
The idea of a slayer with a bow has intrigued me for awhile so i thought now is as good a time as any. So I went to work trying to pick a skill. I decided on shrapnel shot. I know it's not used too often but I enjoy the feel of it. Then I saw some of the nasty damage poison and bleed can do now. That makes me want to incorporate it into my duelist build. However, I find myself in a pickle because shrapnel shot is partly converted to lightning. With thd changes to ailments will the bleed damage be determined by the skills damage before the conversion or just the phys portion left after conversion?
Dernier bump le 7 août 2017 11:46:40
"The amount is based on the base damage of the physical damage of the hit that caused it: 30% per second if the target is standing still (10% if an enemy monster applied it), which increases to 60% per second if the target is moving." From the wiki. Still a bit foggy. Is it the base physical damage of the hit before or after that physical damage is converted?
Elemental skills won't be a good choice for poison, unless you plan on waiting to get the new Pale Court unique gloves which allow specific elemental skills to poison. Tornado Shot would be your best bet if you wanted to in that direction. Both DoT options are within reasonable distance, but Gladiator does have specific Bleed nodes. Otherwise, the Poison/Bleed are affected only by your final output damage, not pre-conversion.

I had the same thought coming into this league. I've played archers, but not recently. It's been a long time since I played Duelist (so much so, that I got a laugh out of Piety since I hadn't heard her Act 4 dialogue prior to Malachai). After so many Vaal Pact builds, the thought of both a bow build and having insane leech/regen was intriguing, plus that 20% cull is soo juicy.

I decided to start off this league with a modified Slayer-version of the "SignalShot" build from the Ranger forum.

It's a pure elemental build and would work well with your decision to use Shrapnel Shot. I'm still continuing to tweak the tree and gems as I level and can better test the interaction with Slayer, but based on Path of Building, it should be incredibly strong end-game.

If you're interested I can share the current tree/gearing choices when I get back to my home PC.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires