[3.2] Champbot: Champion Support

This is a work in progress:

This build was created in Standard fairly unsuccessfully in 2.5. The patch notes for 2.6 included a sizable buff to Victario's Influence. I think the optimal way to use it would be as a Champion to still have survivability. The additional buff to the The Vigil forced my hand into this meme build.

Besides the fact that sometimes when I join a party looking for a support I get kicked, I would say this has been successful. I was in high demand from folks who mapped with me. I will happily stand next to any build you can think of if you message me in game to give a demo/screenshot.

As of 3.2, it is safe to say at least this is not a meme build. The Champion and taunt buffs are real.

Why play a Champion Support?
Spoiler

Honestly there aren't many reasons to, besides being a hipster. The only arguments I can make are:
- It is cheap/very easy to get started on a 4L. You can if you like be a support on day 1 of the league.
- You can start a league farming Uber Lab as a Champion with Earthquake/Warchief/Lacerate/Cyclone and cheaply transition.
- It is a support that doesn't curse. People bring their own curses to the table.
- You can play with a Necromancer/Guardian and still contribute.

There is almost no advantage over a Necromancer in terms of support. Many Guardians builds are also probably better. In 3.0 the gap has closed some, so it does make more sense than it did in 2.6. With that out of the way...

Two ways a Champion can add damage are not seen in the tooltip.

With First to Strike, Last to Fall if you do the first bit of damage you intimidate the monster. That is a 10% MORE multiplier until they die. Your totems currently get this benefit, and you can safely run up to anything with a Vigilant Strike with coordination. This tends to be unnecessary for general mapping, but can be nice to do for an essence mob or a Guardian.

Enemies you Taunt with Worthy Foe or just an Enduring Cry take 20% MORE damage. You (and your totem) also have that chance to taunt with Conqueror. Other party members will take less damage from a taunted enemy (as will you). Taunted enemies cannot evade.

Aura Setup with Victario's Influence
Spoiler

There are other ways to do this. There is enough unreserved mana to put Haste in the armor for instance. I don't like to struggle to keep up at all with who I am buffing, and I want to be ahead of them actually so I do not utilize the generosity on it.

lvl 25 Wrath with lvl 30 generosity
lvl 25 Anger with lvl 30 generosity
lvl 24 Hatred with lvl 30 generosity
lvl 24 Purity of cold with lvl 30 generosity
lvl 24 Purity of lightning lvl 30 with generosity
lvl 24 Grace
lvl 24 Haste
lvl 23 Discipline

lvl 22 Vaal Haste
lvl 22 Vaal Grace

89% Aura effect from tree+jewel

Fortify for the party for 35 seconds
Animate Guardian with Dying Breath+Leercast+Vicario's Flight
Shaper's Seed
Inspirational (move speed and damage)
Ancestral Warchief that Intimidates, Taunts, Blinds, and Culls
Worthy Foe with Enduring Cry

Aura Setup with +1 Corrupted Victario's Influence
Spoiler

There are other ways to do this. There is enough unreserved mana to put Haste in the armor for instance. I don't like to struggle to keep up at all with who I am buffing, and I want to be ahead of them actually so I do not utilize the generosity on it.

lvl 27 Wrath with lvl 30 generosity
lvl 27 Anger with lvl 30 generosity
lvl 26 Hatred with lvl 30 generosity
lvl 26 Purity of cold with lvl 30 generosity
lvl 26 Purity of lightning lvl 30 with generosity
lvl 24 Grace
lvl 24 Haste
lvl 23 Discipline

lvl 22 Vaal Haste
lvl 22 Vaal Grace

89% Aura effect from tree+jewel

Fortify for the party for 35 seconds
Animate Guardian with Dying Breath+Leercast+Vicario's Flight
Shaper's Seed
Inspirational (move speed and damage)
Ancestral Warchief that Intimidates, Taunts, Blinds, and Culls
Worthy Foe with Enduring Cry

Tree
Spoiler

Bandits: Passive

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHcBS0UIBUgFm8XLxkuGYoZtBo4GmwajxtGHaokqiSwJwsnLyftKU8slC2DLlMvbzWSNuk62D0PQKBGcUd-UEdVtVXWVw1eE185Xz9fsGEhYhdko2TnZU1mVGhla9RuaW87b55wu3Ttd-N4DXloeu98u311f8aApIIHgpuDCYO2hMWE2YTvhXuG0Yrwi6aQVZMnlwabLZu1ns2hL6luqs2tja-nsKu0DLXyu-O9Nr6KvqfAGsEEwcXDOsSCxKLE9spKytPPftIh02_TftX42L3ZE9lh2sHeh-GI42rkIuwY7DjvDu9O73rwJvJB85v2o_ba-tL7Cf5J_ro=

I only took the long path up to Influence once I was level 93. Until then, all of those nodes were basically in the scion life wheel and the reduced mana/HP nodes. If I were to keep leveling I would take HP and possibly Conduit.

A kind redditor (u/CheCk_m8TT) suggested a more efficient tree with more life. If you used this, you would really need to be carried or use more than the respec points available from quest rewards to level. I will evaluate it further, but am comfortable for now saying this is a superior tree endgame at the very least.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHcBS0UIBZvFy8Ziho4Go8bRh2qJKoksCcLJy8qTSyULlMvbzWSNuk64T8nQKBGcUd-SbFKyE3jUEdRTFW1VdZXDVnzXhNfP1-wYSFiF2SjZOdlTWZUZp5oZWvUbmluqm87b55wu3IPcql07Xasd-N4DXloeu99W3_GgKSCB4MJg7aExYTZhO-G0YumkFWTJ5Rvm7WezZ-joS-mV6efqW6qzaxHrKqtjbQMtfK5Hb02voq-p8AawQTBxcM6ykrK089-0iHTb9X418_YvdkT2WHawd6H4YjjauoY7BjvDu9O74jwJvJB8kXzm_ba9zL5N_rS-wn-Cv5J_o8=

Path of Building Updated for 3.2
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/b5bYt3wJ

Gear
Spoiler

The only gear of measurable cost is the armor. Prism Guardian might be expensive for a couple of days too. You can spend your resources on getting the best rings possible from a defensive perspective (and some 7% life jewels).

I would aspire to a +1 gem set of armor. I would even consider it if all I could do was 4L/6s it.

If I could get my hands on a GG unset ring, I would put Clarity/Purity of Fire/Vitality in.

I used to use Singularity for Hindering. Zipping through Shaped Strands/Shores this is quite a waste. I could for helping out on a guardian fight.

Gameplay
The character is fairly sturdy considering the drawbacks. You have to play a little smart of course. I play on softcore and I have to say most of my deaths are from a detonate dead or Abaxoth. I usually try to start a map hitting with a Vigilant Strike to Fortify everyone. From then on, I can usually throw one in at my leisure. To get the most support out, rush ahead and taunt. If the DPS is a little slower than you, you can drop a warchief. In a very coordinated party, you can be sure to first hit all the bosses.

Update: I have acquired a +1 gems armor 4l/6s for 8ex. My gear is being updated to include that, but be aware that +1 gems is an expensive luxury that is unnecessary.
Dernière édition par Barivius, le 1 mars 2018 07:26:17
Dernier bump le 16 mars 2018 04:35:46
Nice to see someone actually understanding Worthy Foe and appreciating champion. :)
Perception is reality.
I was leveling a Champion support build (was so excited to come up with my own hipster build!) and hit level 70 when they hotfix-nerfed taunting Guardians and Shaper. I'm still miffed about that.

Why not use The Writhing Jar for a safe Vigilant Strike?
"
wyvernfist a écrit :

Why not use The Writhing Jar for a safe Vigilant Strike?

I can see scenarios where that would be very helpful. Thanks!
What is your life total at after reservations? Considering you don't have much in the way of ES and your %life is pretty low at 153, I'm curious how well you tend to survive. You're not showing your flasks so it's a bit harder to see how you handle stuff.
First I like your idea of playing a Champion support build. Even tho I believe the Necromancer Ascendency would be simply better in all aspects this would be my lowlife champion variant:

Trypanon Great Mallet (always crit)
Cyclone - Cast on Crit - SRS - Inc Aoe - Culling Strike (or curse on hit setups)
for Intimidating enemies and culling

Shavronne's Wrappings Occultist's Vestment
Typical 6-link SRS for damage

2 slots used for 6 Auras + 1 Generosity + Stone Golem

+3 Unset Ring for Discipline

1 slot for Movementskill + CwDT setup

"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
Dernière édition par Tizid, le 26 avr. 2017 03:39:01
"
Jackalope_Gaming a écrit :
What is your life total at after reservations? Considering you don't have much in the way of ES and your %life is pretty low at 153, I'm curious how well you tend to survive. You're not showing your flasks so it's a bit harder to see how you handle stuff.

I will amend to add more information screenshot style. Check out my first link to see more information though in the meantime.

With Jewels, I have 181% life. I end up with about 4500 life and 1400 ES after reservations. I change out my flasks often but my Basalt has adrenaline on it so that and a quicksilver is active for any map clearing.

Wow. I always thought I was the only one with a duelist aurabot, lol. I built mine tanky, like very tanky since my concept focuses on taunts because of Worthy Foe. As of now, I can tank any hit a guardian dishes out. I've always wanted to try him against shaper slam or core malachai slam, but I haven't played him in a while (most of my gems are still lvl 19, lol).

Anyway, here are my defensive stats, with 11 auras + enfeeble on blasphemy + arctic armour:
Spoiler

with flasks and tempest shield up:

And yeah, I think Vigilant strike with the Vigil is a MUST for aurabots. 6 man breach + beyond + onslaught? enduring cry + tempest shield + flasks + vigilant strike. gg

oh and btw, OP, if people ask you why a champion aurabot, tell them because what we need is a MANLY aurabot. lol
Champion Tauntbot support : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093582
Dernière édition par supladito, le 26 avr. 2017 21:00:45
"
supladito a écrit :
-snip-
oh and btw, OP, if people ask you why a champion aurabot, tell them because what we need is a MANLY aurabot. lol

Manly aurabot? Is the Templar not manly enough for you? :p
"
Jackalope_Gaming a écrit :
"
supladito a écrit :
-snip-

Manly aurabot? Is the Templar not manly enough for you? :p

lemme answer that with a question: Can the Templar be manly enough to seduce Piety? lol

To quote Piety: "My beautiful champion, I knew I could rely on you."

See? Beautiful and reliable. So Manly. lol
Champion Tauntbot support : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093582
Dernière édition par supladito, le 26 avr. 2017 21:55:26

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires