3.5 Fresh [Flex build, Low Budget] 5Link 1Mil DPS. CI, Varunastra Crit (Melee Skill of YOUR Choice)

This build seems really interesting to me, because I'm aiming towards a tanky character as my last in Legacy League. I was thinking about going with a Gladiator CI Aegis Aurora BF build until I saw this one.

I already farmed Shaper and Uber Atziri enough this league, but I've never done Hall of the Grandmasters. Does this build deal well with that annoying map?

I've seen a lot of tanky builds dealing easily with HotG with Scourching Ray, but don't know anything about BF.

Is 55% blok enough to sustain those higher lvl Grandmasters?

Anyways, appreciate any response. I'm really inclined to give this build a try :)
Dernière édition par opethsland, le 17 mai 2017 19:51:29
Just wanted to post my take on this, lots of thanks to Megumin!
Was able to knock out Shaper twice today, once deathless.

Much different tree, as I focused on Flasks & got VP from my chest.

poeurl.com/bjDo

Spoiler
Dernière édition par Ceveth, le 19 mai 2017 04:42:33
Is there a specific reason why you chose to stick with the 55% block? seems like the shield nodes in the duelist area seem to offer some hybrid physical damage & shield nodes. However I have never touched the end game yet so maybe the build could handle itself without the extra block chance.
"
Ceveth a écrit :

poeurl.com/bjDo

What's your ES with this set up? Nice ES Shield btw.

I would take Claw of Magpie over Blast Radius.. 44% phys and 15% AS is absolutely OP for 3 points on BF. Since the AoE nerf, I don't think its worth to take incrased AoE.. While you're at it, Throatseeker cluster is also very juicy for 3 points..

And hows no stun immunity working out for you?

Would be nice if you post some DPS numbers and screenshots.
"
opethsland a écrit :
This build seems really interesting to me, because I'm aiming towards a tanky character as my last in Legacy League. I was thinking about going with a Gladiator CI Aegis Aurora BF build until I saw this one.

I already farmed Shaper and Uber Atziri enough this league, but I've never done Hall of the Grandmasters. Does this build deal well with that annoying map?

I've seen a lot of tanky builds dealing easily with HotG with Scourching Ray, but don't know anything about BF.

Is 55% blok enough to sustain those higher lvl Grandmasters?

Anyways, appreciate any response. I'm really inclined to give this build a try :)

I'm not all that familiar with HoG, but it should be doable.

The difficulty would highly depend on the number of "OP" Grandmasters you encounter, and whether you're familiar those mechanics..

Since BF is melee with short range, how you position, target selection, dodging attacks, what flasks you bring to the fight, swapping in Reduced Block etc.. it comes down to all kinds of variables.. This build is well equipped to succeed, but I doubt you can face roll like EA.
"
kartman2k6 a écrit :
Is there a specific reason why you chose to stick with the 55% block? seems like the shield nodes in the duelist area seem to offer some hybrid physical damage & shield nodes. However I have never touched the end game yet so maybe the build could handle itself without the extra block chance.

I've tried Max Block before I swapped over to this build, and trust me Max Block is overrated.. In End game "One shot" is what kills you 90% of the time, and the 20ish extra block chance won't save you.. You either sacrifice a bunch of damage or life, ES Pool, which is totally not worth it.

You rarely die to two consecutive attacks on this build, since you can instant leech back to full health instantly with Vaal Pact.

I assume you are talking about "Defiance" ? thats alot of travel, 4 points just to get there. Those points are much better spent else where, like 2 nodes for a Jewel Slot, a 4 stat Jew equals to 60% increased damage for just 2 points.l.
"
Megumin3 a écrit :
"
Ceveth a écrit :

poeurl.com/bjDo

What's your ES with this set up? Nice ES Shield btw.

I would take Claw of Magpie over Blast Radius.. 44% phys and 15% AS is absolutely OP for 3 points on BF. Since the AoE nerf, I don't think its worth to take incrased AoE.. While you're at it, Throatseeker cluster is also very juicy for 3 points..

And hows no stun immunity working out for you?

Would be nice if you post some DPS numbers and screenshots.

Thanks. ES is currently a smidge over 8.6k. Level 20 Discipline.

As far as Blast Radius; with the Flask Effect Nodes & Dying Sun the AoE is actually very similar to pre-nerf AoE without Dying Sun.

The main selling point is actually the effect it has on the Gladiator AoE Explosion & Herald of Ash, since neither of those are supported via. Increased Area of Effect.
It certainly feels much worse to map without.

Spoiler

Running without stun mitigation/immunity isn't actually that bad, having done all the content in the game; between 61% Block, Cast when Stunned Enfeeble & Immortal Call along with running Grace over Hatred you never actually *get* stunned.
Hatred is only for Shaper at this point, more than enough DPS otherwise.

Dernière édition par Ceveth, le 20 mai 2017 02:31:05
Little bit of an update, got the Keystone on a Skin of the Lords that I really wanted, shifted the Flask nodes to grab VP.

Spoiler

does dagger nodes and claw nodes stack with your sword crit?
ignore my post above, (varunastra) i will try this build today

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires