[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Taotao11 a écrit :

"
bisore a écrit :
What do you think about the new chest adding flat phys for this build ? Can it be better than Koam's ?

This is one of the worst builds possible to use that chest. We have low attack speed,no crit and barely any elemental dmg

I do agree that the Loreweave chest doesn't fit this build too well, but I still think it can be a viable choice.

If we get the highest max resists roll, which is 80%, it means that we take 20% elemental damage instead of 25%. This is equivalent to gaining 25% more maximum life (against elemental damage). In comparison, Kaom's Heart on my character adds 26% more maximum life. So if we count the fact that Loreweave also offers 24-72 max life (counting the attributes), we see that:

Loreweave is a tankier choice when taking pure elemental damage, compared to Kaom's Heart.

To be honest, I feel this is wrong - it's just overpowered.

For this build, I think the most threat comes from elemental damage. Chaos damage from mobs usually exists in the form of degen and are non-lethal; physical damage usually exists in the form of melee attacks, which is also not a huge threat to us as we have 6 endurance charges and we stun everything near us. Elemental damage is in general the biggest threat to this build, and there is now a chest piece better than Kaom's when tanking elemental damage.

Previously, if I want a 6-link body armour, I suggested a good rare or Belly of the Beast, this is changing to the new Loreweave. I think now for this build we don't have to worry about any other chest pieces besides Kaom's and Loreweave - these are the only competing choices.

I will try to get my hands on it and test it out, and we will see if Loreweave is as good as I anticipated.

EDIT: bought a Loreweaver and I didn't really like it. Althought elemental mitigation is as good as Kaom's, physical and chaos mitigation are strictly worse. The major problem with Loreweaver is, as being mentioned, this build doesn't benefit much from all the other mods.

I still think Loreweaver is a viable choice for a 6-link. I think Rare, Belly and Loreweaver are all good choices; rare 6L is very cheap, Belly offers good life pool, Loreweaver offers good elemental mitigation as well as a ton of useless mods.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 12 mars 2018 14:30:00
"
Sephirvine a écrit :
Hey thanks for your build.

Quick question tho since it's quite boring to read 70 pages with 80% of them being a bit outdated.

Tidebreaker most important stat is r.e.s.t or dmg ? Should I better get a 30% one with low dmg rolls or big dmg rolls with like 25-27% r.e.s.t?

Also :

I read like the 15-20 last pages and couldnt find your thoughts on the pure Champion build you provided with the PoB. How does it compare stunwise/endgamewise to others? (i dont care of speedclearing).
What's the best choice for endgame bosses only ? Berz ?

Cause I have a lvl 95 champion I'd like to respec and can afford all the gear.

About Tidebreaker
Spoiler

In the guide, I wrote this:

"a Tidebreaker with 420 pDPS and 30% r.E.S.T. is better than one with 430 pDPS and 27% r.E.S.T.".

When I wrote that, I took into account of people who like DPS more than stun capability. If we just care about stunning, we can say that:

a Tidebreaker with 420 pDPS and 30% r.E.S.T. is better than one with 430 pDPS and 28% r.E.S.T.

You can just use this 10 pDPS = 2% r.E.S.T. rule when finding your Tidebreaker.

About Champion
Spoiler

Berserker is easily the best choice for clean arena bosses (Shaper, Elder first phase, Chimera, etc.) due to highest DPS. When there are annoying stuff in the room (Phoenix, Elder third phase, etc.) things are more complicated and we need to take into account our survival.

Besides Shaper and Elder, this build won't have problem stunning any other bosses. With pretty mediocre gears you will stun-lock Guardians easily (with all 4 ascendancies). When it comes to Shaper, things are slightly different. First, let me state that:

It requires ridiculously higher damage and attack rate to promise 100% stun-locking than to be able to land a few stuns.

With my own gears and my corrupted Tidebreaker, my simulation codes tells me that I have around 95% chance of stun-locking Shaper to death. In reality this number is slightly different due to my mistakes and Shaper not escaping from my stun-locks for a second of not stun-locking, but this number is accurate enough. Without any corruption or high end items, this number may go down to around 80%. With Champion, it may go down to as low as 60%. This means that RNG plays a big role when it comes to stun-locking Shaper.

That being said, I want to make 3 statements:

1. Chance of stun-locking is different from average time of stun-locking. Chance of stun-locking is computed without allowing even 1 millisecond of Shaper not stunned, and with 60% chance of stun-locking, we will still see Shaper stunned more than 90% of the time.

2. It's not the end of the world if Shaper breaks free from our stun-locking. We can always retreat and find a second chance to stun-lock him.

3. Most people are not really making a build just to kill Shaper, against any other enemies, we can pretty easily stun-lock them.

TL;DR: there is only some difference when it comes to stun-locking Shaper, and even that doesn't really matter. Endgame with Champion will be powerful.
Made the hardest map I could to test out the clearspeed using a Perseverance belt and Kongor's Undying Rage. This is fine as a league start and I've been having so much fun smashing stuff with a giant hammer. 10/10 build for a guy that usually runs squishy ranged characters.

https://youtu.be/YCJojnM5SaQ
What do you think would be better picking brutal fervour or overwhelm?
Right now i am able to stun T9 bosses easly without switching off my ancestral call gem but i don't know if ill be able to do that on higher tier bosses ( T14,15,Uizaro etc).
my home tooltip unbuffed is 20k and can get up to 50k with buffs and flasks

Edit: izaro easly stunned but argus beat my ass in 3 hits (5k hp)
Dernière édition par itaizilca, le 14 mars 2018 03:01:32
"
itaizilca a écrit :
What do you think would be better picking brutal fervour or overwhelm?
Right now i am able to stun T9 bosses easly without switching off my ancestral call gem but i don't know if ill be able to do that on higher tier bosses ( T14,15,Uizaro etc).
my home tooltip unbuffed is 20k and can get up to 50k with buffs and flasks

Edit: izaro easly stunned but argus beat my ass in 3 hits (5k hp)

Brutal Fervour should be overall more useful. I would only consider Overwhelm if:
1. you hate clearing with Heavy Strike for some reason, and don't need the Impact node.
2. you're preparing for the Shaper fight specifically.

It's tougher to stun higher tier bosses, but with better gears it's definitely achievable. I am currently stunning all red map bosses with my Sunder (with Multistrike Support and Item Quantity). Of course I have pretty ideal gears but stunning with Heavy Strike is much much easier compared to Sunder.

The trick to kill Argus, from my experience, is to burst him down. Leap Slam right on top of him to proc Fortify, then pop Lion's Roar and basalt flask (I think you're supposed to bring basalt flask with you for Uber Lab anyways) and whatever other damage flasks you have. You can switch Bloodlust to Multistrike before the fight. Argus should die in around 3 seconds.
I've worked a 4 link warchief in this league since getting gear has been tough. I let it kill argus while i run around getting easy hits in.
Is it safe to replace Redblade Tramplers with Kaom's? Because it's only 9% or so REST. Or is that 9% all the difference for endgame bosses? Temp chains and such is making me nuts and the extra 140 flat hp is really nice.
Stibnite for curse removal. You should be able to keep it up throughout the whole map. Make sure to get one with extra charges. Losing the 15% REST on my belt really hurts it's why I swap Perseverance with a rare for red maps.

What class do you recommend for superviciency and kill boss, slayer or zerk?
Why do not you use sunder in the pastebin slayer?

sry my english
Dernière édition par Gimenezz, le 15 mars 2018 13:02:22
"
silverdash a écrit :
Is it safe to replace Redblade Tramplers with Kaom's? Because it's only 9% or so REST. Or is that 9% all the difference for endgame bosses? Temp chains and such is making me nuts and the extra 140 flat hp is really nice.

"
Lenaric a écrit :
Stibnite for curse removal. You should be able to keep it up throughout the whole map. Make sure to get one with extra charges. Losing the 15% REST on my belt really hurts it's why I swap Perseverance with a rare for red maps.

There are many factors altogether making Kaom's Roots a less appealing option.

1. No movement speed. We won't solely rely on Leap Slam and losing 25% movement speed is a pretty big deal.
2. Sockets. Losing the sockets may not be bad if you're going for a 6-link body armour, but to be honest I think Kaom's Heart is the best body armour option so we need sockets on our boots.
3. The 10% r.E.S.T. It's as effective as at least 100% increased damage.

Usually I just reroll Temporal Chains maps. Temporal Chains is 1 of the 3 map mods that I don't want to bother with, the other two being physical reflection (if not playing Slayer) and enemies cannot be stunned.

If you really want to run some Temporal Chains maps as well as some maps with a ton cold damage causing chill, it's not really a bad idea to switch to Kaom's Roots. However, I do think Redblade Tramplers is BiS and should be used in most cases.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 15 mars 2018 16:37:39

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires