Need advice, DW Cleave Champion

Hey guys, I need some help with a future build idea.

Since I never really played one and want to start a new character, I´ve decided, that I want to play as a Duelist.

First thing I checked were the Ascendancies. Slayer seems good but just uninteresting, so my choices were between Gladiator and Champion.
Upon deciding between those two and the corresponding Skill(s) to use, I have settled on a dual wield, Cleave Champion.

Why Cleave and why Champion you may ask?
First of all, I really like the way Champion works, very defensive oriented and gaining it´s offensive potential from defensive patterns. Also I never really played Cleave except from levelling and races, but in my opinion, Cleave just feels very satisfying.

So now to the mechanical/theorycrafting stuff, passive tree first: www.poeurl.com/baNQ

Upon searching for gear/passives/skills to use, I found the following:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Perseverance
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Overwhelming_Odds

The combo of these two things with the current passive tree would give us permanent Fortify, Onslaught and Indimidate. Since the Jewel will handle Fortify for us, we can save 2 Ascendacy points and grab that sweet 25% chance to taunt on hit (which only Shaper is immune against). Taunt equals another 10% LESS damage from taunted sources.

Now to the passive tree, which is quite self explanatory, life, armour, evasion, poison/bleed double dipping and notes that scale multiple weapon types, because I plan on dual wielding:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Varunastra

This should give us a solid initial hit and lead into huge bleeds/poisons that will double dip on generic damage (which we pickup whenever possible) and area damage (which we can´t really get, except for the more dmg muliplier on Concentrated Effect).

In my eyes this looks fantastic on paper, but I´m not sure if this would work out like I wish it too. Any experts here that can comment on this? Also should I stay dual wield or would a shield be a better option? Also shield or dual wield, should I invest in block or any form of charges?
Thank you guys for your help/critique.
Dernier bump le 16 mars 2017 11:47:35
Cleave is definitely more optimized while dual wielding, mostly because the skill itself is built around it. Also, if you plan on dual wielding two copies of Varunastra, you won't have to worry about gaps in your DPS between weapons since both weapons will essentially be the same.

Block is always helpful for melee builds. However, it doesn't seem like your tree is spec'd for it. The "Dervish" and "Blade Barrier" notable passives [as well as the nodes around them] come to mind when referring to dual wield-based block chance. Moreover, aside from life nodes, it appears that you're focused too much on offense. Redirecting some points towards nodes that provide life leech (e.g. the "Vitality Void" and "Hematophagy" notable passives) will give you some life recovery.

In regards to your ascendancy points, I suggest changing Inspirational to Worthy Foe. With it, enemies you taunt take 20% increased damage; this is multiplicative, as opposed to the 35% increased damage from Inspirational, which is additive. Furthermore, Worthy Foe is more party-friendly as it gives your teammates (as well as friendly minions and totems) 20% reduced damage taken (and that's from all hits - physical, elemental, spells, etc.) with 10% from taunt's general mechanic and another 10% from Worthy Foe.

Another thing to consider is that the Champion excels at increasing both armor and evasion rating. As such, you could focus on obtaining gear that is armor/evasion hybrid, or at least a good mixture of armor gear and evasion gear. Alternatively, you could try Iron Reflexes + Unwavering Stance to convert everything to armor; it'll defeat the purpose of Perseverance's armor/evasion mechanic, but it'll provide more flexibility in gearing options (as well as provide a considerable amount of armor if you use both Determination and Grace).

Overall, it seems like a decent idea.
Dernière édition par kaype, le 16 mars 2017 12:02:31

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires