[2.6 Gladiator] Shattering riches [Glacial Hammer Block MagicFind][Build in progress]

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Doryani's scepter seems to be the best, as you get both physical and elemental to scale off of. I plan to use the Surrender as well for the life gained with block. That way you only need the leech from Doryani's belt for survivability. Like others have said Hatred, Blasphemy Frostbite, and cold pen gems should be good. I was also thinking - does aoe gems or passives increase the splash aoe from the jewels?
"
zorker a écrit :
Do not forget that you only need to do 70% mob health on single target. All you need is high enough damgage/chance to freeze.

I still do not see how HoI can become viable since it is not related to the damage of GH. It relies on its own own cold damage once you shatter a mob which is not viable even later on as a melee imo. On top of that you need additional mana reserved to support HoI. Imo GH is like any other melee build. You scale physical damage and convert it either with extra or by full conversion.

I read sth interesting about Reckoning though. My idea is to put it in Doryani's mace and give it some sort of status alignment.

I want to use HoI to support AoE clear, but if splash from jewel is good enough i might drop it.
"
riverwithin a écrit :
Your thoughts on this?

For my kind of build it is slow since i will wear a lot of gear that slows my movespeed so i will use leap slam to relocate.

But it is nice and also budget version of doryani scepter. :)
"
SlayerxBlake a écrit :
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Doryani's scepter seems to be the best, as you get both physical and elemental to scale off of. I plan to use the Surrender as well for the life gained with block. That way you only need the leech from Doryani's belt for survivability. Like others have said Hatred, Blasphemy Frostbite, and cold pen gems should be good. I was also thinking - does aoe gems or passives increase the splash aoe from the jewels?

The surrender is nice shield but i think it wont be that common to be cheap.
On the other hand newly buffed redblade banner is nice too, it offers 2% of attack damage leeched as life against taunted enemies with 50% more recovery speed for warcries. This is very good for leveling for attack builds.

AoE from jewels: Well that remains to be tested.
Dernière édition par dawe45, le 20 févr. 2017 18:19:03
Very nice concept. New threshold jewels are pretty sweet.
I had a couple thoughts to share. If going southpaw what do you think of the Tempestuous Steel in offhand? Gives access to whirling blades and a good chunk of ele damage.
For the leech issues I really like the duelist leech nodes and I feel those should cover leech needs.
"
troglodytebg a écrit :
Very nice concept. New threshold jewels are pretty sweet.
I had a couple thoughts to share. If going southpaw what do you think of the Tempestuous Steel in offhand? Gives access to whirling blades and a good chunk of ele damage.

Check the wording on tempestuous, penetration is tied to that exact weapon and if you want to use Glacial Hammer then it will use only mace, not sword. You will just get additional fire and lightning from it as this is only global modifier.

"
troglodytebg a écrit :
For the leech issues I really like the duelist leech nodes and I feel those should cover leech needs.

Yea i will use these but i dont think leech will be major issue as melee skills tend to stay on same mana cost while leveling in these days.
Dernière édition par dawe45, le 21 févr. 2017 03:25:16
Thanks for the sword suggestion. I'm currently using Prismatic Eclipse in the offhand. I doubt that that elemental pen works on GH since it usable on a mace only. It might by possible though that the 30% added elemental damage will work. Using that weapon should mean not having to spec into RT. Need to test it.

I have tested the Southpaw build in maps already. The trash clear is really good. Biggest issue is like always...the life pool. You might have high block but your life pool is only mediocre.
Getting oneshotted is an issue. So are damage over time effects from ground effects (breaches). Physical mitigation without flasks is not that good aswell. You need flasks armour/phys reduction flasks or you will get hammered.

Biggest issue I found are elemental resistant bosses with a lot of health. Even with over 30k dps under buffs they barely take a scratch (fully buffed shaped Arid Lake boss f.e.). Currently trying to swap Multistrike in instead of Melee Splash for bosses. In 2.6 that would be Cold Pen anyway.

The map clearing itself is really good. As long has you have mobs around for area damage. Melee Splash itself is lacking damage spread though. If the mobs are spread out you will have trouble killng them all.

It is a fun build but I'm not convinced.

Good gloves for the build are Southbound. Any dot/totem can finish bosses that cannot be frozen. 16% maximum life is sth we can talk about.
Belly of the Beast would be a really good alternative for BoR. Problem are the links. Getting a 4linked BoR is easy. You need a 6linked Belly to get the same amount of links and you loose the physical damage and the block.

I had some other ideas. Going Berserker instead of Duelist using a bigger life pool and better leech. But that requires Vaal Pact. :/

Another kind of wonky idea I had was using Trypanon with Marylene's Fallacy on an Inquisitor. But I think the idea is flawed because GH scales of physical damage which the Trypanon has non off. You would need insane amounts of +physical damage on gear (Abyssus) to even make it viable.

The benefit of Trypanon and Inquisitor is that you can ignore elemental penetration since you always crit. Problem is scaling the GH damage.

*edit*

Tested http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tempestuous_Steel

Yes it is a really good offensive alternative but you loose 8% block. Damage is close. What is kind of wierd is that my chance to hit is not listed as 100%. Not even for Whirling Blades. When speccing into RT I always have 100% chance to hit in the character window.
Dernière édition par zorker, le 21 févr. 2017 13:52:56
Leveled to 75. Tempestuous and Doryanis is an amazing couple.

http://imgur.com/a/X6Ya7

I have 41k dps at level 75. On a 4link with Glacial Hammer and most of the other gems ~level 18. Non of them has quality. Only my Frostbite has. The tooltip dps is missing Frostbite, the actual dps is higher.

Currently thinking about buying Southbound and testing them. Because of Tempestuos I still have crit chance and a critical fire hit will Ignite. Well my totem can do the killing too.

The build itself plays quite well but you really have to be careful not to take to many damage nodes. You need that 4k life at minimum.

Optimally you want Tempestuous corrupted with block chance while dualwielding.

The best thing about 2.6 is that we get Splash for free. This gives us one additional gem slot in BoR. GH - Hypothermia - WeD are set imo. Cold Pen and Multistrike are both really good.

I made one mistake though. I thought that chance to freeze is depending on how much cold damage you do. That is wrong though. Only critical hits will freeze or normal hits if they trigger the chance to freeze. I have ~10% chance to crit atm. GH has 25% chance to freeze, hypothemia has 10%, frostbite has 13%. Should be enough imo. Nearly 50% chance to freeze on a normal hit.

*edit* Tested Southbound. I would not use them. The damage and life of rare gloves is more than comparable. On top of that you often oneshot whole packs with Melee Splash. But that Splash does not freeze all the mobs. Means you have certain mobs spread out at 1 health that need a second wave of attacks to get them killed. The freeze duration might be worthwhile on bosses though. Bosses will be most likely ignited and thus killed from the burn. Vortex works just fine to finish them off too. I would only use them on bosses as a swap with the same gems.

Btw does Tempestuous mean that I cannot evade enemy hits or that enemies cannot evade my own hits? *edit* Tested it. It is like RT, but only if it is the only weapon equipped. WTF?!

That being said. If freeze is based on the damage being a crit that brings me back to Trypannon. As an elemental Inquisitor each hit would crit, shock and ignite. Not sure though how that build is leeching.
Dernière édition par zorker, le 21 févr. 2017 17:19:17
"
zorker a écrit :

Stuff... Things...
Leveled to 75. Tempestuous and Doryanis is an amazing couple.

http://imgur.com/a/X6Ya7

I have 41k dps at level 75. On a 4link with Glacial Hammer and most of the other gems ~level 18. Non of them has quality. Only my Frostbite has. The tooltip dps is missing Frostbite, the actual dps is higher.

Currently thinking about buying Southbound and testing them. Because of Tempestuos I still have crit chance and a critical fire hit will Ignite. Well my totem can do the killing too.

The build itself plays quite well but you really have to be careful not to take to many damage nodes. You need that 4k life at minimum.

Optimally you want Tempestuous corrupted with block chance while dualwielding.

The best thing about 2.6 is that we get Splash for free. This gives us one additional gem slot in BoR. GH - Hypothermia - WeD are set imo. Cold Pen and Multistrike are both really good.

I made one mistake though. I thought that chance to freeze is depending on how much cold damage you do. That is wrong though. Only critical hits will freeze or normal hits if they trigger the chance to freeze. I have ~10% chance to crit atm. GH has 25% chance to freeze, hypothemia has 10%, frostbite has 13%. Should be enough imo. Nearly 50% chance to freeze on a normal hit.

*edit* Tested Southbound. I would not use them. The damage and life of rare gloves is more than comparable. On top of that you often oneshot whole packs with Melee Splash. But that Splash does not freeze all the mobs. Means you have certain mobs spread out at 1 health that need a second wave of attacks to get them killed. The freeze duration might be worthwhile on bosses though. Bosses will be most likely ignited and thus killed from the burn. Vortex works just fine to finish them off too. I would only use them on bosses as a swap with the same gems.

Btw does Tempestuous mean that I cannot evade enemy hits or that enemies cannot evade my own hits? *edit* Tested it. It is like RT, but only if it is the only weapon equipped. WTF?!

That being said. If freeze is based on the damage being a crit that brings me back to Trypannon. As an elemental Inquisitor each hit would crit, shock and ignite. Not sure though how that build is leeching.

I am sorry, I know you are just happy to share these thought and discoveries. But it is kind off hard to read in these slopes of text. If you want, i will add your dual-wield version to this concept if you want - with your name on top, of course :)

Dernière édition par dawe45, le 23 févr. 2017 11:15:12
"
I have read this whole thread. The new jewel will be better than I thought. I wanted a build using Cameria's Maul to make some kind of alibaba build like in diablo 2 lol but we cannot do this in path of exile, well not on a solo play.

You guys speak about builds with dps but the guy that made this thread wanted a mf build.

For mf, the gloves give no hp, the chest give no hp, the weapons except doriany op give medium dps, the mf belt give no hp, the bringer of rain legacy version in legacy league will be very good but if we use it we removethe mf chest with the quantity coming with AND overall the rarity is completely useless in this game, what we want is quantity... So in short lol I'll check for another build. I know too much what it is to play a melee with 5k hp...

Yea unfortunatelly RichJ, who made Cameria, designed this as a joke unique. So its not viable unless they add this to the list of buffed uniques for 2.6.

I mean its not meant to kill bosses, its more like to chain-shatter packs to get the most out of MF these days. Back in 2015 there were MF builds made just for killing dominus/piety to obtain good loot, but nowadays it is not really profitable.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires