[2.6 Gladiator] Shattering riches [Glacial Hammer Block MagicFind][Build in progress]

Hello exiles,

this is my plan and progression page for my build using Glacial Hammer.

Build plan

Lethargy Jewel: -- Renamed to Winter Burial
- Increased cold damage. (probably 5-15%)
- With at least 40 strength in radius, Glacial Hammer deals cold-only splash damage
to surrounding targets.
- With at least 40 strength in radius, 25% of Glacial Hammer physical damage converted
to cold damage.

Only one jewel is probably needed because of cold conversion nodes in ranger area.

Links: Glacial Hammer
- Multistrike
-(Melee Splash) - just for levelling, until we obtain Lethargy jewel
- Ice Bite - Frenzy Charge generation + additional chance to freeze.
- Cold Penetration - Since we are converting all into cold this is very good gem.
- Weapon Elemental Damage
- Melee Physical Damage - Because 100% conversion from physical.
- Faster Attacks / Increased Rarity

Defensive links no. 1: Cast when Damage Taken
- Frostbite / Enfeeble
- Immortal Call
- Increased Duration

Defensive links no. 2: Cast when Damage Taken
- Tempest Shield
- Blind

Single target help: Ancestral Warchief
- Concentrated Effect
- Melee Physical Damage
- Faster Attacks

Buffs: Herald of Ice (linked with Increased Rarity), Hatred

Golem / Movement: Stone Golem + Leap Slam
- Faster Attacks
- Fortify

Skill tree goals:
- Grab all efficient block nodes. (ranger, duelist, maraurder)
- 2 Frenzy Charges. (duelist, ranger)
- 3 Endurance Charges. (duelist, maraurder, templar)
- Every jewel slot with 40 strength around. (duelist, maraurder, templar)
- Fangs of Frost cluster. (Cold weapon damage near duelist)

Bandits:
- Oak, Kill, Oak

Ascendancy:
- Painforged
- Versatile Combatant
- Violent Retaliation
-(Outmatch and Outlast) - this one is not really necessary

Magic Find uniques:
- Aurseize (wiki)
- Greed´s Embrace (wiki)
- Ventor´s Gamble (wiki)
- Bisco's Collar (wiki)

Legacy league:
- Because of "explosive" nature of this build i will try to run combination of perandus + ambush + beyond as much as possible. This will lead in a tons of spawning beyond monsters only to be caught in a icy explosion cascade around.

Passive skill tree plan: Link

This might change later as I progress through game.

State of Exile:

- Last update: 8th March, 2017 22:35 CET

- IGN: Telarion_GH

- Level: 70

- Tooltip dps: 11,47k (double damage against chilled is not included)

- Link: Glacial Hammer - Multistrike - Ice Bite - WEDu - Melee Phys

- Equipment:

Using this flask to activate double damage from weapon and extra weapon elemental damage from prismweave.
- Current skill tree: link
Needed a bit of resistances, Diamond Skin and Cloth and Chain will be dropped later.
Dernière édition par dawe45, le 8 mars 2017 16:35:46
Dernier bump le 5 juil. 2017 23:22:45
Dernière édition par zorker, le 17 févr. 2017 06:49:31
"
zorker a écrit :

Nice one, so you go for southpaw version right? I would actually go with doryanis inv just for phys version, you dont really need flat armor on belt and cold resist will help you find cheaper gear for other slots.
No the cold belt is for the leech. We have 100% conversion. We need elemental or attack leech or we are fucked.
"
zorker a écrit :
No the cold belt is for the leech. We have 100% conversion. We need elemental or attack leech or we are fucked.

ah yea, forgot about that :) i used to rely just on life regen and flasks most of the time :)
Dernière édition par dawe45, le 18 févr. 2017 06:12:38
Currently leveling a test character on Breach. Imo the biggest issue of GH later on will be clear speed. Not because it is lacking damage but good damage spread. The area of impact is just so tiny.

I'm currently playing without Multistrike and with Herald of Anger and Added Fire. I have no full conversion in Breach and the damage I gain from additional physical to fire conversion is insane.

Tried Herald of Ice. The damage is just not there to make it viable.
"
zorker a écrit :
Currently leveling a test character on Breach. Imo the biggest issue of GH later on will be clear speed. Not because it is lacking damage but good damage spread. The area of impact is just so tiny.

I'm currently playing without Multistrike and with Herald of Anger and Added Fire. I have no full conversion in Breach and the damage I gain from additional physical to fire conversion is insane.

Tried Herald of Ice. The damage is just not there to make it viable.

Yea once you start scale cold damage it becomes relevant. I have played one GH build back in tempest it worked quite well, the big issue was a single target. But i guess this will not be problem now with all tools at hand :D
Do not forget that you only need to do 70% mob health on single target. All you need is high enough damgage/chance to freeze.

I still do not see how HoI can become viable since it is not related to the damage of GH. It relies on its own own cold damage once you shatter a mob which is not viable even later on as a melee imo. On top of that you need additional mana reserved to support HoI. Imo GH is like any other melee build. You scale physical damage and convert it either with extra or by full conversion.

I read sth interesting about Reckoning though. My idea is to put it in Doryani's mace and give it some sort of status alignment.
Dernière édition par zorker, le 19 févr. 2017 05:23:58
Your thoughts on this?
Dernière édition par riverwithin, le 19 févr. 2017 06:58:34
Cameria is a really good alternative to Doryani's.

I have nearly finished my tests for my dual wield GH hammer build with block.

2.6 aura setup: Hatred + Blasphemy + Frostbite

2.6 BoR setup: GH - Hypothermia - Weapon Elemental Damage - Cold Pen - (Faster Attacks, Melee Phys, Blind from helm) - (Melee Splash from gems) = 8 links

You can do the aura switch to Hatred around level 60. That is where you have enough mana from levels and enough points in the tree to sustain it.

Tested it without Melee Splash by swapping in Physical to Lightning for the full conversion. Just to see how it feels without leech from physical. It is fine but you need the splash. You get overwhelmed in breaches otherwise.

Around 50-55% block from gear/tree. The block/armour flask takes care of the rest. Really happy with the damage too.

227% life version:
http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAP0kKwB8AdwDhwSxBS0JWAxzDY0R1RQgFewbrSFgI9Mj9igqKaUshTB8Ne867T7PQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUEdRR1eXWhpbr16LXz9gQWNwZU1vJ3TtdPF2rHfjeWh7FHzZfXWBQYO9hNmFUod2ivCLT419jb-PYJVml3maaptqo4qpbq2NsKuxs7kdvTa95r6nwQTBi8MzxILPftN-0_zZYdrB26fd5-Of5FHpRuoY7g7vDvcy_MX-ugBeGY7tgwgu9kiMzz38WGPAGngNtfI1kti9Vw3SIfJBggfzm2hlbzs31O0__o9N46ZXOuHyRf4Keu_ZfJstBosOQyDjzV8AAAAAAA==

188% life more damage version (Bone Breaker, Fang of Frost):
http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAP0kKwB8AdwDhwSxBS0JWAxzDY0R1RQgFewbrSFgI9Mj9igqKaUshTB8Ne867T7PQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUEdRR1eXWhpbr16LXz9gQWNwZU1vJ3TtdPF2rHfjeWh7FHzZfXWBQYO9hNmFUod2ivCLT419jb-PYJVml3maaptqo4qpbq2NsKuxs7kdvTa95r6nwQTBi8MzxILPftN-0_zZYdrB26fd5-Of5FHqGO4O7w73MvzF_roAXhmO7YMILvZIjM89_FhjwBp4DbXyNZLYvVcN0iHyQYIH85toZW87N9TtP5stUeZ3Uzs7nsUUdcjM74_fb-lGBosOQyDjzV8AAAAAAA==
Dernière édition par zorker, le 20 févr. 2017 03:52:45

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires