[2.4]Cheap, Tanky, Reflect Immune ! Low Life Kinetic Blast Champion 110k+ dps 8k+ ES 18k eva!

Updates for 2.4

nothing in tree or gear changes for 2.4, you can still use all the same stuff, except that frostwall wont work anymore.

Single target solution 1:

Use a 4L Barrage setup for single target. Kinetic blast is still strong vs bosses if there are walls around them.

Single target solution 2:

Use 2x5L in your 6L: instead of a 6th link like increased crit damage, use Barrage as a 6th "Link" so that effectively you have a 5L kinetic blast, and a 5L Barrage for single target. Seems like a good compromise.

I won't update the guide alot for 2.4 since I will be playing other builds. Maybe I will revisit the build in a month or so. The build is still viable, nothing has changed, the only thing that is gone is the insane single target through frostwall, but barrage is a very good single target skill aswell. You just wont melt bosses down within a second. But the defenses of this build allow you to survive through longer boss fights, so it shouldnt be a problem.

If you are experimenting with other things, feel free to post it here! I will still be checking the guide here frequently.

//old 2.3 stuff here

Hello ! Before you get confused, this build has two versions: A chaos/physical based one which is more expensive, and an elemental one which I recommend to start out with.

endorsements

"
MatrixFactor a écrit :
That said 100k KB DPS (enough) and easy to play definitely makes this a great build to go for 100 with.

"
mad4thrash a écrit :
This is brilliant :D, also very well written guide

"
xerofite a écrit :
The build really wont pickup until after you get pierce 100%. This is when your clearspeeds get ridiculous. I'm still kind of low level but I also have a deadeye KB toon and although my dmg is slightly better she is just way too squishy to do merc lab and higher up maps. The permanent fortify is amazing. Even with low ES you can totally see the different in how much damage you take and your survivability goes nuts.

"
Klezdaoufz a écrit :
Currently at 6600 ES with garbage stuff, 68K dps full charges with piscator and 5L. This build is insanly good and the clear speed is very very great

"
noob_woodpecker a écrit :
I would say this is the strongest build (dps-wise and tankiness) i've tried up to date.

Changes for 2.3

>>> New suggestion! If you feel like you need more defense vs stuns, get this new unique flask: Kiara's Determination <<<

Otherwise, nothing basicly changed compared to 2.2. We lost a bit of fortify effectiveness, that's about it. If I understood it right, the new intimidate thing on "first to strike, last to fall" basicly means we get a free 10% more damage as long as we hit enemies first (aka we play solo) which is great.

The only threat to this build before was heavy, fast hitting spell damage from monsters. Since some spell casting mobs got a damage buff in 2.3, maybe this will be somewhat more of a problem, but i guess not a major one. Be careful with new spellcasting monsters and see how it feels.

Due to the rarity changes, Shavronnes will have a much higher cost than in perandus, I predict. The elemental version is still great to start out the build, I recommend leveling as bow and spec into LL KB at around lvl 80.

The chaos/phys version is more expensive but is doing a slightly better job in very hard T13+ maps.

TLDR: Build still fine same tree same everything

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

UPDATE May 2016:

I am Level 95 now and I've experimented alot. I have to say that 100% pierce chance is amazing for single target and you are better off with Spell Echo - Frost wall. Thanks to Mathil for pointing this out on his guide on Wanders.

Below is my current chaos/physical variant of the build. It's a bit more expensive to do. The original, elemental-focused build still works fine. You may have seen Mathil's Video and the insane dps he was getting. I basicly adapted some of his ideas and merged it with the tankiness my original build was having. While it is not as cheap to gear as my previous, elemental-focused build, it overall feels a bit better because it has a high amount of physical+chaos damage which is barely resisted even in the highest tiers of maps. Yet the elemental version still has amazing damage even single target, as you can see in the videos of player shinybluthing: TempChain+Enfeeble T14 Dominus killed in 4 seconds

I have recorded a few new videos using the chaos/phys variant (double reflect + vulnerability Springs, Enfeeble+extra life Collosseum, Casual Beyond Waterways double boss run) that you can find below!

Also, guide follower shinybluthing has made some Twitch videos of the elemental version on high tier maps like Conservatory and Palace. I have added his videos (with his permission ofc) to my video list, so check out his stuff aswell!

My current Physical/Chaos CoE Variant

This is my current gear/Tree for a more Physical/Chaos damage oriented version of the build, similar to Mathil's one. Despite having lower tooltip than the Elemental version (90k fully buffed) it is using chaos and physical damage mostly which is barely resisted and performs better in the highest Tiers of maps.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAJst-KHsXKrNwo6ElGvUGbSJcWqTvqctg3vUTP91yxUg1ljqYvajLOmPYO96hrMj09N-bycknZpqYlrfmMSilwYZisM6-wmbtSo49tpfsITFGo_KSm-egwmcpEZxhxO0DOGIdwfqusrTHaoNfL6K_kmTJ6Evf8ZTNaKjwcVQQsHzD8TsGIw2gh5cipUgj_pwu4nTFLAtH_DV0NDZE3BSmmHFKB1PTLNJUUcGX2ovbyoLwnP2WzW50B8gbtvnXfJzcFm8EVCnK-_rUDBsCLTFKwqfiG0Z217xisLsES_259lbKlvOcBslefYJoEuuQzZs5-kCUuw_cwAAAAA=

Note that in this version, the duelist leech nodes are not mandatory anymore if you have a high physical dps wand. That would free up 7 points which is pretty huge. However, using it gives you incredible leech even single target, and makes you mapmod-reflect immune (which is hard to achieve without) so you can run double reflect maps. It also provides better manaleech. Plus, it allows you to skip phys damage completely and use a pure Chaos wand instead. Your choice.

Gear

As you can see I left out a few auras (only running wrath+grace+HoI+Disci) and switched jewels/tree/gear into spell damage using CoE.

Videos showing physical/chaos wander

T11 Double Reflect+Vulnerability Springs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76AYw6WNFNc

T15 8 Map Mods Enfeeble/Monster life/EE/Curse/status immune Colosseum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywa9nMvsP1g

T13 Double boss/Beyond Waterways (Bosses killed in 1sec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQh9g2MZr9Q

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Cheaper elemental version starts here
Hello everybody,

this is my first build guide, a really cool character I wanted to share with you. It is a low life kinetic blast wander, but opposed to most other guides in the forums, a tankier version of it with "cheap" gear ("cheap" as in doable in a temp league with no mirrored gear or skyforths).

Ascendancy classes add alot of power to your character. While they can help making more builds viable or do more damage, they can also be used to give extra defense or utility to existing (meta) builds. The Champion is currently the best class to add defensiveness to your character, mostly through perma Fortify. This build also uses another interesting node in the Champion Ascendancy. Find out more below !

I have achieved reflect immunity without the use of Vinktar's or any other fancy flask/temporary mechanic, my defenses are always up. Let's go ! I tried to keep this short and simple, but I am afraid it turned out to be pretty long :O Feel free to ask any questions ! I appreciate any kind of feedback.

My IGN: Timaeus

tl;dr

- First to Strike, Last to Fall + Grace + Fortify = OPop defence and reflect mitigation: Reflect immune!
- Stack damage Auras with Prism Guardian to get 100k+ dps
- ES gear to compensate lack of ES from shield: Still easy to reach 7-8k ES
- Duelist Mana/Lifeleech for no Mana issues and no need for LL gem
- Video of double reflect Plateau (a bit outdated, am using pierce now): https://youtu.be/4jmuPhSJjnk
- new shipyard run with pierce gem https://youtu.be/zqw7HpZ4x3Y

Huge inspiration was coming from previous work of Divina and feelgod. While their guides are outdated, its still worth to check them out, I learned alot about wanders from their guides and used quite a lot of ideas from them ! Legasi's Fallen Angel is a guide for another low life wander updated for 2.2, you might want to check it out aswell.

Low life Wanders have bad reputation for being super expensive/only for the rich guys. This guide is to show otherwise. With shavronnes wrappings being so cheap at the moment, 4-5 ex is enough to start out and feel really strong already.

Do you have 1000 ex to spend? Check out MatrixFactor's Flask finder.
Do you have even more? Check Skyforth's, Andrew676's or stzbttln's guide !

... if you're not that rich, you better stay here :p

============================= Introduction ===============================

Wanding in a nutshell

How do you wand?
- wands have high base crit, so its easy to reach crit cap
- therefore: reach cap with low investment. use points to stack crit multi, attackspeed, increased damage, accuracy and defenses
- wands have rather low physical damage potential. general increased damage and increased elemental damage is easy to reach on the tree/gear, therefore go elemental or elemental/phys hybrid for easiest damage
- stack flat added damage through gear, gems and/or auras
- use vaal pact
- overcome mana issues somehow: Wand attack skills are all rather costly
- lowlife is the ultimate way of doing it: Stacks most damage through massive auras, gets high EHP pool with little point invest through ES stacking

minimum requirements

- a level 83-ish duelist with champion ascendancy
- about 20chaos for the ultra low budget version (video here, gear at the end)
- or ~4-5 exa for a 5L shavs and some decent rares

This is for a relatively low budget because...

... it is not reliant on skyforth boots. While they are very good an can be fit into the build, they are by no means needed. As of now, my complete gear combined is worth less than a pair of these boots.

... it is not reliant on (legacy) Vinktar's/Taste of Hate. While those flasks are great and if you happen to have one, of course use it ! But our defenses come from cheaper sources and are up 100% of time as opposed to flasks which can run out.

... accuracy, leech, damage, defenses mostly come from tree and auras. You can go with a Piscator's wand which is like 1 fusing and some random ES gear and do yellow maps just fine. Some accuracy on gear helps, but you dont need 69%manaregen 400 accuracy mirrored rings to make it work.

... it does not need any crit on gear to reach cap, so no diamond rings/crit amulet/+1gems legacy Maligaro needed!

... it has low chroming costs. BBBGGR shavs is not that hard to get, same for other pieces

... it does not need a 6L. the 6th link is increased critical damage/pierce/whatever you want, it is nice for dps in high maps/groups, but for yellow maps it is completely unneccessary!

what you will get

a (relatively) simple build for a low life character. Really tanky, easy to do in a temp league and easy to play. you do not rely on flasks to survive!

tree is optimized to reduce cost of gear, so you can do it on a low to mid budget

more than 110k kinetic blast gmp dps fully buffed

up to 8k es with %ES craft on rings and good gear

fortify, 22% block and 18k evasion before flasks

54% movespeed base before quicksilver

superb clearspeed while feeling extremely safe due to insane evasion&vaal pact

completely immune against physical or elemental reflect. can do double reflect maps without even noticing

can do any map mod (except bloodmagic and cannot leech)

The idea
Kinetic Blast/Wand attack build in general have always been rather mana hungry specs. The idea of this build is to use the duelist life and mana leech from attacks to never have mana issues. other wanders rely heavily on mana regen or physical mana leech from a very high pdps wand, which is insanely costly. Using the duelist leech will save you a gem slot (no LL needed) and solve mana issues.

The downside of this is that you are faaaaar away from wand/ES nodes. So in order to make it viable, we use this shield:

This shield enables us to spend less points on aura nodes, essentially skipping the templar stuff and therefore saving ~20 points which can be used otherwise.

Using grace as an aura inside that shield, combined with %aura effectiveness, some evasion increases from dexterity and the tree will yield well over 9k evasion without even trying.

Why duelist??

The duelist has a very non-optimal starting point for wanders, so asking this question is reasonable. The answer is quite simple though.

A decently geared wander never has issues with dps. So why not choose an ascendancy class that will buff its defenses and solve reflect issues? Champion is the most obvious choice.

Perma-Fortify is something you would not get otherwise and basicly means you have 30%more ES than a wander without fortify (against hits). It is a 24% damage mitigation against all damage from hits, so also the damage you take from reflect !

The (op?) synergy with duelists ascendancy:

From the moment they first released info on the champion subclass, I immediately thought of this build. It first was at 100%, already pretty strong, then they have increased it to 200% after feedback/testing and that was pretty much the reason for me to try this theorycrafted build. Well, it works pretty well :D
The consequences: If you use Grace as an aura, this will buff it up to about 18000 evasion ! That is about 57% chance to evade against a lvl 82 average monster.

It also allows you to evade alot of reflected damage, even at 3000 accuracy.

Combined with flask effect nodes, a simple granite flask of iron skin will hand you almost 20.000 armour with almost 100% uptime.

combined with fortify, this is op mitigation against any form of attacks. You will feel immortal and reflect becomes a joke.

============================= The Build ===============================

I guess that's enough for an introduction! Let's go right into the heart of the build, i.e. the tree and my gear:

The Bandits

Normal: Kill all - if you have problems with resist, you might also get the 10% all resist
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Help Alira (+1 Power Charge)

Gem Setup

4L: Kinetic blast - GMP - WED - Pierce
This is your stable 4L. as a 5th and 6th link, you can pick Increased critical Strikes, power charge on crit, added lightning damage, Increased Critical Damage, Slower projectiles, whatever you want really.

4L GGGB: Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Poacher's Mark/Assassins Mark - Frenzy

My Curse on hit setup to generate Frenzy Charges. Poachers mark also grants ALOT of extra flask charges so it is easy to have them up 100% of time if you like that playstyle. the 4th gem is Frenzy for me, with that I can keep up Frenzies in Boss fights with no adds and still curse the boss.
Swap Poachers Mark with Assassins Mark if you dont want to use a PCoC gem !!
I HIGHLY reccomend using a diamond flask if you dont use increased critical strikes gem

4L BBGG: Haste - Discipline - (Enlighten) - Summon Ice Golem
Enlighten lvl3 is recommended as a quality of life feature, but is not needed if youre on a budget.

3L RGB Shield: Anger - Wrath - Grace
They need to get into the shield !

This is the basic needed setup, leaving you with a free 4L and a 3L Wand. You can chose whatever fits your playstyle, I went with the following:

2L BB Frost wall - spell echo

This is your single target melting skill. be sure to spawn as many walls as you can right behind the boss/mob you want to kill - the more walls you have, the higher the damage will be !! see videos for examples
If you dont have 100% pierce (because you still level or something) you can also use Frost wall with Spell totem.

2L BR Rallying Cry - Flame Dash
Rallying cry is a nice damage buff, Frost wall is used to create explosions even in open maps. Thanks go to MatrixFactor for suggesting me to use Frost wall on spell totem. It is really op against bosses and high HP rares, just spam it somewhere near and it will do a great job, so you create extra explosions ! Check out MatrixFactor's Guide for high quality information on that.
Flame dash is nice so you can move past obstacles and dodge difficult situations. I would never map without it!

3L RGB Wand: Increased Duration - Vaal Grace - Vaal Haste
Vaal skills for mapping.

Auras/Buffs

My current setup:
Aura calc

I run Grace, Anger, Wrath on life with Prism Guardian.
Discipline, Haste, Herald of Ice on Mana.
I chose Haste over Hatred because my wand deals low physical damage and I value attackspeed/movespeed higher than a bit more cold damage. The added cold from Herald of Ice is enough to shatter mobs even in T14-15 maps.

Gear Examples

my normal gear

stun immune version for HC

I swap the prismatic ring and amulet for these two:

Once again, stun immunity is not needed for normal mapping. for Some fights like academy boss and Crematorium I highly reccomend swapping to chayula or you have to play really carefully.

dual curse tryhard version 150k+ dps

Swap a Flask for Diamond Flask if you dont want the crit strikes gem. Extremely tryhard imo, change Frenzy gem with Assassins Mark if you cant get the corruption. Reaches well over 150k dps but sacrifices some ES and cant do curse immune maps.

Flasks:

Jewels:

Note that mantra of flames is really op for my build ! 6 Auras, Fortify, Ice Golem, Rallying cry and Onslaught from a Silver flasks add up to ten buffs, yielding me an average of 85 flat fire damage, thats almost double the damage Herald of Thunder would add !

Edit: According to the wiki, Onslaught from Silver flask does not count as a buff towards Mantra of Flames. No Source on that yet, will have to test it, but still you get nine buffs then.

Note that you can add a low level clarity on bloodmagic, and a cast when damage taken - molten shell - tempest shield for another 3 easy buffs.

Enchants

Glove enchant: Go for whatever you want. I find them annoying so I won't do any.

Helm Enchant: Any Kinetic blast one is good. Any aura enchant also helps a bit.

Boot enchant: Try to get the 0.5% life and mana leech if you've killed recently. not needed, but adds extra safety vs reflect. Or:
Get stun avoidance on boots. This can also help vs stuns.

Gearing explained

Wand: I got a decent Wand, I paid 1 ex for it, nothing special. 1.6+aps 10+crit and ~300 total DPS (physical and elemental combined) is rocksolid here. For a budget version, use Piscator's Vigil. I get around 70k dps with it which is still plenty for its price (1fusing).

Shield: Nothing much to say, this baby provides 37 all resist and lets us run 3 50% auras on Life, buffed from +2 to levels ! The only downside is the low ES, which is compensated by getting more %ES from the tree and other gear pieces. If you have a legacy one go for it, its even more resist then. If you want to corrupt a few to get the +1 all gems implicit you can do it, but I don't think its worth sacrificing the 12% all resist. You choose. Costs about 3 Chaos.

Chest: Pretty much clear? If you are a memer try to get 420 ES ;) 5L is really cheap right now, 6L also dropping alot. I payed about 14ex for mine but now you already get some for 12ex so yeah budget.

Helmet: My best gear piece I guess, i payed 2ex55c for it. Try to get as much ES as possible. Int, resist, Accuracy is all nice. 300 ES Helmets go for 1chaos so you can start with a low budget one here aswell.
(feedback from reader): You can also use The Vertex mask as a start, it provides +1 to all gems so you can use discipline/Haste/enlighten lvl2 in there until you can afford an enlighten lvl3. It has become really cheap now, 10-15c depending on your league, provides you with a huge amount of evasion (opop) and 300-340 es which is rocksolid. Only downside: No resist/Accuracy, so you need better jewlry.

Gloves: Nothing special, High ES/Accuracy/Attackspeed/Resist whatever you can get, mine cost me 55c which is very good price I think. You kinda have to use ES gloves for this build because our shield almost has no ES. Maybe Acuity works but its not needed since Vaal Pact is right on our way and would only save 1 Skill point.

Boots: Use Rainbowstride (5-6 chaos) here if you can't find good ones. A high end piece should have 30 Movespeed, 200 ES and Int/Resist, whatever you get. Don't overpay here as I said, Rainbowstrides will be great until you can afford better ones. My boots cost me 15 fusings then I crafted flat ES on them. If you play in Perandus League, Steppan Eard might be a solid choice. They don't come with resist, but provide a very high amount of ES and high movespeed, plus some random bonuses.

Belt: Get WED/Flat ES/Trires here. Look for cheap deals, my belt cost me 8 chaos. To a person not familiar with ES based attack builds such belts can look underwhelming, so they often go for a low price. A Fire/Lightning/Physical Doryani Belt might also be a solid choice if you cant find a better rare.

Amulet: Get high Critmulti/%ES on it plus whatever stat you can get for your budget. My Amulet cost me 10chaos I think, its not the best but enough for me. Also it fixes my Strength completely.

Rings: At first sight my rings might look trash. I got them both for 1c each. But actually there are pretty close to BIS... I could craft 5-20% ES on both for 1ex each to reach 8100 ES, but currently I don't feel its needed. Get High WED/Flat es with open prefix for %ES craft. Accuracy/Resist/Int as suffixes, as always.

In total I payed about 18-20exa or so on my gear so far. If you subtract the cost for the 6L, it is 6-8exa gear cost in total for very good gear. Skyforth boots at the moment cost 27ex or more in PSC, just for your comparison. I think the build is still pretty cost efficient.

The guys in standard spend thousands of exalteds to reach ~300k dps. so i am at 33-50% of their dps, with same amount of total ES, same if not better defenses at not even 1% of their cost. I think that is efficient :D

As for Flasks:
Use whatever you want really. Staunching/Warding/Heat flask is mandatory. Good Prefixes on flasks are Experimenter's, Surgeon's, Chemist's, Perpetual.

For extra Physical mitigation: Rumi's Concoction, Taste of Hate, Basalt Flask, Granite Flask of Iron Skin

For extra elemental mitigation: Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire flasks

For Utility: Quicksilver/Silver Flask for more movespeed. Quartz Flask for opening scary boxes ( The Phasing from the flask counts as a buff so it will boost the damage from Mantra of Flames!)

My Stats

Note that I still need %ES craft on my rings which will push me to more than 8000 Energy Shield. Plus my Anger is not lvl 20 yet :P
Defence

Defence with Flasks/charges/rallying cry

Offence with charges

A bit outdated since I use pierce now, but still pretty much the same dps numbers.
5Power,3frenzy:

Offence fully buffed

A bit outdated since I use pierce now, but still pretty much the same dps numbers.
Charges, Vaal haste, Onslaught flask and rallying cry from ~20 monsters. Note that it is WITHOUT atziri flask or taste of hate, so it can go way higher.

Videos (NEW May 2016)

Videos of the physical/chaos variant are at the top of the page, right below the green text.

New ones :

Videos by Player shinybluthing:
(He is already using the 100%pierce/frostwall + echo setup that i highly reccomend)
First Phase T14 Palace Dominus
Temporal Chains + Enfeeble 4 second Palace Dominus Kill 2nd Phase
Also check out his ~30min footage of playing maps here :https://www.twitch.tv/shinyblu/v/63378338

Older stuff:
Me doing a 77 Plateau double reflect (physical and elemental reflect):
https://youtu.be/4jmuPhSJjnk (outdated, am using pierce now)

79 Shipyard TempchainFleetBeyondPhysreflect:
I rolled it with Zana's Beyond mod.
https://youtu.be/zqw7HpZ4x3Y

Ultra low budget variant: 20 Chaos, 100% unique gear. Elemental reflect T9 Underground River map. I even took out all flasks to show the durability in extreme situations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqya1x-ZaE
Gear used can be seen at the end of the guide.

Sorry for shitty playstyle. I can add more videos if you are interested, though my upload speed is abysmal so it might take a few days :p feel free to request any map !

=========================== FAQ and Help section ===========================

Leveling

So, how do you level this?
Honestly, no idea (lol). I leveled as 2H melee, then played maxblock Varunastra for a while. Got bored of it, then spent ~150 regret for this build. I do not recommend doing that though :D
Maybe someone who reads this has a better idea, but I think you can level this as elemental (crit) Bow with this tree. Then respec around level 81 into this. Before that I think it is not worth going low life, it is a relatively point hungry build after all.

Hardcore?

I am a bad player as you can see in the videos, so I play softcore. But I would definetely say this is HC viable: Fortify, good mitigation, high ES pool, oneshot mobs, never die to reflect. I would change the amulet to eye of chayula probably to be stun immune. Get a Guardian support and go for 100!

Gearing tips

- You need at least 28 Strength from gear to use all the gems. So either use a heavy belt, or get the strength from the amulet. I reccomend using a heavy belt.

- Aim for at least 200 Accuracy from the gear. More is better, but don't go crazy or you will not evade as much of your own projectiles. I find about 3000 total Accuracy with Golem up more than enough. That means about 700 total accuracy from gear.

- stacking Flat Energy Shield and Intelligence is the best way to reach high total ES numbers.

- %Weapon elemental Damage is your most important stat for getting more damage. Flat added Elemental Damage is not that great since we already get alot of it from Auras.

- get as much resists from your belt as possible. It is cheapest&most effective here

- rule of thumb: Accuracy on Helmet/Glove is cheap, Accuracy on Rings is expensive. Resist on glove/Helmet is expensive, on Rings its cheap. Therefore: To save some Currency, if you need Accuracy, get it on Helmet/Glove, and get your resists from Rings/Belt.

- use a Piscator's Vigil Wand until you can afford a 1.6 aps, 10+crit Imbued Wand with at least ~250 total DPS (physical+elemental combined)

FAQ

Q: What about Crown of Eyes ?
A: It's a very good helmet if you can stack alot of spell damage. I don't think its worth it for me though. I can't use a spelldamage shield and dont get any other spelldamage from the gear, and rarely have access to it on the tree, and I dont get many jewels. If you are very high level (95+) and you can still get resist capped, for sure it is BiS for this build! I just prefer a high ES helmet over the damage increase, since 100k is more than enough for anything. My Physical/Chaos version of the build uses a Crown of Eyes+spell Damage shield, you can check it out at the start of this post.

Q: What about stuns ?
A: As you might have realized, I don't have any form of stun immunity at my gear. I don't feel it is needed. I am ranged, everything dies in one hit, and if not, crazy evasion+block+high movespeed makes it almost impossible to get stunlocked from attacks. THE ONLY DANGER is coming from spells. Crematorium boss is really risky to do as is, but if you swap your amulet to eye of chayula you get stun immunity for situations where you need it. If you play this build for a while, you will realize that if you play carefully against spellcasters, you dont need stun immunity.

Q: What if I have Skyforth?
A: That is great ! You can swap out the Power charge on Crit gem for another damage link like pierce or faster attacks. Experiment what you like best ! You can also save 3 Points from Charisma if you have a high lvl enlighten and spend those points on an extra jewel or more ES:
Tree for Skyforth and Aura setup

Q: How do you get so much ES?
A: To get ~8k ES, you should get: Shavronne's Wrappings, A 400ES+ Helmet, 200ES+ gloves and boots, flat ES on jewelry/belts, and as much INT as you can get. Plus a high %ES roll on the amulet. %ES craft on rings (Elreon 7 prefix) also is very good. Don't get discouraged if you can only reach 6000 ES. This is still plenty since you also have Fortify ! Small things add up quite a bit in this case.

Q: How do I reach 100k dps?
A: Get 20/20 Gems, lvl 20 or 21 Auras, a 6L. High WED rolls on rings, belt, and amulet. A wand with 1.6 or more attackspeed and enough crit to be near cap. Add 1-2 Damage Jewels, rallying cry and an Onslaught Flask. Atziri's Promise boosts dps quite a bit, as does Vaal Haste.

20chaos Ultra low budget section

If you cannot afford shavs, but you still want to try this build, use the following gear. It consists 100% of uniques and lvl 18 zero quality gems. Only use this if you cannot find better rares than this. It is mostly vendor trash, but it will work! I can upload a video of it if someone actually is interested, leave me a message.

You will get about 3100 Energy shield, 30.000dps with charges, and 17000 evasion / 1500 armour. Still plenty to do maps up until Tier 10. Do not do this in Hardcore or if you dont know much about the game in general.

If you want stun immunity, change the amulet to eye of chayula and the helmet to vertex mask.
Upgrade to Shavs ASAP !

100% unique only 20chaos total cost

Possible other Classes

This build works fine with other Ascendancy classes aswell (or even with no Ascendancy class) - the only thing that you probably won't get from other classes is the complete reflect immunity (needs testing), so you might have to skip the occasional ele reflect roll.
I will only provide you with suggested skill trees, you can modify them to your likings!

you can do:
-Pathfinder with Master surgeon and some penetration
-Deadeye for maximum deeps
-Raider for insane clearspeed/doesnt need Poachers Mark for Frenzy Charges
-Trickster for more ES, similar defenses and again auto Frenzy charge generation
-Occultist to get rid of the pcoc gem, dual cursing and explosions
-Ascendant and pick whatever two classes seem good to you: Berkserker, Elementalist, Inquisitor, Assassin, Deadeye, Raider, Pathfinder all have great benefits for this build.

Party Play

With so many Auras, Parties will love to have you (except the damn Voltaxic meta builds because your Anger is a nice PK Aura :^))
You also get great Synergies with a Guardian: Your 200% increased armour and evasion on low life means that any flat armour you get from Guardian's Radiant Faith gets boosted ALOT. Plus, they can use Determination.
An example: A random Guardian dude from Master rotations gave me 13000 Armour and 1000 Energy Shield just from standing next to me. They can also cast specific Curses for you like elemental weakness, warlords mark or Projectile weakness to boost your dps even further.

Fashion section

So this is why you should invest a few chaos and points into MTX/Skin transfer:

I don't know about you, but this does not exactly look visually appealing to me. I tried a few things and ended up with the skin transfers you can see at the top of this thread, I think it looks quite okay.

For wands, the only good looking skin transfer to me is Storm Prison. When using Herald of ice, Arctic weapon effect goes well with it. I don't own Eagle Claw/Serpend Egg/Steam-powered wand MTX, so if one of you can make a screenshot of a Duelist wielding it, I can add it here.

I am also open to/looking for MTX/skin transfer combinations that look good on a wand+shield Duelist ! Let's make this Champion also a Champ of Fashions ;)

That's it, I hope some of you liked it! Again, feel free to ask any questions in this thread or ingame.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
Dernière édition par cmphx, le 1 sept. 2016 10:58:42
Dernier bump le 6 juil. 2017 22:45:24
Reserved for future changes

Changelog:

12/4/16: Added Enchant section
13/4/16: Edited gem Setup to use Pierce. Huge thanks to MatrixFactor and other redditors!
13/4/16: added different gearing example
14/4/16: added ultra low budget gear section
14/4/16: added shipyard video
16/4/16: Added ultra low budget video showcase
02/5/16: Added new phys/chaos variant, new videos and updated a few bits. 100% pierce now !
03/5/16: Added several videos for the phys/chaos variant
28/5/16: Updated thoughts on 2.3

Dernière édition par cmphx, le 28 mai 2016 09:18:29
Very cool! Duelist seemed decent to me because of Vitality Void and the nearby flask nodes, but I guess you don't need the flasks.

I feel like you could get 200k DPS by replacing ICS and PCoC with added lightning and something like crit multi or faster attacks or added cold. Maybe generate PCs with assassin's on hit and FCs with blood dance, or get double curse?

That said 100k KB DPS (enough) and easy to play definitely makes this a great build to go for 100 with.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor a écrit :
Very cool! Duelist seemed decent to me because of Vitality Void and the nearby flask nodes, but I guess you don't need the flasks.

I feel like you could get 200k DPS by replacing ICS and PCoC with added lightning and something like crit multi or faster attacks or added cold. Maybe generate PCs with assassin's on hit and FCs with blood dance, or get double curse?

yay matrixfactor approved ! will quote you on that if needed :p

Thanks for the feedback. You know, i am a lazy player and i dont like power charge generation with assmark if your build is reliant on having them up 100% of time. So i have to use pcoc. I wanted a build that has most things automated/defenses always up etc so i can focus my concentration on positioning/analyzing what is going on. I am still learning the game.

I guess the ultimate answer is skyforth boots. I could buy them, but i feel its such a shame ... more than the current cost invested to get rid of 1 gem basicly ... i dont know.

more jewels, more levels, skyforth or a charge swap sure can add damage. but i am at a point where this would need a serious amount of time and currency invested, so i thought i'd stop here to post a guide. will post an update if i decide to go further !

Actually I just noticed from the reddit thread that you don't use pierce. It's a huge dmg boost, especially if you use frost wall to kill bosses. I would also recommend frostwall totem. Not only does it aim for you, but there are some bugs with self cast walls.

So what I would swap is PCoC + ICS for Added Lightning + Pierce. For PCs you could use doedre flask, or curse on hit assassin's, and as embu said in the reddit thread, a diamond flask is a great idea since you have space for it.

"
MatrixFactor a écrit :
Actually I just noticed from the reddit thread that you don't use pierce. It's a huge dmg boost, especially if you use frost wall to kill bosses. I would also recommend frostwall totem. Not only does it aim for you, but there are some bugs with self cast walls.

So what I would swap is PCoC + ICS for Added Lightning + Pierce. For PCs you could use doedre flask, or curse on hit assassin's, and as embu said in the reddit thread, a diamond flask is a great idea since you have space for it.

will definetely try pierce. last time I read about wanders (like a year ago) I thought pierce+frostwall would be detrimental. I know about the selfcast bug, same problem for Explosive arrow. I saw a guy the other day using frost wall + trap + cluster traps. worked fine aswell.

If you do the math, ALD is not that great of a damage boost anymore - too much flat dmg is already added from auras + MoF. Slower projectiles would add more damage but probably reduce clearspeed. So i could use a lightning pen gem for some penetration.

Will try and play around with your suggestions this week. Honestly though I dont feel there is much need for change. The only time my dps is a bit low is when I am the only person left in a crazy double beyond T12+ map when all my party members died or left because no flasks and i am left with a 6man HP beyond boss that cannot kill me...

"
cmphx a écrit :

will definetely try pierce. last time I read about wanders (like a year ago) I thought pierce+frostwall would be detrimental. I know about the selfcast bug, same problem for Explosive arrow. I saw a guy the other day using frost wall + trap + cluster traps. worked fine aswell.

If you do the math, ALD is not that great of a damage boost anymore - too much flat dmg is already added from auras + MoF. Slower projectiles would add more damage but probably reduce clearspeed. So i could use a lightning pen gem for some penetration.

Will try and play around with your suggestions this week. Honestly though I dont feel there is much need for change. The only time my dps is a bit low is when I am the only person left in a crazy double beyond T12+ map when all my party members died or left because no flasks and i am left with a 6man HP beyond boss that cannot kill me...

Right, 100k GMP KB is definitely fine. It will also increase with pierce since you'll be getting multiple hits per shot.

For my setup ALD seems optimal, especially with WED. However I don't run anger.

ICD seems good but it won't show up on the tooltip if you're using a diamond flask to cap crit. You could probably test it vs ALD by using the ICS gem to simulate capped crit for ICD.

"
mad4thrash a écrit :

Thanks for the praise ! From someone with consistent challenge league success this means alot to me.

"
MatrixFactor a écrit :

Right, 100k GMP KB is definitely fine. It will also increase with pierce since you'll be getting multiple hits per shot.

For my setup ALD seems optimal, especially with WED. However I don't run anger.

ICD seems good but it won't show up on the tooltip if you're using a diamond flask to cap crit. You could probably test it vs ALD by using the ICS gem to simulate capped crit for ICD.

Tried out pierce and man its good :D Still leveling the gem, but should give same dps from what i see in my calculations. Spell totem also works great with Frost wall ! My single target is great now ! Thanks alot for your help & suggestions.

Also i added a dual curse variant. Was reaching 141k dps in dried lake with a lvl5 pierce gem, so should be well over 150k+. ES is down to 6500-7000 though.

Dernière édition par cmphx, le 13 avr. 2016 12:06:36
added new shipyard beyond video

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires